My Inspiration to Physical Fitness . . .

My Inspiration to Physical Fitness . . .

=======================================================================================

I have a long, long way to go. I haven’t even started yet . . . Well, actually, I have actually started . . . and started . . . and then started again and again and again . . . I am still trying to get a handle on my craving for chocolate . . . and my habit of drinking grape soda . . . Pioneer, please pretend that you didn’t read this post! . . . LOL.

You’ve probably seen and heard about these amazing stories, but I don’t believe I will ever get bored of reading about them or seeing these amazing women. Anyway, I call these women; Doves’ Beauties of the Day . . .

=======================================================================================

Beauty #1

***Ernestine Shepherd***

Meet the 81-year-old woman who can bench press 115lb

I’m always asked for bodybuilding advice in the gym

Ernestine Shepherd 23 April 2018

Health & Wellbeing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e3b963716e20410ef64045lej-18438.jpg

EARNISTINE SHEPHERD

I get up at 2.30am every day. After my devotions and meditations, I have breakfast then I’ll go for a run (with a bit of walking thrown in) in my hometown of Baltimore. A typical day sees me usually exercising at the gym by 7.30am. Then I’ll teach a workout class with up to 45 people until around 11.30am before going home to eat, have a nap and see my husband, Colin. I’m usually back at the gym for 5.30pm, training people aged 20 to 86 until 7pm….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/bb27dc63-acda-4bb8-981f-988866ace2fd

maxresdefault.jpg

p061d5nb.jpg

========================================================================================== 

Doves’ Beauties of the Day . . .

Beauty #2

***Wendy Ida***

Wendy Ida is her name and yep, she is 60 years old. She could pass for forty or even younger than that!

3aed02811151e586c97bf1ea2544d5ce.jpg

HER Story: How 65-year-old Wendy Ida changed her life with fitness

By Kristen Stephenson /Published 15 March 2018

Wendy-Ida3.jpg

342f48fcaee7065b85b835ee5790e6a7.jpg

Edited by Chevdove
add pics
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2018 at 6:39 AM, Delano said:

Keep on going.

@DelanoThank you! I needed that. 

18 hours ago, Cynique said:

...Lazy? Yes

@Cynique LOL. Me too. 

15 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

... I’m embarrased by it....

@Mel Hopkins Me too! Thank you for the encouragement! For me, there are so many obstacles. 

14 hours ago, Troy said:

she lost me at get up at 2:30 a.m.!... 

@Troy LOL. Me too! 

6 hours ago, Delano said:

I am coasting on my decades of cycling . Although I need to stretch to walk

@Delano Get out!!! I wish...

One of my kids pedaled a bike with a group all the way from California across America to Virginia. 

Edited by Chevdove
add tag
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

One of my kids pedaled a bike with a group all the way from California across America to Virginia. 

I would have loved to do that!  Del and I rode 100 miles with a group once.  I rode a bike from NYC to Washington DC with a group and have ridden from NYC to Philadelphia a few times by myself.

Like Del I too am coasting on years of being an athlete, but I think genetics is a big part of my benefit too.  

• Like 1

Chev

You know what?

No lie, but as soon as I saw the words "my inspiration to physical fitness" I KNEW you were going to talk about Ernestine Shepherd.
I acutally mentioned her on a post a few years ago.

She looks great for ANY age, but the fact that she's in her 80s is an added benefit.
For some reason I find that an already attractive woman becomes MORE attractive to me when I find out she's much older than I assumed she was.
Probably because it's a subconscious manifestation of good genes.

Some people are just genetically GIFTED with strong great looking physiques even unto old age.

You can always improve yourself but people should realize that no matter how hard they work out or how well they eat, there's a good chance they will NEVER look like these people. They simply don't have the genes that allow it.

That sounds like something off of Forrest Gump....lol.

Well sis......
I don't know what kind of shape you're in PHSYCIALLY and I wish you all the luck.
But based on the few exchanges I've had with you, your MIND is absolutely gorgeous!

I told one of my dudes the other day talking about the Cardi B - Nicky Minaj incident that as a man I would rather have a 250 pound Oprah who is intelligent, can hold a conversation, and acts like a lady....than a 115 pound Nicki Minaj who is loud, offensive, with a demonic disposition.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

...Probably because it's a subconscious manifestation of good genes.

Some people are just genetically GIFTED with strong great looking physiques even unto old age.

@Pioneer1 I agree. I am not her age but, I only wish I could look like that! It has got to be genes. I was confident when I was younger, but I don’t have that same physique now. I would be satisfied to be physically fit.  

You can always improve yourself but people should realize that no matter how hard they work out or how well they eat, there's a good chance they will NEVER look like these people. They simply don't have the genes that allow it.

True! That is unbelievable. But hopefully, she will give me the inspiration to at least get a good routine

going and strive for small goals, by and by. I love to be active, but I am so terrible with keeping up a good

routine. If I were near a gym with a good pool, that would be my choice of activity.

Well sis......
I don't know what kind of shape you're in PHSYCIALLY and I wish you all the luck.
But based on the few exchanges I've had with you, your MIND is absolutely gorgeous!

I told one of my dudes the other day talking about the Cardi B - Nicky Minaj incident that as a man I would rather have a 250 pound Oprah who is intelligent, can hold a conversation, and acts like a lady....than a 115 pound Nicki Minaj who is loud, offensive, with a demonic disposition.

LOL! Thank you!!! This has made my day!!!

On 9/24/2018 at 8:47 AM, Troy said:

I would have loved to do that!  Del and I rode 100 miles with a group once.  I rode a bike from NYC to Washington DC with a group and have ridden from NYC to Philadelphia a few times by myself.

@Troy That is still awesome!

On 9/24/2018 at 8:47 AM, Troy said:

Like Del I too am coasting on years of being an athlete, but I think genetics is a big part of my benefit too.  

That is always a good reason to be grateful for genetics!

... I hope mines would have kicked in a little better! Shoot... 

I am going to have hit the pavement or the pool or something.

Chev

I've never had an obesity problem, I've had issues trying to GAIN weight...lol.
But I can understand the frustration of trying to lose weight because I have so many family members and friends who struggle with it.

One of the main problems with why so many AfroAmericans struggle with weight isn't so much the amount they eat and the lack of exercise, but it's the CHEMICALS that are being put in the food that people of color seem to be exceptionally sensitive to.

Just like when you go to the West Coast and look at the Mexican Americans and Native Americans....most of them are obese. Even when they're small they tend to be "round" and chubby and stubby.
This is due to the Wesern diet of a lot of starch, breads, sugars, and red meat....something their genes aren't used to.
It's the same with our people.
Many of them are fat and "round" both in the body and in the face today because of all the unnatural foods and junk foods they're eating that was originally designed by and for Caucasians.

Eating spaghetti and pizza....made by and for Italians.
Eating cheeseburgers and hot dogs....made by and for Germans.
Eating ice cream and milk chocolate candy......both are dairy products with high amounts of sugar.

AfroAmericans have been CONDITIONED to love these foods even though most of them don't have the genes to metabolize them.

Actually our bodies are TOO GOOD for most of what Caucasians eat!

Our bodies don't need as much sugar and grease to produce energy as theirs do, so it gets stored as fat.
We don't need as much meat to make protein and buid muscles, so that too gets stored as fat.

An African of the same size could easily function on less than HALF the food a Caucasian needs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I've never had an obesity problem, I've had issues trying to GAIN weight...lol.
But I can understand the frustration of trying to lose weight because I have so many family members and friends who struggle with it.

@Pioneer1 I am just trying to be physically fit. One of my sons also do things to try and gain weight . . . and it is so irritating! lol.

Chev

Like I said, some things are just genetic.
However I do believe that the proper diet can COMPLIMENT your genes to get the desired results.

One of my cousins had a weight problem all through out childhood and early adulthood and said he tried every diet and exercise routine that was out there on the market but nothing seemed to work for him long term. I used to watch his weight bounce up and down from very obese to obese back to very obese.
But after going to a chiropractor for a bad back he was not only able to lose weight but KEEP it off for over 20 years. He said his chiropractor told him to do just a FEW simple things like no eating 3 hours before bed time and not eating fried foods and it was more effective than all the diets and exercise programs he had done previously.

The proof was in the pudding because he lost tons of weight and actually kept it off.

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

However I do believe that the proper diet can COMPLIMENT your genes to get the desired results.

That should be "complement" not "compliment".  Did the proper diet transform you from "Slender Man" into the "Incredible Hulk" in the fantasy comic book world in which you have cast yourself as the hero?   💀... 🤢

Complement: n. a thing that completes or brings to perfection: v. add to (something) in a way that enhances or improves it.

Compliment: n. a polite expression of praise or admiration. v. politely congratulate or praise (someone) for something

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

If you eat the proper foods, you're paying your genes (and the rest of your body) a nice comPLIment.

You're telling them how wonderful they are and how much you love and admire them, lol.

Any excuse to keep from admitting you're wrong.  You couldn't be making this statement while looking in a full length mirror.  Fess up.  You're unattached   because there's nothing about you that would appeal to a smart woman who isn't blind.