ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND WE GO

One could observe that there's never a dull moment on this board because people are always going at it, engaging in verbal combat, something that has become the name-of-the-game on social media.   How such confrontations play out here,  provide very good material for a spoof served up with a cast of caricatures. Let's shift into the satire zone for a moment and imagine a "mockumentary" about the genesis of a Cynique's Corner smack down.

After a busy day on the job where he holds the position of "head nigga in charge of shuffling papers", Pioneer is back in his digs,  flushed with a latte from Starbucks, busy at work putting the final touches on his latest post for AALBC’s on-line discussion forum. The subject of his latest post is something that came to him earlier after tossing aside a manual, entitled  “Single Race Theory  for Dummies".  Having forgotten  to turn on his spell-check, he proceeds to log on to the site where he will share his thoughts with fellow posters and his hoped-for audience of lurkers. The topic of his latest dissertation? "One is the loneliest number in the world", a subject on which he is an expert, having once known some one who was the loneliest of his 3 friends.

Meanwhile, Cynique before settling in for a interlude with her newly-arrived house guest, is on-line checking out recent comments on the corner named for her, looking for any excuse to start an argument because, much to the delight of her visitor, fussing gets her juices going. After "liking" harry brown’s weekly rant about greedy. womanizing.  black.  preachers. and. neo. nazi. cops. who. belong. to. the. KKK, her radar is suddenly put on alert. The appearance of Pioneer’s new post immediately puts her into attack mode. Yelling for her boy-toy to start the party without her, Cynique  homes in on Pioneer's carefully crafted article which is complete with maps, pictures, graphs, links and a YouTube video featuring a tirade by Louis Farrakhan.  Eagerly her eyes scan the material, hungry to find juicy nuggets to chew and spew at him.  Quickly spotting several misspellings, making a note to furnish a definition for a word he has taken liberties with, parsing a phrase she discovers is grammatically incorrect, she proceeds to take aim, firing off a couple of ad hominem remarks while describing  Pioneer’s article on one being the loneliest number in the world,  as something he made up while humping his blow-up doll. 

Elsewhere on the forum, finished with their contest to see who can write the most cryptic sentence, arch enemies Del and Kalexander spot the notification of Pioneer’s new entry, and hurry to inject their input. Making reference  to how he has picked the brains of thousands of people from all walks of life - when he's not spending his time casting astronomy charts which have, on occasion, been semi-accurate, Del is eager to validate Pioneer's claim, and shield him from Cynique's bullying. Kalexander simply settles for repeating his suspicions about Pioneer being a plant for the Russians, and then takes a break.  But not before endorsing  Cynique's harassment of Pioneer.      

Before long, Troy shows up to methodically explain to Pioneer why he is totally wrong about one being the loneliest number in the world, subsequently taking on Del’s counter-claim that Pioneer is absolutely right when it comes to one being the loneliest number in the world.  They will eventually spend considerable time one-upping each other about what components  make up the number one, 

ChevDov and Mel may put in appearances, opting to skip this debate, preferring to rhapsodize over such subjects as there being more Moors than previously thought.

Over days, the hot button issue about one being the loneliest number in the world will escalate into lively exchanges laced with sarcasm, ridicule, misinformation and occasional lapses into enlightenment. Repetition and reiteration will abound amid a litany of "who said what", - accusations embellished with quotes lifted from previous posts.  On and on it goes. 

Days later, the question as to whether one is the loneliest number in the world will have been sliced, diced, re-hashed and stirred up. Pioneer stands by his assertion convinced that white western science imposes its questionable beliefs on Afro Americans.  Del also hangs in, certain  that scientists are too arrogant to admit the truth about Pioneer's theory. Cynique philosophizes about "one' being an abstract number with 2 sides, both of which could be lonely.  Troy trusts what is correlated by scientific data gleaned from a study of prison life where everyone is determined to be lonely, - an affirmation we have to figure out because of omissions and typos he didn't correct. Chevdove, Mel,  Kalexander  and harry brown fade in and out as we all bide our time until another earth-shattering question arises and spawns a new hectic debate after which no minds will have been changed and no issues resolved. Again. There you have it. Life as it pulsates around the cyber space that encompasses Cynique's Corner. 

And so it goes...   😁

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Delano said:

I don't get the paper shuffling by Troy comment

i didn't say anything about Troy shuffling papers.

4 hours ago, Cynique said:

After a busy day on the job where he holds the position of "head nigga in charge of shuffling papers", Pioneer is back in his digs,

3 minutes ago, Delano said:

How could you  leave out Pioneer's boy toy comments.

4 hours ago, Cynique said:

Meanwhile, Cynique before settling in for a interlude with her newly-arrived house guest is on-line checking out recent comments on the corner named for her, looking for any excuse to start an argument because, much to the delight of her visitor, fussing gets her juices going... Yelling for her boy-toy to start the party without her, Cynique  homes in on Pioneer's post....

I did mention my boy toy, i just didn't attribute the comments to pioneer.

• Like 1

@Cynique that was brilliant.  I laughed all the way through this.  It was insightful and on point and just damn funny!  Thanks you so much for brightening my day!

This is a perfect ending to a long day. I've been at it for over 13 hours.  I'm gonna make myself a nice dinner and grab a glass of wine.

Thanks again Cynique. Indeed, thanks everyone for participating! 

I know, I know, I have to do better with my typos😞

• Like 3

On 7/17/2018 at 1:48 PM, Cynique said:

ChevDov and Mel may put in appearances, opting to skip this debate, preferring to rhapsodize over such subjects as there being more Moors than previously thought.

LOL. Oh Geez...

This was too funny!

I am fading in and out too!-- But right now, I'm so busy I can't get back and chime in regulary, ... but I'm trying...

I'm gearing up... to post some more... about 'being more Moor than I thought!--- 

I can't be mad at ya... this is too funny.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Your simply saying this is not adequate for me.  Elaborate on your claim please.

Cynique........

Just look at the word I wrote.

It clearly spells out:  W-R-I-T-T-E-R-S

Lol, how much more elaboration do you need beyond what's visually obvious?

There's a difference between clearly spelling out and correctly spelling out.  It never ceases to amaze me how you misspell simple words.  i could understand your doing this will long complicated ones.  But, whatever.  

12 minutes ago, Cynique said:

There's a difference between clearly spelling out and correctly spelling out.  It never ceases to amaze me how you misspell simple words.  i could understand your doing this will long complicated ones.  But, whatever.  

If you want to refuse to admit your obvious error, go right ahead.

Like you said......wwwwhateva'

On 7/25/2018 at 12:45 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Cynique........

Just look at the word I wrote.

It clearly spells out:  W-R-I-T-T-E-R-S

Lol, how much more elaboration do you need beyond what's visually obvious?

On 7/25/2018 at 12:51 PM, Cynique said:

On 7/25/2018 at 1:04 PM, Pioneer1 said:

If you want to refuse to admit your obvious error, go right ahead.

Like you said......wwwwhateva'

i didn't say wwwwhateva'.  i said "whatever."