LET'S TALK

Don Lemon of CNN seems to thinks that it is about time for black America to have a candid discussion about the LGBT among us. He was evidently hurt by the allegedly homophobic comments made by Kevin Hart, who amidst the controversy has given up his host job at the Oscars. The offer to host is still on the table for Kevin Hart provided he issue a public apology to the LGBT community. 

Throughout time, the traditional view of gays has always been one of weakness. They are the perpetual victims of a homophobic society, and accordingly has taken their fair share of abuse. But are they powerless? It just may be that the doctor who is slated to perform your surgery is gay. What about your lawyer, your accountant. Your next door neighbor!  How many gay teachers school your kids? 

What if all these so-called powerless people conspired to take over? Hmm. What would happen? To find out one likely scenario, get my book THE TALENTED Xth. It is free and here is the link.

https://amzn.to/2VFxFRE

2 hours ago, Gibran said:

Throughout time, the traditional view of gays has always been one of weakness. They are the perpetual victims of a homophobic society, and accordingly has taken their fair share of abuse.

To the contrary, Gays have always existed in high places in the "eyes-wide-shut" environment of Roman and Greek society,   In the present, there is a long-standing rumor of a gay "mafia" that wields a lot of influence in Hollywood.  Gays have acquired power because brilliance and artistic creativity so often go hand-in-hand with homosexuality and these traits are assets.  Having an option to shift between the straight and gay worlds is what has distinguished the gay struggle from the black one.  You can't hide in the closet and exercise power behind the scenes if you're black. 

i  see the  LGBT movement  as being in the vanguard of a future society where time will bring change and humans will be allowed to embrace whatever sexual orientation they are comfortable with.  This is not necessarily a bad situation.  "Doing you" can be liberating.  

Just now, Cynique said:

To the contrary, Gays have always existed in high places in the "eyes-wide-shut" environment of Roman and Greek society,   In the present, there is a long-standing rumor of a gay "mafia" that wields a lot of influence in Hollywood.  Gays have acquired power because brilliance and artistic creativity so often go hand-in-hand with homosexuality and these traits are assets.  Having an option to shift between the straight and gay worlds is what has distinguished the gay struggle from the black one.  You can't hide in the closet and exercise power behind the scenes if you're black. 

i  see the  LGBT movement  as being in the vanguard of a future society where time will bring change and humans will be allowed to embrace whatever sexual orientation they are comfortable with.  This is not necessarily a bad situation.  "Doing you" can be liberating.  

I am of the same mind when it comes to power and the gay community.  And what I find so admirable is how much of what they have been able to do as far as building a power base has been done with a sort of artistic grace that is unmatched. Therein lies the subtle genius of gays. They understand how to use their brilliance as a smokescreen to induce. or perhaps seduce the rest of the world into believing they are powerless when the opposite is closer to the truth.

• Like 1

We should be specific....

When people...especially AfroAmericans....talk about the power and unity that the LBGT community has, they often forget WHO is funding it and WHO is leading it.

It's not funded or led by AfroAmerican or Latino homosexuals and bisexuals, but by CAUCASIAN homosexuals and bisexuals.

Caucasians....gay or straight....tend to be wealthier and more organized than other groups and THEY are the ones pushing the movement. LGBT people of color are just going along for the ride.

Cynique

Gays have acquired power because brilliance and artistic creativity so often go hand-in-hand with homosexuality and these traits are assets.

Only in Caucasian society.

In African society (meaning Black people world wide) currently and historically homosexuals are no more creative or artistic than heterosexuals.

Straight Black men are just as good at color coordinating their clothes, dressing nice, wearing lots of cologne, making good music, and dancing....things that White men have traditionally called "gay" or "womanly"....as homosexual Black men are.

The ONLY race where you find male homosexuals being more artistic and stylish is among Caucasians.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

The ONLY race where you find male homosexuals being more artistic and stylish is among Caucasians.

@Pioneer1 i  most certainly don't agree with that assertion! And what i base my opinion about it is as valid as yours. You are apparently discounting all the flaming,  flamboyant black queens and artsy  book reviewers and playwrights and authors out there, a literati in stark contrast to straight black men.   And i didn't inject color into my observations about the LGBT community  because it's not relevant.  It is not fragmented by race.  A diversified sexual orientation is their common denominator.  You, as usual, have appointed yourself as the source of what is factual about the 39-million-strong black American population as you rush to make generalizations that are not verified.   

9 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@Pioneer1 i  most certainly don't agree with that assertion! And what i base my opinion about it is as valid as yours. You are apparently discounting all the flaming,  flamboyant black queens and artsy  book reviewers and playwrights and authors out there, a literati in stark contrast to straight black men.   And i didn't inject color into my observations about the LGBT community  because it's not relevant.  It is not fragmented by race.  A diversified sexual orientation is their common denominator.  You, as usual, have appointed yourself as the source of what is factual about the 39-million-strong black American population and rush to make generalizations that are not verified.   

We are talking about ARTISTIC EXPRESSION and CREATIVITY!
.....not "finger snapping" and flaymboyant hyper-feminine behavior.

And again, everyone who has lived with or spent any considerable amount of time around Black people whether here in the United States, in South America, or Africa can attest to the fact that Black men (both gay and straight) are among the BEST DRESSERS and most STYLISTIC men in society.

My brother was (is?) a player's player and had 2 closets full of shoes and could outdress ANY homosexual.
I remember when straight Black men even used to get their nails "done" while getting their shoes shined in the barber shop.
I'm talking about pimps who had flocks of women getting their nails glossed...lol.

Straight Black men simply DO NOT HAVE the problems of expressing their artistic side and creativity that White men have because most don't have.

Gay negroes ain't  got shit on a straight brother who knows how to "get down"......lol.

So playwrights and book reviewers and authors are not EXPRESSIONS OF ARTISTIC CREATIVITY. Get outta here.  i've been around black men for 85 years and it is not my observation that straight black men are more clothes conscious than gay ones. Speak for yourself.   And i. incidentally, find a more conservatively dressed understated man more attractive in appearance  than one sporting a flashy pimp wardrobe.  

9 minutes ago, Cynique said:

So playwrights and book reviewers and authors are not EXPRESSIONS OF ARTISTIC CREATIVITY. Get outta here.  i've been around black men for 85 years and it is not my observation that straight black men are more clothes conscious than gay ones. Speak for yourself.   And i. incidentally, find a more conservatively dressed understated man more attractive in appearance  than one sporting a flashy pimp wardrobe.  

I didn't say one was more stylistic or artistic than the other.
-and YOU know what I'm saying so don't attempt to twist my words for those viewing just so you can build another "straw man" to argue against.

I said heterosexual Black men are JUST AS stylish, creative, and artistic as homosexuals and unlike most Caucasian males -we have no problems expressing this.

3 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I didn't say one was more stylistic or artistic than the other.
-and YOU know what I'm saying so don't attempt to twist my words for those viewing just so you can build another "straw man" to argue against.

What are you talking about??? Be more specific in your attempt to defuse my dismantling of your silly contentions.  Better still, just put a sock in it.  i've wasted enough time haranguing with you.  The Bears play-off game is more worthy of my attention. (You may be playing to those who you imagine are "viewing", but everything i say is directed only at you and your BS.)  

7 minutes ago, Cynique said:

What are you talking about??? Be more specific in your attempt to defuse my dismantling of your silly contentions.  Better still, just put a sock in it.  i've wasted enough time haranguing with you.  The Bears play-off game is more worthy of my attention. (You may be playing to those who you imagine are "viewing", but everything i say is directed only at you and your BS.)  

Lol.......

Resist the devil and SHE will flee from you.