Malcolm X Debates Evie Rich (1961) - This is Deep

20 minutes ago, Troy said:

Legal?  What is legal is purely arbitrary.  I was not legal for Black people to read in this country not very long ago.  

@Troy  yet you continue to express the legality of a 14 year old girl marrying... as if that makes it ok.  

BUT now legal is arbitrary when I say sex without consent is ILLEGAL?  

Be careful - what you value is on full display.  

And yes, because the majority of the electorate decided it was immoral to enslaved humans and deny them basic rights... the law was abolished.  

See how that works? When people are firm on what they value - we move closer to a society that values life, each other and all that exist.  

But sure, “there are fine people on both sides” ~trump

But make no mistake,  I know I’m publicly making a value statement.  I want everyone to know I believe it is disgusting to force children to engage in sex with adults or be forced to marry adults (in age only).   That behavior shows the adult is either mentally weak and unstable , or worse, a monster.  

5 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

But sure, “there are fine people on both sides” ~trump

Again Mel you are applying your world view onto me.  I never make any moral judgments.  The quote from Trump say explicitly that their were good white racist protesters.  I never made an analogous statement, you are doing that on my behalf then stating, without justification, that these values are on display for all to see.  Of course Del cosigning this perhaps gives you the impress it is correct.  

19 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Troy  yet you continue to express the legality of a 14 year old girl marrying... as if that makes it ok.  

Again, despite expressing an opinion to the counter, you continue to argue that the statement of a fact about a law means I agree with the law.  Despite saying that the law is arbitrary and citing an example of another arbitrary law that a reasonable person knew was bad -- even when it was enacted -- you still try to use it against me to push a world view I simply to not have. 

You are too biased to see me in this instance.  Again, it is like the people vilifying Kevin for making some jokes.  I'm sorry, you are wrong about me in this case.

7 minutes ago, Troy said:

Of course Del cosigning this perhaps gives you the impress it is correct.  

There are none so blind that cannot see... but condescending too?  I didn’t think it possible! 

Whatever, Troy.  I’m done.  

Just because you can’t see it - doesn’t mean it’s not on display. 

6 hours ago, Troy said:

On 12/16/2018 at 7:57 AM, Delano said:

And make you appear to lacking in empathy. 

I'm glad you wrote "appear." The statement otherwise, on its face, is in accurate and borderline offense from someone who knows me.

I am mentioning it because you are unaware. Although based on your comment you are not interested in addressing it. 

If I love you, I have to make you conscious of things, you don't see. - James Baldwin

Or should I not reference an openly gay Black Intellectual?

13 hours ago, Delano said:

Or should I not reference an openly gay Black Intellectual?

No i have that covered google james baldwin (you dont get on page #1 by accident)

14 hours ago, Delano said:

No you rationalised it

That is your false impression. Because i dont accept your reporting (the same person who asserts MLK was gay without evidence) and refuse to reject the entire Nation if Islam you call that rationalizing.

The reality is that i refuse to pass judgement on a incident i know virtually nothing about. 

On 12/16/2018 at 8:44 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Are we supposed to believe that women DO NOT like sex or want it?

@Pioneer1 LOL. I'm pretty sure the answer is yes for most, but not with any Tom, Dick or Harry. 

But in light of this thread, a virgin would not neceassarily know what 'sweet talking' could lead to.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:44 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Perhaps what you're calling a woman being tricked is REALLY a woman lowering her defenses for a man she actually finds attractive enough to sleep with.

yes that's it!-- But again, a virgin may not realize the outcome

22 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

But make no mistake,  I know I’m publicly making a value statement.  I want everyone to know I believe it is disgusting to force children to engage in sex with adults or be forced to marry adults (in age only).   That behavior shows the adult is either mentally weak and unstable , or worse, a monster.  

Yes!

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2018 at 10:32 AM, Troy said:

As far as sex, I think 18 is probably a bit young,

I do too!

I had to shut down my computer earlier because I suddenly had gotten sleepy and could not finish a thought. But I came back to this because it made me think.

I believe that 18 is okay for some, but it's still young enough NOT to understand the deeper ramifications of what the outcome of having sexual relationships can mean. For example, a girl at 18 -- fast forward 20 years later-- to 38 years old, could have had to spend the 20 years hovering over her child as a single mother. But a guy even at that age of 18 also, could end up on the Maury Povich Show with his MOm trying to protect him from being attacked for abandoning a young girl who charged that he left her 'holding the bag', and if the dna test proved he was the father, well, his paycheck becomes depleted for the next 18 years. 

"but if you can die for your country in a war then for heaven's sake you should be allowed to have sex and buy a drink in bar." 

Man! That is crazy!!! 

"I would say 30 is a good age to consider getting married today and it is what I would tell my daughters."

I dunno @Troy. In terms of 'women' have you thought about the Biological Clock' issue? The eggs? Some people think that a woman's eggs are stronger when they are younger than 30 and I think after 30, if a woman get pregnant for the first time, she has to undergo certain test for the possiblity of having a Down Syndrome birth which becomes a higher chance for this reason. I think some women start getting scared when they get close to 30 and have not had a child and then may look for potential fathers for their children. But that is another problematic subject IMO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chevdove said:

I believe that 18 is okay for some, 

I agree. Some peoplec are ready earlier and others are ready much later.

Sex at 18 is more recteational than expression of love. 

2 hours ago, Chevdove said:

I dunno @Troy. In terms of 'women' have you thought about the Biological Clock' issue? 

30 is still quite young I know a woman who a

Had her first child at 50. She has two children now. I know several other women who got started after 40.

But you know better than I @Chevdove. What age would you recommend?

My thinking also factors in having a mate selected, which means if you wanna start pushing babies out at 30 you need to be in a committed relationship by 28, 29.

@Troy Again, I did not finish the thought. I was rushing yesterday:

I think that 26-29 years old is a good age for women to start a family, and I also heard that if a woman has her first birth before the age of 30, then she can continue to give birth well after this age. But if a woman waits until after she is 30 to begin a family, the likelihood of giving birth to a Down Syndrome birth is higer.

But as you said, today, this has completely changed! 

Woman are giving birth to healty babies well into their 40s and even at the age of 50; although I am wondering if it also includes some that have 'test tube' babies. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 6:39 PM, Delano said:

@NubianFellow

@Troy

can you comment on this statement. 

Wow brother! Sorry so late with my response. Let me just say this... We need to have morals and expectations in our communities. Believing it's okay for a man to rape or molest children because he may have contributed something worthy to the black cause is a treasonous thing to believe. In the breath you say that, you saying F**k those black women he has taken advantage of... who have probably birthed children, that will certainly be affected by those kid's negative experiences as well... and the cycle continues. Now we have to deal with children who have been corrupted since before they were born because we accepted terrible, repugnant behavior which we were supposed to condemn.

We have to be careful of what we accept. We have to be careful that we don't support behavior that is not of us nor associated with who we truly are. Our ancestors beliefs never made it to America. They were stripped of these beliefs. You are practicing what other people believe and stories told from the perspectives of others.

Not to put down anyone's religion if anyone is Muslim or any other religion but I oppose all forms of religion. The Muslim religion is not ours and never was ours. The NOI was started by a white infiltrator who was working for the feds. We must not forget the history of these religions and how they have cursed our people and talked down to our people since their inception. Jesus was a cracker! He wasn't black. No matter how bad black people need to feel included in the whole religion nonsense that cleverly plays on our need to be accepted and serve something higher than ourselves.

I believe the biggest flaw that most of our black leaders have had was their religion. It kept us in line. It made slaves not run away. It kept slaves obedient to their so-called masters. Religion has fed us propaganda and lies for an extremely long period of time. And I believe that the intention of all religion was to control melanated people.

Even more interestingly, black people by percentage who worship these comic book gods believe in and teach this nonsense in a vast larger percentage than their counterparts. The belief rate is up past 90 percent for black people who at least believe in some form of religion. The percentage of white believers is down to less than 40 percent. I refuse to say that they are smarter than us because a lot of this is caused by social engineering, but we need to start waking up. It's so embarrassing for me to know that somewhere in some black church, a poor black family is giving away all their hard earned money to a god that doesn't exist so they can be blessed. And to prove their love for this god, they are flying around their church talking bout they have the holy ghost! Come again? My family's church was a prime example of this nonsense I was unfortunate enough to witness on too many Sundays!

Any man in the physical form, and I don't care if you believe he is almighty Jesus himself, deserves death if he touches any women with his religion as an excuse to rape or molest them. A believer shouldn't have to lower their moral standards to practice their religion, which should exhibit higher standards.

All gods have fallen short in matters with dealing with black people and that is not an opinion. It's a fact! And I keep hearing in defense of this nonsense that god has a plan. More b.s. Why would it take a god, master of the universe, hundreds of years to enact his "plan?"

All religion does one thing to black folk. It brainwashes us and compels us to conform. Though some may feel that it does good, that is only an illusion and the good it supposedly does is coincidence.

Of course, all pain feels like a burning sensation or fire. So it was pure genius to include in the stupid bible that if you don't follow it or accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior, then you will burn in hell for all of eternity. Sounds more foolish than some stupid films I saw but people don't surprise me because this has been practiced for at least thousands of years. Wow! People have a long way to go still.

I say this to the black man... "You are on your own and always have been, Black man."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NubianFellow said:

Not to put down anyone's religion...

And then he proceeds to eviscerate all religions LOL! 

While I don't follow a religion, I'm not so quick to condemn the practitioners. Life can be hard, indeed very hard, and if going to church gives some people comfort then good for them. It if gets them to be more charitable to their fellow woman even better.

Some people who get high every day.  I know folks like this, and it is not something I would ever do, but hey, if it gets them through another day, without killing someone else, then great.

Some people obsess over grown men playing kids games on a court or field. Others gossip about celebrities on social media. 

We all waste time, have vices, and do things that are not always our best for us, because it gets us through what might otherwise be a mundane or hard existence. As long as you are not hurting anyone else why should any of us care.  

I drink, eat rich foods, gamble, and fornicate. According to some I'm going to "hell." I believe were are in hell now, and heaven awaits us all when we transition.

• Like 2

@NubianFellow i add a hearty "Amen" to my fellow iconoclast's sermon.  Your views are a like breath of fresh air and they blow me away.  Of course what Troy says is credible. We all have our indulgences that help us get through this obstacle course called "Life",  but religious folks, in particular, always want to impose their views on others, while ignoring how small a role organized religion has played in making the world a better place. And your deconstruction of the patented black litany parroted by the diaspora is really on point, as is your debunking all the concocted interpretations about blacks being destined for a better fate in a better place.  Reality is a bitch. Others will challenge you and label your assertions as simply being "your" truth as opposed the credo they have adopted as "their" truth.  But nobody can deny that you are a bold free thinker, and your truth is what has set your mind free, leaving bible-thumpers in a state of denial as to why they are hurting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cynique said:

....ignoring how small a role organized religion has played in making the world a better place. 

Yeah, religion has had a huge negative inpact on the world. It was used to justify American slavery. Consider all the wars, inquistions, and then there is that bit about my damnation 🙂

But those days are largely over. most Europeans do not practice a religion. No one there is gonna go to battle over christianity 

It is only those nuts in the middle east who run around killing each other over religious differences. But even there the religious differences are used to minimalize the humanity of the people whose land they want to control.

Many here are more interested in the positive aspects that come from practicing a religion the fellowship and community it offers. The rituals and dogma are falling to the wayside. Fundamentalists who take the bible literary are largely viewed as nutty. Sure politicians play to these people, but most politicans are not righteous people.

@Delano and many atheists are great cooks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not a religious person in the traditional sense however I will say that as I've gotten older and more observant of our people, most of the problems African people worldwide face have less to do with their various religious affiliations and more to do with their level and orientation of thinking.

The various religions introduced to us from outside of our communities have merely EXACERBATED the problems of division and confusion that already existed as a result of the low intelligence and mental imbalance that had already existed among so many African peoples. 

And just like a powerful immune system would resist any germ or disease attempting to invade the body, it follows that a powerful intelligent correctly balanced mind would resist any attempts by the enemy to harm the community by introducing twisted religious ideology, drugs, sexual confusion, ect...

5 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano and many atheists are great cooks

Yes but i never see them at the bake sale after church. 

Yeah the US doesn't have ti worry about religion. Except for Covington Catholic High School, Mike Pense and his wife, and the Catholic Church's paedophile problem, and the Jehovah Witness' recent incest and sex scandal, allegedly. 

41 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

, it follows that a powerful intelligent correctly balanced mind would resist any attempts by the enemy to harm the community by introducing twisted religious ideology, drugs, sexual confusion, ect..

That may be true, but then there is money sex and or power. Elijah Muhammed would agree with you, not certain what his offspring would say or hus followers though. 

In 2019, taken as a whole, do you think individuals are better off without practicing a religion? 

If so what would you replace the thing that religion currently provides to people?

@Delano, sure you do.  There are many atheists attending Church and bake sales.  Don't you believe, for one second, that everyone in the Church is an adherent to the religion