REST IN POWER... Thank You Jay Z & Beyonce

REST IN POWER... Thank You Jay Z & Beyonce

The Trayvon Martin Story

Well, it was only just recently that the very 7-11 where this young teen, Trayvon Martin, visited before he was gunned down has been closed down. This story still grips me. I am so overwhelmed at the mere mention of his name. I am looking forward to this deput to occur on this upcoming July 30, 2018 of this documentary series. And even more strange is the circumstances of my own life in how it ties to this very story.

aHViPTQxNDg1JmNtZD1pdGVtZWRpdG9yaW1hZ2Um

https://youtu.be/97sB1Xjvkok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XfZ6aKhyfI

tmp_y87tUj_5d753dea02a8c57b_IMG_1785.JPG

Last year, and because of being displaced due to a recent hurricane, I found myself in Missouri and one day as I was driving down Florissant ave, I just happened to turn into a parking lot that I later found out was the very QT convenience store that Michael Brown had went to just before he was gunned down. I couldn't believe it. But then, my life experienced another shock. My relative moved due to a job transfer to Central Florida, and to work in Orlando. Well it was only a few days later that he told me he finally found a nice apartment community about thirty minutes from his job and so, I googled to learn about the area. Then I made the call to him and said, do you know where you are in proximity? I then told him, that you live in Sanford, Florida. 

I then said, "Do you know about the history of Sanford?" ANd, he said, he had no idea. I then told him, that is the very area where Trayvon Martin was gunned down. He was in total disbelief! Soon, I relocated too and then found out that I lived only about five minutes from the very place where Trayvon was killed. And in the interim, I learned how to make a video and captured the very 7-11 store and then drove from there to the Retreat at Twin Lakes. But about three weeks later, I went to redo the video to make it better, and 'what-do-you-know' but the store was closed down! This occurred in the month of May 2018 and I'm wondering does this store closing have anything to do with Jay-Z's film debut or what? At any rate, I can't believe I am in Florida. In February 2012, I was living in North Carolina with no idea I'd ever be leaving my home. I needed to be in a better place, but this was not what I saw in my future! In all my life, I would have never believed that I would ever have money or be able to visit or live in Missouri or Florida! But to end up in the very places were these recent sad events have taken place in America is mind boggling for me. What am I doing here!!!?

81N7tuLCkOL.jpg

07202013-national-trayvon-martin-jay-z-b

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1