The Jussie Smollett Incident

Something about this entire case and the way the media is covering it doesn't sit right with me.....

First of all, even before the media started calling it fake and Smollet was arrested, different bits and pieces of information were being leaked by the media from the start to make people question the case.  This makes me wonder if the mainstream media KNEW more about this story being "fake" from being begining and just ran with it anyway. And if so, WHY would they intentionaly follow a false story.

Secondly, he's being arrested and charged with filing a false police report that is being called a felony and people are claiming he's facing time in jail.
People constantly file false police reports but aren't being imprisoned for it, so why is HE being treated so much harshly?

What I'm concerned about is could this case be an EXCUSE to either ignore future claims of racial violence as being "fake" and phony, or a way of intimidating people from reporting actual cases of hate crimes in the future?

@Pioneer1Oh puleeze.  Anything to blame the media and exonerate a black man, - even a gay one. The Chicago Police Department bent over backwards to treat Jussie fairly because they knew they were under scrutiny by the entire nation due to their bad reputation. Bottom line, if Jussie hadn't done what he did, none of this would be happening to him and you wouldn't have to be trotting out your usual paranoid theories. Jussie is being punished for his stupidity,  and he is solely to blame for the damage he has done to the credibility of the black and gay communities. All because he didn't think Empire was paying him enough money. 

Image may contain: 1 person

• Like 1

Why would he?  His high profile lawyer has probably advised him to remain silent.  There was reasonable cause to arrest him because the cops had surveillance tapes and a check he made out to the Nigerians and phone records of calls made to them to back up their claims.  

Again........

Did he (Jussie) admit that he did it?

Did any of those Nigerian brothers come on and say what happened?

Why aren't THEY being interviewed or being given a chance to tell what happened on television?

Why are so many people speaking FOR them about what they did instead of THEM speaking for themselves?

See, this is the problem.....we're not hearing anything from THEM...all we're hearing from is from the police department and the media taling ABOUT them.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

see, this is the problem.....we're not hearing anything from THEM...all we're hearing from is from the police department and the media taling ABOUT them.

It's a problem for you. Not for their lawyer who advised them to not make public statements as any good lawyer would do to prevent their clients from incriminating themselves. The brothers did go before a grand jury and what they said was apparently credible enough to bring an indictment. If Jussie is brought to trial, the brothers will be served a subpoena to appear in court where their stories will be cross-examined with due diligence by the Defense.  Jussie unwisely chose to solicit an interview  with Good Morning America co-host, Robin Williams, so he could plead his case, and his words may come back to haunt him.  Any of them speaking publicly will make it even harder to impanel an impartial jury later on down the line if the case goes to trial.  Of course Jussie has his defenders, the usual crowd  who think he's being railroaded because he's black. He needs to be found guilty of being stupid.

Now go back to empathizing with RKelly by peeing on yourself because you can't find a young girl.  Then you can concentrate on being further pissed because the white massage parlor patron and owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft, is not getting as much bad press as your heroes.

936376273_cosbyandsmollett.jpg.a330067ec8245a7f440b9b0d89eacb37.jpg 

• Haha 1

S'neak

The fact that you'd put up that picture mocking Black men who PROBABLY were mistreated and railroaded by an unjust system with a history and reputation of injustice toward Black men tells us all where YOUR head is.

I mean...I ALREADY knew....lol.

All you're doing is just telling EVERYONE ELSE.

You find it FUNNY that those Black men were targeted and locked up.

Thank you Pioneer1.I was looking for someone to bring this to case  to  this thread.No, I am on Jussie Smollett's side.There are so many liars in our police departments

across this country and also this corrupt government as well.Who can you trust? How can I trust the Chicago police who has murdered unarmed blacks and

covered that  up?.How can I trust Africans when I know that they hate and kill gays in their own country?I heard  on PoliticsNation that that $3500 Mr.Smollett

gave those Nigerian brothers were for training, only.Those brothers were probably committing robbery and extortion from what I heard.I hope Mr.Smollett gets himself a good lawyer and clears his name.I wish him well.

Everybody and their brother is patting themselves on the back, as if their gut feelings about this case is an indication of how wise they are, never taking into consideration how most black folks have a knee jerk reaction when it comes to how police deal with black victims.  Blacks are naturally suspicious about any situation that involves them and law enforcement . That's why the conspiracy crowd is now embracing Bill Cosby and RKelly, creating rationales for their being found guilty.  Now a documentary about Michael Jackson is being aired tonight on HBO as an expose of how Michael  really was a pedophile according to 2 of his victims, who give graphic accounts of their experiences with him.  Yet, another reason for supporting  the idea that America is trying to demonize black men.  All i gotta say, is that knowing this may be the case, why do brothers put themselves in the position of being branded.  Plus, when you seek to perpetuate the myth about penis size and testosterone overload, what can you expect when it comes to your  being viewed as sexual predators.

The thing about the Jussie Smolette case is that everybody in the equation is a black man, the victim, the chief of police and the 2 Nigerians who i wouldn't trust as far as i could throw them because devious Nigerians have been sticking it to the African-worshiping  diaspora from the time they sold them into slavery. Chicago's black chief of police is the most authentic figure in this case. He's a street-wise brother who has no delusions about the racism that permeates the Chicago law enforcement.  He bent over backwards to treat Jussie fairly.  He has said that Jussie will have his day in court and that the evidence the police have is not solely based on the check, that they have a whole slew of inconsistencies in Jussie's story.  So let the chips will fall where they may.  

• Thanks 1

Troy

I look at who benefits from this situation.

Black people don't benefit from this.
The only people who benefit from this entire story being circulated in the news cycle are the REAL racists in MAGA hats because the next time they assault someone....the victim may be doubted.

Cynique

All i gotta say, is that knowing this may be the case, why do brothers put themselves in the position of being branded

So do you suggest Black men just STOP having sex with anyone and just masturbate so as to never again be accused (justified or falsely) of sexual impropriety?

Plus, when you seek to perpetuate the myth about penis size and testosterone overload, what can you expect when it comes to your being viewed as sexual predators.

I would expect women who find these features attractive and wholistic (how ever many or few there are)  to COME TO THE SUPPORT of men who allegedly fit this description when they are harassed and targeted.
If women can shield and protect gay men they should do it for straight men too.

do you suggest Black men just STOP having sex with anyone and just masturbate so as to never again be accused (justified or falsely) of sexual impropriety?

No.  I suggest you have sex with consenting partners, preferably black women or men.

I would expect women who find these features attractive and wholistic (how ever many or few there are)  to COME TO THE SUPPORT of men who allegedly fit this description when they are harassed and targeted.
If women can shield and protect gay men they should do it for straight men too.

Who shields and protects gay men?  I don't.  I just reject your implying that any guy who doesn't rub you the right way as being gay.   I support any black man who has not been caught and proven to be a predator.  Furthermore, any straight man should be able to cut the apron strings and protect and shield himself.

Guest QueenX

Can somebody tell me why Mr.Smollett is being indicted for 16 felonies.He's being treated worse than  the police who murder innocent  people.

Jussie has a good lawyer and he'll be given his day in court to defend himself against these charges brought against him based on the findings of a grand jury.  From what i understand, most  of the charges stem from him telling 2 entirely different versions of what happened to him when interviewed by 2 different detectives.  in one he said he could tell his attacker was white because he could see his white skin showing through the eye-holes of his ski mask...

Cynique

No. I suggest you have sex with consenting partners, preferably black women or men

In the case of R. Kelly,
Just about all of those he sad sex with DID give their consent, but he's still being brought up on charges.

Jussie has a good lawyer and he'll be given his day in court to defend himself against these charges brought against him based on the findings of a grand jury. From what i understand, most of the charges stem from him telling 2 entirely different versions of what happened to him when interviewed by 2 different detectives. in one he said he could tell his attacker was white because he could see his white skin showing through the eye-holes of his ski mask...

Lol......
For a so-called "cynic" you seem to have a lot of faith in the system and can find every excuse in the world to justify why Jussie is CLEARLY being mistreated.

Queen X

Can somebody tell me why Mr.Smollett is being indicted for 16 felonies.

For two reasons:

1. Because they can, and they know the AfroAmerican community isn't going to do anything about it...except try to "justify" it like Cynique just did.

2. It's part of an overall plan to frighten people from going to the authorities the next time they are victimized by a racist attack.
They're hoping that the victim will be too afraid of being called a liar and even arrested and jailed for filing a false report....to report the incident.

If you notice they didn't treat those racist women who called the police on Black children selling lemonade and sleeping in their college dorms like that.
In most cases they weren't even charged.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

For a so-called "cynic" you seem to have a lot of faith in the system and can find every excuse in the world to justify why Jussie is CLEARLY being mistreate

I gave information as to the current status of the case, something you can't comprehend because you are repelled by facts.  How you can consider yourself  well informed is laughable. You can't even come up with an assessment of the situation that is something other than the same ol tired rhetoric.  Actually,  the African American community,  including you, is pissing on itself because they think Jussie is being railroaded by the Chicago police. Now wipe  your snotty nose and shuffle on back into your dank black man cave before Mel and Del do another number on you. You can pass the time by fantasizing about being RKelly.

• Haha 2

Guest QueenX

Chicago  Police Department are dirty to black people they have been dirty to black people for yearThis whole scenario is just concocted , I believe, to

get this man's assets and resources as well.Even if Mr.Smollett  did this, he doesn't deserve 40-64 years in prison.The police can murder black folks

and don't get that much time.Drug dealers don't even get that much time.