Bill Cosby Sentenced

Guest Blue Tapestry

I have not followed up on this particular story about Cosby, but I'm one of those Black folks who don't believe that Cosby should have been thrown in Jail for the crime he committed.  Cosby had previously given the woman 3 million dollars which she took. But smart people can argue the point...

If these other powerful white men (Harvey Weinstein, Les Moove, et all) get off that is just adding  insult to injury., but also par for the course here in America.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

I have not followed up on this particular story about Cosby, but I'm one of those Black folks who don't believe that Cosby should have been thrown in Jail for the crime he committed.  Cosby had previously given the woman 3 million dollars which she took. But smart people can argue the point...

If these other powerful white men (Harvey Weinstein, Les Moove, et all) get off that is just adding  insult to injury., but also par for the course here in America.

I echo your sentiments.

I wonder what happened to Tavis Smiley.
Haven't been hearing much for him since the accusations and dismissal.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

I echo your sentiments.

Well, it's not like these men get off without paying the price.  They are bribing their way out of incarceration.  But their reputations are irreversibly damaged.  Cosby's crimes were just silly.  Drugging white women to make sure they wouldn't reject him.  Other choices made more sense when it came to his sex life, But as a black man he didn't think big.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

but I'm one of those Black folks who don't believe that Cosby should have been thrown in Jail for the crime he committed.  Cosby had previously given the woman 3 million dollars which she took.

This is how I feel too. But, I know that Bill Cosby was wrong, but to be thrown in jail, Oh I mean -- prison. 

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I wonder what happened to Tavis Smiley.

Yes, this shocked me too! 

The dates of the alleged incidents span from 1965 to 2008 across ten U.S. states and one Canadian province

High-profile attorney Gloria Allred is representing 33 of the alleged victims. In July 2015, some of the court records from Andrea Constand's 2005 civil suit against Cosby were unsealed and released to the public. The full transcript of his deposition was also released to the media by a court reporting service. In his testimony, Cosby admitted to casual sex, involving the recreational use of the sedative methaqualone (Quaaludes), with a series of young women, and acknowledged that his dispensing the prescription drug was illegal.

Source Wikipedia 

17 minutes ago, Delano said:

Have a listen and telk me what you think. 

I don't think America will ever be prepared to really know what a person like me thinks about this issue initially. I am screaming inside because when I hear about these Me Too cases, I stuck on about 200+ years of the kind of Me Too stories about Slave Masters and etc. that will never be brought to light in this AMerican court that way that it has been for these women!!!

Do I have Me Too stories . . . smh. smh. smh. ... 

Me!? Get retribution!? LOL. What a joke.

But yeah, these stories are horrible!!! HIs last statement-- WOW!!! Creepy. 

He seems to have demoralized these women! Did he pay them money, or did they get some kind of gain way back when this happened to try and keep them quiet?

Has he admitted to any of these acts in court? 

BAsed on my personal experiences, I don't have much faith in this court system, but, why would these women lie? I am beginning to think they are telling the truth. 

• Like 2

@Delano no need to hunt for the clip, more of the same will mot make a difference. 

Cosby was tried and convicted on the sexual assualt of one person -- not the dozens of other women whose stories were so old they exceeded the statute of limitations.

Indeed the first trial Cosby was not convicted. It was only when the torrent of crying white women became admissible that Cosby's fate was sealed.

That's true Del. Post the clip if you like.  I was just telling you that it would not be necessary to do so on my behalf.

Is it clear to you that Cosby was sent to jail, "purportedly," for the sexual assault against a single women -- a woman he'd already settled with in civil court by paying her off with $3,000,000?

Troy like Weinstein it wasnt a secret in the industry. 

I heard about both Kevin Spacey and Cosby being predators in the 90's by an individual who had first hand experience with them. Cosby admitted in court to buying illegal drugs to have sex with young women. The real monster is Camille because some assaults happened in their home. So she either would  recognise the dates as when she wasn't home or she may have been home. He had a 25+ year history of drugging and raping women. He made jokes about dtugging and raping women. 

It's a power thing with him because he had enough fame and money he didn't have to drug them. 

I saw first hand how people reacted to celebrity. I used to read Tarot at a bar that was owned by Michael Imperioli's wife. I was at the after party for the Movie he did with Spike Lee. I have chatted with both Corey Glover and Vernon Reid. So i was a but closer to that world than most. 

However you have your reasons for defending a serial convicted rapist, who bought women's silence. Okay Troy no argument from me. 

Here we go! @Delano don't go off the deep end I'm simply saying i do not agree that Cosby should have been sent to prision the Constan (sp?) case.

Cosby's accused behavior is reprehensible he abused women who trusted him more that should have because of his celebrity and wealth. But that was not what he was tried and convicted for. 

@Delano, you don't find a problem with this woman taking millions of dollars from Cosby and continuing to see him AFTER the assault then turning ariund an being responsible fir putting him in jail?

Calling Camille a monster is presumptuous and a bit callous.

7 hours ago, Troy said:

The woman, Constan, made that agreement Del, long before we learned about the situation.

1 hour ago, Delano said:

So welathy people can conmit crimes as long as the pay their less wealthy victims? 

LOL, this situation sounds like what Stever Harvey told Monique. He told her, [paraphrasing] 'Monique, this is rich people's problem.

When Cosby paid her off, she definitely wasn't poor, well, for me, I would have been rich! LOL. But I guess, for her, it was not enough money to keep her quiet for ever.

16 hours ago, Delano said:

The real monster is Camille because some assaults happened in their home. So she either would  recognise the dates as when she wasn't home or she may have been home.

ARe you serious!? Well, come to think of it, I think this is a significant issue! But, I also think that those other women were deceptive too. They seem to have wanted something out of these sexual relationships, especially if he didn't have to really drug them. They went along with it, and knowing that he was creepy. That's why I do not understand why it seems, all of a sudden, they went after him like that.

10 hours ago, Troy said:

you don't find a problem with this woman taking millions of dollars from Cosby and continuing to see him AFTER the assault then turning ariund an being responsible fir putting him in jail?

Are you kidding!? I didn't know that she continued to see him and after being paid a large sum. 

But tecnically though, it doesn't matter how much money he paid her, he was wrong. 

1 hour ago, Delano said:

So welathy people can conmit crimes as long as the pay their less wealthy victims? 

But what crime? If it was consensual, then what crime did Cosby commit? Was the charge, drugging his victims without their knowledge? 

That would be a crime because, a person could die from having a bad reaction to certain drugs. I think I answered my own question. 

I really didn't follow the case.