Amber and the Hidden City: A Middle Grade Fantasy Adventure!

Thirteen year old Amber Robinson's life is full of changes. Her parents are sending her to a private school away from her friends, and high school looms before her. But little does she know that her biggest change awaits in a mysterious city hidden from the world for a thousand years. Why? Amber's grandmother is a princess from this magical kingdom of Marai. She's been summoned home to use her special abilities to select the new king but she no longer has the gift, and her daughter was never trained for the task. That leave only one person with the ability to save the city: Amber! But there are those who are determined that Amber never reaches Marai and they will do anything to stop her. Prepare yourself for an exciting adventure that spans from the Atlanta suburbs to the grasslands of Mali. It's a story of a girl who discovers her hidden abilities and heritage in a way that surprises and entertains.

'Amber is the type of girl I would want my daughter to grow up to be. She is gusty, but not overly zealous. She is sensitive, but not a crybaby. Likes boys, but is not overly obsessive like a popular heroine from a certain vampire series. She disobeys her parents and pushes boundaries, but still knows when enough is enough.
Kudos to Davis for this marvelous tale, especially in a genre where people of color are overwhelmingly underrepresented. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did and spread the word.'

ISBN-13: 978-0980084276

Amber and The Hidden City Paperback

Amber and The Hidden City Hardcover

Amber and The Hidden City.jpg