Troy

What do you think of the ongoing battle between Pionner1 and Kalexander2

I read for pleasure and to fill up my day. Posting online pretty much the same. Read Teaching as a Subversive Activity . I feel as though most of education is training people to be good workers. Did the teach more than problem solving in engineering?

I was invited by the director of admissions to visit Yales Business School. You had to defend your views against the entire class. I don't know if other Grad Schools teach students how to think. I don't believe thinking is the goal of education. 

@Cynique, do not get me wrong Cosby is a degenerate, but I had not heard the one about sucking the toes of a woman he drugged.  Putting myself in the position of the victim (rather than Cosby) helped me understand their situation.

I think (and I'm not talking about anyone here) the problem Americans have is their inability to empathize with others, especially Black people and poor people.

34 minutes ago, Troy said:

I think (and I'm not talking about anyone here) the problem Americans have is their inability to empathize with others, especially Black people and poor people.

Well, empathy is at the core of political correctness. So the Liberal segment of the country is feeling the pain of others - to the extent of becoming a pain in the ass because they are going over board in dictating to people how they are obligated to act...  😴      

Yes I agree political correctness has run amok, Americans have started using the term Latinx as opposed to Latino and Latina: it is like referring to someone's gender is an insult!  Even the voices of the female voice of Siri and Alexa defaulting to a feminine voice is insulting because this supposedly cast women into subservient roles.  I previously described a application I was about to fill where  the gender category had at least 10 other options besides male and female -- who thinks up this stuff?

But this is different than empathy. The people who think this stuff up dont consider the people they are trying to help.  They generally had a personal agenda. Many people from the Latin American community reject the term Latinx and many women don't care one way or the other which gender the voice Siri uses (I wish they would have a Black woman's voice preferably with a southern accent).

Cosby will likely go to jail because of the #metoo movement.  Honestly, I think after he gave this women $3 million she should not have a case. Cosby is still a degenerate, but the #metoo movement's political correctness claimed Cosby as a victim. 

This #MeToo "movement" has seemingly blown over as we wait around for the next bullshit revenue generating Twitter promoted hashtag to comes along in the meantime, R.I.P. #Occupy, #BlackLivesMatter, #FeeltheBern, #Change

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.