Black Speculative Fiction Month!

Milton

It's Black Speculative Fiction Month! This month we celebrate the Black Fantastic by supporting our creators and their events throughout the Diaspora! If you've never read a Sword and Soul, Steamfunk, Afrotuturism, Africanfuturism, African Fantasy, Science Fiction, Paranormal, Urban Fantasty, Horror book or graphic novel by a Black author, this is your month. I encourage all my friends to read, support an author by writing a review, attend a Black Speculative Fiction event, share a book, event, and/or an author with friends. This is our month, so let's celebrate!

Black speculative month.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Milton, I'll looking for more titles to highlight in the  "Top 10" lists I'm compiling.  You mentioned the following categories:

You or anyone is welcome to post prospective titles for the lists.

Also, share some of your Horor titles on the Lipstick Alley book forum where there was recent conversation on horror books.  I posted about Sumiko Saulson, you'll find some additional potential readers there.

Happy Black Speculative Fiction Month!

• Like 1

"Valjeanne Jeffers is a literary chef. She has taken three ingredients, steampunk, horror, and alternate history, blended them together and created a scrumptious main course of thrills, excitement, and suspense. In her latest offering, Mona Livelong: Paranormal Detective, prominent men of color have been murdered in the city of Monterrey. Because these crimes bear a taint of the supernatural, Mona's services are enlisted. Besides possessing vast knowledge of all things paranormal-related, Mona is also a gifted sorceress. Aided by her on again off again lover and possibly the coolest, hippest ghost in the spirit world, Mona attempts to track down a killer, while uncovering a dangerous conspiracy."

A serial killer is snuffing out the lives of affluent people of color in Monterrey, North America. Hard-boiled, homicide detectives Curtis Dubois and Harold Lowe are assigned to the case. But when they realize that the killer may not be human, Mona Livelong, a young paranormal detective, is brought in to help solve the case. As Mona races to unravel the clues to save Monterrey, she finds herself caught up in a terrifying plot to change the very face of North America.

Cover Art and Design by Quinton Veal.

#Horror #Steamfunk #Afrofuturism

www.vjeffersandqveal.com

Mona Livelong I.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Troy, here are the ISBNs for Immortal II and III:

Immortal II: The Time of Legend 

• ISBN-10: 1441468064
  • ISBN-13: 978-1441468062

Immortal: Stealer of Souls

• ISBN-10: 9781484811764
  • ISBN-13: 978-1484811764
  • ASIN: 1484811763

There are the ISBNs for Mona Livelong I and II

Mona Livelong: Paranormal Detective

The Case of the Angry Ghost

• ISBN-10: 1493591002
  • ISBN-13: 978-1493591008

Mona Livelong: Paranormal Detective II

The Case of the Powerless Witch

• ISBN-10: 9781540324375
  • ISBN-13: 978-1540324375
  • ASIN: 1540324370

Here's Scierogenous II: An Anthology of Erotic Science Fiction and Fantasy

• ISBN-10: 9781727246988
  • ISBN-13: 978-1727246988
  • ASIN: 1727246985

The cover artist for all my novels and anthologies (except Immortal I &II) is Quinton Veal :) Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

@Milton I used your quote in the newsletter I'm mailing in the morning. Yeah I know it is November.. but I've been busy 🙂

At any rate I've categories most of the book I have on AALBC using the BISAC codes and hyper linked your message as shown below:

“It's Black Speculative Fiction Month! This month we celebrate the Black Fantastic by supporting our creators and their events throughout the Diaspora! If you've never read a Sword and Soul, Steamfunk, Afrofuturism, Africanfuturism, African Fantasy, Science Fiction, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Horror book or graphic novel by a Black author, this is your month. I encourage all my friends to read, support an author by writing a review, attend a Black Speculative Fiction event, share a book, event, and/or an author with friends. This is our month, so let's celebrate!” 
Milton J. Davis

There are over 4,600 BISAC codes defined (yes I counted them).  I would you believe there are no categories for Afrofuturism, Sword and Soul, or anything African (the list of codes is American centric).

I've taken to creating my own codes so that I can categorie these books and make them easier for readers to find.

The challenge for authors is discovery. The lack of stores, websites, magazines, media coverage, make the discover of book very challenging today.  I most people I talk to have ever heard of N.K. Jemison.  

@Valjeanne Jeffers, I believe I have all your books (physical) on the site: https://aalbc.com/authors/author.php?author_name=Valjeanne+Jeffers

• Like 1