America, 2018

Kanye West's performance in the oval room of the white house, just leaves me shaking my head.  The oval office has become a platform for an insane buffoon and there's nothing left for me to do but  promote ridicule.

• Like 1

This is the very definition of a media circus.  Again the media are as responsible for use giving a shit about what a Kanye West has to say.  I listened to this video, for the first time, as I posted it.  The entire white house is an unscripted reality TV show.

Kanye said he was as smart as Tesla.  That is difficult to see based upon his behavior and words. Kanye said Trump is a "master or industry."  Kanye clearly has no knowledge of 45's business dealings.

It was just weird and sad seeing Jim Brown sitting there, presumably co-signing every crazy thing coming out of Kanye's month.  It is not clear to me how Jim or the people he is advocating for benefits from kissing 45's butt.

@Cynique, unfortunately I could not find the humor in the video you posted -- maybe the situation is too sad.

@Troy Why wouldn't the media televise this meeting between the President and a loose cannon Rapper?  It is sensational news as well as historic in scope.  And  just like Trump is Putin's bitch, Kanye is Trump's bitch. I referred to the meme as "ridicule", not "humor".  And ridicule is the only weapon left for those without power.  Jim Brown, for all of his history of being militant, apparently couldn't resist hobnobbing with  a President.  A sad commentary on someone who represented himself  as the epitome of a strong black man.    

@Cynique of course the media will cover this bullshit... that is what they do. This is quite lucrative for them. 

I always said, all of the media attention given to trump help put him in the whitehouse. 

So now we are all talking about Kanye's ramblings when more substantive and important conversations are not covered or perhaps not even being had.

I guess I'm tried of Black icons being destroyed (Jim Brown, Cosby -- even tavis smiley) and people like Kanye being elevated.

4 hours ago, Troy said:

So now we are all talking about Kanye's ramblings when more substantive and important conversations are not covered or perhaps not even being had.

That's not true.  Kanye was just one of the  topics of the day both on social media and the talk show circuit. He is, in fact,  already yesterday's news, with the general conclusion being that he is a mentally-disturbed disgrace to his race. Did the media make more money by televising Kanye's  white house visit?   Lots of people, like me, didn't bother to watch it live, but just saw snippets of it on their local evening news.

4 hours ago, Troy said:

I always said, all of the media attention given to trump help put him in the white house. 

No more than the flawed electoral college sham, which cancelled out the popular vote.  

@Cynique, as someone who actively ignores the popular media i can tell you kanye's visit got a ton of attention. It is for this reason he has such a huge platform and is why his words really matter.

If kanye were talking sense, he would not get nearly as much attention from the media, nor would he have invited to the white house. 

Because of this, the media do Black people a disservice.

The electoral college is what it is, it got Obama into the white house too. The media gave trump a superior and undeserved platform and we are all paying the price now.

27 minutes ago, Troy said:

as someone who actively ignores the popular media i can tell you kanye's visit got a ton of attention. It is for this reason he has such a huge platform and is why his words really matter.

If kanye were talking sense, he would not get nearly as much attention from the media, nor would he have invited to the white house. 

Because of this, the media do Black people a disservice

@TroyWho said Kanye's visit didn't get a lot attention??  i said it deserved a lot of attention. Why should it be repressed because "it does black people a disservice"?  Does truth and reality ever enter your frame of thought when you bitch about the media??  After all,  one of its tenets is to "shine the light in dark places". The media's constant focus on Donald Trump's every move does Republicans a disservice. So what?  In exposing Trump for the fool that he is, the media is doing the Democrats a favor.  It all balances out.  Put what's going on  in the world out there and let people decide for themselves what they think is credible.  Isn't that your approach?   

36 minutes ago, Delano said:

Why is Kanye interesting to  you but not Kaepernick 

@Delano  Maybe because Kanye's is a lot easier to criticize and dismiss than Kaepernick. Kanye supposedly wanted Kaepernick to come with him to the white house.  Apparently Kaepernick refused, perhaps not wanting to be manipulated by either Kanye or Trump.   An old, and seemingly out of it, Jim Brown silently sitting there with a cane, witnessing it all, was as pathetic as Kanye.  

2 hours ago, Delano said:

Why is Kanye interesting to  you but not Kaepernick

@Delano, your question is based upon a false assumption. I think they are bith interestion otherwise i would nit engage in conversation about them. Kaepernick however strikes me as earnest. He is a positive influence while Kayne is an embarrassment.

Kanye does have the benefit of being more independent, while Colin was dependent upon the NFL for his platform.

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

Does truth and reality ever enter your frame of thought when you bitch about the media?? 

Of course it does, and the is exactly why i bitching. Kayne is a distortion of the truth, he gets too much attention. Trumpers running around using kaynes ramblings to justify their racism. See YOU may think the media is "...exposing Trump for the fool that he is..." when this is clearly not the case as the nan the the freaking POTUS!

To be clear @Cynique I wrote:

3 hours ago, Troy said:

My statement has nothing to do with Republicans.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

See YOU may think the media is "...exposing Trump for the fool that he is..." when this is clearly not the case as the nan the the freaking POTUS!

There is nothing 'clearly" clear about this sentence but i repeat, Donald Trump is the laughing stock of the world and so is America for electing him POTUS.  You may consider this irrelevant, but i don't.  

3 hours ago, Troy said:
7 hours ago, Troy said:

My statement has nothing to do with Republicans.

But it has something to with "disservice", and my point was that anything that is  pictured in a bad light by the media  can be considered a disservice by whomever it targets. That doesn't mean that  facts are better left unsaid. i don't think what Kanye says is taken seriously enough for detractors to use his words against black people.  Everybody knows  he's  a nut-case.  

• Like 1

Again @Cynique you are allowing what you think to cloud your judgement.  While you and I might think 45 and West are laughing stocks.  Many in this country do not.

It is for this reason the Republicans will likely retain control of the Senate and have a good chance to retain control of the House.  Check out some right wing radio for 30 minutes and you'll see what I mean. 

Not everyone thinks Kanye West is a nutcase.  Some believe his is indeed a genius, establishing a relationship with the most powerful politician on Earth to increase his own wealth.

9 minutes ago, Cynique said:

That doesn't mean that  facts are better left unsaid.

Facts?  Much of what Kanye said was nonsense.  Just because Kanye has lunch with the president does not mean we need to hear his 25-minute nonsensical rant.  How is the pubic served by this?  What did we learn? 

45 benefited from this publicity more than anyone else.  Again, the media is being manipulated by 45, and as a result many of us (not you of course) are being manipulated as well.

41 minutes ago, Troy said:

Facts?  Much of what Kanye said was nonsense.  Just because Kanye has lunch with the president does not mean we need to hear his 25-minute nonsensical rant.  How is the pubic served by this?  What did we learn? 

45 benefited from this publicity more than anyone else.  Again, the media is being manipulated by 45, and as a result many of us (not you of course) are being manipulated as well.

Televising the meeting was an exercise in immediate actuality; live TV at its best,  as opposed to edited reporting about it later.  How did 45 benefit from this farce? It was an embarrassment for him in that it exposed the insanity of a black person who supports him. Kanye was rambling, not saying anything that  would impress Trump's base.

Again, I suggest that you check out some conservative radio.  If you still own a radio go to the AM dial between the religious programming, sports, and news, you'll find plenty of conservative people praising Trump -- but don't listen too long you might get converted LOL!

15 hours ago, Troy said:

Again, I suggest that you check out some conservative radio.  If you still own a radio go to the AM dial between the religious programming, sports, and news, you'll find plenty of conservative people praising Trump -- but don't listen too long you might get converted LOL!

I am certainly not unaware of how many people approve of Trump. He represents a certain type of American that is very wide spread in this country and they are known as Republicans! They are who helped put him in office and their mouth piece is Fox News. Worse yet,  they are not going to be that easy to vote out.  That's why Liberal and Progressive Democrats are depressed and full of anxiety.   

Well there is indeed cause for concern.  Liberals are like sheep who are easily led to a slaughter -- "...surely my fellow man can't possibly be this evil!?  What harm could possibly come to me?"

I believe the fundamental difference between the left and right are genetic.  Some people are predisposed to be conquered and others are more predisposed to be conquered.  The right gets off on raping, pillaging, and plundering.  I'm totally serious.  This is one of the reason they love weapons. 

A few hundred years from now people be learning about "45" and what a great leader he was.  Sure these people may be living in some dystopian mad-max like future. But history has a tendency to repeat. 

The sad part is, unlike most of the people in the past, we have access to history.  We are just too greedy and stupid to learn from it.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, Cynique said:

Kanye West's performance in the oval room of the white house, just leaves me shaking my head.  The oval office has become a platform for an insane buffoon and there's nothing left for me to do but  promote ridicule.

I just saw a clip in another thread, and Don Lennon said that Kanye's mother is rolling over in her grave. I think so too.

Troy

In defense of Liberals, like myself.......

Franklin Delano (not our Delano...lol) Roosevelt was a good example of a liberal who COULDN'T be conquered.

He pushed through nearly everything he wanted and held office longer than any President before him or since.

This is why he was my favorite President.....so far.