Guest Comment

Guest Loren Carle

Guests

(IP: 204.113.88.245)

This guest post was buried in the "Black Women are Beautiful' thread, invisible because it had not been approved by a monitor. I rarely exercise my monitor privilege on this site but this was an interesting commentary so i took the liberty of approving it and hope Troy doesn't have a problem with my doing so.  Cynique.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 1 hour ago

This topic hurts my heart. I am a white man, and so feel that very little I have to say in the matter will be helpful. However, here goes.

My personal response over the few decades of my adult life has been a decision to have my natural facial hair, and a relaxed attitude to my head hair. I don't spend any money on shaving stuff, and ask my wife to cut my beard the way she likes best once in a while. I keep my head hair in some kind of reasonable state of tidiness, without thinking too much about it. I used to have it long and in a braid, hoping for solidarity with Native American men. I'm not sure anymore that the effect of a long, thin blonde braid on a white man with a red beard was the desired one. I recognise that I probably experience a lot of privilege in making these decisions, but I hope it's one way that I can reject the privilege afforded to shaven, short-haired white men.

The difficulty seems to lie in black women being forced to choose their battles. Do their employers or co-workers comment on their self-presentation in ways that give them fear for their income that supports their children? This is what should not be!

I would like to hear from black women about this topic. If we men, of any origin, presume to tell any women how they should appear, it's just the same old sad story of men presuming to dictate how women should present themselves, expressing the same old sick power dynamic. We gotta just stop, guys, and love the women and men we love by honouring their dignity with acceptance, support, and appreciation of their own personal aesthetic—wait for it—choices.

What we can do is examine work on our own attitudes honestly and privately, without looking for kudos (or to get laid) for being woke: nobody owes us anything. We need then to notice how those attitudes are reflected in whom we find attractive, and whether and how we express that attraction.

peace

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

The difficulty seems to lie in black women being forced to choose their battles.

To Guest  Poster, Thank you for this statement. 

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

Do their employers or co-workers comment on their self-presentation in ways that give them fear for their income that supports their children? This is what should not be!

Another great comment and in my experience this happens in so many other ways too! I remember when I was in high school for two years in Texas before my father was transferred to another state, how one day, over the intercom, the principal announced a new school rule-- even though, I did not do this, it was happening, but for a reason:

He said that 'no one was allowed to come to school with hair rollers. LOL. Now, at this time, I didn't need to do this because my mother said she had gotten tired of dealing with my sisters and me and our Nappy hair, so out of the blue, she drove us to her friend a beautician, sat us down in the chair and we were all given 'RELAXERS'. Trouble was, at this time, relaxers were kind of new and, well, it really wasn't a relaxer for BLack AFrican Hair, but it was really 'A PERM'. So, our hair became brittle and eventually, short. But in texas, a lot of black girls still wore the large afros but, the climate in Texas is horrible on natural hair in the morning. So a lot of Black girls would cover their hair rollers with scarves and then to into the cool building bathroom, take the rollers out and all was well. So, the Black students voiced their opinions, loudly in this way:

And, I was a witness to this occurrence, every day, all throughout the day. Every time I went into the bathroom, my eyes would burn and tears would flow. I would cough and this is because, many of the White girls at this time, were obssessed with 'THE FARAH FAUCETTE HAIRDO' and in order to hold this style, they would bring cans and cans of hair spray, go into the bathroom and spray and spray and spray!!! LOL. So, when the principal made the new school rule against the Black girls, this was their defense!!! No one even gave it a thought about what the White girls were doing, but all the negative attention went towards the Black girls who wanted to rock the big Jayne Kennedy fro.

So, while I do believe that there should be some type of standard and I would not like it if this 'free choice' included Black men suddenly styling thier hair with relaxers as @NubianFellow so amazingly showed the other viewpoint, I do feel that Black women are attacked more than anyone else.

• Like 2

Loren (if you're reading this thread)

Lol, I haven't met too many men (Black or White) who call themselves "Loren" but.....

As is typical, you're saying all the "right" things to make people like and respect you.
You're definately saying what Black women WANT to hear, and I wouldn't have expected you to say anything other than that.
After all....that's how you were able to.......well.....never mind.

But I'm curious as to why you as a White man want or atleast wanted "solidarity" with Native Americans?

Chev

What color/race was this school Principle?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Lol, I haven't met too many men (Black or White) who call themselves "Loren" but.....

You are assuming that he "calls himself Loren".  Does it ever occur to you that "Loren" was what he was named by his parents? When it's spelled "Loren" and not "Lauren", this name can be male or female.  

And speaking of spelling, the word is spelled "definitely" not "definately" as i have repeatedly called to your attention.  You are so quick to parse words and give their root, why don't you investigate the Latin etymology of this word.   Of course you will refuse to do this because this little lapse is a clue as to why your mind works the way it does when it comes to big  issues.  

@Pioneer1 get out more. Meet people outside your culture, age, geography. I actually know several male "Lorens." There is even one on the site Dr. Loren Due.

I approved an account for @Loren Carle so if he comes back he'll see that tag hopefully react to your replies; take what is meaningful and throw away the rest (side eyeing you know who 😉).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Delano you should know by now, other than trolls and spammers, i don't place any restrictions on what people say here. That would defeat the purpose. 

Obviously I  dont agree with everthing people say here. When you deny climate change I don't delete your posts, i want to better understand your reasoning maybe hear something i dont know.

Look if I or any of you want to read only things that fit your world view, go to Facebook.

For example, @NubianFellow's reaction to the white guy's was quite harsh and a weak person might be put off to the point that wo n't reply. If you are too intimidated to reply then this forum is not for you...again there is always Facebook. @Cynique came through and explained why Nubian's reaction was misguided.  

That exchange between two smart and talented writers (Nubian and Cynique) was much better that me deleting a post and the exchange never taking place.  

The "tone" I set Del is free expression. The benefit is in the diversity of expression. Me "setting the tone" is the opposite if that.

• Like 2

To the forum, I apologize if I seemed harsh and full of emotion in addressing the guest. I was actually hoping he might challenge me and open up meaningful dialogue. I am expanding my consciousness everyday and always welcome learning other's ideas and perspectives. Sometimes I may push too hard and apologize if anyone was offended. I think I got too wrapped up in the engagement with all of these smart minds and it is refreshing to speak with so many black intellectuals with their own unique perspectives and views. I have really learned so much from everyone who has participated.

I do respect an open forum and believe that will open up conversation for others who may wish to express themselves as well. I agree that we need to be respectful so if I disrespected anyone or anyone feels I offended them in any way, then I sincerely apologize. I just look at as all of us being extended family and sometimes I forget and start talking as if I'm chilling at family barbecue. Lol

(Even my family doesn't like it when I talk about how much of a sellout Obama is! LOL)

Yeah I'll post links Mel. 

Troy nit certain how respect equals censorship in your mind. But ok ,it is what it is. 

Nubian it's a dynamic. Loren is aware of the perception of a white guy participating. Your response makes his participation less likely. Plus he doesn't sound like the enemy. 

Just as a general comment. Disagreement is fine but at times it feels like I am having a two sided monologue. 

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

What color/race was this school Principle?

@Pioneer1 In Texas, or in that part of Texas, he was definitely White--Lily White.

The high school was predominantly White and Mexican, almost 50% for both, with only a very small minority of Black students.

However, the Black community was very strong. A lot of the Black students were well rounded students, and a significant aspect of 

the school programs, such as the sports programs, and the marching band and etc. 

The Black community did not rely only on the school programs for their children, but had a strong community base.

The different Church communities would come together and have social functions for the Black kids. They would pass out

invitations for social functions like 'dances', 'recitals', beauty competitions, and etc. and there was always a big attendance.

They would send buses, vans, and cars, around the community to pick up students for these functions and different churches would

host certain affairs. It was one of the best experiences of my life. There was a lot of confidence amongst the Black kids in this community.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Delano said:

Troy nit certain how respect equals censorship in your mind.

This statement is confusing @Delano and it seems to inidicate that you really did not understand my last reply. Perhaps someone else can explain this to Del....?

6 hours ago, Delano said:

Disagreement is fine but at times it feels like I am having a two sided monologue

This is probably because to don't answer question and go off on tangents. Like the recent Cosby case you condemn me for supporting a rapist while comlpletely missing the point that I disagree with the grounds for his conviction. While i know you disapprove of his overall behavior, as do i, I still don't know what you think about the case becuase you refuse to view it in isoltation or respond to my question about it. 

@NubianFellow you call Obama a sellout in public around other Black people-- that is you rappeal in my mind on the forum you are fearlesss.  People get way too emotional when you criticize Obama, so i don't even bother....

Again, Nubian's combined response to @Loren Carle's post is far more nuansed and complex beause he is human (I hope Loren appreciates it).  People want black and white, uncomplicated answers, but people and opinions are usually not that simple... that is what Twitter is for. 

Bill Cosby admitted to buying drugs to use on young women that he was going to have sex. Some were starlets that he offered to help. He drugged them rapped then and then bought their silence. What part isnt clear. Je has joked about drugging women on three separate occasions. Two of which i posted. I had heard he was nasty pice if work by a friwnd who worked in the industry. Yiu think he doesn't belong in jail, okay. All if that sounds pretty clear. Perhaps it is not I yhat needs someone to clarify the situation. 

9 hours ago, Delano said:

Nubian it's a dynamic. Loren is aware of the perception of a white guy participating. Your response makes his participation less likely.

@Delano It's just contradictory to certain key words that have been splashed around to define white men. Some words I will reflect on are words like "superior" and "strong." On a post about acknowledging the beauty of black women. LOL If these beliefs were true then certainly I wouldn't be able to scare him off. Wouldn't that be more like "weak" or "inferior" if the man runs away from opposition? That doesn't sound like the confident and supreme behavior I've been reading about them on the posts that have been used to describe them to me. But I actually felt I went easy on the dude. If I was able to scare him away so easily, what does that say about him? It also would have been silly for him to oppose the topic and not expect opposition. A "superior" person would know better... lol  So if this guy is a real person and not a troll who is claiming his supremacy among certain types of black women, then I am sure I didn't scare him away.

10 hours ago, Delano said:

Plus he doesn't sound like the enemy. 

I am sure our ancestors said the same thing brotha. But the universe is fair and for every action there is a reaction.

@NubianFellow I don't think this guy has seen these posts.  What i liked about him was that he was secure enough to not take himself too seriously. He poked fun at himself, and seemed mostly to be motivated by the "me too" movement, wanting to give women their due; black ones in particular.  You and Pioneer were immediately on the defensive, with Pioneer right off the bat, insinuating about his gender, and you drilling and criticizing him, insecure reactions because you both regarded him as threat in spite of the fact that his approach was not aggressive. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 2:38 AM, Troy said:

Again if someone can relate to Del my position on this matter, I'd appreciate, because I give up.

Join the club 

Nubian you are attacking a man that suggested you listen to the choices Black Women make. Okay. 

Thanks Cynique your post encapsulated everything I felt. 

• Like 1

Perhaps someone else can explain this to Del....?

Ok, I'll give it a try.............

Del

Since you know about finance, I'll explain it in economic terms......
Troy believes the best approach to promote free thought and critical dialog is to have a laizee faire "hands off" approach.
Critique is often what adds flavor to dialog and those who aren't strong enough to handle occasional critique shouldn't participate in it.

Further more, although he didn't say it I BELIEVE he sees respect as a very abstract concept that means different things to different people and if he starts exerting too much influence over people in the name of what he believes to be "respect" it would probably offend and infringe on what others believe is perfectly fine speech; so trying to enforce or even promote "respect" it's too slippery of a slope to go down.

Yiu are attacking a man thsy suggested you listen to the choices Black Women make.

And you are DEFENDING a man you know little about nor do you even know his motives.
I believe you said "he doesn't sound" like an enemy; but what is an enemy supposed to sound like?

Troy

so if he comes back he'll see that tag hopefully react to your replies; take what is meaningful and throw away the rest (side eyeing you know who 😉).

Don't look at me, I SUPPORT diversity...lol.

Nubian

I do respect an open forum and believe that will open up conversation for others who may wish to express themselves as well. I agree that we need to be respectful so if I disrespected anyone or anyone feels I offended them in any way, then I sincerely apologize.

If you simply CHALLENGE this "nice" White man, some of the women on here will take offense to it.

Like you said, if someone is truly superior they can confidently withstand any challenge.
If he can't take the heat he shouldn't come into the kitchen.

But what I've noticed that just like the Adam and Eve myth....satan came at the WOMAN first and tricked her into helping bring down the man.
Notice how a lot of these people sweet talk and cozy up to the women first and get THEM on thier side because they know most brothers will follow.

@Chevdove
Chev

Was this time period you speak of the 70s or early 80s?
That was a time there was a lot of Black pride and Black unity among the youth.
Back in the 70s, almost every highschool with Black students had it's own Black newspaper !

Cynique

What i liked about him was that- You can end it right there, lol.

You LIKE him, so anything else you say after that is clearly a result of your bias and love for this......man..... whom except for his race you know little else about.

But you DO know you LIKE him.....lol.

But what I've noticed that just like the Adam and Eve myth....satan came at the WOMAN first and tricked her into helping bring down the man.

@Pioneer1 I don't understand why you would even use this as an example if you don't believe there is any truth to it, and more importantly, if you believe it has to do with White 'Caucasians'. This is hard for me to even grasp, when I try to imagine a White woman tricking a White man in order to dominate the White man... that makes no sense to me because that is not their history. White women don't try to dominate White men in the same way as our story, the Black story. 

But this was one of my first thoughts regarding the conversation going on between @Troy and @Delano regarding Bill Cosby.

It makes me think about the 'Date Rape' scend depicted in the Garden of Eden in which Eve was also blamed for her part as well as that 'being' that she later claimed had deceived her. I agree that Bill Cosby is creepy, creepy, creepy!!!--But it seems like some of those women were in agreement when it came to the sex, however, drugs came into the picture and so, because I didn't follow the stories, I really don't know. But Troy is seeming to say that Cosby was convicted on the basis of one woman, of whom, in the past, took 'hush money' but later, she changed her mind. And it seems like a Double Jeopardy then too. Then on the other hand, Del seems to be showing how Cosby drugged these women and raped them and this is the core issue, that is so wrong. 

Was this time period you speak of the 70s or early 80s?

Yes, this was in the 70s.

If you simply CHALLENGE this "nice" White man, some of the women on here will take offense to it.

LOL! You crazy you know that right lol!

Pioneer I was looking for someone to hel explain position on the results of the Cisby trail on  manner the Del could understand. I think he is ckear on my approach to moderating the forum. He just disagrees with it.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

You can end it right there, lol.

You LIKE him, so anything else you say after that is clearly a result of your bias and love for this......man..... whom except for his race you know little else about.

But you DO know you LIKE him.....lol.

@Pioneer1You delivered a cheap shot, making snide reference to the white guy's gender because you are so envious and bitter. Your transparency is glaring.  i do not indiscriminately like white men. That's your rationale for my dissing you while tolerating a civil white guy who was sincere in his curiosity about black women. i wed and was married to a black man for 50 years and would rather be in the company of Troy or Del or Nubian Fellow or Gibran or Kalexander  than any white man i know.  i appreciate anyone with a droll wit and Lorne's self-effacing references to his blond pony tail and red beard were humorous . Something you are too obtuse and goofy to appreciate. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

BELIEVE he sees respect as a very abstract concept that means different things to different people and if he starts exerting too much influence over people in the name of what he believes to be "respect" it would probably offend and infringe on what others believe is perfectly fine speech; so trying to enforce or even promote "respect" it's too slippery of a slope to go down

That's ironic coming from you and directed at me. Since you didn't feel that way about Kalexander2 insulting your mother. As I recall you were prepared to fight over words from someone you never met. And everyone had an opinion on the matter. Did you or Anyone else say that it was fine? 

You have said my memory is faulty. So please correct an errors or presuppositions that you see.

Or is respect only abstract, when requested for those you hold in contempt. 

@Pioneer1 

Laissez-faire is more of an economic term than a financial one. I believe it's also a philosophical one as well. 

12 hours ago, Delano said:

That's ironic coming from you and directed at me. Since you didn't feel that way about Kalexander2 insulting your mother. As I recall you were prepared to fight over words from someone you never met. And everyone had an opinion on the matter. Did you or Anyone else say that it was fine? 

You have said my memory is faulty. So please correct an errors or presuppositions that you see.

Or is respect only abstract, when requested for those you hold in contempt. 

@Pioneer1 

Laissez-faire is more of an economic term than a financial one. I believe it's also a philosophical one as well. 

But that was between me and him.
I didn't ask for any moderator to get involved with that situation or to resolve it.

..and I'm STILL DEMANDING AN APOLOGY!.

What you're asking for is for Troy to have a more hands-on approach and possibly discipline/punish people who don't show what YOU believe to be respect.

And this also goes more into what I've frequently said about why so many women like other heavily moderated websites where they can point out people they don't like and have then punished or banned.

29 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

And this also goes more into what I've frequently said about why so many women like other heavily moderated websites where they can point out people they don't like and have then punished or banned.

If that was the case on this site, you would've been banished long ago.  You are not a threat to the woman on this board. You are still around because you provide us with ongoing opportunities to debunk the dumb ideas of the type of men you are representative of.  LOL

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

But that was between me and him.
I didn't ask for any moderator to get involved with that situation or to resolve it.

You are wrong. This is a public forum and that was a toxic display of Black self hatred. Which had a negative impact on everyone on the site. 

You don't have a sense of perspective beyond your own feelings and experience. Thise arent leadership qualities Pioneer. 

You exceed in rhetiric but your logic is faulty at least in my opinion. 

When Black men talk about the solutions for Black people. And i think one of two things generally. They should learn to listen and develop both compassion and understanding. Or just let women run things. 

Read a little about Huey Newton, up until the drugs he did both, he married his desire to protect Black people with a vision a plan and action. 

I agree with Troy get out beyond your circle. It will expand your perspective. It worked for countless Black Musicians and el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz or not. 

On 2/21/2019 at 1:07 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Like you said, if someone is truly superior they can confidently withstand any challenge.
If he can't take the heat he shouldn't come into the kitchen

57 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

..and I'm STILL DEMANDING AN APOLOGY

He was clear about looking for and exploiting weakness. 

He doesn't respect or fear you enough to apologise.

You are the only person he turned out on the page. He found that chink in your armour. Which is obvious because displays of strengths also illuminate weakness. 

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

What you're asking for is for Troy to have a more hands-on approach and possibly discipline/punish people who don't show what YOU believe to be respect.

That is what I want to know.

I'm STILL DEMANDING AN APOLOGY!.

Don't hold your breath LOL!

4 hours ago, Delano said:

You should think about frequenting more moderated discussions, where the discussions aren't so [confrontational]. 

Yes I think Disney host a discussion forum...

@DelanoI have yet to be on a discussion forum that at some point did not become confrontational?

One the website proper I'm often attacked.  This posts I generally delete because they service no purpose.  Recently on one of the sites web pages someone left this comment:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/aalbc/books_by_african_american_or_black_writers_coming_out_soon_62/#comment-4340853637

"It is astonishing to me that you have no poetry on this list by the Cave Canem..."

Out the gate the guy was hyper-critical, but I left the message because it gave me an opportunity to correct him and help others understand the site better.  As part of the exchange I actually discovered an poetry I was previously unaware of who I've since dded to the site. I've said it before -- you can;t learn from someone who agrees with everything you believe. 

Often I observe people who take out rude and critical often change their tune when I reply -- they realize this site actually has an individual behind it.  Sometime people just want to vent.

In the early days of the net "flame wars" was a common thing. But you probably don't recall those days.

Why do I have to defend the idea of being respectful to one another? 

And you wonder why more women don't post. 

Thank you again  for an illuminating discourse. 

Respect isn't about how I feel it's about how the other person feels. This inability for empathy or consideration for the other person's needs and feelings are akin to the approach of racists, sexists and misogynists. 

Who can't see their actions clearly either. 

Come on man, you are really going off the deep end here. 

First, you have limited experience with forums including this one. The lack of partipcipation is due to a wide variety of factors, the least of which is our manner of communication.

A decade ago the forum had much more controversy and the posts were so racy Google banned me from serving ads on the entire domain. Look it up,  it is still online http://thumperscorner.com there were far more regular posters then and forum was often laugh out loud funny. @Cynique am i lying?

Why so morose all of a sudden? 

Delano

You are the only person he turned out on the page. He found that chink in your armour. Which is obvious because displays of strengths also illuminate weakness.

Anyone who claims someone isn't their enemy simply because they "don't sound" like one has no business trying to lecture someone else about conflict strategy, weakness, and chinks in their armor....lol.

Infact, aren't YOU the same one who threw a hissy fit about K Alexander's assuming you didn't go to college and suggesting that you needed to futher your education?????

You are wrong. This is a public forum and that was a toxic display of Black self hatred. Which had a negative impact on everyone on the site.

Man, you have the analytical skills of a John Deere lawn mower....lol.

First of all, you accuse someone of being "wrong" about something they never said in the first place.

Second, the ONLY one on this site sensitive enough for our conflict to have had a negative "impact" on was probably YOU.....because you're just THAT sensitive.

Like a little kid who can't stand to see grown folks fighting and covers their ears as the run into the other room, lol.

I though you said you were going to stop disputing with people and was going to take on a more observatory role.....but here you are attacking my posts and hashing up old conflicts out of the blue.

Here I am asking Loren Carle a few questions and all of a sudden YOU jump out of the bushes and on the attack as if any challenge to him is a challenge to you....lol.

Image result for stephen django unchained

"What's the matta boss....is dat negro givin' US a problem?"

13 hours ago, Troy said:

First, you have limited experience with forums including this one

@Troy tell us about my limited experience with forums. Don't leave anything out. 

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Man, you have the analytical skills of a John Deere lawn mower....lol

And you're the grass. 

• Haha 1

@Delano your statement reveals a lack of experience with forums -- including this one.  I'm quite confident I have far more experience and as a result a much broader and deeper experience and perspective as result.  If you like to share some of the depth of your experience I'd like to read it..., I'll wait.

My experience, for example, predates the WWW and goes back to days of bulletin boards and acoustic couplers, plus over 20 years of running this forum and moderating the comments left all over this website (which you may be completely oblivious to). Then there is my blog and social media site like YouTube where I have to moderate comments. Obviously I participate on other forums. 

Understanding your experience Del will help me understand how you justify so easily discounting what I've related to you.

1 hour ago, Delano said:

And you're the grass. 

That was a good one!  Glad you have not lost you sense of humor LOL!

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Infact, aren't YOU the same one who threw a hissy fit about K Alexander's assuming you didn't go to college and suggesting that you needed to futher your education?

True dat!

Guys, what was it about K2 that ruffled your feathers so?  Was it because he was new and came with guns blazing without showing you any deference?

Troy 

19 hours ago, Troy said:

First, you have limited experience with forums including this one. 

Troy can you please tell us all what my experience is online. Since you have stated I have limited experience with forums. 

@Cynique

4 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano your statement reveals a lack of experience with forums -- including this one.  I'm quite confident I have far more experience and as a result a much broader and deeper experience and perspective as result.  If you like to share some of the depth of your experience I'd like to read it..., I'll wait.

Troy you have made a statement based on your perception of me on your site. So can you please tell me what my experience is outside of this site. Since you have said that twice. Although now you ate asking me what my experience online is. Veey smooth transition. Will you switch it to a question, that yiu will say I refuse to answer.. 

Thereby trying to cover the fact that you made an amazingly either prescient or uninformed statement

about my behaviour from one data point. It is not I who is avoiding a direct question, @Troy

Just waiting for rhe redirect, where you say its a rgetiricak statement or hyperbole because you have no way of knowing or answering  my question.

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Anyone who claims someone isn't their enemy simply because they "don't sound" like one has no business trying to lecture someone else about conflict strategy, weakness, and chinks in their armor....lol

@Pioneer1how about addressing the statements i made instead of  redirection.

How does respecting anyone's right to speak equate to inability to deal with conflict. 

I am going light on you, because this issue with Kalexander is still a sore point, but if you persist i will mow you down.

Sorry but i have just set you up. You either have to hold your tongue (which your ego and pride can not abide or try to defend an indefensible position ((you have a real dilemma here, there's very little space for  you to return the volley, Ace)) ((( luckily you believe that your anal cyst is up ro the task ))) ((((I initially wrote think but that isnt what is happening, you are all up in those feelings))))) . 

Ask Troy to explain the nested statements, and Cynique to explain the anal cyst pun. 

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Second, the ONLY one on this site sensitive enough for our conflict to have had a negative "impact" on was probably YOU.....because you're just THAT sensitive.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:36 AM, Pioneer1 said:

and I'm STILL DEMANDING AN APOLOGY!.

21 hours ago, Troy said:

Don't hold your breath LOL!

I am paraphrasing the words of Morpheus to Neo, "Pioneer isn't breathing air."

Here's a picture of our relationship Mr Grass

Sincerely 

John D. 

serveimage (1).jpeg

@Delano i don't know the specifics of your online experience.

For the umpteenth time your statements regarding the way i moderate a forum that has been active for over 20 years reveals a lack of deep experience and frankly some balls -- how many forums have you run for 20+ years? I'll wait...

On 2/18/2019 at 2:29 PM, Delano said:

Troy as moderator and owner. You set the tone. And what the level of respect participants can expect in the forum.

Troy it is your show. 

I have nothing but admiration for the site. You can unbunch your undies. In case you weren't paying attention its your page your show. I have never suggested how to handle anything. Ever. Even if you ask me I have no criticism of what you do here. I havr too much affection and respect for you. 

Del

How about we hold off going back and forth with eachother and wait on Mr. Carle to speak.

I'm sure he's following this thread and probably this site.

Troy

Guys, what was it about K2 that ruffled your feathers so? Was it because he was new and came with guns blazing without showing you any deference?

Not at all.
I know some people (like Cynique...lol) get territorial when "new people" come on board and see them as a threat to their popularity but I actually enjoyed exchanging perspectives with him until we had some sort of disagreement and he insulted my Mother....and then my Father.

Say what we will about White people but atleast when you get into conflicts with them there are certain things I simply haven't seen them do that Black people have, like talk about ya mama....lol.
I'm not sure what it is about AfroAmericans that it seems they often go for the jugular with eachother.

I know some people (like Cynique...lol) get territorial when "new people" come on board and see them as a threat to their popularity but I actually enjoyed exchanging perspectives with him until we had some sort of disagreement and he insulted my Mother....and then my Father.

Don't hide behind me in an effort to make yourself look like something other than a wimp who kalexander made mincemeat of. You're who imagines this site is a stage where posters are vying for the approval of lurkers.  If popularity was my concern i would be a sweet pleasant person instead of a bitch. I love it when smart people come on board and express themselves well.  Then there's you.  It's amusing to watch others here regularly clean your clock.  LOL  

• Haha 1