Audio books

Hi Troy,

I just got an email that AALBC is selling audio books on Libro! I released an audio book of Immortal III: Stealer of Souls last year. The audios of Immortal I & II are on amazon. But Immortal III is closer to my heart because I narrated it myself. When things calm down, I'm going to narrate another one of my novels. I hope it's alright if I post the link to the Immortal III audio book here 😎

https://libro.fm/audiobooks/9781509486809-immortal-iii-stealer-of-souls

Immortal III.jpg

Hi @Valjeanne Jeffers tanks for sharing information about your audio book.  I just added it to AALBC and have  also included a clip.  You have a nice voice.  Where did you do the recording?  How did you get you audiobook onto Libro? Where did you up load it? 

Audio Book

If I get enough sales I'll going to create an audiobook bestsellers list if make AALBC your default store on Libro I'll be able to track the sales 

I refused to upload Amazon's Audible titles on my site -- indeed I'm consider dropping all my Amazon links -- but that is another story.

• Like 1

Brother Troy you are awesome!!😎 Thank you so much!! I recorded it at home. Next time I think I'll try to rent a studio.)I used FindawayVoices for remastering  and sale. They sell through a lot of vendors (like Libro). So, far they seem to be okay. Authors can sign up to use them through Smashwords or directly from their site. https://findawayvoices.com/

I opted to read my book myself. Narrators are expensive and who knows my characters better than me?

BTW: I can't stand Amazon either. Right now, Quinton and are working on moving all our titles from Amazon to Barnes & Noble and it's like pulling teeth.

• Thanks 1

You can't pull you titles off Amazon.  Amazon will just sell them through 3rd parties who pop up like whack-a-moles.

I don't normally include Kindle only titles on the site -- unless an authors pays to have me add them.  The reason is because It re-enforced Amazon's monopoly on eBooks.

I'll write up a short article once I finally cut the cord with Amazon.  I don't plan to renew my Prime account either.

Let me know how you make out removing your titles from Amazon.  Maybe once you do this I'll drop my Amazon links. 

I really wish Libros and B&N would step up their game though.  Libros is new so I get it, but B&N's, who was first out the gate with an online bookstore executed terribly.  Maybe if more people do what you doing we can have a chance.= to end Amazon;s stranglehold over the sale of Black books

Check out this letter to Amazon's Audible on The Tattered Cover Bookstore (a great store BTW) in Denver:

Dear Audible,

I feel torn writing this, because we’ve had so many good times. We’ve been through so much together. I really mean that. Remember that road trip to Minneapolis, where we drove through the night, and you helped keep me awake? And those early mornings at the gym on the elliptical with the sounds of my favorite authors and stories? I will always cherish those times. I want you to know that.

• Like 1

Troy,

It has indeed been a battle to get our titles off Amazon. I've removed some and so has Quinton, but then a number of print titles popped back up last week. I have a contact person at Barnes & Noble, so I'm hoping to get our books in print into B&N stores. I'm going to use my attorney to make sure my Audible titles don't renew. Amazon has made millions from Indie authors, but they don't respect us. And they don't pay us what we're worth -- if they pay us at all.

We sell print books from our site www.vjeffersandqveal.com  I'm hoping in the coming year we can convince readers to buy from us.

Is there a direct link on your site when one can get sent to buy your book?  I can add it to the buy link too.

Unfortunately some authors don't understand the market place and are ardent supporters of Amazon. But I'm beginning to see this change -- fortunately.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Valjeanne Jeffers said:

I'm going to do a marketing campaign through you Brother Troy. I love your site, and I bet you reach a ton of readers!😊

I do, and thank you for taking the time to mention it.  

• Like 1