I Knew She Was Black.............

North Carolina mom whose son, 1, was swept away in Florence floodwaters faces charges

A North Carolina mother faces charges after her 1-year-old son was swept away and drowned in Florence floodwaters last month, police announced Monday.

Dazia Ideah Lee, 20, was charged with involuntary manslaughter and driving on a closed or unopen highway, Union County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post.

Lee and her son, Kaiden Lee-Welch, were in a vehicle heading down North Carolina Highway 218 in New Salem in September when she drove around barricades and encountered floodwaters caused by Hurricane Florence.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/north-carolina-mom-whose-son-1-was-swept-away-in-florence-floodwaters-faces-charges/ar-BBP7zvd?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=TSHDHP

:mellow:Intuitively, as soon as I saw this story I knew the mother was an AfroAmerican even before I did the research to find out.

Because of her seeming reckless behavior?

No

Because of her name?

No

But because of how disgraceful and wicked she's being treated.

How many White women are CHARGED with a crime after suffering the agony of losing their own children through accidents?

I read a few comments after this article, and some feel that this punishment was too harsh. Some say, that the public does not have all the details. But one of the most interesting comment, IMO, was the one that asked the question regarding the police and their decision to ignore a barricade and drive past it... as a result, two White Women in the back seat of the police car were killed due to the flooding in Hurricane Florence. Thesw women were supposed to be transported to another place for the mentally ill. The poster commented that, the police were not charged, and suggest the 'racial bias' in this situation. 

16 hours ago, Delano said:

It getting uglier out there. 

No my brother, it's not getting any uglier.

It's just as ugly as it HAS been.

It's just that the "mask" of civility is being removed so that you can see the TRUE ever-hideous face of anti-African racism.

Chev

When I first read this story those two officers who were in the van when that lady drowned was EXACTLY what I thought about in comparing this case to.
I believe the familiy of that lady is bringing civil action against either the officers who were transporting her or the department itself.....but no criminal action has been taken against them as far as I know.

When you're in a hurricane or a life threatening situation, you don't know WHAT the hell you would do!
People often times panic and do silly or reckless things that don't make sense to someone who isn't in that situation.
As if it's not enough that this girl lost her baby and must suffer from that constantly wondering "what if" she had done things differently; NOW apparently someone believes she should also be locked up and have her freedom taken away to add to her pain.

2 hours ago, Delano said:

an open white power attack on the upper east side is new. Note I said uglier not ugly.

Back in the late 80s and early 90s didn't you have mobs of Caucasian youth attacking and killing AfroAmericans for simply walking through their neighborhoods?

Yusuf Hawkins is one who comes to mind.

Del

You could argue that it's better to know what the deal is.

You know what......

Prior to the election of Trump I used to say that.
I used to believe that it was better for a racist person to be upfront and honest with their racism so that I can know how they feel and where they're coming from.
But a couple incidents that happened to me in the past as well as the election of Trump and how racists who formerly hid their racism and hatred are now feeling emboldened is starting to make me reconsider my position.

You can read about slavery and segregation for decades, but none of it brings out the emotions as does being called a "nigger" to your face.

Perhaps it would be better if we DID live in a more civil society where people kept their hatred and venom in check and to themselves, because when it's unleashed it seems to have an effect that influences others.

They say experience is the BEST teacher.

Despite all of my theories about how nice an open and honest society would be; I now see the importance and wisdom of public civility and of suppressing certain expressions.

I don't want to reside in a society where people are allowed to openly practice hatred and call for the mistreatment of others because once the "genie" is let out of the bottle......oh man.

Again.....experience is often a great teacher.
What sounds good or looks good on paper doesn't always pan out good in the real world.

Most of the time knowledge about the nature of a problem and fully accepting and understanding what you're up against is best because it's one of the key steps to actually solving the problem.

However if you have a problem that you are UNABLE or UNWILLING to do anything about, sometimes it actually may be better NOT to acknowledge it.

Perhaps the bliss of ignorance is better for you psychologically, if only to keep you happy until your demise.