Kevin Hart Shows Some Heart

Hansel and Gretel is a fairy tale. Its not an actual news story from Germany. It isn't true. However children taking candy from  strangers is a bad idea. That is the lesson in a story that's  fiction. 

That is the function of fairy tales. They are fantastic stories that aren't true. Yet they are instructional and illustrate truths. 

Oedipus Rex is the story about a man who kills his father the king and marries his mother. It is also a Freudian psychological concept. 

30 minutes ago, Delano said:

Hansel and Gretel is a fairy tale. Its not an actual news story from Germany. It isn't true. However children taking candy from  strangers is a bad idea. That is the lesson in a story that's  fiction. 

That is the function of fairy tales. They are fantastic stories that aren't true. Yet they are instructional and illustrate truths. 

Oedipus Rex is the story about a man who kills his father the king and marries his mother. It is also a Freudian psychological concept. 

You said it was a fairy tale, but is the story of Hansel and Gretel an actual "myth"?

And is the Oedipus Rex story also a myth? 

20 minutes ago, Delano said:

Whether its a fairy tale myth or allegory it serves the same function. Its a truism housed in a story that is not true. Hopefully that clears it up for you. 

Del.....
Are the Hansel and Gretel and the Oedipus Rex stories MYTHS?

I'd prefer an actual answer to that question rather than a finger wagging lecture, lol.

And if not, can you give me some clear examples of myths that I may examine them and see the value in them for myself.

37 minutes ago, Delano said:

I gave you an answer. I ask the librarian they git paid to educate people. 

1. You didn't give me an answer, you gave me a RESPONSE.....there's a difference.

2. Librarians "git paid" to help people find books, not to educated them on their findings.

Now are you going to answer my questions, or do I have to get Robert Mueller to fly out there and interrogate the answers out of you?

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

You didn't give me an answer, you gave me a RESPONSE.....there's a difference.

Now are you going to answer my questions, or do I have to get Robert Mueller to fly out there and interrogate the answers out of you?

@Pioneer1There is no difference between the nouns "response" and "answer" unless an adjective  such as "right" or "wrong" modifies them.  And the phrase "interrogate the answers out of you" is redundant.  🤨

Answer: a thing said, written, or done to deal with or as a reaction to a question, statement, or situation: "synonyms: response, reply  

Response  a reply or an answer. 

@Delano Sorry, couldn't resist.  But your decision to be neutral tempts me.   😁Merry Christmas to you. 

Delano

Merry Christmas

Thank you.
But I don't celebrate pagan holidays; nor do most of the people I roll with.

Now will you please and kindly answer my questions.
Those being, and I will repeat:

1. Is the Hansel and Gretel story a myth?

2. Is the Oedipus story a myth?

3. And if NOT, can you please share with us some CLEAR EXAMPLES of myths?

Cynique

There is no difference between the nouns "response" and "answer" unless an adjective such as "right" or "wrong" modifies them.

Wrong again.......
Let me give you a COMPENSATORY EDUCATION on these two different words:

The fact that "response" and "answer" are TWO DIFFERENT WORDS alone qualifies there being a difference between them.
All answers are responses, but not all responses are answers.

A response is merely a REACTION to a question, but it doesn't necessarily answer it....while an answer is a response that focuses on RESOLVING the question being asked whether that answer is correct or incorrect.

For example.....

If I ask a woman if she's married and she puts her hand over her mouth and blushes...that's a RESPONSE but it doesn't answer my question.

However if I ask her if she's married and she says "no" then that is an ANSWER.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

If I ask a woman if she's married and she puts her hand over her mouth and blushes...that's a RESPONSE but it doesn't answer my question.

That's a reaction, not a response. According to the dictionary, response and answer are synonyms. nouns whose meaning can change when they are modified by adjectives.   i don't need long-winded explanations(?) from a source like you who can't spell, makes grammatical errors on a regular basis and uses "ect", instead of "etc".  

28 minutes ago, Cynique said:

That's a reaction, not a response. According to the dictionary, response and answer are synonyms. nouns whose meaning can change when they are modified by adjectives.   i don't need long-winded explanations(?) from a source like you who can't spell, makes grammatical errors on a regular basis and uses "ect", instead of "etc".  

A reaction IS a response......albeit an involuntary response at times.

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

1. You didn't give me an answer, you gave me a RESPONSE.....there's a difference.

2. Librarians "git paid" to help people find books, not to educated them on their findings.

It's much better that I ignore your rudeness and your feigned (?) stupidity. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

A reaction IS a response......albeit an involuntary response at times.

The same can be said of "answer".  Del's reaction was his answer in response to a question he chose to ignore.   

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2018 at 6:30 AM, Delano said:

It's much better that I ignore your rudeness and your feigned (?) stupidity. 

Pioneer1     700

Pioneer1

Cynique

And you want to replace these white lies and myths with black ones

Mythology has it's place but I want to replace lies with TRUTH, which has no color

@Pioneer1, thank you for showing me not to take anything you say at face value. 

17 minutes ago, Delano said:

I guess they aren't like opinons. Since your partners dont have them, . Are your partners inflatable? 

Ofcourse not.  

(see how easy it was to answer a question...lol....now YOU try it)

This may come as a suprise to you based on your personal habits, but most men don't have to use their mouths on their partners first in order to prepare them for futher sexual activity......lol.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano, ok so you are implying the immaculate conception never happened; what is true about it?

Seriously, you have been arguing with Chevdove and you still can't answer this ❓I have not read all of the posts in this thread. Since i didn't have an opinion. Yet you are still asking me for my opinion on a topic I haven't followed. 

On 12/26/2018 at 11:25 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Now will you please and kindly answer my questions.
Those being, and I will repeat:
1. Is the Hansel and Gretel story a myth?
3. And if NOT, can you please share with us some CLEAR EXAMPLES of myths?

Hey! I've been busy, and I am still busy but I would like a shot at these questions!

I have thought about the true definition of 'myth' and I am still vague on this, so I am interested in seeing how this will be answered. For now, though, I think that MYTHS are stories that do have strands of truth but because of so many other inputs, the truth has been shrouded in fantasy.

Is the Hansel and Gretel story a myth?

IMO, Absolutely not! Now, I don't have the complete answer but years ago when I was researching this fairy tale, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that this fairy tale or myth is based on strands of truth. I vaguely remember that this fairy tale was written based on ancient Black/African typed women that had been suppressed and exploited and became 'Earth Mother' figures in captivity. These type of women were used to run and control the slave communities but when they had gotten old and were of no use anymore, they were led into the woods, where a make-shift hut was put up for them, and then abandoned and deserted, and left to live out their lives alone. I remember hearing that the Hansel and Gretel fairy tale is based off of these origins in which they were lured into the house of a 'witch' who tricked them and other children and once into her trap, she ate them. Now, that is what I heard. So in a sense, this could be 'a myth' I guess, but it seems to me to be based on a real life situation. And this fairy tale is kind of like CINDERELLA too, also GOLDIE LOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS. I find that a lot of fairy tales stem from Europe and how they have shrouded Black Exploitation into 'myths'!

Absolutely not! AGain, though, I am not sure how to define 'a myth' and believe though, that myths are actually stories that are fairy tales and fantasy but based on true happenings. 

Again, Absolutely not--meaning, this story is based on some deep truths, but in a sense, it is a fairy tale because it has been deliberately translated and passed down in such a way that the true aspects are hard to confirm. I have done DEEP research on this story and it would take a lot to share all of my references, but for now, I will just be brief:

The OEDIPUS REX STORY has been discussed at length by severyal scholars who hint at an origin that goes way back to ancient Assyrian-Babylonian times, but more importantly, it is absolutely a fanciful rendition of what happened in an ancient THEBAN time and during the time of the ancient Egyptians. OEDIPUS REX [ie King Oedipus] is specifically about the 18th Dynasty THUTMOSE KINGS. 

Even though Egyptologist have deliberately attempted to keep this history hidden or debauched, deep research proves that it can be confirmed. 

Even though the infamous pharaoh Akhenaten was dubbed the negative king, however, if you look deeper, it will be seen that it was also his father too,

Amenhotep III that was just as creepy as he had been. So, this OEDIPUS 'myth' that HOMER later wrote about and at the time of the Greek revival, is not a myth in origin, but it became mythology due to deliberate efforts made to hide the dark acts of these Thutmose kings from the Nubians they ruled over.

There is a lot to this story... after the 12th year of Akhenaten, his second born daughter that he had relations with . . .  died in childbirth . . . She died giving birth to a child--girl--- sired by Akhenaten. Right after that, there was civil strife because the Nubians realized what was going on . . . Nefertiti gave birth to six daughters and was in competition with KIYA to have a malefactor, but after she failed the sixth time, she offered up her second born daughter who just made puberty to her husband, Akhenaten. . . 

Today however, it was proven through DNA too, that the boy-king Tut was fathered by Akhenaten and one of his own sisters . . . but the Amenhotep III was also a part of this quest too . . . and so was Queen Tiye . . . I tell you, the story of PEDIPUS REX .... PEDOPHILE REX ...Oedipus REX is no myth, but if a myth is defined as 'a story shrounded in fantasy that has a factual origin' then I guess this would be the defintion of 'a myth'. 

The terms myth, folklore, legend, and fairy tale are often used interchangeably, leading to the misconception that they mean the same thing: fanciful tales. Although it's true that these terms may refer to bodies of writing that answer some of life's basic questions or present commentary on morality, each type presents a distinct reader experience. They've all stood the test of time, which speaks volumes about their ongoing hold on our imaginations.

Myth

A myth is a traditional story that may answer life's overarching questions, such as the origins of the world (the creation myth) or of a people. A myth can also be an attempt to explain mysteries, supernatural events, and cultural traditions. Sometimes sacred in nature, a myth can involve gods or other creatures. It presents reality in dramatic ways.

Many cultures have their own versions of common myths that contain archetypal images and themes. One common myth that spans multiple cultures is that of a great flood. Myth criticism is used to analyze these threads in literature. A prominent name in myth criticism is that of literary critic, professor, and editor Northrop Frye.

Folklore and Folktale

Whereas myth has at its core the origins of a people and is often sacred, folklore is a collection of fictional tales about people or animals. Superstitions and unfounded beliefs are important elements in the folklore tradition. Both myths and folklore were originally circulated orally.

Ad

The Meaning of Myths, Folklore, Legends, and Fairy Tales

They cannot all be lumped together as mere fanciful tales

Myth, folklore and legends
 Some of the world's earliest stories were deity myths. Clipart.com
Updated June 25, 2018

The terms myth, folklore, legend, and fairy tale are often used interchangeably, leading to the misconception that they mean the same thing: fanciful tales. Although it's true that these terms may refer to bodies of writing that answer some of life's basic questions or present commentary on morality, each type presents a distinct reader experience. They've all stood the test of time, which speaks volumes about their ongoing hold on our imaginations.

Myth

A myth is a traditional story that may answer life's overarching questions, such as the origins of the world (the creation myth) or of a people. A myth can also be an attempt to explain mysteries, supernatural events, and cultural traditions. Sometimes sacred in nature, a myth can involve gods or other creatures. It presents reality in dramatic ways.

Many cultures have their own versions of common myths that contain archetypal images and themes. One common myth that spans multiple cultures is that of a great flood. Myth criticism is used to analyze these threads in literature. A prominent name in myth criticism is that of literary critic, professor, and editor Northrop Frye.

Folklore and Folktale

Whereas myth has at its core the origins of a people and is often sacred, folklore is a collection of fictional tales about people or animals. Superstitions and unfounded beliefs are important elements in the folklore tradition. Both myths and folklore were originally circulated orally.

Folktales describe how a main character copes with the events of everyday life, and the tale may involve crisis or conflict. These stories may teach people how to cope with life (or dying) and also have themes common among cultures worldwide. The study of folklore is called folkloristics. 

Legend

A legend is a story that's purported to be historical in nature but that is without substantiation. Prominent examples include King Arthur, Blackbeard, and Robin Hood. Where evidence of historical figures, such as King Richard, actually exists, figures such as King Arthur are legends due in large part to the many stories that have been created about them.

Legend also refers to anything that inspires a body of stories or anything of lasting importance or fame. The story is handed down orally but continues to evolve with time. Much of early literature began as legend told and retold in epic poems that were passed down orally originally, then at some point written down. These include masterpieces such as the Greek Homeric Poems ("The Iliad" and "The Odyssey"), circa 800 BCE, to the French "Chanson de Roland," circa 1100 CE.

Fairy Tale

A fairy tale may involve fairies, giants, dragons, elves, goblins, dwarves, and other fanciful and fantastic forces. Although originally not written for children, in the most recent century, many old fairy tales have been "Disneyfied" to be less sinister and to appeal to kids. These stories have taken on lives of their own. In fact, many classic and contemporary books, such as "Cinderella," "Beauty and the Beast," and "Snow White," are based on fairy tales. But read the original Grimm brothers' fairy tales, for example, and you'll be surprised at the endings and how they differ from the versions that you may have grown up with.

https://www.thoughtco.com/defining-terms-myth-folklore-legend-735039

On 12/28/2018 at 3:18 PM, Pioneer1 said:

This may come as a suprise to you based on your personal habits, but most men don't have to use their mouths on their partners first in order to prepare them for futher sexual activity......lol.

Even cavemen grunted at a woman before dragging them away. 

I guess your words come out some other hole. 

The mind is the biggest sex organ is a secret that is safe with you. 

Part of a relationship is relating to the other person. The mouth and the ears are pretty useful. 

I would say buy a vow but you seem more like a hit and run type of guy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Delano said:

A legend is a story that's purported to be historical in nature but that is without substantiation.

@Delano Thank you for the breakdown on these terms!

Yes, this would probably be the term applied to some GREEK TRAGEDIES such as the story Oedipus because during the movement of Greek Democracy, a lot of stores were written to suppress ancient historical records and idols such Imhotep become Asclepian. 

And at this time, the Greeks were marked for their Man-boy sex movement, Pedastry, so this debauched story about the 18th Dynasty in Egypt was a good method for them to further attempt to hide history..

17 hours ago, Delano said:

In fact, many classic and contemporary books, such as "Cinderella," "Beauty and the Beast," and "Snow White," are based on fairy tales

And I guess we can add to this 'Hansel and Gretel' and etc. 

YOu know, I now remember reading the account of Frederick Douglass in how he was selected to be sold away based on the decision of the slaveyard woman. And I remember that he wrote about how when the slaveyard Mammy was too old and of no use to the slave masters, in how she was led deep into the woods and a make shift hut was put up for her and then she was left to her own fate. I also remember other sad stories like this when I would go to the south to visit my relatives and I always heard stories of how older women were left to this fate and how they would be found, dead. ANd like your reference about how Disney made fair tale stories less sinister, I think this may be where I am left trying to understand these terms such as myths, legends, and etc. 

On 12/27/2018 at 11:50 PM, Troy said:

@Delano, ok so you are implying the immaculate conception never happened; what is true about it?

Del a response to this simple question does not require you following the entire thread.  

You were the one saying that you were "being supportive of @Chevdove."  I'm saying that you were actually not being supportive of her because you are not being forthright with her.  Indeed, I suggesting I'm being more supportive of her that by telling here how I feel and trying to understand her perspective.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:56 AM, Delano said:

Seriously, you have been arguing with Chevdove and you still can't answer this ❓I have not read all of the posts in this thread. Since i didn't have an opinion. Yet you are still asking me for my opinion on a topic I haven't followed. 

Arguing/! Del Chevdove and I are having an open and honest exchange.  Unlike you I actually know what she believes -- why because she tells us.  You instead dodge questions with superfluous quotes.  You say that the Immaculate Conception is a "Myth that is both "true" but "never happened."  Rather than explain what is true about it -- in your opinion -- you condescend and bore us by copying from the dictionary.  

Man tell use what YOU believe that is where the beauty lies.