Almost Like Troy and Pioneer Arguing Over Race....

That's Jesse Lee Peterson again....lol.

And no, he's not too smart for being an unapologetic Uncle Tom who claims that racism NEVER existed.....but I have to admit that he's smarter than he lets on.

He purposely PLAYS ignorant to bait his guests into his traps and let their guard down.
He's also a bit charismatic which tends to disarm people who would otherwise attack him or storm off of his show highly offended.
Don't underestimate that clown.

So if he is not dumb, then he is wicked.  Maybe his is adopting his position to attract attention and make more money.  If he were a younger, female, and attractive it might just work for him. 

Middle aged Black men are invisible.

Perhaps wicked, or perhaps he became disillusioned and just gave up on his own.

I'm convinced that a lot of Black people turn against their own people and become Uncle Tom and join racist conservatives NOT JUST for money, but out of despair.
They may look at other Black people and the negative conditions and become so disgusted and depressed by  what they they feel like "selling out" and joining a winning team is the only reasonable solution.

Just now, Troy said:

@Mel Hopkins, absolutely, unless you are providing entertainment, the culture has no use for you (us).  I'm open to discussion on the issue. 😉

@Troy, I'm not familiar with any man being invisible.  This really is news to me and I'm not being facetious either.  Look at who dominates the self-help genre and this includes both men of anglo-saxon and african descent.  Look in the pulpits across the America - Look at the list of black ceos of fortune 500 companies... Look at the educators - Skip Gates has a whole dang-on center at HARVARD!!!!   Please elaborate 😲

Jesse Lee Peterson will remain in relative obscurity.  But if he were female, 25, and cute spouting the same nonsense he'd have a name we'd all know.

What Black CEO of fortune 500 companies are you talking about @Mel Hopkins?  I'm sure there are no more than 5 -- not exactly a powerful example to make a counter argument.

As far as self help, I dunno; who are the self-help gurus? People like Steve Harvey come to mind but he is an entertainer. 

Sure Black men dominate the church's leadership, but that is like saying the leaders of local chapters of Black greek letter organizations are visible -- sure they are, but that visibility does not extend beyond the narrow spheres of influence.

Skip gates would be an exception, but there are always exceptions. Skip is a unicorn, not exactly reflective of the educators at elite institutions and certainly not the norm.

@Troy, If you want to pick apart each industry and look at the representation then it would look like there are none but that's not what you wrote.  You wrote black middle age men are invisible and that's false.  

It doesn't matter if you don't like  who is representing black middle age men - the fact remains black middle age men are NOT invisible. 

Michael Eric Dyson,Phd,  Reverend Al Sharpton,  Tavis Smiley, Michael Steele,  Former President Barack Obama, Ret General  Colin Powell,  Eric Holder, Senator Corey Booker....Kenneth Cheneault, Kenneth Frazier, Robert Johson,  Ben Carson, MD, Cornel West, 

And that's just off the top of my head

@Pioneer1 now that I watched that one Jessie Lee Peterson's video Google's Youtube is shoving all the other Peterson videos in my face.  Reverend Jessie Lee Peterson, unbeknownst to me before now is a pretty prominent fellow and he has seemingly made himself pretty popular with his silly perspectives on race.  (Don't jump all over me @Mel Hopkins 😉 for he serves purpose for white folks).

In the videos below Bill Maher and Sean Hannity uses Petersen In an interesting way:

1 hour ago, Troy said:

for he serves purpose for white folks

@Troy  2 question and 2 observations.

Do you now believe there's such a thing as "race" or are you using the term "white" as signifier of the U.S.  current power structure? 

I ask because you now see that Peterson is indeed not INVISIBLE but you now attribute his visibility to serving a  purpose for 'white" folks.    Isn't it possible that there is a black community that subscribes to his message?  

I get the sense, that if a person isn't walking around promoting everything from a specific 'black' community (one that you deem is black enough) then he or she for "white' people's amusement.  Am I correct? 

I use the terms Black and white as we understand them here in the US, but I also recognize that there is no scientific basis for the designations.

I'm sure there are a number of Black folks who ascribe to Peterson's worldview.  Indeed, someone described him as part of the "Coon Squad," a group of folks including Omarosa who take positions that serve white folks, usually at the expense of Black folks. (Generally I believe these people are mostly interested in serving themselves, but that is another story).

To answer you last question: what I find is that we in the Black community, with rare exception, do not determine who is visible.  Anyone who has any level of visibility that benefits Black folks is shut down.  Whether it is Malcolm X, Colin Kaepernick, or any number of Black men who try to build a platform to support Black people.  The Black men who are visible are there was because white folks put them in the position.  Typically it is because they are the likes of Peterson or provide some form of entertainment.

@Mel Hopkins, please don't give me the names of entertainers to counter my point or some obscure business leader who the general public never heard of because they don't impact anyone's life in a positive way. 

I used literature as an example, because the books we produce are excellent proxy for what the culture deems to be important.  Again ours is a culture that marginalizes Black men -- middle aged Black men in particular.  These are the men who should be having their greatest impact on the culture, but do not.  I'm not even sure why the is a topic for debate...

Again, if you want to believe Black middle aged men are truly visible go ahead, but I suspect now that this might be a situation that you really can't understand, because you are not a Black man.

Camille Yarbrough understands:

44 minutes ago, Troy said:

whether it is Malcolm X, Colin Kaepernick, or any number of Black men who try to build a platform to support Black people.  The Black men who are visible are there was because white folks put them in the position.  Typically it is because they are the likes of Peterson or provide some form of entertainment.

@Mel Hopkins, please don't give me the names of entertainers to counter my point or some obscure business leader who the general public never heard of because they don't impact anyone's life in a positive way. 

So basically you decide what or whose platform supports black people.  by the way, most media outlets have stated they will no longer show the anthem portion of NFL games - most recently ESPN.   So I guess, Colin Kaepernick has made an impact - because no more jingoism in televised sports. 

Any way, I gues  you decide  who has impacted someone's life in a positive way - and be damn the black men who ARE visible doing that damn thing ... LeBron James. 

And then you wonder why no one is interested in rank-in-file black men or reading about them ...  they have no voice.

Also since, you say I wouldn't understand because I'm not a black man - I guess  we'll no longer hear from you about black women, right?

• Like 1

Troy

Ofcourse Jesse Lee is pretty popular with so-called "conservative" Caucasians because he's self depricating towards his own people.
He pretty much says that racism doesn't exist and it's all a figment of AfroAmericans' imaginations so he's basically don't some of their dirty work for them.

(Generally I believe these people are mostly interested in serving themselves, but that is another story).

Actually you're right.
Most people who know Jesse personally says he's not NEARLY as big of a coon or uncle tom as he portrays, but he's doing and saying the things he says for money and publicity.
He simply doesn't care about the damage he's doing to the AfroAmerican community by promoting the views he's promoting, he only cares about himself.

BTW.....Mel is getting all UP in your ass right now in a way I haven't seen her do before.
Lol.....what did you do or say to her to piss her off????

Mel

Isn't it possible that there is a black community that subscribes to his message? 

I get the sense, that if a person isn't walking around promoting everything from a specific 'black' community (one that you deem is black enough) then he or she for "white' people's amusement. Am I correct?

COME ON NOW miss lady.....lol.
Don't tell me YOU agree with Jesse Lee Peterson's view.

If you're going to smack Troy upside the head for not believing in the obvious reality of race...well....
Go right ahead..lol.

But if you're going to agree with Jesse that there is no racism and all the problems AfroAmericans are facing are their own fault, I'm not sure about that one.

54 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Mel

Isn't it possible that there is a black community that subscribes to his message? 

I get the sense, that if a person isn't walking around promoting everything from a specific 'black' community (one that you deem is black enough) then he or she for "white' people's amusement. Am I correct?

COME ON NOW miss lady.....lol.
Don't tell me YOU agree with Jesse Lee Peterson's view.

If you're going to smack Troy upside the head for not believing in the obvious reality of race...well....
Go right ahead..lol.

But if you're going to agree with Jesse that there is no racism and all the problems AfroAmericans are facing are their own fault, I'm not sure about that one.

@Pioneer1 

LOL!   You know I don't believe in race either...but maybe my memory is faulty but I remember Troy saying you give white folks too much credit - so I was confused as to where he was coming from this time. I can't keep up.  First it's google is out to get us - then its  google keeps this site running - lol But I digress. 

Of course I  don't agree with Jesse Lee Peterson.   One - I have no patience for misogyny -and it's rare that a black preacher isn't a misogynist - second  I can't believe he doesn't see the shenanigans (institutional racism/classism) that goes on here in America.  It was just this week - folks (white and black) had to come out in support of a Georgia county - because the election board was trying to close 7 of the 9 polling places leaving only 2 polling places open in the majority white neighborhoods. That is a straight symptom of racism - - there are too many instances.

But by now you should know I don't knock anyone's hustle.   Nor am I the arbiter of what will help a community.   I've learned in my old age that we humans are motivated by the strangest things.  I definitely get a bee in my bonnet when people decide what is right or wrong for the next person. No one person has the answer and to pretend they do is outrageous.  We all have our own path to follow. 

In fact, I even stepped back from judging some of the things you've written.   I've noticed that although I don't agree with some of your methods; I've found merit in it.  Some of your positions have  helped me see past my blindspot and find a solution to some of my own challenges.  

Now imagine, if you would have kept those thoughts to yourself and just been a lurker... been "invisible"  then I may have missed an opportunity to move out of my own little 'world' ...

So, no I don't agree with Jesse but why would I fault him for being self-serving?  Who isn't self-serving?  If you don't help yourself you sure can't help anyone else?

Dude is visible  AND on the world stage.  His being there rattles quite a few cages -  - so you never know who is watching and might be inspired enough to rise up and then become the next  man or woman on the stage who will challenge the Jesses,  hannities of the world -

By the way, Hannity is still buying up Georgia ... so,  Hannity is "ignorance" seems to be paying off too - -  I ain't mad at none of these folks - if you don't have cash in America you might as well be a fart in a blizzard.  

Mel

In fact, I even stepped back from judging some of the things you've written. I've noticed that although I don't agree with some of your methods; I've found merit in it. Some of your positions have helped me see past my blindspot and find a solution to some of my own challenges.

Now imagine, if you would have kept those thoughts to yourself and just been a lurker... been "invisible" then I may have missed an opportunity to move out of my own little 'world' ...

I'm beyond pleased to have helped you with this!

Even if a person doesn't agree with me, if I manage to convince a person to change and expand their way of thinking on a given subject I get an exceedingly rewarding feeling.

I learned some time ago that one of the keys to solving problems and even developing one's personal creativity is to see the world we live in from multiple and often unorthodox perspectives.
I decided to make a habit out of this to the point that even when I'm driving down the street I can look at a fire hydrant and come up with 4 or 5 different uses for it OTHER than what it was originally designed to do.

So, no I don't agree with Jesse but why would I fault him for being self-serving? Who isn't self-serving? If you don't help yourself you sure can't help anyone else?

I don't fault Jesse for simply helping himself and doing what's in his best interests either.
Infact,  unlike most people  I don't think selfishness.....like lust or greed....is necessarily bad in and of itself.
As far as I'm concerned these are morally neutral concepts.

When it becomes a problem is when your selfishness or greed influences you to HARM others in order to enrich yourself; now you're infringing on the rights of others and causing damage.

If Jesse was taking money to simply keep his mouth shut and not speak out against racism and injustice I wouldn't have too big of a problem with him. I probably wouldn't even have heard of him.
But he's getting paid to actually fight and argue with other AfroAmericans who want to fight racism and make them look silly.
He is also getting paid to lie and spread falsehood, things that are inherently wrong.

By the way, Hannity is still buying up Georgia ... so, Hannity is "ignorance" seems to be paying off too -

Lol.....
If you're bored, listen to Hannity get made a straight fool of by the late Dr. Khalid Muhammad on his own radio show many years ago when he used to have a radio show down in Alabama:

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I learned some time ago that one of the keys to solving problems and even developing one's personal creativity is to see the world we live in from multiple and often unorthodox perspectives

Get real! You've never looked at the world through anything but your squinted eyes because you're handicapped by the tunnel vision that limits you to an Afro-centric view.  What you call personal creativity is the self-absorbed conceit you are full of, and there's nothing flexible about your thinking. Nobody, for instance,  could  make you change your idiotic diagnosis about the female sex drive, delivered in your self-appointed role of a gynecologist. Not to mention your entrenched views about black culture, something else you consider yourself an authority on, enabled by the degree in sociology you awarded yourself from pioneer's college of "dis here is right, y'all".    🤓 

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I decided to make a habit out of this to the point that even when I'm driving down the street I can look at a fire hydrant and come up with 4 or 5 different uses for it OTHER than what it was originally designed to do.

If you can stop wallowing in the crud of your self-satisfaction long enough,  pray tell the world what other worthwhile purposes a fire plug could fill beside serving as a place for you to lift your furry leg when there's no public bathroom around. You actually need to devote some time to more constructive things like learning how to spell everyday words.  And get a life so you'll have something better to do than make up lies about an 85-year-old grandmother sending you pictures of herself.  Watta loser.🤣 

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2018 at 9:50 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

I can't keep up.  First it's google is out to get us - then its  google keeps this site running - lol But I digress. 

@Mel Hopkins is is only confusing when stated that way, out of context.  Google is a monopoly for search. I'm dependent upon them for traffic to this site.  Google is also a monopoly to advertising sales, so if I want advertising from brands I have to get it through Google.  This single entity can put AALBC out of business or enrich me anytime they desire. 

Google also hijacks traffic to book sites by putting their book store right at the top of the search engine results -- before ads and of course before organic search results.  As I've mentioned before, this has stunted the growth of book sites, put many out of business and prevented new sites from launching. 

These factors alone has devastated Black book sites, depressing book sales and perhaps impacting the number of Black books that are published by the Big 5 as a result.  

Obviously an business that is dependent on a single entity for its survival is at risk.  So while Google may not have a mandate to destroy Black owned book sites Google's actual behavior would be not different if they did.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

is is only confusing when stated that way, out of context.  Google is a monopoly for search. I'm dependent upon them for traffic to this site.  Google is also a monopoly to advertising sales, so if I want advertising from brands I have to get it through Google.  This single entity can put AALBC out of business or enrich me anytime they desire. 

We're not in disagreement @Troy   -Google is the most used search engine BUT they aren't the only ad-serving company.

4 minutes ago, Troy said:

They me the name of the #2 ad serving company and what their market share is.

@Troy,  1) I'm not the one that complains about google - or their power. I don't use their ad-serving business. Nor would I if I were in that position.  When I don't like a business practice - I DON"T PATRONIZE THEM. 

So, now does it really matter if I name you another ad serving company or their market share?  Probably not -because if you were so angry with google you would already know and use them.

If has nothing to do with anger.  I use google for purely pragmatic reasons.

All of the others I used previously I stopped using because they simply stopped generating revenue (largely because of googles dominance), so now I sell ads directly and use Google.

What is frustrating Google's monopoly leave me less well off and at greater risk. 

When there were more options I made money from the other ad network and I also made more money from google.  

Today google is far better off financially, but everyone else is less wealthy.  In my case, this is despite having more pages views than ever.

• Like 1

Cynique

You've never looked at the world through anything but your squinted eyes because you're handicapped by the tunnel vision that limits you to an Afro-centric view.

Giiiiirl if I were YOU I'd be the last person to sit up and call someone else's eyes "squinted"...LOL.

Your eyes are so tight it looks like somebody braided your upper and lower eyelashes together.