An Experiment..........

I was told by someone on another site that often times the more direct and less detailed my posts are the more sense I make. I've also been told by some people in real life that I "explain" too much or give too much unnecessary detail when instructing people and it often loses them.

I'm not sure if this is true but I've decided to experiment by TRYING to keep my statments at 5 sentences or less for each response.
Obviously sometimes I'll have to post more if someone askes me a lot of questions, but I'm going to experiment with being brief and more direct and after a few weeks I'll examine the results of this experiment, lol.

On 1/25/2019 at 6:01 AM, Cynique said:

No matter how thin you slice your ongoing narrative; it's still baloney.  

Holy $h!+

Hold on their Binkey. 

• mass noun Foolish or deceptive talk; nonsense.

‘I don't buy it—it's all a load of baloney’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
  • 2North American

variant of bologna
  • Haha 1

Cool your jets sparky; sliced meat is spelled they way i wrote it here on America. What deli have you ever been to and seen it spelled baloney? Besides it was a joke. Since I'm always lamenting the impact of corporate influence. 

BTW Mr. Grammarist who lives in a glass house, you used incorrect word; Their is spelled "there. "

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Troy said:

Cool your jets sparky; sliced meat is spelled they way i wrote it here on America. What deli have you ever been to and seen it spelled baloney? ...

BTW Mr. Grammarist who lives in a glass house, you used incorrect word; Their is spelled "there. "

5 hours ago, Delano said:

Are you sure spelling is part of grammar. 

@Troy  I was using the slang vernacular when I wrote "baloney" instead of "bologna". BTW, there is no such word as "grammarist".  It's "grammarian" or "grammatist".   And "their" is spelled t-h-e-i-r.  Regarding the case in point, it was a matter of using the word "their" when it should've been "there".  Also the first word of a phrase following a semi-colon is not capitalized.  

@Del   Right.  Spelling does not have anything to do with grammar. 

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Oh....
In other words my words are a rich and delicious temptation some may even find addicting.
How flattering.....lol.

In your dreams...  Your definition of "junk" conveniently eliminates the synonym for it which is "trash".  

Lord get the sticks out your butts you grammar prudes. @Cynique you know as well as anyone what @Delano writes is often riddled with grammatical errors typos and the like. it is not just one post of his i was referring to. I only get on Del when decides to complain about someone else's writing. 

As far as baloney is concerned i was teasing. I thought you knew that, but were probably not amused since you ignored it -- at least until the self appointed Tsar of grammar got involved.

• 2 weeks later...