Black Lies Matter?

Fake news? or is the whistle blower to be believed?  Troy should certainly feel vindicated, when it comes to the question of the media enabling mischief.  I've never  cared for Dr. Phil and his phony "down home folksy persona".  

https://www.essence.com/news/nina-richards-sister-of-dr-phil-guest-who-hates-being-black-shes-fake-just-a-disgusting-attempt-to-become-a-meme?fbclid=IwAR07FiX1L8IGJne65tc8rFHQUyE_lyCmxpD0k_p4s_BmfCdfuoP12e3xI9g

• Thanks 1

@Cynique I just read the other post on this Black woman' story.  Of course it comes as no surprise to me that this farce could be completely contrived. But I'm not about to gloat over being vindicated.  That would be like gloating over my taking @Delano and @Kalexander2's money because 45 make it to the end of the year.  It would be like gloating over being right about climate change. 

All the media's attention on this young lady is a sad use of valuable resources -- unfortunately utilizing journalists to cover this stuff is very lucrative, so it will only get worse. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just like the Roseanne Show (or now The Conners) .........
Dr Phil is just another attempt at conditioning of the American people of all backgrounds to normalize and standardize working class white culture and a subtle attempt to legitimize White male intolerance.

This has been going on since "All In The Family" back in the 70s.

In Dr. Phil, here you have a big Caucasian man with a strong southern drawl who often prides himself in being a "straight talker" and "tough lover" and at the end of the day he apparently knows how to "solve" everyone's problems.

No matter what the subject of these shows are, the MAIN and constant theme is that being "politically correct" is the enemy and the big rude White man is really the "good guy".  So when you see big White men being rude and politically incorrect (i.e. unapologetically racist) then instead of being repulsed by it you accept it as someone being "down home" or sincere and endearing.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 5:58 PM, Cynique said:

I've never  cared for Dr. Phil and his phony "down home folksy persona".  

@Cynique Ditto!

Well, I believe that his 'researchers', as usual, are to make sure this kind of situation would not backfire, but apparently, they just did not care, perhaps explited this family because they wanted ratings. The older sister was not given the information, by the family, to exclude her, but it should not have went that way. 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:39 AM, Troy said:

All the media's attention on this young lady is a sad use of valuable resources

@Troy I agree, however, Dr Phil wanted to exploit this family and to make it 'go viral' and he is supposed to be a professional, not some average citizen posting this on facebook. This story is just not important enough to 'go viral' in my opinion, so, they called Dr. PHil . . . and he felt the need to help this story get out there . . .  

Yes, I too believe that it will only get worse. 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:05 PM, Pioneer1 said:

In Dr. Phil, here you have a big Caucasian man with a strong southern drawl who often prides himself in being a "straight talker" and "tough lover" and at the end of the day he apparently knows how to "solve" everyone's problems.

Wasn't Dr. PHil sponsored by Oprah? I vaguely remember years back, that he would come on her show periodically before he had his on show. I suppose Oprah heard about him in that he was really good, but, I eventually became tired of watching talk shows, and avoided them like the plague. 

Chev

and he felt the need to help this story get out there

Exactly.

Which is why I keep asking what were his REAL intentions for putting this out.
It seems that he had an ulterior motive beyond simply trying to help this young lady.

I eventually became tired of watching talk shows, and avoided them like the plague.

You probably had better things to do with your time.....like WORK for a living, lol.

When you see shows like Jerry Springer, Maury Povich, and some of these other goofy shows that come on in the day time.....they aren't aimed at productive people who are out making a living for themseves. They are mostly aimed at unemployed people with low intelligence who are already easily influenced and are basically sitting around at home all day with little else to do but be "entertained".

But the damage shows like this are actually doing to communities are long lasting.

Jerry Springer and Maury Povich both host racist talk shows that feature the worst in AfroAmerican society.
Jerry Springer promotes the image of AfroAmericans (especially women) fighting and being violent toward eachother and Maury Povich promotes the image of AfroAmerican men and women being sexually immoral and denying responsibilities to their children and families.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:53 PM, Pioneer1 said:

But the damage shows like this are actually doing to communities are long lasting.

@Pioneer1 I agree. 

On 11/4/2018 at 5:53 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Jerry Springer and Maury Povich both host racist talk shows that feature the worst in AfroAmerican society.
Jerry Springer promotes the image of AfroAmericans (especially women) fighting and being violent toward eachother and Maury Povich promotes the image of AfroAmerican men and women being sexually immoral and denying responsibilities to their children and families.

And yet, these shows ran for a long time and then other shows were also produced. Go figure.

Jerry Springer and Maury Povich do not limit their "guests" to ghetto black people.  They also "showcase" Hispanics and rural, red neck trailer park trash white people.  Springer and Povich exploit all lower-class ethnics.  Doing so is what passes for entertainment because these shows have no redeeming value.  I don't think anybody takes them seriously any more.