An Authoritarian Legal System Being Built to Take Freedoms and Rights

While everyone watches the reality show based on this president, behind the scenes an authoritarian rule is being pushed onto the courts. As a result, the concept of freedom is going to deteriorate in America long after this president is gone.
Trump, with support from the Republican Senate, and help from Senate Democrats, are stacking the U.S. courts in favor of conservative ideology and their idea of the rule of law. This means there will be more restrictions on civil rights.

Heres More About That

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tsegal

While I agree with your assesment brutha, my question is what are the BLACK politicians who are already in office and have a "measure" of authority (however limited) to prevent this from happening actually DOING THEMSELVES to prevent this?

Don't forget that we have Black people who are mayors, representatives, senators (2 atleast) as well as federal and district judges at every level.

Are they actively engaged in preventing this attempted right-wing conserative coup-de-grace of the United States?
Or are they selfishly thinking only of themselves and their immediate families and spending what little weath and limited power they posses for their own personal satisfaction?

I maintain that the biggest problem with most of the AfroAmerican politicians who are in office at the federal, state, and local levels right now is not the FEAR of White Supremacy (although it does exist) but the INDIFFERENCE to it and a lack of actual concern about it as long as it doesn't affect them directly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 7:34 AM, Pioneer1 said:

I maintain that the biggest problem with most of the AfroAmerican politicians who are in office at the federal, state, and local levels right now is not the FEAR of White Supremacy (although it does exist) but the INDIFFERENCE to it and a lack of actual concern about it as long as it doesn't affect them directly.

When white supremacy touches home is when Black people begin to even acknowledge it. Systemic injustice, face-to-face bigotry, videos of police brutality close to home or white folks in your neighborhood flying the confederate flag being revealed as racists.

It's sad because for years I attempted to remind people that racism is still there but Black folks browbeat me using the "don't blame the white man" excuse, but now its clear. Yep, Black politicians are complacent and most Black folks are also until it actually hits home.

Sorry about the delayed response. I try to get over here as much as possible and engage but I have learned that talking to people is sometimes just useless. So yep, I hit and run and then return.