Oldest. Black. Man Dies At-112

Richard. Overton. Dies. At. Age   112-.  He. Was.  The. Oldest. Living,World. War. 2-Veteran And. This. Country. Oldest. Man..News,Said.  Richard. Overton. Volunteered  For. The. Army,During,World  War  2-Was  At  Pearl  Harbor  After  The  Attack.  He  Served  With  A  All  Black  Unit. At  Guam  And  Iwa   Jima  ...He. Said,Whiskey  And  Smoking  Cigars  Helped  Him  Live  Long.  Maybe,It,Did.  He  Died  Thursday. In   Texas  At  The  Age  Of. ,112.News,Showed  News  Clips  Of  Him   Talking.  Seemed  Like. A,Interesting. Man.  He.  Was. Honoured. By. President. Obama.....

• Like 1

If you notice, most or atleast a disproportionate percentage of people in America who live to be over 100 years of age are AfroAmericans.

Despite all this crap about "how much longer Americans are living" today, my Father who grew up in the Deep South used to tell me about how healthier and stronger AfroAmericans were in the past and how much longer they lived eating real wholesome food.

People can talk about all of these so-called medical breakthroughs of modern society, but the fact is in just the past 20 or 30 years only I've witnessed the quality of life for American society in general decline.
There are far more children with obesity, asthma, and mental health problems today than their was when I was a kid.

My personal observations and what I've witness just verifies more and more the things that my Father and other older AfroAmericans told me.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:25 AM, Pioneer1 said:

People can talk about all of these so-called medical breakthroughs of modern society, but the fact is in just the past 20 or 30 years only I've witnessed the quality of life for American society in general decline.
There are far more children with obesity, asthma, and mental health problems today than their was when I was a kid.

@Pioneer1If you could ever get over the idea that you are a paragon who is a  barometer for the conditions of America, then you might be worth listening to. You really think you are special and that your experiences are the ruler by which everything is this country is to be measured. Troy's one sentence about "culture" has more substance and sense than your ego-centric paragraph casting yourself as an oracle about the current state of America.  I and millions of others are testaments to the medical break-throughs that have prolonged our lives. And the things that afflicted and killed children when i was a kid, have been eliminated by medical break throughs. You are so busy proclaiming yourself as the single most authority of the state of America, that you can't wrap your brain around the simple and obvious  reality that "time brings change" both for the better and the worse.