Genius and Inspiration

Are geniuses mystics? Is genius inspiration apllied to a problem, where the field can be science art or discourse. 

Einstein said imagination is more important than knowledge. The theory of relativity was a result of a dream that he had. 

Mozart stated his compositions were akin to dictation. 

What place does the daemon, the inner voice or inspiration have in the creative process. 

I'm no expert but from my limited understanding I think you have two major types of genuses ("genii"???)......

One type is biological.
They're simply someone who was blessed to have an exceptionally high IQ or level of intelligence. Meaning they can comprehend more and remember more than the average person.

The other type is mystical.
They seem to have a spirit or group of spirits who are directly assisting them in knowing or accomplishing far more than the average person.

The dictionary definition of genius is: exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability.  So what more can be said on the subject?  Certainly imagination is a major factor in the psyche of a genius.  Dreams are subconscious mind activity and the subconscious harbors the imagination.  A genius is obviously an extraordinary intuitive or intellectual person.  There is no reason to doubt or challenge  what Einstein and Mozart say about their inspiration. 

i think we all have the potential to be geniuses.  It's a matter of tapping into a certain area of our brain,  the organ which we don't use to its full capacity.  

• Thanks 1

The book i am reading states genius sees beyond what the average or even above average sees. 

Time/Space is a genius move. Creating Calculus is a genius move. 

Also I believe inspiration is necessary for genius. It provides the bridge to go from the unknown to the known. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Del

Where would you place Einstein.

I haven't met Einstein personally to assess him accurately, but from what I've seen and heard of him he seems to be more of a BIOLOGICAL type of genius.
Just an average person with a very high intellect; but probably with no supernatural spiritual qualities beyond the average person.

Jay Z or Michael Jackson would be more like a MYSTICAL GENIUS with the ability to exhibit strong creative tendencies that can't be explained by intellectual abilities.  Infact, most exceptionally good rappers and musicians are mystical geniuses.

As smart as Einstein was he couldn't move a crowd of people Black or White like Prince or Whitney Houston could, lol......that's a spiritual gift.

Also I believe inspiration is necessary for genius. It provides the bridge to go from the unknown to the known.

That "unknown" that you speak of is often called the "superconscious".

I believe we are all geniuses in one way or another. Sometimes it is a matter of luck whether one's genius is discovered and also valuable. There are people who are "super recognizers" meaning they can see a face once and always remember it. These people are highlightly sort after by police departments, many super recognizers do not realize they are genius at this particular skill -- assuming that everyone was like them.

Being genius at putting a inflated ball through a hoop, 10 feet off the ground, is a very valuable skill today but completely useless for most of humanity's time on Earth.

Einstein was both smart and inspired. As a theoretician he had to be really good at math but it was his thinking out the box really set him apart allowing him literally rewrite the laws of physics by intuiting the warpage of space/time -- something that escaped another genius, Newton.  

• Like 3

The notion that all we know, all that we can know, and even all that is knowable is locked into the gray matter between our ears seems unlikely.  The majority of the "stuff" that is in outer space scientists have no clue what it is made up of.  I suspect the same is true of consciousness. 

But I don't know perhaps it is just wishful thinking.