Hey Indie Author! How can I get your book?

28 minutes ago, Troy said:

🙂 (I can't help but think of Cynique when my typos are exposed she was a stickler on that). 

Hahaha! Get it together, @Troy ! But quiet as kept, I always go back and edit my comments for the same reason! 😄

29 minutes ago, Troy said:

So I'm afraid giving authors an easy way to create ebook that can't be sold on Amazon is not an alternative....

Agreed! But you can see how enticing it must be.  Amazon always provides the Easy Button.  So, we independent authors/self-publishers must include an “Easy Button” in our sales repertoire.

Now what would that “Easy Button” look like - is the question we need to answer and act on.

15 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Now what would that “Easy Button” look like - is the question we need to answer and act on.

That is what I have to figure out before I can sell eBooks -- even if it means few authors will take advantage of the option and fewer readers will purchase these types of ebooks.

There many authors, usually the selfhelp type, who seem to do well selling their own ebooks. I'll look into what technology the are using nowadays.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/15/2019 at 1:22 PM, Milton said:

My books are available from my website

@Milton  I apologize if this a duplicate message. Would you edit your message to include your website link? I've noticed including your website link to your store is like adding an #easybutton.   Thank you.

On 9/25/2019 at 8:39 AM, Troy said:

That is what I have to figure out before I can sell eBooks -- even if it means few authors will take advantage of the option and fewer readers will purchase these types of ebooks.

@Troy , here's more information on the widely read ePub format.   Dropbox dot com launched an ePub viewer.  I formatted one of my short stories in ePub format and sent the link to my dropbox and I could read it!

Edited by Mel Hopkins
added more content

• 10 months later...

I found another "write 'em and forget 'em" author who signed with a Big 5 publisher and thought it meant the publisher would put in the work to sell his book. Signing with the Big 5 means you're going to get superior distribution - and better access to awards - BUT it doesn't mean they will sell and market your book. I was so disappointed to learn the book was out of print - mostly since the protagonist was a Black woman FBI agent taking on a case that was far beyond her reach.  This book was optioned for a screenplay by none other than Angela Bassett and Courtney Vance! I did reach out to the author on Twitter, and he said he would sell me a copy. Now he's Ghost. Please, please indy and traditionally published writers - handled your marketing and sales. The Bottom line: It's up to you to make your book a success!