Lynch Law in America by Ida B. Wells

Troy

After reading this speech I could not help but think:  Why the hell was this speech even necessary -- were people really that evil?!  It seems incredible -- even by today's standard that someone had to explain why lynching other people for kicks is a terrible idea.

She must have been speaking about the behavior of  some really retarded and or immature demons.  To call the people who participated in these atrocities "devils" is an insult to Satan.  These words would have no impact on anyone evil enough to lynch a child.

Lynch Law in America by Ida B. Wells

Lynch Law by Ida B Wells

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 3:54 PM, Troy said:

It seems incredible -- even by today's standard that someone had to explain why lynching other people for kicks is a terrible idea. 

Yet, the senator from Mississippi said,  “If he invited me to a public hanging, I’d be on the front row,”  and she still won the run-off election. 

So, I put nothing past any of these demons wearing every shade; black, white and shades in-between of human-suits; . 

Yep, thank you my idol "Ida B. Wells" for being the voice of reason with the mighty pen.  It's words that cast the spell and binds demons . I believe this is why she emphasize "unwritten".

White folks don't play in Mississippi. Sure they've learned you can't go around stringing up nigras anytime they want, and they have some wonderful monuments for Black folks. But don't get it twisted, they still maintain firm control over wealth and resources. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ida B. Wells is a Chicago treasure. Her descendants still live here and she is buried here.    i went to the U of Illinois with 2 of her grandsons.  A large housing project once bore her name but was eventually  demolished.  Recently her great-grandaughter was instrumental in having a major thoroughfare in the city named after her.   A great woman, indeed. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...