Holiday Books and Rum Balls

So, what are you buying and what do you want?

I got Walter Mosley's The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey for my son. I'm not sure it's really his type but it's become a tradition for me to give him a Mosley book and the new McGill won't be out till March.

For me I got Wizard of the Crow by Ngugi Wa'Thiong'O. It's been on my wish list for quite a while and I'm looking forward to it. Also got A Company of Moors by Justin Thomas - North Africa in 1640. Both of these are BABs 766 and 571 pages respectively, you know I like that.

I think it's been a couple of years since I posted my famous Rum Ball recipe for the holidays. Enjoy:

RUM BALLS

3 c Crushed vanilla wafers

1 c Chopped pecans (chopped small)

1 c Confecgioner's sugar

1 1/2 tb Unsweetened cocoa powder

3 tb Light corn syrup

1/2 c Rum

Confectioner's sugar for rolling

Combine vanilla wafers, pecans, sugar, cocoa powder, corn syrup, and rum mixing together well. Using slightly dampened hands, shape mixture into 3/4" balls. Roll balls in confectioner's sugar. Store in a tightly covered container.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Crystal

So, what are you buying and what do you want?

I got Walter Mosley's The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey for my son. I'm not sure it's really his type but it's become a tradition for me to give him a Mosley book and the new McGill won't be out till March.

For me I got Wizard of the Crow by Ngugi Wa'Thiong'O. It's been on my wish list for quite a while and I'm looking forward to it. Also got A Company of Moors by Justin Thomas - North Africa in 1640. Both of these are BABs 766 and 571 pages respectively, you know I like that.

I think it's been a couple of years since I posted my famous Rum Ball recipe for the holidays. Enjoy:

RUM BALLS

3 c Crushed vanilla wafers

1 c Chopped pecans (chopped small)

1 c Confecgioner's sugar

1 1/2 tb Unsweetened cocoa powder

3 tb Light corn syrup

1/2 c Rum

Confectioner's sugar for rolling

Combine vanilla wafers, pecans, sugar, cocoa powder, corn syrup, and rum mixing together well. Using slightly dampened hands, shape mixture into 3/4" balls. Roll balls in confectioner's sugar. Store in a tightly covered container.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Crystal

Umm sorry Crystal..but to hail wif the rest of that stuff...Im taking the rum and adding to some egg nog LOL..just kiddin..sounds tasty.. :P

I'll drink to that. Have a Merry Christmas, Ladies. :)

I'm thinking about tackling "Cleopatra: A Life" by Stacy Schiff. This new biography is winning rave notices, being called the definitive book about one of history's most elusive and fascinating female icons.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are funny! :) LiLi: that's why I buy a whole fifth! I only need 1 cup for 2 batches then the rest is MINE!

Thanks for the info on the Cleo book Cynique - think I'll check it out.

The Wizard of the Crow is cracking me up!

Crystal

LOLLOL I hope you brought it in right..I was sick and still havent recovered

LiLi