Bill Cosby Sentenced

Guest Blue Tapestry

I've never been a victim of sexual assault so I'm not sure if I'm qualified to determine whether or not he received justice for the crimes he allegedly committed many years ago.

Howere what IS unjust in my opinion is the fact that most of the Caucasian men in Hollywood like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacy who not only have accusations against them but have actual VIDEO AND AUDIO evidence of them assaulting women and boys.....haven't even been INDICTED yet, let alone sent to prison.

@Mel Hopkins remember Cosby PAID Konstan (sp?) 3 million bucks! Bill did NOT want to go to jail. Camille knew what time us was...

@Pioneer1 I thought Weinstein is in court. All the other victims have to do is press charges before statute of limitations is up --if they have a case -- people like Al Franken didn't really do anything worthy of prison time. 

Who would you be talking about?

I dont know about Weinstein. But you can't be indicted if you are not charged. Bill had over 50 accusers over a span of 40 years what white boy has as many accusers? At least one took him to criminal court. Again find a white guy you wanna compare bill to. 

Keep in mind far more white men have caught up in this "me too" movement than brothers. 

5 minutes ago, Troy said:

I dont know about Weinstein. But you can't be indicted if you are not charged. Bill had over 50 accusers over a span of 40 years what white boy has as many accusers? At least one took him to criminal court. Again find a white guy you wanna compare bill to. 

Keep in mind far more white men have caught up in this "me too" movement than brothers. 

They may have been "caught up" in terms of losing their jobs or shamed on social media....but how many WHITE men have you seen actually led away in handcuffs to prison?

Think about the numbers.
You yourself admit FAR MORE White men have been accused, yet FAR LESS have been prosecuted and imprisoned...so you tell me what's going on.

While we're on the subject, despite all of the accusations and pay offs....how many CATHOLIC PRIESTS have you seen actually be led away in cuffs?

2 hours ago, Troy said:

1 I thought Weinstein is in court

HW is  out on a million dollar bond - his next hearing is in November 8 postponed from September 20th in New York Supreme Court.   Weinstein wants the charges thrown out.  He’s also being investigated for a federal case,  Los Angeles and in the UK - -

• Like 1

Based upon @Mel Hopkins' statement things do not look good for Harvey. 

@Pioneer1 You have an irksome habit of changing your argument when presented information that refutes it; you said:

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Howere what IS unjust in my opinion is the fact that most of the Caucasian men in Hollywood like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacy who not only have accusations against them but have actual VIDEO AND AUDIO evidence of them assaulting women and boys.....haven't even been INDICTED yet, let alone sent to prison.

Now that this point has been rendered indefensible, rather than acknowledging the flaw in your statement you then start talking about catholic priests? 

So what is it? Are you now comparing the treatment Cosby and Harvey are recieving the the priests in the catholic church?

• Like 1

Del

I hare to sat it but that is the money shot.

It's the 800 pound gorilla in America's criminal "justice" system.
Even the media refuses to talk about how so many of these priests are avoiding jail time. They just report the matter for a day or two and then sweep it under the rug.

Troy

You have an irksome habit of changing your argument when presented information that refutes it;

Now that this point has been rendered indefensible, rather than acknowledging the flaw in your statement you then start talking about catholic priests?

?????

What are you talking about?

According to Mel, Harvey has yet to see jail or even a trial while they've tried Cosby TWICE already.
And Kevin Spacey who allegedly jump on top of a boy and put his d*ck in his face has YET to even feel cuffs around his wrists despite the accusations against him.

Cosby was tried and convicted with LESS evidence than has come out against these two men.
Or atleast less than what is being reported in the media.

Infact, they actually got Cosby on what some could consider DOUBLE JEOPARDY because he was basically tried twice for the same or similar crime but with a slightly different accuser or accusation.

Whether he's guilty or not....just like OJ Simpson.....they wanted to see him in jail so they basically kept on at it until the "got him" on something.

Do you see the same thing happening to Harvey, Kevin, Les Moonves, or any other prominent White man in Hollywood?

Cosby's conviction and imprisonment compared with Harvey and Spacey is just one example of injustice that we can ACTUALLY SEE, but there are probably hundreds of cases going on around the nation that we DON'T see of AfroAmerican men being charged and convicted on far less evidence than Caucasian men accused of the same thing.

Harvey's case has not played out yet. Lets see what happens when it has been fully adjudicated; then maybe you'll have a point

Well.
As long as we're ignoring the here and now and focusing on what justice MAY come in the future......

George Zimmerman isn't in jail right now, but maybe he'll eventually go.

Trump isn't finished with his term yet, maybe he'll change his speech and behavior.

Catholic priests HAVE and probably STILL ARE molesting boys, but maybe ONE DAY they will stop.

We can certainly hope for the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, well.....................

Prosecutors drop sex assault charge against Harvey Weinstein after contradictions arise in accuser Lucia Evans’ account

The criminal case against disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein sustained a blow Thursday when prosecutors with the Manhattan District Attorney’s office dropped one of the charges against him.

Prosecutor Joan Illuzzi-Orbon told the court she would drop count six of the indictment, which involves Lucia Evans, an actress who accused Weinstein of forcing her to perform oral sex on him in 2004.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/weinstein-case-heads-back-court-amid-potential-setbacks-050900619--abc-news-topstories.html

:unsure:  Is my point still "rendered indefensible".....or does it now have some validity?

Troy

I'm not sure.
Because I'm not sure who's telling the truth.

The accuser....Lucia Evans....NEVER said she voluntarily performed oral sex on him.
She has consistantly said he FORCED himself on her.

The only ones claiming it was voluntary are the defense and the prosecutors and their excuse for dropping the charge they CLAIM is because of some letter they received by a so-called "friend" of Lucia's:

"Why now? I'm baffled," Goldberg told "CBS This Morning: Saturday" co-host Michelle Miller. "She's been steadfast for the last 15 years that she was forcibly sexual assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. There's no writing in existence that refutes that."

But in a letter to the defense unsealed on Thursday, Manhattan prosecutors disclosed that a friend of Evans told an NYPD detective in February that Evans agreed to perform oral sex on Weinstein in exchange for the promise of an "acting job."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harvey-weinstein-district-attorney-drops-part-of-sex-assault-case-lucia-evans-lawyer/

So because of some anonymous letter the prosecution is now all of a sudden gonna drop a serious charge against Weinstein made by an actual person?

Like you said earlier, you can't be indicted if you're not charged.
And it seems that the prosecutor's refusal to charge Mr.Weinstein is based on simply

receiving a statement that contradicts his accuser.

My question is, did they use that SAME standard with Mr. Cosby and his accusers?

@Pioneer1 most of the people agree that the woman blew Harvey for a job.  This is based upon conflicting statement she provided.

But don't worry, Harvey is still in a world of trouble there are still two other victims with credible cases.

Still if you want to compare Cosby to Harvey; Cosby had many more accusers and he is only doing time for one.  Harvey had fewer accusers and he may do time for two.  Seems like Cosby was treated with the kids gloves relatively speaking.  

• 2 weeks later...

Is the case against Harvey Weinstein unraveling?

By Elizabeth Joseph, CNN

Updated 5:29 AM ET, Sun October 21, 2018

harvey weinstein 2

New York (CNN)Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced movie mogul whose alleged sexual assaults sparked the international #MeToo movement, may be sentenced to a lifetime of shame and ridicule. Legal experts, however, now indicate he may never see the inside of a jail, let alone go to trial to face his accusers.

The case against Weinstein is "unraveling," high profile defense attorney and CNN legal analyst Mark Geragos says, citing the infighting between the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and the New York Police Department as one of the main reasons he believes the Weinstein case won't go to trial.

The injustice of this case when compared to Cosby's case is as plain as day....................

7 hours ago, Delano said:

Can someone post Harvey's rap sheet

According to BBC.Com - 5 October 2017 “The New York Times publishes a story detailing decades of allegations of sexual harrassment against Harvey Weinstein. Actresses Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd are among women who come foward. ...Weinstein apologizes and takea a leave of absence”

a lot more stuff

then on 25 May 2018

“Weinstein turns himself in to NY Police on sexual misconduct charges.” 

Police charge him with rape and several other counts of sexual abuse against two women.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41594672 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Delano said:

So perhaps within 13 years HW will be in jail. 

And it could be anywhere in the world -since he has the UK after him too.  I think there's a civil suit pending there against him.  I'm not familiar with U.K legal system though. It does seem they're moving faster than here in the U.S.  

Sylvester Stallone will NOT be charged over 1990 rape after the DA rejected the case when two witnesses contradicted his accusers story

Image result for sylvester stallone

"Sylvester Stallone will not face rape charges stemming from an alleged encounter in 1990 after two witnesses contradicted claims made by an unnamed woman.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has determined that there is insufficient evidence to arrest the Rocky star, TMZ reported.

Last December, an unnamed woman alleged that Stallone raped her 28 years ago. The actor has denied the claims.

Prosecutors said that no witnesses were able to corroborate the woman's claims against Stallone.

The woman filed a report last year with Santa Monica police about the incident which she says occurred during a 1990 meeting at Stallone's office.

Although the 10-year statute of limitations has expired, authorities investigated her claim."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6335617/Sylvester-Stallone-NOT-charged-1990-rape-two-witnesses-contradicted-womans-story.html

:huh: 10-year statute of limitations???????

Wasn't Bill Cosby CONVICTED and IMPRISONED over crimes he allegedly committed DECADES ago???????

And wasn't Bill Cosby CONVICTED and IMPRISONED based on the alleged victims' testimonies alone and without witnesses?????

Neely Fuller said:
~If you DO NOT understand white supremacy......what it is.....and how it works.....everything else you understand will ONLY confuse you.~

Despite the questions I raised, I'm not suprised by these decisions NOR am I confused by them.

Why not?

Because I UNDERSTAND.

Yeah like the gangstervwho hands out turkeys during the holidays in the hood. 

People are complex. The documentary cosby produced was in a word, great. The Cosby Show, donations to HBCU, great and great -- and I don't like to throw the word great around loosely.

But the man also had a dark side.

Stallone contributions to society pale in comparion (as far as i know).

Cosby was a great humanitarian and a degenerate.

• Like 1

Cosby's wife, Camille, had a lot to do with his financial support for HBCUs.  She was instrumental in his donating a million dollars to Fisk university, for instance.  As soon as the scandals about him came out, these schools dropped their affiliation with him like a hot potato and it was rumored that this was because they had their own stories to tell about his indiscretions but kept quiet about it.  

Well it was Bill's money.  But we will never know the true depths of Cosby's depravity. 

If, as you imply, that the Fisk, Spelman, and others helped keep Bill's wickedness hidden in exchange for contributions, that is horrible.  The HBCUs may have dropped Bill like a "hot potato," but let me know which ones returned any of the money he gave them.

Does anyone think Black folks are worse off or better off, all things considered because of Bill Cosby?

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Does anyone think Black folks are worse off or better off, all things considered because of Bill Cosby?

Bill Cosby's downfall is a cautionary tale that provided a teachable moment. He lost points with black folks because he criticized their underclasses and, to white people, he was really just a negro who made them laugh.  He was afflicted with blind power and the arrogance that is its side effect.  Although his good deeds didn't neutralize his bad ones, I'd say black folks are better off because not only did they benefit from his philanthropy but, when faced with the choice of making a moral judgment about one of their own, they eventually went "high" instead of "low".  Truth is as valuable as money and Cosby was instrumental in the results of both of them. 

The focus shouldn't be on how heinous Bill Cosby's crimes were, because we all know and agree that they were.
And he's being punished for them.

The focus and argument should be over why the Caucasian men who are being accused of EVEN WORSE crimes aren't.

Again, Harvey Weinstein can be HEARD ON TAPE trying to sexually assault a woman and hold her against her will yet the prosecutors can't seem to find enough evidence to charge him?????

I suppose it would be rather hard to find something you aren't looking for in the first place.

Them getting away with it isn't puzzling.
That's business as usual.

But the fact that so many AfroAmericans STILL don't notice, let alone care to entertain the idea that there's a clear and blaring injustice is what's puzzling.

I saw an article today on CNN claiming that Trump was making "racism boring again".

But when has racism ever been "boring"?
Inhumane.
Outrageous.
Deadly.
Insidious.

But "boring"????

Something to yawn at and overlook???

Have our people gotten so jaded and worn down to the point that when we see racism and other forms of injustice we are no longer even disturbed by it?

Has injustice been "normalized" now to the point of acceptablity?

On 11/4/2018 at 10:03 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I saw an article today on CNN claiming that Trump was making "racism boring again".

That is just white folks talking amoungst themselves. 

@Mel Hopkins, i missed you post about Bill sacrificing himself for Camille. That seems highly unlikely to me; why do you think that?

17 hours ago, Troy said:

i missed you post about Bill sacrificing himself for Camille. That seems highly unlikely to me; why do you think that?

@Troy  I read in one of the publications (daily news, NYPost,  NYT) that Harvey Weinstein contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars (through his lawyer) to various campaigns of the NY DA, Cuomo and some others  that could assist him with his sex assault charges to disappear.    If Bill did that he probably has a lot more folks to pay (not just the woman he paid off) and with a lot more money - and still end up in jail but Camille would be left penniless.  It's all speculation but that's why I think he fell on his sword - to take care of Camille. 

Just now, Troy said:

Fingers cross for Abrams!

I will no longer say (in my tone-deaf way) "why didn't those folks vote"...  Thanks to social media and all the attention on Stacey Abrams - I now know why black people can't get their numbers up at the polls.  These m-fers  engage in much f-ckery here especially if it means keeping black people from voting.  

Seriously. I see it up close now. 

I live in a mixed neighborhood - and my county is heavily blue laced with old money; So we got what we need here... I voted early and with no problem BUT go to low income socioeconomic neighborhoods where black people live - and there's a lot of bs going on at the polls.

In one precinct there was 3 voting machines for district that most likely has tens of thousands residents.   I'm disgusted but my eyes are open.  

Also, I get the sense that a lot of people don't read the referendums but usually they benefit the rich.   There's one referendum on the ballot asking for tax breaks for land owners who allow their buildings to be used for nonprofit organizations who house the mentally ill. Stacey Abrams endorsed this referendum , So, what could possibly go wrong?  

I'll tell you what can go wrong  - There's a new york city judge that just ruled that a building owner doesn't have to give leases to tenants that were formally homeless and lived in the building on a program that was run buy a nonprofit organizations that shut down in 2015...

Except the tenants did what the nonprofit program set out to do - empower the program's recipients.  They actually started to pay the rent on their own.  Yep - they were able to get on their feet because they actually had a roof over their head. Now this dude - is no longer getting the tax break that NYC put in place - so he's kicking them to the curb.   It's heartbreaking.

By the way, I voted "no" on that referendum.  If you're blessed to  own the building - pay the property taxes period.

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Cynique said:

I just heard on TV that Bill Cosby said that he's finding being in prison not so bad, and that is an interesting experience - or something to that effect.

Man! Well, he might feel he must say this due to him being thrown in with the General population. He has to become a part of that environment and for him to say that he did not like it, might not be good for him. 

He has to take orders from the prison guards and such. 

This is so surreal.

Seems like Cosby considers himself a political prisoner and has compared himself to Martin Luther King, who was once jailed for his civil disobedience.  There is apparently an interview out there somewhere where he talks about his incarceration.  He is embracing the role of a martyr who white America is making an example of, and a lot of black folks, especially male ones, are buying into this.  He may yet reverse the tide and clean up his legacy.  Nothing surprises me any more.  His sympathizers can  take solace from how Harvey Weinstein, CBS CEO Les Mooves, and certain other accused white celebs may escape jail but will never clear their names.

• Like 1