Ebony. Exodus,Black. Women Leaving,Religion!!!!

Book,Ebony. Exodus. About. Black. Women. Leaving. The. Church.  My. Opinion. Black. People.  Should,Leave,The,Church. Religion ,Preachers. Are. Pimps .They. Want,Women. And. Money.  Black. Women.  Are. Not. Respected.  Preachers  Have  Been  Caught  With,Prostitutes,Arrested  For  Stealing,Murdered  Their  Wives,Have,Children  With  Mistresses,Black  Preacher Got  A  14-Year  Old  Pregnant.  Black Church,Condones It,So  Does,NAACP,Black  Political...Ebony  Exodus,Book  By  Candace  R  M  -Gorham.

I can hear someone close to me saying right now, "This is the work of the devil" 😮 Seriously, I'd also question the statement that Black women are the least educated group in the country. 

the-ebony-exodus.jpg

The Ebony Exodus Project: Why Some Black Women Are Walking Out on Religion―and Others Should Too

September 1, 2013

Black women are the single most religious demographic in the United States, yet they are among the poorest, least educated, and least healthy groups in the nation. Drawing on the author's own past experience as an evangelical minister and her present work as a secular counselor and researcher, The Ebony Exodus Project makes a direct connection between the church and the plight of black women.

Through interviews with African American women who have left the church, the author reveals the shame and suffering often caused by the church—and the resulting happiness, freedom, and sense of purpose these women have felt upon walking away from it. This book calls on other black women to honestly reflect on their relationship with religion and challenges them to consider that perhaps the answers to their problems rest not inside a church, but in themselves.

I left the black church back in the early  80s... why would any woman listen to some man spew misogynist bs. I  Also left because I’m not into worshipping Ha’Satan.. It never made sense to me to give equal time to an entity that according to scripture work for but is no where near the greatness of THE ALL. 

The reverend at my church helped baptize me into the First Christian disciple of Christ denomination -and they don’t mention the accuser in sermon, song or  praise or worship.  

Only thing I missed was some “ Sanging”.  I can’t imagine black american women are actually leaving the church - but i can see the young women not joining in the first place. 

• Like 1

@Mel Hopkins Church dysfunction aside what institutions do you think can (or even should) fill the void? 

Places like NY City with the country's largest Black population over 2 million negroes have relatively few mega churches.  While a city like Dallas with an order on magnitude fewer Black people are overrun with mega churches. 

Why to you think there is much greater demand for churches in Dallas (the south in general) and far less in paces like NY City-- is it just more things to do?  What is filling the spiritual void for New Yorkers?  

Virginia has arts and a nicer ocean, but churchwise they are similar to dallas.  

I never heard anything about New York being a spiritual mecca.  Honestly it seems like one of the least spiritual places in the country.  It is the home to the world financial markets -- that alone should disqualify it.  The land mass has been completely paved over with concrete making is entirely devoid of nature. The lights drown out the stars, cutting you off from the rest of the universe.  The air polluted and it is too noisy to even think clearly divorcing one from their own psyche.  Just a few many reasons I would live almost anywhere else than New York City

Spiritual Mecca -- I dunno about that one sis!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Troy said:

It is the home to the world financial markets

You really do crack me up...  you disagree but intuitively hit on all the right notes.  (You know that’s why I hang around here... it’s like manna for my 3rd eye)

It’s not a spiritual mecca because it’s home to financial markets - it’s home to financial markets because of its spiritual energy.    

Thank you for reminding me - 😊

By the way, does Dallas have a Giant Ferris Wheel ?

Oh never mind - I guess the churches aren’t working - they have plans for their own Giant Ferris wheel on the water.. (I didn’t even know Dallas had a body of water lol!  

Welp, now they’re getting their own Sun Dial... to Join London, New York, Dubai, Chicago , and the list goes on

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Delano said:

Wealthy people like thr esoteric. Millionaires don't use astrology billionaires do. JPMorgan 

Yes!  @Delano you and I twin in esotericism... I felt so strongly you could hear me on this subject.  Africans are drawn to the energy spots.  If you came to georgia you’d live near me... I live above the water yet I’m surrounded by it... in a energy vortex.  

I didn’t consult my charts but I knew my career would have a bright spot this year... So, yes Billionaires use astrology - and Queen Elizabeth knew it was time to get an African woman in the monarchy...

also speaking of Billionaires - Richard F Smith didn’t get married in Rome - but he did marry in Italy ... (Rome

is  still financial district and “home to the Gods” 

Come on y'all, can you think if any other resasons that the world's great cities are on bodies of water? (sorry Mel ATL ain't one of them 😉). What do cities like London, Tokyo, New York, etc have in common?

So yall think gates, Zuckerberg, Bezos, et al are wealthy because they practice astrology? 

18 minutes ago, Troy said:

sorry Mel ATL ain't one of them 😉<span> ). 

i agree ... and you know I’m OTP west, right?   I’m going to have to think long on that one - because I can’t think of any “spiritual mecca” that’s landlocked.

Re: Mark Z , Bezos 

And a bit of  Kabbalah and I Ching  too! 

Btw @Troy commerce grew as a result of the energy - not the other way around.   Malidoma Patrice Some speaks about this phenomenom,  I think, in “Of Water and The Spirit”...

How many power centers are devoid of ancient or modern mythology and fables. 

The following people's practiced astrology and divination. Arabs Babylonians Chinese Greeks Chaldean Sumerians Tibetan Mayans Egyptians  Dahomey Indians et al. 

Water dowsers were most likely used in establishing of towns. 

I once met a Tarot reader and this brother made a living reading for option traders. Personally I think folkshe ridicule or criticise publicly but consume privately. More por'n is consumed in the bible belt. Pedophilia and the Catholic Church, Jack leg ministers, family value conservatives. etc cetera. 

• Like 1

LOL! I looked it up OTP but could not figure out what it meant. I gather the perimeter is the boundary created by I 285, and that Six Flags over Georgia would be considered OTP West; is that right?

As far a spiritual meccas how about Sedona Az.  It is a lovely place and there are nothing but crystal gazing hemp users out there.  

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

From my Toldja column - EVERYBODY KNOWS NY IS SPIRITUAL CENTER...😆

People move to New York looking for magic and nothing will convince them it isn’t there.

Charles Thomas Tester hustles to put food on the table, keep the roof over his father’s head, from Harlem to Flushing Meadows to Red Hook. He knows what magic a suit can cast, the invisibility a guitar case can provide, and the curse written on his skin that attracts the eye of wealthy white folks and their cops. But when he delivers an occult tome to a reclusive sorceress in the heart of Queens, Tom opens a door to a deeper realm of magic, and earns the attention of things best left sleeping.

A storm that might swallow the world is building in Brooklyn. Will Black Tom live to see it break? 
From  ~The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle