Global Warming

Because that was the website YOU referenced @Delano

I should create a site called conpro and write articles discussing the "pros and cons" of things like getting your children vaccinated, restricting the rights of women to have abortions, "45" a great president, or enslaving Africans...  Some things are not up for debate -- especially among lay people. 

Debating the pros and cons of enslaving Africans, for example, sets up a false moral equivalency  for which some people can not make a distinction.  Even debating issues like climate change gives the counter argument more weight that it deserves -- even if the vast majority of scientist reject the ideas.  This only confuses people.

So while I think you and I can agree that enslaving Africans is bad, there are some people who are on the fence on this issue and would be very easily convinced that it is a good idea with a plausible sounding counter argument. 

This is a problem with the internet (stupid ideas proliferate) and our education system (people are unable to distinguish stupid ideas from reasonable ones).

@Troy

Troy unlike yourself some people want to have both sides of the climate debate before they make a decision. 

Also even if you have decided  an issue, the site is informative. And is used as a teaching tool at schools all over the world up through the university level. Luckily your myopic view isn't shared by educators. 

It is a well put together site. Which would be obvious even to you. If you had bothered to read one pro and one con. 

Here is a concept debate climate, but clean up the environment. Thats my position an unlike your hero Al Gore I don't have a heated pool. 

I like to believe you are not a fool, but being fooled. 

I think simply and follow  the money.  

Trump becoming President. 

Trump being impeached. 

Bill Cosby guilty. 

You disagreed with me and in the end you changed your mind because of the evidence. 

So either i am delusional, a good  guesser or something else. 

Time and $50 will tell. 

6 hours ago, Delano said:

Troy unlike yourself some people want to have both sides of the climate debate before they make a decision.

Del my point is there are two sides to lots of issues. But that does not make both sides equal. In the climate "debate" one side's position is fringe the other side is commonly accepted.

It is interesting that you and 45 embrace the same position on climate change, Trump is increasing his net worth denying man made climate change, what is you morivation?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah Madeira getting hit with a storm like this is unprecedented.

I guess you heard the ominous warnings issued by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change:

"Governments around the the world must take "rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society" to avoid disastrous levels of global warming, says a stark new report from the global scientific authority on climate change."

Does this, or the article you posted, change your opinion on climate change, or is it much ado about nothing?

That storm the hit florida a couple days ago was the strongest one to hit that part of the state... ever -- or since they have been keeping records.