Black Women Are Beautiful Naturally

51 minutes ago, Troy said:

I stand by the generalization

51 minutes ago, Troy said:

I just posted a review of a book by Joy Thomas Moore who successfully raised a by by herself

@Troy Then actually you don’t stand by the generalization and that was my only complaint.  

By the way, those successful men who praise their mothers publicly aren’t required to do so. They do so because they believe she was responsible for their outcome - so there’s that - and since you promoted Ms. Moore’s book - you helped me prove that point too.

Just think, how many others didn’t write a book but raised successful men. So while you may disagree thank you for the additional support.  

And of course, I’m grateful for my dad being in the “home”. (Quotation because most men work a lot outside of the home so they don’t get to raise the children anyway) - and any dad who remains a present in their child’s life... It was my dad who taught me to meet people where they are ... and to be bold yet vulnerable ... so yeah of course, well-adjusted dads are always necessary in the home.  

57 minutes ago, Troy said:

Rather than channeling my natural aggression and competitiveness it was viewed as an undesirable characteristic. 

@Troy Ok we agree here... because it was my dad who helped me to channel mine! 

1 hour ago, Troy said:

See when you have plenty of money, a comfortable home, good schools, and security, it is a lot easier for a woman to raise a child.  But when a woman does not have these things, raising child becomes a hell of a lot more difficult and much more so for the boys. they are less likely to graduate fro college.more likely to go to jail, and die at a younger age... in general.

Socioeconomic reality... I always forget about that part.  My bad. Carry-on. 

I know Hunts Point well. Us fatherless boys used to cruise up there for fun. Hookers would be on the stroll stark naked!  There were strip clubs galore (whore houses in actuality). Uniformed police would be at the door. 

I always thought about the people who lived in thbe area. I mean they had plenty of hookers walking street where i lived too, but hunts point was off the chain.

I lived there right across from the park. 

Where the school is located used to be a garbage dump. 

In high school a car load of the white kids from Westchester  went to Hunts Point. After a few of them were served, they found out their gal was a guy.

Two of my neighbors used to go down there on the regular. 

20 hours ago, Troy said:

Remember, grown-ass-man. You can't bark orders: suggestions and advise sure, but don't treat him like a little boy. Your husband let you get away with this?

20 hours ago, Troy said:

Sorry Ma, you had no choice in the matter; your son was a grow man at this point. 

@Troy "Your husband let you get away with this?"

Patriarchal Society -- I will not submit to, NOT TODAY! LOL.

Yes, I can see he was 'a grown man' at some point after high school... and well, for BLACK BOYS, I get the sense that they are generally grown even before this point -- when it comes to how they regard 'women'.

But, not in any  other society IMO!!!

I only watch a piece of one popular show years ago, called something like 'Bachelors' and in a episode, the mother was a part of the choosing, and the guy somehow changed his mind from his first choice and went with the mother's choice for his girl. And, most of my East Indian co-workers told me that in their cultures, the mother is respected in how their son's date and choose their mates. As for me, no, I don't get involved but if a young girl comes to me and complains about my sons behavior and I feel that he is in the wrong, I will speak up.

As for my husband, there is nothing tht I do that I don't discuss or hash it out with him, when it comes to our sons. 

20 hours ago, Troy said:

I'm trying to get the moral of your stories but I keep getting tripped up thinking this is why men must raise boys with mothers -- women can't raise boys (not saying you were a single mother).

I read all three stories but don't really understand what this has to do with respecting Black men relative to white ones which i thought was the point.

"respecting Black men" or Black men who respect Black women?

Do Black men respect BLack women? 

Do White men respect their women?

My first story was about my son choosing a prom date and I thought I brought out a point in that most of the popular Black guys in his high school chose non-Black girls 

from Prom dates! But you don't understand my point!? WOW.

My second story was about my son in a group and he was the only BLack and I was told that he was in a sense, 'to harsh' and when I asked him to respond, he initially said, "no." But later, when he finally did call the girl, he found that I was right. I had hoped that the message from this story would show the important role that A MOTHER PLAYS in how men regard women, and especially BLACK MOTHERS.

My third story was how a Black man completely disrespected a Black girl.

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I share Troy's observation that none of the stories you provided answered my question about what a Black man did that was MORE CONTROLING and MORE DISRESPECTFUL than what that White man acting as principle did to you in highschool.

"MORE CONTROLING and MORE DISRESPECTFUL than what that White man acting as principle did to you in highschool."

The White principal announced over the intercome that no one was allowed to wear rollers to school, and you think that is worse than 

a BLack man saying this about Black women wearing weaves?

So let me ask you this then @Pioneer1 Have you ever heard of a White man or principal getting on the mic and announcing that "No one is allowed to bring HAIR SPRAY

to school? or, what about this; Do you hear White men speaking out against White women wearing hair weaves, and bufont--hairsprayed hair styles? 

I will answer too; No, they never would disrespect or control White women like that.   

Worse, what I think you're attempting to do is cloud the issue by introducing Ariana Grande, how Black men date White women, and everything else under the sun rather than focus on the fact that you are justifying Mel's declaration that the best man is a White man.

@Pioneer1 LOL! Oh but still, will you please answer the question?

Because if you are going to keep saying this about Mel, then I want to know your response to this one, because it would be 'WORSE' if you don't see or recognize the hiprocracy here. You did not see anything wrong with that Black man's behavior in a Black Church community dressed like she was going to a bar. But, on the other hand, Black men want to control Black women in what they wear and how they style their hair. 

The only thing that comes close as an example of how a Black man actually mistreated a Black woman was your last one, but it wasn't done to YOU.

Well, I appreciate this comment. NO, it wasn't me, but it struck in a personal way. 

When you feel that it is right to confront Black women who date White men as 'a blow to the Black cultural structure', then how can you sit there and tell me you don't see this kind of evil behavior of Black men, college boys or not, who 'rape' black girls as NOT being detrimental to the 'BLACK CAUSE'!? Come on, @Pioneer1 

On 2/13/2019 at 7:58 PM, Troy said:

@Chevdove, see, most people would doubt, that someone walked through a wall.  There has to be some modicum of skepticism when you read something as extreme as this -- otherwise you are liable to fall for anything. 

Also, nothing in quantum theory suggests that people should be able to walk through walls.

@Troy   Exotic matter would suggest the possibility of walking through walls.  For example, “atoms aren’t solid, they are loaded with space – the only reason why you can’t pass through a wall is because your atoms and the wall’s atoms are operating on a mutually interactive frequency – if you could somehow change the frequency of atoms in your body – then you could or would be able to pass through the wall – since we also see along the same frequency of visible light wavelengths the wall would also seem to disappear – but actually everything has simply moved to another dimension.”   <--that's how QM SUGGEST it can be done. 

I'm not saying that there's proof but scientific method begins with hypothesis - not doubt.  A scientist doesn't doubt. 

Further  the scientific method requires observation ..yet the very act of observation in  quantum mechanics forces its outcome to change.   

As I mentioned to @Delano the reason why I don't post as much when I'm writing is because my mind will automatically look for an explanation to something I find interesting - I was challenged by @Chevdove's comment... and my mind continued to search for an answer when I was supposed to be working(writing).  I found a suggestion in a show I had on while I was writing and it triggered a memory of what I already knew about how it could be possible to pass through walls  or even disappear.  First you'd have to know how change your frequency , or wavelength (I learned that part back in Tech (high school)  Of course, it was further explored in the Philadelphia experiment (1943). Today, we have cloaking technology maybe not the same as walking through walls but your eyes tell your mind what to believe. 

• Thanks 1

@Mel Hopkins Thank you. 

Exotic Matter...

That is so amazing! 

And another concept I was thinking about on this subject--

You know, when I go to the doctor to get an XRAY!!!??? I am wondering if there is a connection to this subject too, even though I know that there is today, no answer, but the explanation that you wrote is amazing. I can't wait to share it with some 'thinkers'! 

You know, when you go to get an xray, you are told to stand on one side of a room, and then hold your breath; then the tech takes a pic, somehow, and within seconds, their it is!!!-- a picture of your skeleton on a film! ... and then what about 'cameras too? ... a dark rooms where films were developed.... 

I think that there is so much more to know in this world...

• Like 1

@Mel Hopkins I give you the exact same caution I give @Chevdove plus with the added bonus that a little knowledge can be dangerous. 

Mel not sure how you arrived at the conclusion you did based upon the information on the page you provided, but Nothing in quantum theory suggests you can walk through a wall. 

6 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

observation in  quantum mechanics forces its outcome to change.   

This is simply not true in the macro world.

@Chevdove an xray machine is no more mysterious than your cell phone camera.

But y'all go ahead and conflate xrays with quantum theory and "exotic" matter and theorize about people walking through walls to your heart's content. Who am I to stop you.

7 hours ago, Chevdove said:

You know, when I go to the doctor to get an XRAY!!!??? I am wondering if there is a connection to this subject too, even though I know that there is today, no answer, but the explanation that you wrote is amazing. I can't wait to share it with some 'thinkers'! 

@Chevdove, interesting! Thank you for that perspective! Yes electromagnetic radiation (see electromagnetic spectrum: for more on light wavelengths) must pass through matter to capture the image of the skeleton!   Yet, our crude method of this concept (x-rays) can cause cell damage leading to cancer. My dentist took extra precaution to protect mt thyroid when I worked as a flight attendant - he said i was already getting a large dose of radiation flying the friendly skies lol!

This also reminds me of a documentary I watched where some biologists observed that fasting from food for several days even a week - causes the cells to change its structuee to protect from radiation damage ... after a observing the outcome on many patients they concluded the cells changes was a throwback from when we didn’t EAT all the dang time! It allowed us to survive with little food. The thing is it didn’t turn off - so today some believe our diseases are due to not periodically fasting for a few weeks - even a few days lol.  But I digress.

I also remembered from scripture, Jesus, as a human, did a lot of fasting...

So maybe, he knew who to rearrange his physical make-up to move through matter without damaging his body’s building blocks (atoms/adam) smile...

Thank  you for sharing  thought-provoking  concepts!   

I see you have a book & blog in you! Have you ever thought about using the aalbc  blog feature too!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chev

Concerning what you and Troy were talking about and when boys get to be grown men.....

There was a common saying when I was growing up and the older I get the more truth I see in it......Black men don't become grown and mentally mature until about 40.

I don't know about other races of men, but I can tell you based on personal experiences as well as observation that MOST AfroAmerican men I know don't become fully mentally mature until they are in their 40s...and then they continue to get smarter afterwards until old age decline sets in.
But in their 20s and even 30s, most aren't mentally mature and often engage in silly and reckless speech and behavior.

Have you ever heard of a White man or principal getting on the mic and announcing that "No one is allowed to bring HAIR SPRAY

to school? or, what about this; Do you hear White men speaking out against White women wearing hair weaves, and bufont--hairsprayed hair styles?

I will answer too; No, they never would disrespect or control White women like that.

No, I haven't.
But White men are far more controling of White women than they are even of Black women.

Look at these little religious communities like the Mormons and Amish where they love to go off into rural areas and build their own compounds where they can have complete control outside of the law.  They make their women dress in old fashioned 1800's style clothing, don't let them wear make-up, and FORCE them to have babies over and over again in some of these communities.

White men will often KILL White women for getting disobeying them or not following cultural expectations.  Look at all the murder-suicides that happen in these mostly White communities when White men get angry and kill the entire family including the FAMILY DOG! How often do Black men do that.

LOL! Oh but still, will you please answer the question?

Because if you are going to keep saying this about Mel, then I want to know your response to this one, because it would be 'WORSE' if you don't see or recognize the hiprocracy here. You did not see anything wrong with that Black man's behavior in a Black Church community dressed like she was going to a bar. But, on the other hand, Black men want to control Black women in what they wear and how they style their hair.

Again, you're clouding and confusing the issue.
My criticizm of Mel isn't about how she dresses. My issue with her was HER criticizm of Muhammad Ali and other Black men who attempt to tell Black women how to dress because I didn't feel that she.....having been (or still is?) inlove with a White man and seeing him as the best....was qualified to do so. Her motives couldn't be trusted.

When you feel that it is right to confront Black women who date White men as 'a blow to the Black cultural structure', then how can you sit there and tell me you don't see this kind of evil behavior of Black men, college boys or not, who 'rape' black girls as NOT being detrimental to the 'BLACK CAUSE'!? Come on

I DO see it as detrimental, I never said it wasn't....it just wasn't the issue we were talking about.
Again, you're bringing up all of these other issues to DROWN OUT the main issue I'm speaking on which is that fact that you have Black women who worship White men and think they are superior.

Troy

I didn't word my previous statement correctly.

Yes many Black women will call a man weak and broke, but only after getting angry with him to the point that she no longer holds back how she really feels.  My point is most women tend to hold back their true feelings and don't tell men how they really feel or what they really want unless they're either drunk or in a fit of strong emotion.

I'm sure you've experienced a woman you're with arguing with you over something minor like the trash or vacuuming and then out of nowhere she brings up something you said or did or the way you looked at her female friend or some other woman WEEKS ago....lol.
You standing there like, "OK.....where the fuck did THAT come from????"
It was in her mind and  shewas bothered by it but she held it back and only in a fit of rage did she actually tell you the TRUTH about how she really felt!

In my opinion if AfroAmerican women would be a more honest about how they REALLY feel from the jump and in an intelligent and respectful way CLEARLY tell AfroAmerican males (little boys included) what they really want and expect from them, it would clear up a lot of confusion and would actually help them grow up and be the ideal men they should be.

If you want men who are strong, wealthy, and good in bed...then SAY THAT CLEARLY.
And then boys will grow up focused on trying to BE that.
Don't imitate White women or Asian women and go around telling boys that a good man is "sweet" and "kind" and "understanding" when you know good and dog-gone well that's not what YOU want in a man.

It goes back to what I've said over and over again, AfroAmericans need to stop imitating White people and come up with our OWN values and morals that work for us.
Black women don't respect "kind" and "sensitive"...they respect strength and should admit that.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But in their 20s and even 30s, most aren't mentally mature and often engage in silly and reckless speech and behavior.

You are probably right and that is because we are not properly raised (no father in the home) and the culture has a huge hand in this.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Black women don't respect "kind" and "sensitive"...they respect strength and should admit that.

This is probably true too, but again I think it men ourselves who feel this was as much if not more than women. And by strength and and power our both are praised and valued highly in our market driven culture. We judge each other on how much power and strength we wield. 

Also men can be kind and sensitive AND strong and powerful.

Women, indeed no one, likes a weak powerless man.  That should go without saying.  Does it really need to be expressed?  Now if a man demonstrates weakness in a siituation where he had the capacity to exhibit strength, a good woman should point it out -- not by emasculating him and calling him weak, but by helping him to use the strength he has with the goal of becoming stronger.  Men and women should do this for each other.

1 hour ago, Troy said:

I don’t know any successful men (or women for that matter),  who don’t possess those characteristics.  

Even if they must  perform kind and sensitive acts in public to get the buy-in.  

I’m a woman - and I disagree. No man gets near me without possessing all four ... and more. Troglodytes went out in the stone age.  Want to be successful today better act like you got some sense. Even Roger Stone had to beg forgiveness for acting stupid. lol.

Also we see what happens if a strong and powerful woman doesn’t exhibit kind and sensitive behavior.  Hmph

Edited by Mel Hopkins

People are not rational. I knew a woman who would try and get over on her man. And then said if she did she couldn't respect him. She ended up with a sensitive big teddy bear of a guy. Who was street but really affectionate. Later on. I heard he literally took cats out. So at the job he was really sweet to her but in the hood he was a killer. 

I also knew a feminist who liked to look at porn. I Asked her how that worked she said i dont know but it turns me on. 

Troy

You are probably right and that is because we are not properly raised (no father in the home) and the culture has a huge hand in this.

You're right that no father in the home is a problem, but it's only PART of the problem.
Having a father in the home is still not good enough to raise a GOOD man if the father himself doesn't know what his responsibilities are.
Infact, I'd argue that if that father is abusive (to his children or their mother), stupid, irresponsible, or just plain doesn't know his duties as a man...the children are better off with him NOT being in the home and for the mother (assuming she's decent) to raise the children single. Atleast FEWER bad habits will be instilled in them.

This is true BUT if you look at my words I said strength and power is what women RESPECT.
Most women don't respect kindness and sensitivity.
They may like it but there's a difference between what women LIKE and what they RESPECT.

They LIKE the guy they can call up and dump their feelings on or go shopping with, but they RESPECT the man with the car, the money, and house they're staying in....lol.

Another good example.....
Cynique may LIKE Delano more, but she RESPECTS Pioneer much more, if you understand what I'm saying, lol.

From what I've read, BEFORE slavery in most African cultures we didn't have these problems of what men should or shouldn't do because each society had "rites of passage" that clearly explained to them the RULES of manhood and what was expected of them.
Today, boys are told one thing in school, another thing by their family, and see something totally different on television.

Del

I also knew a feminist who liked to look at porn. I Asked her how that worked she said i dont know but it turns me on.

Unless the women she's watching are being abused, how is a feminist who looks at porn contradictory?
I could see contradiction if you said she was a "devout Muslim" or "born again Christian" as both doctrines are clearly against sex outside of certain boundaries.....but feminist ideology doesn't have moral absolutes like that.

No, Del, My Sweet, i don't respect Pioneer more than you or any other male on this board.  i find him an obnoxious, deluded blow-hard. And the ridiculous statement he  just made is one of the many reasons i have this low opinion of  him.    😩

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I don’t know any successful men (or women for that matter),  who don’t possess those characteristics.  

I know plenty, so many I consider it a characteristic of success in this country. You realize those on wall street knew the mortgage backed securities they sold were crap and millions would be booted out of their homes right?

Think of all the corporate leaders who pushed addictive pain killers fueling the opiod crisis. Are these successfull people "kind and sensitive."  Look at the leader of this country. Look at the leader of Facebook.

Look at the leaders of flint michigan.  look at the leaders of Philip Morris who pushes cancer sticks in virtually every country on Earth -- literally causing more deaths than any other entity...

Mel i could go on and on. Many successful people i know personally do unscrupulous things. 

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Unless the women she's watching are being abused, how is a feminist who looks at porn contradictory?

It is not contradictory. indeed a feminist fights for the right for a woman to exert control over her own body and sexual expression.

Having a father in the home is still not good enough to raise a GOOD man if the father himself doesn't know what his responsibilities are.

Of course better parents are more likely to properly rear children. But you don't have to be Dr. Benjamin Spock; children are amazingly resilient. If you can mange to feed, protect and love them they eventually find their way.

From what I've read, BEFORE slavery in most African cultures we didn't have these problems of what men should or shouldn't do because each society had "rites of passage" that clearly explained to them the RULES of manhood and what was expected of them.

Rites of passage are great on paper but the impact of them is greatly diminshed if the broader culture rejects everything the child is taught to earn the honor of becoming an adult.

@Troy how many feminists do you know?

Pornography transformed women into “adult toys,” wrote feminist activist, journalist and Women Against Pornography (WAP) co-founder Susan Brownmiller in 1975, “dehumanized objects to be used, abused, broken and discarded.” “Pornography is the theory; rape is the practice,” former Ms. magazine editor Robin Morgan declared in 1977. Pornography, some argued, was a form of terror: women “will know that we are free when the pornography no longer exists,” wrote Andrea Dworkin, one of the most well-known advocates of anti-porn feminism, in 1981. In 1996, legal scholar Catharine MacKinnon argued against the idea that pornography was a creative practice entitled to First Amendment protection. While pornography itself was not responsible for sexual assaults against women, wrote MacKinnon, “men who are made, changed and impelled by” porn were.

Defenders of porn within radical feminism did not seek to deny the reality of exploitation and sexual violence: novelist Dorothy Allison, a member of FACT, wrote freely about having been subjected to cruel, sexualized beatings and incestuous rape as a child. But feminists who called themselves “pro-sex” objected to the idea that consuming or making porn was categorically harmful. Journalist Ellen Willis asked in 1979: “Is there any objective criterion for healthy or satisfying sex, and if so what is it?” In the same vein, others pointed out that the charges against pornography could be made against most erotic art. As former sex worker and lesbian feminist activist Amber Hollibaugh wrote in 1980, she “could make a strong argument for the potential violence of Harlequin romances” because of their depictions of heterosexual relationships. Gay historian and longtime feminist activist John D’Emilio saw violence against women on television and in mainstream films as a greater danger than porn, “since the mass media pose as real life.”

@Delano 

7 hours ago, Delano said:

@Troy how many feminists do you know?

38. I dunno @Delano? I never tried to count them. How many do you know? What difference does it make? I know the definition of the word.

Again you think in extremes failing to see nausance in people and beliefs. The world is not so black and white neither is "porn. "

You know at least one feminists who likes it how do YOU square that? Again, not all feminists are the same.

I asked you the following question (which you characteristicly ignored) del, because it informs YOUR belief in what a feminist should believe.

8 hours ago, Troy said:

Do you have something against porn @Delano or a woman who enjoys and climaxes from watching it? 

Del im not sure why the pasted these quotes; they make my earlier point.

7 hours ago, Delano said:

But feminists who called themselves “pro-sex” objected to the idea that consuming or making porn was categorically harmful. Journalist Ellen Willis asked in 1979: “Is there any objective criterion for healthy or satisfying sex, and if so what is it?”

7 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

, that isn’t my definition of “successful”.  

@Mel Hopkins I see all the people I described,  as devils. But they are wildly successful.

Success is simply the accomplishment of a goal. Why are the people i described not sucessful?

2 hours ago, Troy said:

38. I dunno @Delano? I never tried to count them. How many do you know? What difference does it make? I know the definition of the word

I guess this is a humorous response to my question. You give the following answers 

. 38, Idk ,I have never counted. And then ask three questions. 

I don't know how many I know. I  can make an estimate of how many based on how many women I have talked to over 12 years. Although I have no way of determining whether they were feminists when I met them. Or are we counting current feminists.  I  am assuming my estimate only applies to women. Since I don't generally think of men as feminists , although they could be feminsts in either theory ,  practice either or both.  You could I mean that rhetorically argue whether something or someone is a feminist based on the above points. 

Or I can give you the answer that you want or would at least be more satisfactory. So if you can respond I will answer in the manner that you choose. Although of you don't answer or give plural answers that are members of the null set

... I  will respond in some way that either feels correct or is not correct. 

3 hours ago, Troy said:

What difference does it make? I know the definition of the word.

Based on your comment I would say it doesn't make a difference to you. And perhaps if my words  and or thinking were more in alignment with you or yours. We wouldn't have these disagreements. However there probably wouldn't be any need for me to post. I thought that before I started thinking about  some of the possible implications and the multitude of branches of thought or ideas. You could argue that thought and ideas are different. Not certain whether they should agree in number. or to be a bit more accurate (precise ) should both be plural. Since writing them singularly doesn't seem or feel correct or the right thing to do

.  So I left out the alternative due noto being an ambidextrous thinker or writer of words and by extension ideas, or thoughts on the subject matter. Even though the field or rather scope seems to have shifted, but I could wrong. 

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Again you think in extremes failing to see nausance in people and beliefs. The world is not so black and white neither is "porn. "

I have never seen a naudance on my life. Although in the future or rather going forward it could give more insightful answers. unless you prefer other types or manners of exposition. 

perhaps you are right except  that I don't know what in the name of f♡<k  you are talking about. Since I posted a pro and con postion on the issue of pormograohy  (BTW I didn't correct this typo so that You don't think I am grammar mazi about spelling. BTW themail there isn't agreement as to whether spelling is part of grammar. or at least that is what my search either implied or stated explicitly. or rather the results stated by their sites that were a function of the query. 

On 2/23/2019 at 1:55 AM, Troy said:

a little knowledge can be dangerous. 

@Troy Really!? How so? I do not understand how having knowledge can be dangerous. Can you give an example. Also, I don't remember your caustion towards me. 

Nothing in quantum theory suggests you can walk through a wall. 

Now, this is crazy, especially regarding the very definition of Quantum Mechanics and theory. 

an xray machine is no more mysterious than your cell phone camera.

But y'all go ahead and conflate xrays with quantum theory and "exotic" matter and theorize about people walking through walls to your heart's content. Who am I to stop you.

Why you even try to stop something that even you cannot explain, either way. Scientist theorize about this subject to a great extent, so how can you know for sure? As far as Xray in comparison to cell phone cameras, I don't know. NOt makeing comparisons, but regarding Xrays, this is amazing to me, because a picture is taken and then it is your skeleton that is clearly seen on a film. I have no idea if that has any relation to Quantum Mechanics but, that is just what I think about when this subject comes up. 

On 2/23/2019 at 8:17 AM, Mel Hopkins said:

Yes electromagnetic radiation (see electromagnetic spectrum: for more on light wavelengths) must pass through matter to capture the image of the skeleton!  

I also remembered from scripture, Jesus, as a human, did a lot of fasting...

So maybe, he knew who to rearrange his physical make-up to move through matter without damaging his body’s building blocks (atoms/adam) smile...

Yes! Cells and then atoms which are small dimensions and then electrons, protons and etc.; What a concept. I did not do very well in chemistry! But I am trying to understand because there is so much science in these small dimensions that scientist use today. That is interesting what you wrote about 'Fasting' and how it helps cells. Wow. 

I see you have a book & blog in you! Have you ever thought about using the aalbc  blog feature too!  

I don't know how it works. But I will look into it. Thanks.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:00 AM, Pioneer1 said:

@Pioneer1 LOL. That sounds kind of true! Some say that women mature at a faster rate than men.

But White men are far more controling of White women than they are even of Black women.

Oh No! I don't thinks so, @Pioneer1. NOt historically at all! For now, I am not quoting any sources but from what my memory tells me, the ancient Matriarchal Systems prove what you say to be completely wrong, when it comes to White people. It is only a recent conflict though, in which some White men have taken the lead and become dominant. White men, even if they are dominant still worship White women as being THE QUEEN BEE. 

• Like 1

Look at these little religious communities like the Mormons and Amish where they love to go off into rural areas and build their own compounds where they can have complete control outside of the law. 

White men will often KILL White women for getting disobeying them or not following cultural expectations.

@Pioneer1 The Mormon Movement and the Amish Movement are based on Religious conflicts out of Europe but they are relatively new movements that does show male dominance over younger women, but the wider more powerful White systems still operate under a Matriarchal System. 

Again, you're clouding and confusing the issue.
My criticizm of Mel isn't about how she dresses. My issue with her was HER criticizm of Muhammad Ali and other Black men who attempt to tell Black women how to dress because I didn't feel that she.....having been (or still is?) inlove with a White man and seeing him as the best....was qualified to do so. Her motives couldn't be trusted.

But I believe that you are 'one-sided' here. Mel is NOT White, and therefore, her assessment as a Black woman can absolutely be trusted! LOL. Her interactions with White people and Black people and her experiences are a part of what is going on in this world today. You believe that she 'worships White men' and my problem with this is that you are using her personal experiences to make conclusions on a very wide subject. White Supremacy is real, and Black support of this issue is also real, but your comments based off of her experiences that she is sharing is what I am addressing. I can understand if you were to say, that her statements seem like 'this or that', but you are being judgmental of one person's experience. That is wrong. And because you are dong this, I am choosing to turn the tables on you, so that maybe you can understand my problem with your approach. So, I am using your reaction the media attention on that Black man, pastor, about Arriane Grande.

@Pioneer1 You did not see anything wrong with that man's reaction, but yet, you are so judgmental against Black women in what they wear. That is a red flad, but you can't see it. Also, I brought out in this very thread, a story about Black young men dating non-Black girls for the Prom and neither you nor @Troy even paused!!! This is common here in America and goes all the way back, decades, to when I was in high school too. All of the popular guys took non-Black girls to the Prom and many of the popular Black girls did not go to the Prom because they had no dates! That is WHITE SUPREMACY! we all have issues here, both Black men and women and this is a conditioning, and a governmental issue. We all come to terms with issues about our government from different perspectives. What seems like worshiping White people might seem true to you, but it may not be that at all, regarding individuals. So, to form your opinions on an individual is not going to help the reality of White Supremacy at all. 

If every body Black only married Black people and if every body White only married White people, then that IMO would be a bigger problem. Interracial unions are beneficial to some extent but understanding where the line is drawn where it can be detrimential is the problem. But picking on an individual for choices they have taken is not going to solve the problem. I think it is important though, to here you views, but to attack someone you don't even know, does not help, but takes away from the conversation. That is what I believe.

Again, you're bringing up all of these other issues to DROWN OUT the main issue I'm speaking on which is that fact that you have Black women who worship White men and think they are superior.

I understand that, in the bigger scheme, this is a problem. But when some Black women have been abused by Black men, and then are treated better by other kinds of men, then you are not hearing that part of it. You are not mirrorring the situation properly. We as Black people came to be in America where the White man has gotten the upper hand. So, if Black men are conditioned to be 'the Buck' on the slaveyard and are rewarded for raping Black girls, then it may be that some Black women come to hate Black men and see the White master as the top. This issue lingers. I don't understand how you can't see this as part of the problem too. If a White man comes along and builds a relationship with a Black girl who has been abused by Black men, then how can you not see this dynamic. White Supremacy is a big issue, and to pinpoint one persons' experience as the basis to say they are wrong for what ever reason is not going to help the cause at all. But too discuss other avenues may be a better way for us to grow as Americans altogether.

1.jpg?resize=500,500

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Troy said:

Success is simply the accomplishment of a goal. Why are the people i described not sucessful?

@Troy If we were merely discussing the denotation of the word, successful; then you'd be correct.  As I mentioned, it's not my definition. I'm referring to the connotation of the word successful which includes integrity ... Those you've mentioned accomplished their goals. 

19 hours ago, Troy said:

You know at least one feminists who likes it how do YOU square that? Again, not all feminists are the same.

I asked you the following question (which you characteristicly ignored) del, because it informs YOUR belief in what a feminist should believe.

@Troy please include a quote from me. That supports your statement.

Because I NEVER DEFINED FEMINISM. 

19 hours ago, Troy said:

I asked you the following question (which you characteristicly ignored) del, 

18 hours ago, Delano said:

I will respond point by point. 

@Troy no response to a point by point answer. You are projecting when you say I don't answer your questions. Ok @Troy

Chev   @Chevdove

But I believe that you are 'one-sided' here. Mel is NOT White, and therefore, her assessment as a Black woman can absolutely be trusted!

It doesn't matter whether or not she's White, if she makes statements like "the best man" is a White man that automatically makes her biased towards White men; therefor any criticizm of Black men from her can't be trusted as being accurate and fair.

White Supremacy is real, and Black support of this issue is also real, but your comments based off of her experiences that she is sharing is what I am addressing. I can understand if you were to say, that her statements seem like 'this or that', but you are being judgmental of one person's experience.

My OPINION (not judgment) isn't based simply on her experiences. I don't know what she experienced I can only go by what she's said. My opinion is based on WHAT SHE HAS SAID.
She has made it clear that a White man is the BEST and KINDEST man. This is from her directly and is enough to prove that her motives for criticizing Black men should be questioned.

So, to form your opinions on an individual is not going to help the reality of White Supremacy at all.

Perhaps it may not CHANGE the reality......
But my identifying individuals who clearly see White people are supeior may help CLARIFY that reality so that people are not confused or decieved as to who is for White supremacy and who is against it.

Like a live hot power line laying on the ground.......
You may not be able to turn off the juice or move it out of the way, but if you put flairs and barriers around it to keep people from getting near it, that may save a lot of lives.

If every body Black only married Black people and if every body White only married White people, then that IMO would be a bigger problem. Interracial unions are beneficial to some extent but understanding where the line is drawn where it can be detrimential is the problem. But picking on an individual for choices they have taken is not going to solve the problem. I think it is important though, to here you views, but to attack someone you don't even know, does not help, but takes away from the conversation. That is what I believe.

Simply marrying someone of another race isn't the problem.
It's when comparing them to men of your own race you declare them BETTER....that's the problem.
It's not enough to simply find someone they love and be content and happy; they often go out of their way to ATTACK their own race and often  opposite sex of their own race out of anger or hatred. 

I understand that, in the bigger scheme, this is a problem. But when some Black women have been abused by Black men, and then are treated better by other kinds of men, then you are not hearing that part of it. You are not mirrorring the situation properly. We as Black people came to be in America where the White man has gotten the upper hand. So, if Black men are conditioned to be 'the Buck' on the slaveyard and are rewarded for raping Black girls, then it may be that some Black women come to hate Black men and see the White master as the top. This issue lingers. I don't understand how you can't see this as part of the problem too. If a White man comes along and builds a relationship with a Black girl who has been abused by Black men, then how can you not see this dynamic.

Again, you're trying to JUSTIFY and EXPLAIN AWAY why she believes that a White man is the best man instead of simply CONDEMNING it.

1. For the record, many Black men have also been AB-USED by Black women as well, but that's not an excuse to condemn Black women or declare White women as better and you won't catch me justifying it.

2. Much of what many of these women are calling "abuse" isn't really abuse at all but rather a misunderstanding. A misunderstanding of the nature of the opposite sex as well as a misunderstanding of gender roles.
If a man physically harms you that's clearly abuse, but if gets loud and angry from time to time or stares at other women in lust from time to time....is THAT abuse?
Or is that a man acting out his nature as a man?

In my observations, most Latina and Arab women KNOW their men and KNOW many of them tend to be very "macho" as part of their culture so they have learned HOW to talk to them to bring out better results from them and get along as a community. 
Too many AfroAmerican women instead of developing this same type of knowledge and understanding about the men of THEIR community would rather sit up and let White American women tell them how they should deal with their men and what they should expect and THIS is what's leading to most of the problems between AfroAmerican men and women.
.Listening to White women TELL you what you should expect from men even when they don't expect it from White men.

We need OUR OWN value system.

Troy

AfroAmericans may make up less than 20% of the population, but when the nation is nearly 400 million strong....that's still a HUGE minority.

Surely 50 million people could carve out enough enclaves even within the greater society to comfortably practice and promote any type of rites of passage or culture we devised without the least bit of disturbance from outside our community.....if that's what we REALLY desired.

Jews make up much less of the population but as you can attest to in New York they have their own commuities, hospitals, malls, and other social institutions where their cultures and rites are practiced relatively undisturbed and with minimal influence.

Delano

Can you PLEASE explain to me (us??) how feminism and non-compulsory pornography contradict eachother?

How did you come to this conclusion?

Delano

Can you PLEASE explain to me (us??) how feminism and non-compulsory pornography contradict eachother?

How did you come to this conclusion?

Can you show me where i made that statement? 

Context is important. I posted what feminist have to say about pornography both pro and con. 

I don't define or prescribe the position of groups of which i am not a member. 

@Delano so you are not a feminist? 

Does one have to be a woman to be a feminist?

Del you did write, "I don't know how many feminists you know, but it's is an issue." Which indicates familiarity with their (your) issues. 

Pornography is an "issue" with many people. You have admit that you made it seem like feminists have to be against porn. At least until you pasted quotes on both sides of the issue. That is why Pioneer is challenging your apparent position. 

I also knew a feminist who liked to look at porn. I Asked her how that worked she said i dont know but it turns me on

Can either @Troy or @Pioneer1 explain how a question becomes  a position statement?  Clearly anyone can answer but I wanted to hear the rationale from PaT (Pioneer and Troy )

@Delano so you are not a feminist

Here's the definition.  What would  you say @Troy

The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Del

Can you show me where i made that statement?
No, because you didn't make them; you implied them.

Context is important. I posted what feminist have to say about pornography both pro and con.
And you were asked REPEATEDLY how many feminists do you actually know to accurately determine what "feminist" have to say about pornography or any other given subject.
Yet you've REPEATEDLY failed to do so.

Then you must be a feminist since you're claiming to speak for their position on the matter of pornography.

Here's the definition. What would you say @Troy?

The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

I don't see the word pornography or anything even RELATED within this definition.

......and BOY has this thread evolved, lol.

@Delano I've already provided my rationale.  Pioneer gets it.  You don't. You simply refuse to see how you are coming across; and when one asks for clarification you dodge the questions, redirect, or otherwise obfuscate the issue.

Point in case: I asked you if you were a feminist. I want to know what YOU think, that is why I asked YOU.  Giving the a definition of the word does not answer the question  -- particular as it pertains to porn, which was the underlying issue which you've been avoiding.

@Pioneer1 🙂 yes this conversation has morphed, but it is all related.  Do you know that Black girls going to strip clubs, to hang out, is a thing?  I mean you'd always see a chick in a strip club, but this is now something that is a "mainstream" activity, like going to the movies. 

I mention this because it influences how we view Black women; strip clubs has influenced our popular music ala Cardi or Lil' Kim. One must realize that we are beginning to view the beauty of Black women through the lens of pornography.

More importantly this perspective is NOT of our making.  It is a standard that our corporate masters have put in place to appeal our more baser instincts to wring more profits out of us and it is working marvelously.

@Delano I've already provided my rationale.  Pioneer gets it.  You don't. You simply refuse to see how you are coming across; and when one asks for clarification you dodge the questions, redirect, or otherwise obfuscate the issue.

Wow i have given a point by point answer and yiu refuse to clarify or answer a question. Because your statements are clear to Pioneer. Ok Troy 

Also I have repeatedly said i don't speak for women. And based on the definition I don't consider myself a feminist. Although i think intersectionality as advanced by Audre Lorde and Angela Davis is a useful concept. 

Also I have repeatedly said i don't speak for women.

So don't speak for them.  Stop copying and pasting what others have written and speak for yourself.  Persumably when you do this you are advancing and idea that you've are thinking about -- otherwise why share the idea?

Are you a feminist and what is your option of porn @Delano

So don't speak for them.  Stop copying and pasting what others have written and speak for yourself.  Persumably when you do this you are advancing and idea that you've are thinking about -- otherwise why share the idea?

Are you a feminist and what is your option of porn @Delano

I am not your remote so ease up on the orders. 

Secondly I answered the question about whether i am a feminist. Just above this one. 

So is your inability to see my answers psychological, neurological or an intellectual blockage? 

So is your inability to see my answers psychological, neurological or an intellectual blockage

No I'm just human, and made a mistake. I obviously missed your answer, simply point iut the oversight wiuld have sufficed. I'm so accustomed to my questions not being answered by you. So you answered the feminist question. What about porn? Did i also miss your response to that question?

I am not your remote so ease up on the orders. 

What orders? im asking you to tell me what you think. Why is that request now an order?