Why Black Women & Why Now?

Black women's groups exercising new political power going into 2020 presidential campaign
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/03/10/black-womens-groups-leverage-their-clout-2020-elections/3101381002/

She Thrives

Women from different generations, occupations and regions.

These 10 women are shaping their communities and, in their own way, altering life for everyone in 21st century America. Theirs are stories that deserve to be told.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/she-thrives

Has anyone else noticed that the mainstream media seems to be hyping up Black women in specific.....as opposed to Black people as a whole.....for their achievements lately?
They've even credited the "Black women's vote"....as opposed to the Black vote in general.....for wining certain local elections.

Not that our sisters DON'T deserve the credit and the attention they're getting,, because they certainly do.
Infact it's long over due.

But I find it very strange and even suspicious that the media has all of a sudden "discovered" them and what they've contributed to society; and more telling....why these same media sources seem to be purposely and quite blatantly leaving Black men OUT of the picture.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But I find it very strange and even suspicious that the media has all of a sudden "discovered" them and what they've contributed to society; and more telling....why these same media sources seem to be purposely and quite blatantly leaving Black men OUT of the picture.

What's strange about it?  You, yourself, focused on 10 black females achievers and never said anything about black males who might be equally accomplished. Black men have had their chance.  White women are not unified. Strong black sistas have always been recognized and credited as being trailblazers and are now more than ever making a great impact. You, as a black male who is sulking on the sidelines, nursing his suspicions about black men being picked on, are obviously not newsworthy. Your not being able to figure this out, is a clue as to why.

Cynique

Well first of all, it's not about their being a LACK of success among Black men that bothers me about this.

Ofcourse I'd like Black men to do much better, but as far as a comparison over wealth and success between Black men and Black women....

I'm not 100% sure but if you take Oprah out of the picture their MAY bere more successful Black men just in professional sports like the NBA and NFL ALONE than almost all of the other Black women in the entertainment industry COMBINED.
....and I won't even start to include the tens or maybe hundreds of thousands of OTHER successful Black men in the sports, music, and other parts of the entertainment industry.
.....not to mention Black men OUTSIDE of the entertainment industry in the realms of education, finance, law, and other more professional careers.

So it's not a matter of jealousy or anger at our sisters "allegedly" doing better.
I personally think both sexes are doing about the same....in different arenas.....but BOTH should do much better.

It's about why the White media is hyping up Black women so much and ignoring Black men.

What's strange about it?

Why didn't these same media outlets like USA Today and CNN praise Black women in the past?

Again, WHY NOW?

It's clear they're trying to divide the sexes in the Black community and encourage Black women to leave Black men behind for men of other races....preferably White men.

That's what most of the feminism being pushed into the Black community is about.
It's not about empowering women to be equal; it's about encouraging Black women to LEAVE Black men behind.

They know full well that most Black women are not lesbian so if they leave Black men who are they going to get with....Japanese or Mexican men?
Hell no.
They have little choice BUT to choose the next in line......White men....given their power and wealth in this society.  

@Pioneer1What you claim is more blurred than clear. Lesbianism isn't being pushed specifically onto the black community by feminists.  Another figment of your rampant  imagination along with your paranoid delusions about the media suddenly promoting black women over black men.  This is not a recent occurrence, and certainly not a priority of a white media preoccupied by the ominous specter of Trumpism. Going out of its way to favor black women over black men is not  high on the to-do list of  a media that is the voice of a white America so polarized that the prospect of civil unrest has become a real possibility.  Who really cares about a contest between black males and females when the country is in turmoil?   

You also assume that all a black woman has to do is decide that she wants to hook up with white men and it's a done deal.  As if  black women can easily compete equally with white women and those of other ethnicities. Unless they are high profile celebrities, they can't, which is why the majority of  them  have never given up on finding their black "Mr. Right".      

The white media isn't promoting black women. What is the advantage of doing this?  It's not like black men pose a genuine threat. It is simply reporting what independent black women are doing and have always done. Why? Because this is interesting OpEd material.  

Moreover, because you are so fixated on the idea of black women being so overwhelmed by powerful white men that they have abandoned black men, what needs to be brought to your attention is that a black man named Barack Obama who was flushed with credentials, including a respectable reputation as a husband and father, ascended to the highest office in the land, enabled and empowered by black women and the media.  Sistas remained  loyal to him through out his presidency.  Yet who were, and still are, among Obama's harshest critics?  Other black men. Sniping and grumbling about the job he was doing. calling him a sell-out, reluctant now to give him credit for any accomplishments, as the crabs in a barrel syndrome is still going on.  Here on this board, all the black female posters supported Colin Kaepernick taking a knee.  And what were you doing?   Pooh-poohing Colin,  opting to grumble about  Bill Cosby being a victim, luke warm about condemning the likes of RKelly and Jussie Smolette.  Puleeze.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cynique said:

that the prospect of civil unrest has become a real possibility

An Australian man travelled to New Zealand and killed 50 Muslims and mentioned Trump and how he was protecting the future of White people. 

We are in the midst of huge geopolitical shifts for the next 5 years. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/19/2019 at 8:12 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the mainstream media seems to be hyping up Black women in specific.....as opposed to Black people as a whole.....for their achievements lately?

@Pioneer1 Yes, I've noticed this. From the Me Too Movement to this and other things. 

Not that our sisters DON'T deserve the credit and the attention they're getting,, because they certainly do.
Infact it's long over due.

So true! And this is why maybe, White Supremacist can always exploit... to Divide and Conquer.

Yeah, but this is not a new tactic. This is how the Roman Empire set up.

Chev

Exactly.

It's just a part of  a wider divide and conquer strategy to FURTHER destabilize the AfroAmerican community.

At the same time the media is pushing the achievements of AfroAmerican women (which they SHOULD have been doing.....my only question is "why now??")...these same media outlets  are digging up old stories and using documentaries to portray AfroAmerican men as sexual predators and criminals.

But you know what?
I not only blame AfroAmericans in part for this attempt but I blame AfroAmerican men in particular because of the responsibility and role we share in ENABLING these tactics.

If AfroAmerican men who actually have a media platform would spend more time promoting the achievements of AfroAmerican girls and women....without necessarily calling attention to the fact that they are female but just focusing on their achievements period....and less time promoting sports and gossip, that would snatched the rug out from under any attempt by the racists in the media to use these divide and conquere tactics.

This is one of the reasons I like this site and promote it from time to time.
Troy promotes just as many if not more AfroAmerican female up and coming authors than males, helping sisters who would otherwise be unknown achieve untold success.

Usually when a woman cheats or ends up being seduced by a another man besides her husband, it's usually less about what that man she's cheating with is doing for her and more about what her husband IS NOT doing for her or is NO LONGER doing for her. Usually if he's taking care of business (sexually, financially, emotionally, etc...) she will have no desire to stray away from and leave him for another. And it's the same with the macrocosm of the AfroAmerican community. If AfroAmericans as a whole spent more time praising eachother instead of trying to tear down eachother.....we wouldn't be so flattered when someone else decides to pay us a compliment.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, Chevdove said:

Yeah, but this is not a new tactic. This is how the Roman Empire set up.

And what is it that  the Roman Empire set up? What unified countries in the midst of its dynasty did it divide and conquer?  And who did it unleash homosexuality on? Did it work? In the 21st century  were you a loyal supporter of Obama, and what black man do you currently support and promote? BTW,  do you think Bill Cosby was persecuted?  Finally, considering how you, yourself, criticize the black men in your life, would you say that as far as the media goes, that  you and Pioneer embrace a "don't do as i do, do as i say do" attitude?    

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I not only blame AfroAmericans in part for this attempt but I blame AfroAmerican men in particular because of the responsibility and role we share in ENABLING these tactics.

Just who, beside Farrakhan, Neely Fuller, Malcolm X and - Booker T. Washington, would you point to as black males who deserve praise?  What is it that Obama did that muted your approval of him?  Today, all charges were dropped against Jussie Smollet by Chicago's Cook County State's Attorney's  office which is headed up by a black woman. Chicago's black police chief is seething  with anger over this plea deal and had harsh words for Smollet's beatin the rap.  How does this fit in with your stance?   All of this has caused a media frenzy because it is reporting all of the details.  But if you had your way, all of this would be hushed up.  BTW, Do you think the media is pickin' on Trump because it is demanding to see all of the the Mueller report??  And are the Democrat and Republican white leaders secretly plotting to tear this country apart so that black men can be repressed?   

Just curious.

20 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Smollet's beatin the rap

You did not ask me, but I gather Smollet really did make up the story.  If this is true, he should not have gotten off.  But it is not unusual for celebrities to be treated with kid gloves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2019 at 9:17 PM, Cynique said:

And what is it that  the Roman Empire set up?

@Cynique Cynique, I was addressing the process that was used; The Romans set up 'AN EMPIRE' system that, according to history, began long before it became defined as 'an empire'. And, it is a lot of history. There was initially an 'archaic triad' and then later 'Jupiter, Juno and Minerva (i.e. Venus and many other names) and then 'the god An'. Prior to this empire system, the Romans and the Etruscans related and then prior to this was so much more. And, what is not brought out, is the many 'ethnic' peoples that were conquered through various methods. Prior to the empire system, was another time called 'the Punic War times' of which there were supposedly three wars over the course of a few hundred years, and then the Romans interacted with the Greeks. So, there was history made regarding the 'Roman-Etruscans' and the 'Greco-Romans' and on and on... but again, what is kept suppressed would be the 'ethnic' presence that was overcome in order for the empire system to set up. Ultimately, the Roman Empire system set up WHITE SUPREMACY and they did it over the course of time byway of a 'divide and conquer' tactic and ethnic women were one of the biggest methods used to overthrow the ethnic world.

Prior to CLEOPATRA, a Hellenistic woman, there were so many other women elevated and like Cleopatra, thrown down, when the desired Roman leadership over ethnic lands was achieved.

What unified countries in the midst of its dynasty did it divide and conquer?

Again, the 'unified' was not an issue by the time the Romans went from 'a Rome REpublic' to 'a Roman Empire'; the Romans methodically broke down cultures and peoples by and by in various areas until they gained the following of masses. The Romans operated in North Africa, Europe, the Sinai Peninsula, Turkey and elsewhere for hundreds of years and they came to dominate over these areas.

And who did it unleash homosexuality on?

I don't know how to answer this question. But yes, this was definitely part of their history. 

Did it work? In the 21st century  were you a loyal supporter of Obama,

Yes, it did! I have spoken on this several times in regards to my personal experiences with PEDOPHILIA. And, I believe in REPARATIONS; but, I absolutely support Obamas views in other regards. 

and what black man do you currently support and promote?

My husband, and many pastors and Islamic leaders in my community and so many more. 

BTW,  do you think Bill Cosby was persecuted?

Compared to men like Wienstein, yes, I do feel that Bill Cosby was persecuted. I am shocked at the process in which he was convicted, I do not understand how this could have happened!

Finally, considering how you, yourself, criticize the black men in your life, would you say that as far as the media goes, that  you and Pioneer embrace a "don't do as i do, do as i say do" attitude?    

Are you saying that I am wrong for the way I criticize the black men in my life? As far as the media goes, I don't know what you mean. 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:40 PM, Troy said:

but I gather Smollet really did make up the story.  If this is true, he should not have gotten off. 

Another mind boggle for me, when it comes to this American court system! This story swung from one extreme to the other! First, it was said that he was going to be brought on felonies, a lot of felonies and then all of them dropped. WOW.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:52 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Exactly.

It's just a part of  a wider divide and conquer strategy to FURTHER destabilize the AfroAmerican community.

This is how I feel. But by just being a part of this powerful system, it's like we can always be vulnerable to so many other ploys against us in so many other ways too. Dividing us based on gender conflicts has been a powerful tool used though, but other kinds of people have gender conflicts too, so why it that African people seem to be the most harmed by these divide and conquer methods, is such a wonder for me. 

20 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Are you saying that I am wrong for the way I criticize the black men in my life? As far as the media goes, I don't know what you mean. 

No, i'm just observing how you criticizes black men for the things they do which you don't like,  but then turn around and reprimand the media for not showing black men in a favorable light.  You support Bill Cosby and consider him a victim, but you criticize the black men who you have encountered who have abused black women.  This is why i said that, you don't want the media to do as you do, you want it to do as you say do -  which is to refrain from reporting negative news about black men and, instead, just focus on bad white men.  LOL 

The evil cabal of white supremicists scheming to do-in black people is a scenario that has become woven into the black narrative.  These ongoing conspiracy theories make me yawn.   I did, however, appreciate the suggestion put forth by the recent poster who has written a book about launching a metaphysical attack on The System, proposing that black folks should just try "thinking white racism out of existence".  Sounds like a much more pro-active idea than black folks just standing around reassuring each other that this secret plot against them is not so secret. Apparently, as soon as white Democrats and Republicans are no longer at each other's throats, it will be curtains for black folks... 

• Like 1

Cynique

Just who, beside Farrakhan, Neely Fuller, Malcolm X and - Booker T. Washington, would you point to as black males who deserve praise?

For starters......
Jordan Peele the movie director.
Dr. Wesley Muhammad a researcher.
Dr. Bennet Omalu the doctor who shed the light on NFL concussions
Dr. Tyron Hayes a scientist and researcher for of UC Berkeley

These are just a few Black men who deserve to be honored for their valuable contributions to society.

Chev

I find it very strange and suspicious that the Chicago police departement was SO SURE of Jussie's guilt and were ready to throw the book at him UNTIL the Feds decided to get involve and go through their files to determine how they arrived at their conclusions.
.....then all of a suddent Cook County decides to drop the charges.

Seems to me they have something to hide; or atleast something they certainly didn't want the feds to see.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:01 PM, Cynique said:

but then turn around and reprimand the media for not showing black men in a favorable light.  You support Bill Cosby and consider him a victim, but you criticize the black men who you have encountered who have abused black women.  This is why i said that, you don't want the media to do as you do, you want it to do as you say do -  which is to refrain from reporting negative news about black men and, instead, just focus on bad white men.  LOL 

@Cynique Good observation! Thank you. But, I do need to clarify then, I do believe that the media does need to report negative news about black men too. 

You are so right.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:01 PM, Cynique said:

Apparently, as soon as white Democrats and Republicans are no longer at each other's throats, it will be curtains for black folks... 

LOL. I don't know.