Who or what is a Black Person

Technically everyone one on Earth is of African descent. 

I think Blackness is a matter of culture, how one self-identifies, and behaves as a result.  Like most things dealing with humans "Blackness" is distributed across a spectrum.  I've met a few so called "white" people who were "Blacker" than some Black people I know, because they were so strongly culturally Black.

I generally refrain from saying who is "Black" and who is not "Black." People are usually better at deciding this for themselves.  

• Like 1

Black is the erroneous English term used for members of the the African race.
Occasionally it's also used for members of the Dravidian race as well.

I think we need to be careful ascribing culture and cultural practices to race.

Or saying he or she "acts Black".

Don't get me wrong, I DO believe there are certain habits and characteristics that are more common to some races than others, however we should be very careful to distinguish RACE from ETHNICITY and not attribute certain patterns of behavior and speech common to CERTAIN GROUPS of Africans to the  ENTIRE race.

For example, I used to think that if you didn't like JODECI....lol....yo' ass wasn't Black!

There are probably over 2 billion African (or so-called Black) people around the world with hundreds of MARKEDLY different languages, diets, and other cultural habits.

Too often what people call "Black" culture or behavior are actually behavioral patters (often negative and self-destructive) that were developed by isolated groups of Africans as a consequence of being raised inside a racist anti-African society.

So-called "soul food" is a good example.
It's called "Black" food but actually it was only developed and primarily eaten by Africans in America.....not Africa.

Troy

A term is only erroneous if it's INACCURATE.

"Black" is erroneous because most people who are classified under that term aren't actually black but rather various shades of brown.

However, "African race" is NOT an erroneous term because it's correct to call those who either live on or are descended from the African continent "Africans" and "race" is merely a way of categorizing human populations.

Thus term "African race" is legitimate.

There....you have it. (smile).

Del

Unless Africa wasn't the birth place of people

I personally don't believe it was.

I believe Black people originally came out of the region now commonly known as the Indus Valley region and India where hundreds of millions of Black people STILL reside to this day.

I believe a portion of those people left and WENT into Africa but they weren't originally from there.

Again, these are just BELIEFS since I wasn't around to witness it for myself.

19 hours ago, Delano said:

huwomen

What is this word? I can't figure out what you are trying to say in the sentence it is used.

19 hours ago, Delano said:

indetify

I know what you were trying to spell here.

The missing punctuation and incomplete sentences do not really pose a problem for me either.  I'm not sure why you have decided to become the chief of the grammar police recently.

13 minutes ago, Troy said:

The missing punctuation and incomplete sentences do not really pose a problem for me either.  I'm not sure why you have decided to become the chief of the grammar police recently.

Lighten up Black. 

On 11/23/2018 at 11:39 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Too often what people call "Black" culture or behavior are actually behavioral patters (often negative and self-destructive) that were developed by isolated groups of Africans as a consequence of being raised inside a racist anti-African society.

Soul Music and Blues

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:05 AM, Cynique said:

Blackness and all of its representations is the opposite of white. Black and white are also adjectives that can be used to describe inanimate things; like black Friday and white Christmas.     

Related image

The man asked "WHO" is Black!

He's talking about PEOPLE.....not things/inanimate objects!

And you wonder why  so many people question your comprehension skills, lol.