45 Hit the Ball Out the Park Tonight

This is only the 2nd time I listened to 45 speak for more than 5 minutes.  The other time was when he gave that press conference where his intern was assaulted. LOL

If he is not thrown in jail first, I can easily see him winning, quite handily, in 2020.  

Man when he introduced those people he got out of jail, I almost forgot about the Central Park Five.

Black unemployment the lowest in history -- wow!  

Stacey Abrams is gonna have he work cut out for her with the Democratic response.

Not sure how well he did as I'm just now getting home and have to check it out for myself but.....

All this talk about Black unemployment being at it's lowest in history is a damn lie.
I remember myself when far more Black people were working in the late 70s and early 80s. than they are today and that's just the time period I've witnessed.   They are using DECEPTIVE unemployment figures that only count people who are receiving unemployment checks....meaning you were actually "laid off".  If you quit a job, got fired from a job, never had a job to begin with, or are locked up in jail where thousands of Black men are.....you're not considered "unemployed". 

The longer he remains in office, the more opportunities he'll have to pull rabbits out of the hat and tricks from up his sleaves to keep his position. One of his strategies is to find SOMETHING each group likes and touch on THAT issue in order to get support from all of them.

Dude the employment situation is jacked up, Many have given up looking and are not counted in the unemployment figures, wages are shit and benefits are nonexistent.  But that is not the point. 

This speech helps 45, will rally his base, and even get more people on board with him.

Let me know what you thank after you've heard it.

Abrams speech was fine, but did not directly address anything 45 said.  The bit about her father walking in the freezing rain after giving his only coat to a homeless man was a bit much LOL!  Her family only had one car -- poor baby how did they manage to survive!

• Thanks 1

I boycotted the speech.  i can't take looking at or listening to Trump for more than a few minutes.  I figure i could watch the highlights on the news. i instead watched the first episodes of the Soul Train story on BET, a mini-series dramatizing the career of Don Cornelius and the ascendancy of his legendary dance party.  I found it rather boring.   Hardly a satisfactory alternative for me. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Troy said:

Man when he introduced those people he got out of jail, I almost forgot about the Central Park Five.

Black unemployment the lowest in history -- wow!  

@Troy Really!?

I remember the Central Park Five. Trump mentioned them!? Black unemployment!?

Okay, WOW! I guess I need to listen! 

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

The longer he remains in office, the more opportunities he'll have to pull rabbits out of the hat and tricks from up his sleaves to keep his position. One of his strategies is to find SOMETHING each group likes and touch on THAT issue in order to get support from all of them.

@Pioneer1 I didn't listen to the speech yet, but you make a good point!

7 hours ago, Troy said:

This speech helps 45, will rally his base, and even get more people on board with him.

I hope it will be affective support and not like that of Ben Carson or Kanye.

You aint miss anything really.

But if 45 continues to read what he is given, without going off script,  manage to stay out of jail, continue to gerrymander democrats out of existance, and continue the use of Russian trolls. He has a very good shot in 2020. 

6 minutes ago, Troy said:

You aint miss anything really.

But if 45 continues to read what he is given, without going off script,  manage to stay out of jail, continue to gerrymander democrats out of existance, and continue the use of Russian trolls. He has a very good shot in 2020. 

He wouldn't have lasted in office THIS long if it weren't for the fact that most of the Caucasian Democrats REALLY are supporting him and helping to keep him in office.  .....including Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

That's one of the reasons so many young Democrats of color didn't want Pelosi to regain the position of House Speaker and fought with other Democrats bitterly over this issue; because they knew she's continue to play this "game" with him of merely PRETENDING to oppose him.

If Trump even runs again....because I don't think he even has the desire to do the job anymore.....the ONLY way he'll get the popular vote in 2020 is if AfroAmericans become so depressed, discouraged, and apathetic that they do the same thing they did in 2016 but only in greater numbers.

Honestly, if any Republican gets in office in 2020 I think the one most likely to get the spot will be Pence. He's sitting back being quiet waiting for the "process" to play out so that HE can be next in line either due to impeachment or by election. I don't like his policies but I certainly think he's Presidential in terms of looks and demeanor.

Kamala Harris is a Democratic joke.
She's a woman of color.....which color I'm not sure, lol.....but if most White women weren't ready to get behind one of their OWN women for President (Clinton) what makes you think they would get behind Kamala?
They'll get behind Elizabeth Warren before they get behind Kamala.
I think Corey Booker has a better chance than Kamala, but I don't think he'll get it either.

At this point, I'm really not sure which Democrat will take the lead but it probably doesn't matter because I truly believe
that events will transpire to put Pence in the spot as President after Trump either prematurely or in 2020.

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

He wouldn't have lasted in office THIS long if it weren't for the fact that most of the Caucasian Democrats REALLY are supporting him and helping to keep him in office.  .....including Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

That's  pure nonsense.  Nancy Pelosi is kickin Trump's ass, outing him for the megalomaniac that he is, and is holding fast on not funding his wall. All the dissident Democrats are coming to appreciate her skills. Why would you think the 2 top Democrats would want to aid and abet Trump when they have party leaders who are so much more qualified and deserving of being president. And forget all of that played out rhetoric about the 2-headed monster.  It's a new day out there, thanks to Donald Trump who puts self above country.  There is very real concern among powerful whites in high places  that retaining Trump as president is not in the best domestic or global interest of America, and the majority of the population black and white want him gone, - want the breaks to be put on his race toward a fascist dictatorship. 

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Honestly, if any Republican gets in office in 2020 I think the one most likely to get the spot will be Pence. He's sitting back being quiet waiting for the "process" to play out so that HE can be next in line either due to impeachment or by election. I don't like his policies but I certainly think he's Presidential in terms of looks and demeanor.

Pence is too wedded to the Evangelical agenda and, because he is a true conservative, there's a lot of talk about him being even worse than Trump considering how he governed the state of Indiana where he invoked a lot of hate.  Recently-elected Senator Mitt Romney has a better chance because he is a middle of the road moderate who will appeal to a broader base not only in his own party but in the country at large.  He also has name-recognition and a squeaky-clean image.

Cynique

How is Pelosi kicking his ass when not only is impeachment pretty much off the table as far as she's concerned but she made a concession with him to open the government back up and she was clapping every 5 minutes for him at his SOTU speech?
Seems to me she's more eager to work with him than lead the opposition from the "opposition party".

There is very real concern among powerful whites in high places that retaining Trump as president is not in the best domestic or global interest of America, and the majority of the population black and white want him gone

Here you go assuming what the majority of White people want or feel.
He's the same today as he was 3 years ago when the MAJORITY of White people voted for him, so why would you think that now all of a sudden after he's pretty much doing much of what he said he was going to do that his White supporters would change and turned coat?

If his election to office taught you anything it should have been that most White people LOVE Trump regardless of his economic policies, because of what he represents which is unapologetic White dominance.

Pence is too wedded to the Evangelical agenda and, because he is a true conservative, there's a lot of talk about him being even worse than Trump considering how he governed the state of Indiana where he invoked a lot of hate. Recently-elected Senator Mitt Romney has a better chance because he is a middle of the road moderate who will appeal to a broader base not only in his own party but in the country at large.

The fact that Pence is a clear cut conservative is what makes him so attractive to most real Republicans and conservatives both Black and White. They know where he stands so his policies and positions....like them or not....will be more stable and reliable.
People like reliability and consistency.

And as far as Romney......
I don't make it a habit of going around using "Trumpisms" but when it comes to federal elections and appointments like even Trump said about him- "the guy doesn't even know HOW to win", lol.
Everytime he gets near a federal position he fucks it up.....lol.
He best keep his ass overthere in Utah, chill with the Mormons, and be quiet.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

How is Pelosi kicking his ass when not only is impeachment pretty much off the table as far as she's concerned but she made a concession with him to open the government back up and she was clapping every 5 minutes for him at his SOTU speech?
Seems to me she's more eager to work with him than lead the opposition from the "opposition party".

Well, that doesn't seem to be to be the case for me. OK? Who says Nancy wants an impeachment?  An impeachment is too risky because the Republican senate would exonerate Trump and he would could come out smelling like a rose.  Nor is she any more eager to work with Trump than he is to work with her and he's made concessions to her.  But she ain't budging on that wall. And she was not clapping for everything he said! And last but not least, she locked his ass out of the house of representatives and told him he couldn't deliver his state of the Union Speech until he agreed to open the Government back up!   Nothing you say is in agreement with any newcasts but Fox. I trust the analysis of CNN and MSNBC and the general consensus on social medias more than i do you because you are certainly no more astute or smarter than they are.  You just think you are. Yes, Trump is a force to be reckoned with, but Nancy is holding her own with him, something he implies himself.  

There is very real concern among powerful whites in high places that retaining Trump as president is not in the best domestic or global interest of America, and the majority of the population black and white want him gone

Here you go assuming what the majority of White people want or feel.
He's the same today as he was 3 years ago when the MAJORITY of White people voted for him, so why would you think that now all of a sudden after he's pretty much doing much of what he said he was going to do that his White supporters would change and turned coat?If his election to office taught you anything it should have been that most White people LOVE Trump regardless of his economic policies, because of what he represents which is unapologetic White dominance.

And here you  go making the very assumptions you are accusing me of doing.  I said powerful forces are against him and they count for a lot.  Why would his election teach me that most white people love Trump?  The only people who like him are his core supporters who do not make up the majority of whites in this country. The stay at home voters apparently didn't love him. You are as bad as Trump and his boot lickin lackey Sean Hannity. If Trump is re-elected it will be because too many Democrats are running to replace him and the vote will be split.  

Pence is too wedded to the Evangelical agenda and, because he is a true conservative, there's a lot of talk about him being even worse than Trump considering how he governed the state of Indiana where he invoked a lot of hate. Recently-elected Senator Mitt Romney has a better chance because he is a middle of the road moderate who will appeal to a broader base not only in his own party but in the country at large.

The fact that Pence is a clear cut conservative is what makes him so attractive to most real Republicans and conservatives both Black and White. They know where he stands so his policies and positions....like them or not....will be more stable and reliable.
People like reliability and consistency.
Are you aware that there are Liberal and Moderates and Democrats and Independents out there who don't like Pence and carry just as much weight as those who you claim prefer him??  Obviously you like him because he epitomized white haired old Caucasian men who look dignified and presidential - the type you subconsciously revere.   
And as far as Romney......
I don't make it a habit of going around using "Trumpisms" but when it comes to federal elections and appointments like even Trump said about him- "the guy doesn't even know HOW to win", lol.
Everytime he gets near a federal position he fucks it up.....lol.
He best keep his ass overthere in Utah.

What federal position has Romney fucked up?  He was a 2-term governor and he did just win a senate seat.  He lost the presidency to a popular incumbent.   You don't realize how much like Trump you are.  

1951172323_nancypelosi.jpg.852426241cec6a71d6b2830723a9e0c8.jpg

Cynique

What federal position has Romney fucked up?

Besides running for President twice and losing, he was offered several jobs in Trump's cabinet and I've heard that even Obama offered him some federal positions but after a meeting or two with both he didn't get those positions.

But if he managed to snag himself a seat in the Senate then perhaps the "curse" is broken, lol.

I don't trust Fox anymore than I trust the rest of them, I trust what I see and have been observing from Pelosi and Schumer for YEARS. They play games and PRETEND to oppose the right-wing policies of the GOP all the while enabling them through the backdoor.

Making baby faces and clapping at him is just her trying to be cute....as usual; but not putting up a REAL fight or opposition to his policies. And again, many of the incoming younger Democrats KNEW this already and this is why they so vehemently opposed her leadership. They knew it would just be more acting and business as usual...which I'm sure is what happened at the SOTU address the other night.

Just because most White people MAY have stayed home instead of bothering to vote doesn't mean they don't support Trump or his policies. Look at those Coventing Kentuky highschool boys who were mocking that Native American man a few weeks ago. They weren't old enough to vote but they all had Make America Great Again caps on. You don't have to be a voter to be a supporter of Trump and his policies.

You don't know what you're talking about.   Nancy silenced all the opposition in the party because she's been around long enough to know how to handle business which is why they all eventually deferred to her. Why in the world would you think she's on Trump's side?    If she shared his philosophy she'd be a Republican, but she's a staunch Democrat of long standing who has paid her dues. And i repeat, she did lock him out of the house of representatives, not allowing him to give his state of the union address until he opened the government back up.    And why would people stay home and not vote for Trump if they were so supportive of him? You don't know what the majority of white Americans think of him.   And your cheerleading for Pence is ill-founded.  I'm not wasting any more time arguing with you. Believe what you want to believe. What you think is not important.

12 minutes ago, Cynique said:

I'm not wasting any more time arguing with you.

Now you're on the right track B)

And if you'll take it a step further.......
Besides no longer arguing against it but actually ACCEPTING what I tell you as valuable knowledge that will give you more insight into what would otherwise be considered political confusion, you'd REALLY be in good shape!
Infact, you could actually have a decent political discussion without the risk of looking like disoriented fool, lol.

Nancy Pelosi is a political actress.

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

And if you'll take it a step further.......
Besides no longer arguing against it but actually ACCEPTING what I tell you as valuable knowledge that will give you more insight into what would otherwise be considered political confusion, you'd REALLY be in good shape!
Infact, you could actually have a decent political discussion without the risk of looking like disoriented fool, lol.

Nancy Pelosi is a political actress.

You are not a font of valuable knowledge. You are no more knowledgeable than the  people who influence my views.  Everything you say, every argument you make on any subject can be disputed and dismantled, but you are so deluded so shackled by your ego-centric obstinancy  that you can't conceive of ever being wrong. Your whole little pathetic world of opinionated garbage would collapse if you did.  Anybody who cites Elijah Muhammad as an authority on anything is proof of how gullible you are in groveling to anyone who feeds your silly paranoid ideas.  The dumb little mistakes that you make on a consistent basis are an indication of how your confused mind works when it comes to the big things you unsuccessfully attempt to expound on. And to call Nancy Pelosi a political actress is an example of your myopia.  Everybody in politics is acting.  But all of them don't succeed in the roles they play.  

Your idea of a "decent political discussion" is everybody being in awe of you, transfixed by your pontificating, accepting everything you utter as the indisputable truth. Get outta here.