THE ABSURDITY OF THE TRUTH

"What black folks need to do" is a mantra that has been chanted so long and so often, that you'd think by now the definitive solution would've transcended the droning and come into fruition.  Doing what other ethnicities are doing is one thing some blacks  think will be a magical solution.  Let them tell it, Whites and Asians and Hispanics all do the right things.  And they are rewarded for this by  being above blacks on society's totem pole. Really?

To me, the obvious answer to what black folks need to do, is overshadowed by a fixation on time-worn ideas which encompass the same ol imperatives. Black folks need to unite and be of one mind, they should diligently utilize their consumer power to boycott corporate America, start their own businesses and get a good education, at the same time  honor  those who fought so hard to win the vote, by making their demands heard through the ballot box. 

For some mysterious reason, doing what different voices suggest is in their best interest has never produced full scale equality for blacks and it is time to put a Plan B in place. What blacks really need to do is right before our eyes: Tell us, O Great Guru! What is the answer?  It is simple, My Children.  Find a way to change the color of their skin.  Because it is what attracts trouble. The battle for freedom and justice is half-way lost as soon as white eyes view skin that is a different color from theirs; it's a reflex.  Well-meaning whites can pretend skin color doesn't matter, but when it comes right down an "us" against "them" equation, they instinctively and probably subconsciously embrace the expedience of being among the "entitled" us while going through the motions of providing  the disadvantaged "them" with token support. 

Unfortunately, white supremacy is holding fast, so if a way was found to prevent whites from relying on a person's complexion to aid and abet their bias, then it would boil down to people being judged by the content of their character. With all due respect to MLK, this is admittedly a double edged sword. But Life isn't fair and changing their color would eliminate the handicap of skin shade for blacks. Yes, shrewd ruthless people will continue to dominate vulnerable incapable ones, but at least it wouldn't be about melanin. It would simply  be a testament to the age old truism about the survival of the fittest.  🙄 😉  

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Troy said:

"Fitness" is power which, in the real world, is derived from wealth. I argue any relationship to race is contrived. 

Not all white people are wealthy and powerful, and the reason there aren't more  wealthy powerful blacks is because racism impedes their progress, and racism cannot be separated from skin color. Theoretically, in a population where everybody is the same color, the competition for success will be won by  who is strongest and smartest. (fit).  

• Like 1

Agreed race has nothing to do with it.

I think however success comes to those who are the greediest and most evil. Strength and smarts, while commendable, don't stand a chance against a man with a gun who is willing to use it

• Like 2

There is enough Black on Black grime to render any panacea ineffective. Black on black self loathing and hatred of their collective blackness. 

Wealth didn't prevent the massacre of Black Wall Street it probably exacerbated the underlying envy.

The flip side of domination is insecurity. 

• Like 1

How doe

3 hours ago, Delano said:

There is enough Black on Black grime to render any panacea ineffective. Black on black self loathing and hatred of their collective blackness. 

Wealth didn't prevent the massacre of Black Wall Street it probably exacerbated the underlying envy.

The flip side of domination is insecurity.

How does all of this relate to my facetiously saying that what black people need to do is to find a way to change the color of their skin and  this would  prevent white people from practicing the racism that is based on skin color, and which impedes black progress??

Pioneer and K2 are not at each other because of racism but rather the effects of slavery. 

Troy how has dominating the world helped insecure white guys. This system doesn't even work for white people. Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain were both successful. I am not make light of depression. Don Cornelius also committed suicide. Having no money or not enough creates problems having a lot doesn't fix self worth disconnection or dissatisfaction. 

Not certain if this will be understood. 

What i have offered is a tongue-in-cheek alternative to all the other suggestions put forth in regard to what black people need to do to surmount what is holding them back. My suggestion has nothing to do with individuals' personal problems or relationships. It had to do with eliminating the impediment to equality which is the skin color that identifies a black person as being different from the dominate controlling society and subjects him to the unfair discrimination of racism.  A society where everyone is the same color doesn't guarantee that all problems will disappear, it just provides an environment for the separation of the wheat from the chaff  and where skin color would not be a factor in doing this.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 9:32 PM, Troy said:

I think however success comes to those who are the greediest and most evil. Strength and smarts, while commendable, don't stand a chance against a man with a gun who is willing to use it

This I believe is an unfortunate truth.

On 7/27/2018 at 9:48 PM, Delano said:

Black on black self loathing and hatred of their collective blackness. 

Oh yes!

And so, where did White Supremacy come from?

My answer; it did not only come from White people. White Supremacy also comes from Black people too. 

Wow. I didn't know this.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:33 PM, Delano said:

Don Cornelius also committed suicide.

Elf hatred is an individual problem held by the group. 

On 7/30/2018 at 10:56 PM, Chevdove said:

think however success comes to those who are the greediest and most evil. Strength and smarts, while commendable, don't stand a chance against a man with a gun who is willing to use it

Historically and currently true. 

@Chevdove et al the the above quote is within a quote . And as Troy and Cynique have stated it should be attributed to him.

@Cynique

@Troy 

On 7/27/2018 at 8:32 PM, Troy said:

The credit for this nugget goes to Troy.

As usual, most of the subjects you like focusing on are nuanced and have obscure meanings.....either that or I'm just not smart enough to figure out what the hell your point is, lol.

So I'll just take THIS excerpt and run with it............

Doing what other ethnicities are doing is one thing some blacks think will be a magical solution. Let them tell it, Whites and Asians and Hispanics all do the right things. And they are rewarded for this by being above blacks on society's totem pole. Really?

Actually, the more I listen to Neely Fuller Jr and observe what I can readily see going on in this society (as opposed to what's happening behind closed doors) the more I'm beginning to believe that the White power structure that runs America is both ALLOWING and GRANTING these other ethnicities to have success rather than it resulting from their own merit while at the same time attempting to restrict AfroAmerican success.

Ofcourse many will point to the fact that so many Asians and other groups have strong families, focus more on education, and work hard.......but this only pays off because White folks allow it.
White people in America haven't sought to destroy Asian families, deny them a place in the academic world, give them inferior education, and prevented them decent employment like they've done to AfroAmericans.

Most of these same ethnic groups who are so prosperous in the United States are usually found on welfare and in street gangs when the immigrate to Canada or Europe.
And ironically BLACK PEOPLE are doing better in Europe and Canada than many of these other groups!

People are crying about ICE and the immigration policies of Trump, but in reality they could be FAR more harsh on Latinos if they wanted to be....they're actually holding back.
The Latino gangs in California and even Chicago are far more vicious but the Black gangs are being targeted by the media and law enforcement more.

With the exception of maybe the Native Americans, AfroAmericans are being "targetted" above all other groups. For what reason, I'm not quite sure.

1 hour ago, Delano said:

There are a lot of poor whites as well. Why aren't they succeeding. Perhaps the system needs a certain amount of failures. 

Which means the system isn't broken this is how it is meant to function. 

This may sound like a harsh thing to say.....even an "absurd" thing to say, lol....but I believe MOST White people are poor because they WANT to be.

Let me explain......

White people in America tend to think different than most AfroAmericans.
They look at the world differently.

They tend to support the establishment and see the traditional way as the "right" way, so they feel that whatever happens in this society is JUSTIFIED....even to their own detriment.

Most White people also inherently believe in the "caste" system and believe that if they were born in a poor low class, they should just drink liquor, smoke cigarettes, and work their ass off until they drop dead...and not complain about it because that's their "duty" as members of society.

This is how they see life and themselves in it.

Obviously not all White people feel this way, but most of the one's I've met do.

While a Black person who hates their job will call in every week, do sloppy work, and get around slow .....most White people could hate their boss and hate their job and KNOW they're being exploited and mistreated but still come to work every day and bust their ass and take Red Bull drink and smoke cigarettes so that they can work even harder.....just because they feel it's their duty and role in "the system".

19 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Actually, the more I listen to Neely Fuller Jr and observe what I can readily see going on in this society (as opposed to what's happening behind closed doors) the more I'm beginning to believe that the White power structure that runs America is both ALLOWING and GRANTING these other ethnicities to have success rather than it resulting from their own merit while at the same time attempting to restrict AfroAmerican success.

Ofcourse many will point to the fact that so many Asians and other groups have strong families, focus more on education, and work hard.......but this only pays off because White folks allow it.

What you and Neely "what's-his-name" seem to be saying is that the white power structure is a cabal of conspirators  who have secretly met and decided this is how things will go down - that  they will "allow" certain ethnicities priority over black people and share a bigger piece of the pie with them, and "granting" this is really not influenced by their having stronger families and or being better educated, but - just because.  Why has this decision been made?  What does "Jr"  say is the reason for it? 

Cynique

What you and Neely "what's-his-name" seem to be saying is that the white power structure is a cabal of conspirators who have secretly met and decided this is how things will go down - that they will "allow" certain ethnicities priority over black people and share a bigger piece of the pie with them, and "granting" this is really not influenced by their having stronger families and or being better educated, but - just because. Why has this decision been made? What does "Jr" say is the reason for it?

Ofcourse the White power structure operated on conspiracy.
Do you think so many European nations engaging in the business of slavery and colonialism at the same time and in the same method was just one big coincidence?
You don't think powerful White people talk and plan together?

I'm not saying good education and strong families don't help with a community's  success, I'm saying it's not the MAJOR reason most of these non-Black communities are so successful.  The MAJOR reason they're successful is because White people are helping them out by allowing them to come to America and granting them opportunities in business and education.

As far as the REASONS behind why they're doing it.........
I agree with Neely Fuller Jr, their purpose is to sow division and cause CONFUSION.

If I can CONFUSE you about the cause and nature of your problem, I can make sure you don't come up with a proper solution.

If racism is the MAIN reason for you lack of success, but I can convince you that broken families and poor education is the reason.....then I can have you focused on family life and education instead of dealing with the real problem of racism and this will keep you in the same unsuccessful condition.  It also creates jealousy and division among people as one group looks at the other and their lack of success and assumes it's because they are inferior.

A Korean man will look at a Haitian  man and assume he's inferior because of his educational and economic conditions without realizing that Korea and Haiti were in the same condition 100 years ago (infact Haiti might have been better off)  and if it weren't for White people investing in his country Korea would be in the same condition the Haitian is in or worse.

@Pioneer1Yes, and the Illuminati is out to get you. Spare me your tired old divide-and-conquer explanations. The white power structure is a system, not an entity.  It didn't have to organize and hold secret meetings.  The only membership requirement was "white" skin. Everything just fell into place as white-skinned marauders invaded and conquered with their supreme weaponry, overwhelming thirst for power and mental acuity.  In their all-white world, the fittest among them  thrive. And "fittest" encompasses a lot of traits. 

And BTW, the "absurd" reason for the plight of victims of racism is that they haven't found a way to change the color of their skin from black to white. 

23 hours ago, Cynique said:

@Pioneer1Yes, and the Illuminati is out to get you. Spare me your tired old divide-and-conquer explanations. The white power structure is a system, not an entity.  It didn't have to organize and hold secret meetings.  The only membership requirement was "white" skin. Everything just fell into place as white-skinned marauders invaded and conquered with their supreme weaponry, overwhelming thirst for power and mental acuity.  In their all-white world, the fittest among them  thrive. And "fittest" encompasses a lot of traits. 

And BTW, the "absurd" reason for the plight of victims of racism is that they haven't found a way to change the color of their skin from black to white. 

It's funny how you ridicule the idea of White men conspiring as silly and paranoid......while at the same time we have a president being investigated FOR collusion and conspiracy, lol.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

It's funny how you ridicule the idea of White men conspiring as silly and paranoid......while at the same time we have a president being investigated FOR collusion and conspiracy, lol.

"Funny" is right.  Describing yourself as "silly" and "paranoid" are  your words; not mine. And putting  a nebulous, centuries' old power system that evolved naturally in the same category with a 72 year old white crook being charged by white investigators of colluding with white Russians, is a comparison made by someone lacking in perspective - who can't see past his own nose.  

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:10 PM, Cynique said:

"Funny" is right.  Describing yourself as "silly" and "paranoid" are  your words; not mine. And putting  a nebulous, centuries' old power system that evolved naturally in the same category with a 72 year old white crook being charged by white investigators of colluding with white Russians, is a comparison made by someone lacking in perspective - who can't see past his own nose.  

There's nothing "natural" about this modern socio-economic system.
Nor did it "evolve".....in my opinion this society has DEvolved into that which is unnatural and perverse.

22 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

There's nothing "natural" about this modern socio-economic system.
Nor did it "evolve".....in my opinion this society has DEvolved into that which is unnatural and perverse.

What did the present system devolve from? Your version of what is natural?   Which would be sexual communes where everybody was free to screw everybody else, and  wild untamed hair was be mandatory, and government would be run by whomever drew the longest straw and industry would consist of scratching around for food and water. 

• Haha 1

Thank you

And speaking of rules that civilize us...........

From what I've observed of history, there is "more than one way to skin a cat" so to speak.

Meaning....if we start off from a foundation of savagery and work our way toward civilization....there are MULTIPLE and perhaps near ENDLESS types of civilizations we can't establish that are far different from the one we're currently in.

The Egyptians, ancient Indians, and Mayans all had huge long lasting civilizations that were vastly different than ours with totally different marriage and sexual systems.

So who's to say THIS one is the most civilized and furthest away from animalistic tendencies?

16 hours ago, Troy said:

@Pioneer1 is right @Cynique there is "nothing" natural about the social constructs we've created for ourselves -- lifelong monogamy is one of them, but these "rules" is what seperates of from wild animals... and I mean that in all seriousness.

Who is to say what's natural?  Natural compared to what?   It's natural to try and survive. As nature takes its course, however things sort themselves out is natural. Randomness is not unnatural. I continue to embrace the "survival of the fittest" principle and the "it is, what it is" philosophy. The state of the world today is not abnormal;  it's is simply a situation called "Life".  

As for polygamy, in the animal kingdom, some species mate for life, others don't. It's the same among humans; it just depends on the individual.  Marriage is a choice.  Being a bachelor is accepted in society.  Single women are no longer stigmatized. Having children outside of marriage is now an acceptable option.  People are free to choose whatever lifestyle works for them.  Pioneer continues to complain about this western-influenced repressive society as if marriage and monogamy are mandatory.   They are not.  What's stopping him from being the head of a household that consists of more than one mate willing to accommodate his desire for variety?  

This is fascinating! I'm actually leaning more to Pioneer than Cynique in this conversation -- sweet Baby Jesus LOL! 

Cynique the law is what is stopping @Pioneer1!

First of all, polygamy is against the law and marriages are difficult to get out of.  Besides the fact that despite what you wrote @Cynique out of wedlock births are not as widely accepted as you suggest.  Large swaths of this country are far more morally conservative that you perhaps realize. The stigma still exists for many.

I'm not suggesting I know what is "natural" or that humans are more suited to polygamy than monogamy as Pioneer suggest.  He may be right; I don't know. 

What I do know however is that we need rules to function in a working society.  Of course with rules of conduct there will always be people who can't comply.  If there are enough of people who can't comply, good societies make an accommodation and change the rules.  

Now, the "get married to someone of the opposite sex, when you are a virgin, and never have sex with anyone else until your or your partner dies" seems unnatural to me. 

Further, is seems impractical given that virtually no one does this -- despite the fact that the Church teaches this and people feel guilty when that can't meet the standard and are doomed to Hell.  It is no secret that human sexuality is dysfunctional in America for this and other reasons.

Again, I don't know what is natural, but I suspect that multiple partners, throughout life may be more natural for men than life long monogamy.  Of course some brothers can do this without a problem, shoot some Brothers don't ever have to have sex. 

Perhaps what is natural Cynique, as you suggest, is up to the individual.  But individual sexual liberty are not the cultural norm.  Women can file for divorce for infidelity and take 1/2 a man's stuff.

The law says Pioneer can't have multiple common-law wives living with him?  Consenting adults can't have sex anytime they want to without the benefits of marriage? Single, adult females are ostracized for deciding to have a child?  Come on.

@Troy  who is four-eyed gangsta?

On 7/27/2018 at 3:53 PM, Cynique said:

What blacks really need to do is right before our eyes: Tell us, O Great Guru! What is the answer?  It is simple, My Children.  Find a way to change the color of their skin.  Because it is what attracts trouble.

@Cyniquemakes a good point.   Because our skin color is an easy target -it weakens those in power.  They  can exploit us by our skin color so it removes their ability to come up with other methods of subjugation.  For example, look at the ruling class in China - because everyone shares a similar phenotype; they had to come up with a grading system to create an underclass to make money off of -- it's ingenious.  This is why the Chinese will always be the OGs of the world.   Here, though, once we accept that our complexion hinders us - we can do like Whoopie in The Associate and work as our own secretary and send a white man in to handle our business. ;)

• Like 1

I did not say "ostracized," though in some communities this would indeed be the case.

But come Cynique don't tell me you would not feel some kind of way if all your daughters showed up pregnant by men they could not say was the father was without a DNA test.

Mel the "four-eyed gansta" I made it up. It is a play on a name I heard somewhere else. I just did a search and see the name is not unique...

3 minutes ago, Troy said:

But come Cynique don't tell me you would not feel some kind of way if all your daughters showed up pregnant by men they could not say was the father was without a DNA test.

This is not what i implied when i spoke of "single adult women deciding to have a child".  Many single women nowadays who have not found someone they want to marry, are opting for artificial insemination or employing sperm donors because they have decided they want a child before they get too old.  They are usually career woman well equipped to take care of themselves and their child.  They don't get a lot of flack about this.

Also, i am not undermining a structured society with moral standards.  i am just saying that people are free to circumvent it if they so choose; some do so boldly, others are more discreet.  

@Cynique, So you would look sideways at a women who could not identify the father when it is done naturally, but f they have the money to go to a clinic an select from some anonymous donor that is AOK huh?

I agree with your last statement, and if there are enough dissenters to the prevailing moral standards, in a reasonable society, to standards are subject to change.  But then we have a slippery slope; at some point a line has to be drawn and still people will cross it.  There are always those "bold" souls who will push any boundary created.

There is a reason fundamentalists are so resistant to change and why the elimination of all rules leads to chaos.  The trick is to find some imperfect middle ground.

Asian people still use skin color against each other whether is is china, japan or india.  Colorism is present in all of those cultures @Mel Hopkins

5 hours ago, Troy said:

So you would look sideways at a women who could not identify the father when it is done naturally, but f they have the money to go to a clinic an select from some anonymous donor that is AOK huh?

??? i am not making any judgments. I am simply saying that this Western World Society  is not as repressed and as inhibited as you and Pioneer have been claiming it to be,  and 2  examples of this are that consenting adults are free to do whatever they want when it comes to sex. And nobody is stopping  single, adult females from having babies if they so choose. The only consequences to doing these things  is the possible disapproval of those who think of themselves as "respectable" or "conventional" people.  

@Cynique So now we are talking about the entire western world. 

Bottom line Cynique you and I know every well that if your daughters all showed up unable to identify the father of your grandchildren, because they were sleeping with a bunch of different dudes you would not be pleased -- and for good reason, because well should make judgements. If we don't make judgment our moral code has not meaning -- it has to be enforced.

Cynique define "adult."  Is it based upon age, say 21 or 18?  Can and adult be based upon sexual maturity at say 13?  This is an important issue because when you say "consenting adult" I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Also the "western world" only makes of a small percentage of the planet's population -- and most of those people don't subscribe to the values you or I might hold so dear.  Our attitudes dominant because, as the four-eyed gangsta say, America has big guns are we are willing to use them.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

...so now we are talking about the entire western world. 

Bottom line Cynique you and I know every well that if your daughters all showed up unable to identify the father of your grandchildren, because they were sleeping with a bunch of different dudes you would not be pleased -- and for good reason, because well should make judgements. If we don't make judgment our moral code has not meaning -- it has to be enforced.

Cynique define "adult."  Is it based upon age, say 21 or 18?  Can and adult be based upon sexual maturity at say 13?  This is an important issue because when you say "consenting adult" I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Also the "western world" only makes of a small percentage of the planet's population -- and most of those people don't subscribe to the values you or I might hold so dear.  Our attitudes dominant because, as the four-eyed gangsta say, America has big guns are we are willing to use them.

@TroyNothing you say has anything to do with the point i am trying to make in response to you and  Pioneer insisting that this society with its white western values is a puritanical one that represses people's natural instincts. The gist of what i am saying is that this is actually a pretty free-wheeling society we live in. i am not talking about the necessity of moral codes. That's another subject. 

And i can't believe you don't know "the age of consent" when it comes to sex.   Anybody over 17 is free to engage in sex with anyone they choose, as long as it is mutually agreed upon. They just  have to deal with whatever personal consequences ensue from this. But it is not something they are legally forbidden to do.  And it's also not against the law for any single female to have a baby. Abortion is more contested than this.  When statutory rape enters the picture then the law steps in. This is how it goes in this white western country.  i have no idea what the rules are in the African sphere where Pioneer, especially, seems to think that anything goes when it comes to black folks gettin their groove on in the course of being "natural".

Incidentally, my daughters and granddaughters are all over the age of 17 and i don't meddle in their personal lives.  I trust them to be mature enough to  do what's best for themselves inasmuch as my disapproval would probably fall on deaf ears.  

• Like 1

@Cynique I understand your point I just disagree with it. 

It is clear to be that your worldview is one shared by folks living in or near big cities.  I'm sure despite everything I've written that I'll never convince you that there are large swaths of this country that don't agree with abortion, out of wedlock birth, homosexuality, consumption of alcohol, and all the other practices you city slickers seem to enjoy (think Nation of Islam -- but for the rest of America).

No, I was not familiar with the universal law called the "the age of consent."  I presume this means that I as a 56 year old man can have sex with a 17 as long is I can convince her to agree to do it -- which I assure you would not be very difficult.  In your book of morality is that cool with you? 

I'm asking because my next question would be how about if she were 15? At some point you'd draw a line and and I'd give you an examples of people who have crossed that line, and contrast it with your own "puritanical" values.

I do not think you are as "liberal" as you are trying to make yourself appear to be Cynique -- but that is a good thing.

Again we all judge and for good reason.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

It is clear to be that your worldview is one shared by folks living in or near big cities.  I'm sure despite everything I've written that I'll never convince you that there are large swaths of this country that don't agree with abortion, out of wedlock birth, homosexuality, consumption of alcohol, and all the other practices you city slickers seem to enjoy (think Nation of Islam -- but for the rest of America).

It is apparently not clear to you because you have cruised into straw man territory, veering off into projection side roads, lecturing to me about things which i have not rendered an opinion on.  i've never said that everybody in this country approves of the behavior that adults are free to indulge in this society, and i didn't express my approval of everything adults are free to do. Or have i belittled moral codes as you imply. These are all things you conjured up to refute.  

2 hours ago, Troy said:

No, I was not familiar with the universal law called the "the age of consent."  I presume this means that I as a 56 year old man can have sex with a 17 as long is I can convince her to agree to do it -- which I assure you would not be very difficult.  In your book of morality is that cool with you? 

I'm asking because my next question would be how about if she were 15? At some point you'd draw a line and and I'd give you an examples of people who have crossed that line, and contrast it with your own "puritanical" values.

What book of morality are you referring to? You're the one who has set himself up as a paragon of virtue, whose example i should follow.     If you think i have "puritanical" values, why would you "accuse"  me of being liberal? Make up your mind, or check the definition of the word puritanical if you can stop being inconsistent long enough to do this.  

Wait, what?! Quote a single thing @Cynique, that I wrote that would substantiate me setting myself up as the paragon of virtue... please.

What I trying to point out to you is that the term moral is relative and by some standards your views would be seen as "puritanical."

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Wait, what?! Quote a single thing @Cynique, that I wrote that would substantiate me setting myself up as the paragon of virtue... please.

What I trying to point out to you is that the term moral is relative and by some standards your views would be seen as "puritanical."

OK.

6 hours ago, Troy said:

I understand your point I just disagree with it. 

.  Righteous indignation permeated your whole attitude as you proceeded to show me the error of my ways.

6 hours ago, Troy said:

I'm sure despite everything I've written that I'll never convince you that there are large swaths of this country that don't agree with abortion, out of wedlock birth, homosexuality, consumption of alcohol, and all the other practices you city slickers seem to enjoy

That is a  arrogant presumption delivered from your pedestal, an assessment that ignores the fact that i never condoned any of these sins that apparently offend your noble sensibilities 

In another instance  after I told you 17 was the age of consent, you decided to focus on age 15, grilling me, trying to elicit a judgmental testimony from me.  But you wouldn't leave it at that. You went off on tangents bringing my adult daughters into the picture as if to shame me for not being appalled by the thought of them being promiscuous. Then - you condescended to forgive me for perhaps not being as depraved as you assumed i am. Last but not least,  you keep referring to my "views" in spite of the fact  i have not  expressed any personal views about this subject.  i have simply provided information as to why, all things considered, American society is not an unnatural repressive one constrained by western values. 

@Cynique those statement do not support me be asserting myself as a paragon of virtue.  Using your reasoning I could say the same you, but I won't because I don't believe that to be true.

How is saying that morality is relative -- including your perspective -- setting myself as some "paragon of virtue?"

Me stating the fact that I, understand your point but just disagree with it, cause for being accused of "Righteous indignation?" in you perspective. How does simple disagreement conjure "indignation?"  I not expressing indignation, nor do I feel it.  This is an emotion that you are perceiving for a reason I don't understand.

18 hours ago, Cynique said:

American society is not an unnatural repressive one constrained by western values. 

Agan, this is fundamentally a statement that I disagree with.  You can call my disagreement "righteous indignation" or say that I'm no propping myself up as a "paragon of virtue," but none of this will change my belief on this issue.  Indeed hurling types of personal brabs at me just tells me you don't have a very strong argument to support your opinion.

They take people, Black ones in particular, and through them onto jail for smoking Marijuana -- a natural plant. This sounds exactly like the actions of an "unnatural repressive" society to me.  If you'd like to dispute this, I'm all eyes, but if you wanna call me more names, don't waste the key stokes...

@TroyWe obviously are at odds as you defend yourself from the label that i used when defending myself from the one you used to describe me. So this  old lady from a suburb of Chicago who you have decided holds in contempt the  "large swaths of this country that don't agree with abortion, out of wedlock birth, homosexuality, consumption of alcohol, and all the other practices you city slickers seem to enjoy",  will leave you to stew in the resentment  that is the result of your not being able to take what you dish out. 😛 I might add that not only don't you not know anything about my moral compass, but where do you get the information that small town America in more prudish than urban American?  Their populations do just as much dirt as anywhere else in this country, especially in rural parts.  And the so-called religious ones are the biggest offenders.  Where do you think the term "shot gun marriage" originated And the "respectable" middle class are the ones who have abortions to get rid of the  indiscretions that might disgrace the family name. And let's not over the town drunk that is a familiar character.  I can only  assume that the  "Peyton Place" and The Kinsey Report are before your time.  🤔

Moving right along, what originally  sparked my input into this discussion, were the  comments being tossed around about the lifestyle of this country not being an environment that is compatible with the natural instincts of African Americans in regard to their sexuality and their affinity for polygamy.   For the umpteenth time, all i am saying is that  adult black people are free to indulge their desires in these areas as long as they don't rape adult females or commit statutory rape against minors under the age of 17.  I also noted that, horny black men with a penchant for variety are free to  keep a bunch of common-law wives under the same roof. And black females of any age are free to procreate as much as they choose.  Taking all of this into consideration was enough for me to argue that this country does not inhibit the natural desires of African Americans. All of this other stuff about hair and colorism and injustice are a different matter. And your marijuana example is really weak inasmuch as this natural plant is not indigenous to Africa, and is no more desired by blacks than whites, and the fact that it is readily available is just another indication that this society is not repressive.   Selling it is a crime that dealers of any color will be arrested for.  Inequity in regard to who gets the stiffest penalties falls under the category of "injustice" not sexual repression.  😬

Cynique

Who is to say what's natural? Natural compared to what? It's natural to try and survive. As nature takes its course, however things sort themselves out is natural. Randomness is not unnatural. I continue to embrace the "survival of the fittest" principle and the "it is, what it is" philosophy. The state of the world today is not abnormal; it's is simply a situation called "Life".

Well to start with, nature is that which you don't have to be TRAINED into doing or PUNISHISHED into not doing.

Smoking cigarettes isn't natural, you have FORCE yourself to do it and fight the coughing, nasty taste, and cave in to peer pressure in order to go it.
Eating an orange or banana on the other hand is natural and tastes good and you don't have to be tricked or trained into doing it.

It's as NATURAL for a man to seek multiple mates to copulate with and spread his seed  as it is for you to seek multiple sources of food and store them up for a famine or drought.

Most men had to be TRAINED through religion to be monogamous and PUNISHED for not being monogamous, which means it didn't come natural for them.

What's stopping him from being the head of a household that consists of more than one mate willing to accommodate his desire for variety?

Social pressure....on both me AND my partners.

You....like most....may sit up and CLAIM that we all have the right to do and live as we please but if I were working with you on a job and told you I had 4 wives you'd try to get me fired or at best try to turn every other co-worker against me.

The female relatives of all the women involved with the man of a polyamorous relationship would badger the women  and degrade them for being in that relationship calling them stupid, brainwashed, exploited, ect.....and in many cases would even call law enforcement to find out what can be done legally to break up the relationship and punish that man!

Face it, the only time you'll accept polyamory is when WHITE MEN tell you to accept it.
.....like they did homosexuality.

in response to you and Pioneer insisting that this society with its white western values is a puritanical one that represses people's natural instincts.

Not only does it represses people's natural instincts, it CORRUPTS them and WARPS them.

Again, the taste of cigarettes isn't one you naturally like....it's an acquired taste that people often have to be TRICKED into accepting.
So they come up with menthols to trick your brain into thinking you're tasting peppermint candy.

Anybody over 17 is free to engage in sex with anyone they choose, as long as it is mutually agreed upon. They just have to deal with whatever personal consequences ensue from this. But it is not something they are legally forbidden to do. And it's also not against the law for any single female to have a baby. Abortion is more contested than this. When statutory rape enters the picture then the law steps in. This is how it goes in this white western country

You're focused on the LEGAL rules but you're also forgetting the SOCIAL rules that are often even stronger and too often prevents people from acting on what is natural.

Although it's LEGAL, do you think a man can see a 30 or 40 year old woman walking down the street with her boyfriend and proposition her for sex without consequences?

And even though it's legal for him to do so, if there was a fight and the police got involved they would probably accuse the man and not the boyfriend of starting the fight simply by doing that which is natural and legal but still SOCIALLY unacceptable.

"Free" means free both legally and socially.

Troy

Again, I don't know what is natural, but I suspect that multiple partners, throughout life may be more natural for men than life long monogamy. Of course some brothers can do this without a problem, shoot some Brothers don't ever have to have sex.

Exactly, and I've shared the same observations.

You can go from one end of the spectrum clear to the other.
From the polygamist....to the man who doesn't want sex at all....clear on over to the man who not only likes other men but likes MANY other men, lol.
Nothing applies to everyone 100%.

But what we're talking about are the MAJORITY of men and what applies to them.
I've known very few men who ONLY wanted one woman their entire life.

You seem to be conflating Pioneer's position with my own.. In any event I was not indignant or resentful.  In fact, I rather enjoyed our exchange and laughed when I read your description of me as the a self appointed "Paragon of virtue." (did I find it funny because it has a grain of truth? 😒)

People are simply not the same everywhere. There are places where no alcohol is sold on Sunday and places where prostitution is legal.  I would not live somewhere where I could not buy a cold one on a sunday afternoon.

People choose communities that reflect their values.  Some people love living in NYC,  I do not.  It is noisy, filthy, crowded, and expensive.  Others find it filled with life, diversity, sophistication, and swagger.

In the area I live in now, filled with gated communities and chain stores, has it issues too, but the trade offs are worth it at this stage of my life.  I don't have to step over the homeless people as I got about my daily business or walk with my head down so I dont step in dog do-do. The likelihood of my being a victim of a crime is virtually nil.

Some behavior I would regularly witness in NYC simply not exhibited here. No once have I heard the word nigger uttered in public, not have a seen a mother curse a child out at them them that they are a piece of shit just like their dad.  I have however witness bible study and prayer groups meet in Starbucks and the B&N

I've lived in at least 20 places for a year or more and every community is different, and this is largely because of the people.

@Pioneer1 I don't think I have ever met a man that only wanted to be with one woman their entire life.  But I was born and raised in NYC 😉

• Like 1