Martin Luther King's sex life and his legacy

17 hours ago, Delano said:

Does MartinLuther King's extramarital affairs with both men and women have any bearing on his legacy.

Men???  Hummmm.   Black folks are magnanimously forgiving when it comes to their preachers.  I don't even know if not practicing what he preached applies to MLK because he never preached  about anything  other than racial harmony.  He wasn't really a sanctimonious or self-righteous leader. He was a flawed man who drank, smoked and womanized.  Moreover, he didn't seek a leadership role in the civil rights struggle. The role was thrust upon him and he  was equal to the task because he was a great orator, a good political strategist and very charismatic.   It has been said about him that he was at the right place at the right time during a revolution  whose moment had come.  But, quiet as it's kept, integration wasn't the cure-all for racism that King dreamed it would be.  His legacy is untarnished, however, in spite of his lapses because, in the final analysis, America didn't change him; he changed it.  

Here we go with more accusations and allegations revolving around sex.

First of all Del who told you MLK was having sex with men...or even other women for that matter?

What CREDIBLE sources did you get this information from?

The same organization led by a man who is a PROVEN liar and DOCUMENTED homosexual himself?

That's the only source I know of who orchestrated the tapes of King's alleged affair that he tried to use to blackmail King into killing himself.

Is THAT the source you're going to use Del?

What about Corretta his wife who stayed with him until the end?
Has SHE admitted that King had affairs with MEN and WOMEN and corroborated these allegations?

@Pioneer1 Del, hell. MLK's extra-curricula activities were circulating when he was alive.  I happened to have been around during King's era when all of the stories were current, and they did not totally emanate from  J. Edgar Hoover's report although it was fairly accurate, especially the part about King and Joan Baez, the famous white folk singer. But the most damning of all, was the book written after King's death by MLK's trusted right hand man, Ralph Abernathy, in which references were made to King's affairs, a book for which Abernathy took a lot of heat.  

As for Coretta, she was a faithful partner who relished her position as the wife of America's premiere black Moses and then widow of its martyred black Messiah, and she chose not to besmirch her husband who she undoubtedly loved.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 4:45 PM, Delano said:

Does MartinLuther King's extramarital affairs with both men and women have any bearing on his legacy.

What do you think @Delano

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

First of all Del who told you MLK was having sex with men...

@Pioneer1, De is not above using tabloids are reference material.  I never heard any, other than Del, say that MLK engaged in a honosexual affair.  @Delano where did you get this information?

6 hours ago, Delano said:

Honourable Elijah Muhammed. Who has 8-13 illegitimate children.

Del why disparage the innocent children by calling them "Illegitimate."  What does that mean? Again, I don't think you know enough about how they were brought into the world to be so judgemental. You don't even know how many children are involved throwing around ranges of  numbers all willy-nilly.  Why call the man "Honourable" when it is clear you have so much contempt for him. 

Do you know how many men and women make babies outside of wedlock? Do you run around calling all these people "Illegitimate?" 

1 hour ago, Troy said:
13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

First of all Del who told you MLK was having sex with men...

@Pioneer1, De is not above using tabloids are reference material.  I never heard any, other than Del, say that MLK engaged in a honosexual affair.  @Delano where did you get this information?

FBI allegations and audio tape. 

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Del why disparage the innocent children by calling them "Illegitimate."  What does that mean?

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Del why disparage the innocent children by calling them "Illegitimate." 

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/03/us/19-children-of-muslim-leader-battle-a-bank-for-5.7-million.html

1 hour ago, Troy said:
On 12/4/2018 at 8:45 AM, Delano said:

What do you think @Delano

No

You are right the CHILDREN  are innocent. 

That's a point by point answer. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Troy said:

Do you know how many men and women make babies outside of wedlock? Do you run around calling all these people "Illegitimate?" 

@Troy Good Point. 

I think this term 'Illegitimate' is thrown around to loosely without considering the plight of many people who happen to be born from situations beyond their own control, and this can unfairly put a dark cloud over someone who deserves a fair chance at life and opportunity.

Nevertheless, I understand what @Del is referring to regarding the conflict in the NOI that cause the organization to become divided. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Troy said:

Del why disparage the innocent children by calling them "Illegitimate." 

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/03/us/19-children-of-muslim-leader-battle-a-bank-for-5.7-million.html

WOW

This is interesting. Now, I am wondering about questions that could possibly be directed towards @Pioneer1. So now, the repercussions of the leader in his actions to have sex and father childrne from young girls is passed off onto the NOI community that supported their leader and turned a deaf ear to these relationships. So they supported their leader seemingly unconditionally OH BUT NOW, it seems that some of these supporters don't want the 'Illigitemate' children to have a reasonable compensation from their father's earning???

Why not? Why would certain NOI members dislike these offspring for expecting to have substantial support from their father's earning? Just by the mere fact that they could have endured harship from others as a result of being born from young girls should dictate that they each receive compensation for being the leader's child, IMO. 

So now, if the NOI community don't want the offspring of this leader to receive fair compensation for the trouble their father caused them to be exposed to due to his actions, then the community should have confronted their leader. Am I looking at this the wrong way? I wonder if I have gotten something right. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Troy said:

Del why disparage the innocent children by calling them "Illegitimate."  What does that mean?

Although "illegitimate" and "bastard" may be insensitive words, they are legal terms that apply to children born out of wedlock. It's not like these words are just random labels slapped on children. They  are used during  courts cases involving heirs and inheritance.  

• Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Troy said:

@Troy , please tell me you are making a facetious statement here - Please tell me you do know what illegitimate means within this context ...🙄

14 hours ago, Delano said:

@Delano  I rest my case as it relates to the previous thread. 

So much for being a  leader when you can't even handle your own family business.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

Although "illegitimate" and "bastard" may be insensitive words, they are legal terms that apply to children born out of wedlock. It's not like these words are just random labels slapped on children. They  are used during  courts cases involving heirs and inheritance.  

Which is exactly what was said in the link from the New York Times. But I reference non credible news sources @Troy

25 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Delano  I rest my case as it relates to the previous thread. 

Can I get a witness?

4 hours ago, Chevdove said:

. Am I looking at this the wrong way? I wonder if I have gotten something right

Whose money is it?

• Like 1

Just like Mel, I rest MY case from the previous thread at how Delano and the ladies seem to always take eachothers sides and have eachothers' backs.

Like Stevie Wonder said: This is more than a coincidence or a lucky chance......

Del

you are confusing your lack of knowledge with information.

And YOU are confusing mere information....actually DISINFORMATION....with verified FACTS.

Again, I asked you what CREDIBLE sources you got this from and you listed Hoover's FBI.

((shakes head))

Del and Cynque

I can't believe you two just sat up there and attempted to legitimize Hoover and his COINTEL program!

I see how readily you accept information coming from an organization who at the time ADMITED they were putting out lies and disinformation to sway the public against Civil Rights organizations and it's leaders and divide them against eachother.

Mel

So much for being a leader when you can't even handle your own family business

It's funny how you almost NEVER hear the leadership of poweful and wealthy White men like George Washington or Thomas Jefferson being questioned by White society because of who they slept with.
Hell, Trump can sleep with whoever he wants and STILL ends up President with major support.

Sometimes I believe some of you are just looking for any excuse to de-legitimize and tear down the authority of Black male leadership. Any lies and accusations are good enough to do the job in your minds.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

It's funny how you almost NEVER hear the leadership of poweful and wealthy White men like George Washington or Thomas Jefferson being questioned by White society because of who they slept with.

Sally Hemnibgs 

Why are 

Sometimes I believe some of you are just looking for any excuse to de-legitimize and tear down the authority of Black male leadership.

Or why aren't there more women dictators. 

Answer : No dic, no dictator. 

Del

Sally Hemnibgs

The only people who bring up Sally Hemmings are OTHER BLACK PEOPLE.
Most White people sweep that issue under the rug, act as if it never existed, and rarely if ever mention it except when a Black person brings it up and forces them to acknowledge it.

See, they protect THEIR own historic figures from shame and ridicule.
We should do the same.

Again, I ask you WHERE did you hear about Martin sleeping with MEN?
Can you show me a source?
I haven't even heard that one from the FBI !

Or why aren't there more women dictators.

Well, just look at the average AfroAmerican household being governed by the authoritarian rule of the single Black mother.
Then ask yourself would the entire world be better off if it were functioning like you see that household, lol.

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Hell, Trump can sleep with whoever he wants and STILL ends up President with major support.

Sometimes I believe some of you are just looking for any excuse to de-legitimize and tear down the authority of Black male leadership. Any lies and accusations are good enough to do the job in your minds.

@Pioneer1 , not sure where you've been for the last half century and the beginning of this one - sexual abuse, promiscuity and lying under oath about it got a white U.S. President Impeached.   Further there have been far too many to count -nor would I list here,  the number of  political/social/cultural white leaders who had to leave their position for violating moral codes of infidelity, sexual abuse and impropriety, and that is in this century alone. 

Even Strom Thurmond was spared because he took care of his illegitimate  daughter.  According to reports he had sex with a 16-year-old who was working for his family.   The news didn't break until after he was dead but those close to the family said he treated her like the family she was to him.  So yes his sex life became part of his legacy too.

As for  your off-topic reasoning regarding the 18th century;  I wasn't born then so I don't know  what the word on the street was then.  Those who write the history tend to look back with forgiveness. Trump doesn't have major support - he has white nationalist support. Some polls indicate  he's the only president who hasn't received above 50% approval rating.  So major support is an exaggeration. 

So while you seem to want to reduce this to casual sex - it's more than that.   It's about sexual abuse especially of minors and fathering children as result of those relationships.  No matter what color of your skin - that is frowned on in every culture and ethnic group. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Please tell me you do know what illegitimate means within this context ...

Mel of course i know what the word means. I simply don't like using it to describe people. @Cynique says it is a legal term. I don't know if that is true, but it does not matter because I will not describe children that way.

15 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I can't believe you two just sat up there and attempted to legitimize Hoover and his COINTEL program!

This is indeed disappointing. That idea that Del believes he understands the nature of MLK's sexuality based upon shit Hoover produced is shameful. 

50 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

So major support is an exaggeration

@Mel Hopkins the man was elected POTUS, that is very definition of major support. 

53 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

It's about sexual abuse especially of minors and fathering children as result of those relationships. 

Is this what we are debating now? Im not sure if anyone here is arguing sexuality abusing children. I'm not. 

MLK was killed for trying to improve the lives of not just Bkack people but all people.

@Delano has questioned MLK's legacy based upon hearsay concerning his sexual activites. The man straight up gave up his life for all of us. Even if the rumors Del is spreading are true, this does not diminish king's legacy in my mind.

20 minutes ago, Troy said:

the man was elected POTUS, that is very definition of major support. 

@Troy 71+  Million people voted for another candidate - 65 Million of those folks voted for Hilary  AND 90 MILLION PEOPLE eligible to vote DIDN'T or COULDN'T  VOTE AT ALL.  Now I know you're good at math.  At least you present as someone good at math - tell me how is that major support - Major  meaning majority in this context.   Dude can't even get a major approval rating.

24 minutes ago, Troy said:

The man straight up gave up his life for all of us.

Erm, Rev Dr.  Martin Luther King, Jr  didn't die for us.   He used his life to promote ideas that he hoped would better our position here.    Let's not be dramatic. 

• Like 1

As a tech alum we are both good at math. We all know 45 did not get the majority of votes. That is not the point.

No one can not win the office of presidency without major support. 

Major and majority are not synonymous in this context, or any other context for that matter.

Well, certain of you conveniently ignore what i said about the book written about King by his closest confidante, the Reverend Ralph Abernathy, in which many of the rumors were confirmed.  i, myself, saw a play about 10 years ago based on King's affair with a young women, which if it hadn't been accurate could've been the subject of a suit by his heirs. And it never was.  I don't profess to know about any homosexual activity. 

When you seek the truth, it is not always what we want to hear, especially if it is about our heroes. Pioneer also seems to completely disregard how JFK's involvement with Marilyn Monroe was sensationalized, to the extent of even advancing the idea that that he was involved in her death, which his accusers say was murder, not suicide.  As for King, as far as i am concerned, his greatest asset was that he was not self-aggrandizing.  it was never about him when it came to the movement, it was about his urging black folks to keep their eyes on the prize. Or did he originally seek leadership. He was chosen for it because of the obvious qualifications he displayed as a relatively unknown preacher.  What he did in private was not something  i was ever eager to cast stones about. Since his wife seemed OK with it, and he was doing a good job of advancing the black cause, i gave him a pass.  His legacy speaks for itself because it involves his being instrumental in the passage of civil rights legislation.  Some historians say that had he not been assassinated, his star would've faded as the days of civil disobedience fell from favor.   As it was, his death made him a martyr. The same with Malcom X.  So be it. 

About the term, "illegitimate", it had to originate somewhere, and it makes sense that that place was in courts of law where it is routinely used.  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Troy said:

No one can not win the office of presidency without major support. 

@Troy Seriously, you are a little  LOT better at math than I - but even I know the GOP doesn't have major support -

But they know  the only way the GOP can win is with the electoral college and making it hard for most people to vote.  It was like that when the white nationalist were DEMS in slavery times and it still works for the white nationalist now.  The Electoral college has served the minority very well.  BUT after this last election they are sounding the alarm because they believe they  might lose Texas as a red state.  Lose Texas and lose every presidential race forever. 

If they believed they were in the majority they wouldn't make it so difficult for the electorate to vote.

• Like 1

@Mel Hopkins i seriously doubt the republicans will see another president for a very long time after 45 loses, which is almost certain unless we go to war (read: start another war) or the Dems fail to find a warm body to oppose 45, before the next election.

Im not sure Elijah got a "pass" at least not by the genersl public.

Personally, i don't know enough about the NOI to pass judgment. They do a lot of things i disagree with like abstaining from pork and liquor -- which would probably be in my best interest. And I have no interest in regularly attending their services or worshiping their God. 

That said im also not about to reject all the good the have done for Black people -- including myself, and suggest they dont defend Black simply because of one man's actions.

...for the same reason i would not discard all the good the Black Christian church has done because @Delano says MLK engaged in gay sex.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Troy said:

and suggest they dont defend Black simply because of one man's actions.

@Troy It only takes one person to destroy an empire.  

You do realize not speaking up against one man’s action, a man who also happens to be a leader of the organization means they did not protect the women against this one man.  

According to the news report, their lack of protection became a detriment to the entire organization.  

So, in this case,  if they defended the girls BEFORE Elijah got to them, they could’ve saved the estate from a multitude of court cases and financial loss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2018 at 1:31 PM, Cynique said:

Yes, indeed! Even though these words may seem 'insensitive' they are terms that are defined on a legal basis. I think some children may be harmed by others who use these terms to hurt, but these terms also protect other victims. I for one, being married, think about the other aspect!!! What if a wife has been left to deal with her husbands 'affairs that left illegitamte children' after his death!? How is that woman to deal with the legalities and wanting to make sure that her own 'legitamite children' are not deprived. So, yes, these terms 'bastard and illegite' are legal terms that is needed! When certaim men in leadership positons think that they can do things that are overlooked, eventually, others are left to deal with the negative repercussions. Therefore, maybe we should think about these leaders' actions while they are doing them!

On 12/5/2018 at 3:00 PM, Delano said:

Whose money is it?

@Delano Good question! LOL. I guess that is what the court battle is all about! The NOI is saying that mony belongs to them and then on the other hand, the children feel the money belongs to them. And then there is the wife and legitimate children who feel the money and financial decision belongs to them!!! . . . SO OFF TO COURT THEY GO . . . in America . . . whose laws are applied by the lawmakers of this land. MAN WHAT A MESS.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:55 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Just like Mel, I rest MY case from the previous thread at how Delano and the ladies seem to always take eachothers sides and have eachothers' backs.

@Pioneer1 LOL! Pioneer, it is NOT always that way that you are seeing it! Not all arguments and debates should be based on GENDER! 

On 12/6/2018 at 10:08 AM, Pioneer1 said:

The only people who bring up Sally Hemmings are OTHER BLACK PEOPLE.
Most White people sweep that issue under the rug, act as if it never existed, and rarely if ever mention it except when a Black person brings it up and forces them to acknowledge it.

@Pioneer1 You know, I kinda agree with you here! But I think that there is a reason. The way this woman 'Sally Hemmings' was taught to us, BLACK FOLK, was that she was 'BLACK'!!! ANd this is the problem. She was defined to us as being Black and so, we identified with her. ANd some Black people were so happy to believe that Thomas Jefferson had fell in love with a Black Slave woman!!! But this was such a terrible and deliberate misrepresentation of the real truth. But no matter, by the time the truth came out, many Black people clung to the lie so much that they were not willing to hear the real truth.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:55 PM, Pioneer1 said:

@Pioneer1 I can understand part of what you say here! I feel that there is a serious problem with how we as BLACK AMERICANS have been conditioned to go against the BLACK MALE LEADERSHIP! But, on the other hand, if Black men have bought into that old timey DOMINATE BLACK WOMEN SYNDROME, then they do not need to be leaders.

Edited by Chevdove
spelling

Del

It is speculation about whether both Malcolm X and MLK had homosexual experiences.

Well WHO is doing the "speculating"?

Again, can you provide me a source.....preferably a more credible source than Gay Edgar, lol?

I've only read in ONE BOOK that came out decades after Malik's departure that accuses him of some sort of homosexual encounter, and only then it merely IMPLIES that he "went into a room with a man and locked the door for the night" or something of that nature if my memory serves me correct.
Other than that book, nothing else.

WHERE did you hear about Malik or Martin engaging in HOMOSEXUAL relationships?

Chev

I can understand part of what you say here! I feel that there is a serious problem with how we as BLACK AMERICANS have been conditioned to go against the BLACK MALE LEADERSHIP! But, on the other hand, if Black men have bought into that old timey DOMINATE BLACK WOMEN SYNDROME, then they do not need to be leaders.

When we speak of leadership....the onus is on the leader and what they do.
When we speak of domination...the onus is on the followers and it implies that those followers are being FORCED into their position.
A good leader doesn't have to FORCE his/her followers into submission.
If they are a good leader the people will naturally respect their leadership and will WANT to follow them.

Also......

Keep in mind when I think of Black male leadership I don't think of ALL Black men dominating and ruling over ALL Black women.
I think of a few QUALIFIED Black men (along with qualified Black women to help) leading and ruling over the majority of both Black males and females with justice.

Just like you can't exclude the female, neither can you exclude the male....which is what many are trying to do today.

There is no properly leadership without the influence and input of BOTH genders male and female.

There must be a balance.

Del

It is speculation about whether both Malcolm X and MLK had homosexual experiences.

Well WHO is doing the "speculating

There is a book that mentioned Malcolm X in addition to being a pimp may have also pimped himself to a white man. 

They King reference was Fbi and audio tape. There may have been about king. I can't recall. 

Feel free to search for the book. The author died before it was published. It is mostly likely in the last 10 years. 

Your opinions about both men are malleable. So I am not certain why you are asking? 

There is no properly leadership without the influence and input of BOTH genders male and female.

There must be a balance.

That doesn't appear to be the case with the NOI. And your of its leader erode the integrity of your position. 

Minister Louis Farrakahn was criticised for calling Hitler a great man. No question Hitler was good for Germany reviving their spirit and their economy, but it was costly and lead to large scale devastation. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, Delano said:

There is a book that mentioned Malcolm X in addition to being a pimp may have also pimped himself to a white man. 

They King reference was Fbi and audio tape. There may have been about king. I can't recall. 

Feel free to search for the book. The author died before it was published. It is mostly likely in the last 10 years. 

Your opinions about both men are malleable. So I am not certain why you are asking? 

Lol......
Is that your "scenic route" way of saying that you actually HAVE NO OTHER sources or evidence of those homosexual allegations against Malik Shabazz outside of some "book" you forgot the name of as well as ABSOLUTELY NO sources to back up your allegation that King was involved with men?

So you're just gonna go right ahead and put those accusations out there anyway huh????

Well......I'm a little disappointed that you'd do that.

@Pioneer1that you may want to look up the definition of speculation. I haven't accused either man. Accusation implies guilt. Malcolm and Martin's sexual history is infinitely less problematic than Elijah Muhammed's for the following reasons.

His Lust resulting in the ostracisation of both the mother and offspring. Created an additional legal problem for his family and the NOI. Resulted in Malcolm leaving thereby weakening the nation. And indirectly resulting in the death of Malcolm. 

50 minutes ago, Delano said:

@Pioneer1that you may want to look up the definition of speculation. I haven't accused either man. Accusation implies guilt. Malcolm and Martin's sexual history is infinitely less problematic than Elijah Muhammed's for the following reasons.

His Lust resulting in the ostracisation of both the mother and offspring. Created an additional legal problem for his family and the NOI. Resulted in Malcolm leaving thereby weakening the nation. And indirectly resulting in the death of Malcolm. 

Naaaaah......
All attempts at diversion will fail, lol.

YOU started this thread  accusing MLK of having affairs with BOTH men and women, and when challenged to produce evidence of this so far you haven't been able to.

Any further points you'd like to make before this case is laid to rest?

Firstly I am not certain why either of you can't conduct your own search. Especially since Troy can do it in 5 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Troy said:

-- no here has heard of such a thing before.  Did you find this on Facebook too

You not being aware of things doesn't invalidate them, for example Martin Luther King's affairs, Malcolm Little being a pimp, Elijah Muhammed's preying on teenage girls. 

What's interesting is that when Cynique verified the statement you were silent. 

Furthermore you seem to think I am your secretary. You can argue without having a look or you can check for yourself. A while back K2 made a very long post about Astrology. You just accepted what he said. Even after I said it was plagiarism you didn't check. You sell books and you can't recognise something as being plagiarised. Maybe you should go back to Facebook it's good practice for vetting fake news. Like the John McClain story. Perhaps Cynique can refresh your memory. You seem to listen to her unless the topic is about women. Which is rather interesting from a psychological Pov but this thread is already pretty long. I am not sure you will read it all. That isn't why I wrote it. 

In addition you make statements that could be checked but you don't bother. You ask for the source. Even when you doubt what I am saying,  you don't verify it for yourself. 

Here's the main difference between you and I. I will  search a topic and look for pro and con arguments. I am not telling you to follow suit. Nor am I following your directives. 

You totally missed the irony of me posting an article from Facebook about Black Women Writers. It's your field and your nemesis. The other Facebook post was a few Black Book industry people praising you on Facebook. Which is also ironic because you periodically cry about Facebook and not being appreciated for all the work you do for Black Women writers, the reading public and the industry. I can empathise with your frustration. However your positions about Facebook and Google don't make sense to me . They both take business away from you. You continue to use Google for your personal searches yet you drop Facebook. I suggested that you sue Google. I ended up asking a mutual acquaintance on your behalf. Who is a lawyer and handled business in the past re AAlbc. And you didn't want to write a cease and desist letter. I am not writing this to change your mind about any of this. 

Adapt or die. You sometimes sound like a cranky Don Q. I am going to chill out at the Villa. 

Sincerely, 

Pancho. 

Edited by Delano
Ta da
  • Haha 1

@Delano the book you are referencing is 

Malcolm X: A Life Of Reinventionby Manning Marable. However the books findings were shredded in the book A Lie of Reinvention

(The above was written in reaction to your earlier post, it was saved but not posted)

As far as what you just wrote. I gather it all means you have no proof to justify your secalious assertion that MLK has a homosexual affair.

Reacting as if I'm making you a secretary for asked you to subtaintiate YOUR claim is absurd.  

If you can't or won't substantiate your accusation just say so. All the other stuff about K2 astrology statement (which i dont even recall), McCain, and Google you've thrown in is just noise. 

Troy

As far as what you just wrote. I gather it all means you have no proof to justify your secalious assertion that MLK has a homosexual affair

Lol.....I was about the post the very same thing.

When I glanced at the paragraph and all that was written I came close to assuming he MIGHT have some references in there.
I just KNEW he wouldn't waste half of a damn page whining about how he's being mistreated and allegedly held to a different standard.

Delano

You need to either provide proof of your allegations against these men or atleast evidence or sources for the alleged homosexual affairs you're accusing Martin King of or you should just RECANT your statement.

Since you're so big on honor, I think that would be the honorable thing to do at this point.

I've always seen you as a pretty reasonable dude and still do somewhat, despite our current static....

But putting garbage like this out here with no evidence.......what's your agenda man?

As far as I know you're the first person EVER to even suggest that MLK had affairs with other men!!!

I can't find that shit ANYWHERE else, except for YOU saying it.

@Pioneer1 ease up o the the demands about what I should do.

I stated my source can it be verified? I will say what I always say. There are no facts just perspectives. 

Go beyond what you know. The audio was on the radio. It could have been a fake. However my mother's aunt said that Martin stayed with Single women when he travelled. It's hearsay but I believe her and it I don't see any of their extramarital activities in a negative light. 

However I feel the reverse about Elijah Muhammed affairs because they caused problems. That affected Malcolm his son and the entire nation. And most importantly he took something. He was a rapist because those teenage girls didn't choose freely. 

Unless Elijah Muhammed had a day job, invested that money and kept records, the kids should get 0. The money most likely came from his supporters and should benefit the nation. Not his heirs. 

2 hours ago, Troy said:

just forget it. Del can't provide a source to substantiate MLK's gay affairs and apparently won't say he made a mistake, which is indeed surprising. 

Did Del ever say that his input about MLK was true?? Seems like just contributing what had been put out. 😮 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Gentleman is it so hard to understand i am asking a question not making a statement

What!?

Ok @Delano what is the reasoning for the premise of this question? (Or will you avoid this question too)

On 12/3/2018 at 4:45 PM, Delano said:

Also what us the basis of this statement? 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:49 PM, Delano said:

King was a sexual libertine,

@Delano i can say, with certainty, that you do not know enough about MLK's sexuality to pass judgement. Are you quoting someone?

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

Did Del ever say that his input about MLK was true?? Seems like just contributing what had been put out

That is THE problem cynique. Del won't say where he is getting this scandalous information about MLK's sexuality. He wants to gossip, i don't. Suppose i asked the question:

Hey everybody what do you think about Del raping that infant last year?

Then if im asked how do you know Del raped a baby? How satisfied would you be by my replying:

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Gentleman is it so hard to understand i am asking a question not making a statement

Or some bullshit like:

16 hours ago, Delano said:

There are no facts just perspectives. 

In any case, we simply dont know if Del is in Australia to avoid being labeled as a sex offender for raping babies here in the US. I guess it is just a matter of perspective 🤔

@Troy my question unlike yours has two components. One of those components is  Martin Luther King's impact. The other question about his sex life can be both debated and is non judgemental. 

Furthermore unlike Troy's example of me raping babies is not illegal. You may have not noticed but in the question I didn't mention any extramarital activities. 

Troy either you are wearing binoculars, which make you so close to issues that you become emotional. Or a telescope, in which you appeal to reason? and say you, I,  we werent present so how can we know what happened. 

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Del

There are no facts just perspectives.

Well if there are no facts then would you agree with me that it is NOT a fact that King or Shabazz had affairs and slept with men?

This statement allows me to clear up my "defending " Pioneer. 

When you make a valid (which is different than true) I will agree even if my perspective is different. 

Two things you may want to consider.  An opinion need not be factual, even if the subject has some known facts. Second a question unless legal or rhetorical is an inquiry. 

Troy

Pioneer1 just forget it. Del can't provide a source to substantiate MLK's gay affairs and apparently won't say he made a mistake, which is indeed surprising.

Suprising and indeed a bit sad.
I'm thinking this is a passive aggressive form of retaliation for my support of Elijah Muhammad , however I'm not certain.

Del

Please can either of you quote me, where i slandered either Martin or Malcolm.

Martin was a Christian Minister.
Malik was a Muslim Minister.

You accused both of adultery and homosexuality.

Both men belonged to religious organizations in which adultery and homosexuality are STRONGLY condemned and are seen as not only a sin but in many cases CRIMINAL acts.

Do you realize that in some Muslim societies you can be KILLED for engaging in homosexual or adulterous activities?

It doesn't matter how YOU feel about homosexuality and whether it's slanderous to YOU or not.
What matters is how THEY and their SUPPORTERS feel about homosexuality and adultery, and the majority see them as abominable acts and to accuse someone of these acts of abomination is SLANDEROUS.

Do you now understand the gravity of what you imply about these men?

You may have not noticed but in the question I didn't mention any extramarital activities

You said:

You don't considered "extramarital affairs" a form of extramarital activity?

This statement allows me to clear up my "defending " Pioneer.

When you make a valid (which is different than true) I will agree even if my perspective is different.

Two things you may want to consider. An opinion need not be factual, even if the subject has some known facts. Second a question unless legal or rhetorical is an inquiry.

I have two things also:

1. If you were asking a question, why didn't you put a question mark at the end of it instead of a period?

2. My question remains, WILL YOU agree with me that it is NOT a fact that Mr. King or Mr. Shabazz had affairs with men and women?