The Facebook Dilemma examines the platform’s impact on privacy and democracy

The promise of Facebook was to create a more open and connected world. But from the company’s failure to protect millions of users’ data, to the proliferation of “fake news” and disinformation, mounting crises have raised the question: Is Facebook more harmful than helpful?

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/facebook-dilemma/

Frontline has engaged in some old fashioned investigative journalism. If you regularly use Facebook these videos should be required viewing.

I just watched the first episode and the things Facebook are knowingly doing exceeds my worse fears.  I will delete -- not just suspend -- but delete my account as a result of watching this.

"But from the company’s failure to protect millions of users’ data, to the proliferation of "fake news" and disinformation........"

How could it be considered "failure" when they never intended to do it in the first place.....lol.

Troy

I just watched the first episode and the things Facebook are knowingly doing exceeds my worse fears. I will delete -- not just suspend -- but delete my account as a result of watching this

I don't have an account with Facebook OR Twitter.

Actually I did have a facebook account but it's inactive.

I was using it for promotions similar to what you're doing but when I didn't get enough traffic I abandoned it.

I think it's strategic to use facebook for business purposes.
I've always said that if you're making money from it then go right ahead and becareful.

My issue is with people who just want to put all of their private information on it just to get attention or to gossip with nothing productive to offer or gain.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:53 PM, Pioneer1 said:

people who just want to put all of their private information on it just to get attention or to gossip with nothing productive to offer or gain.

This is who Facebook really makes most of the from.  The money facebook get from small businesses like mine is chump change, which is why we are not serviced very well.