Mixed Race Couples Over Represented in the Media

mix-race-couples.jpg

While I disliked the film Us, one thing I did like about it was the presentation of a straight up dark-skinned Black family. No obviously mixed Black people, no swirling couples

But seemingly, the vast majority of couples where Black people are involved are mixed race -- usually a Black woman with a white guy.  I'm not sure if I'm just more sensitive to this when I see it and it has an out sized impression on me or if it is indeed true.

I mentioned to a friend recently who dismissed my comment when I brought up the issue, but then we observed, together, exactly what I meant and she was forced to agree.  

Of course I have no problem with mixed raced couples; what I'm trying to understand is why are media companies seemingly pushing it.  Are they trying to appeal to multiple demographics at once?  Would a Brother holding hands of the woman below alienate white consumers?

I dunno, but I don't like it. The message delivered -- regardless of intent -- is that Black women would be more happy with a white man. Of course I appreciate the fact the everyone other than white folks are marginalized and largely excluded from the mainstream media -- but that is someone else fight.

When they do have flicks featuring underrepresented groups like, Black Panther or Crazy Rich Asians, people come out. I actually like Cole Haan's shoes. I'm on their mailing list which is how I got this image, but I'll pass on patronizing them until I see a middle aged Black man reflected in their advertising.  I'm not holding my breathe...

Guest Non american black man

Even here in Europe its the same, a black women and a white men. It's nothing more than racial genocide, i have a family relative an African women who married a white man and 3 generations her line age is white, they have all dated white couples and the third generation is undistinguished from other white people, just like looking at Blake Griffins children. I had someone tell me that there is a genetical reason why they are pushing for these swirling couples, because white womens womb are inferior, but i dont know more about that.

Mixed couples is engaging in racial genocide, if you look you will see that America had the lowest black slaves brought there while Brazil had more but while the white and mixed population has risen with tens of millions their black population hasn't even reached 10. The reason black american population was able to grow big was because of the laws there, and they are pushing this propaganda for dating out to eraze black people because you should know that most biracial children will date out and it isn't a surprise due to difference reason such as alot of those black people who date out have issues with their own blackness which they will forward to their children and that white people have are in the higher hierchy and have the highest sexual market value and the mixed baby will most of the times associate with that since its superior. 

I'm I too naive or too trusting to believe that there is can not possibly be an ongoing conspiracy to eliminate Black people?  I mean, I know the white population is declining and I am well aware of how Black people, men in particular, are thwarted at every turn.

I guess it does not matter if I don't believe in some cabal of White Illuminati types running a conspiracy to destroy Black people, for the outcomes of Black folks are indistinguishable from a evil conspiracy.

Welsing and others taught that Black people mixing with whites would lead to "Black" children and the ultimate annihilation of white people. Whites must have believed this too since they enforced the "one drop rule" and lynched any Negro surly enough to look sideways at a white woman.

Surely, white folks can't possibly be so devilish and powerful enough to manipulate all media to advance this agenda?  Nevermind -- of course they are!

These are they same people who created the biggest propaganda machine ever invented to justify the perpetual enslavement of African people for centuries.  Brainwashing through media manipulation is child's play by comparison -- especially in the age of social media.

Thanks for your comments Non American Black Man. Sorry to read you are seeing the same thing overseas.

The Universe seems to be in some kind of a transition. The unexpected is intruding itself upon the world. That's why Trump is successfully polluting the atmosphere  and America is being drawn into a vortex  of change. There's no contrived conspiracy; just occurrences following a course. No right or wrong; only  opposites.  Life is inexorably unfolding, and things are shifting because change is inevitable, Here on earth change is aided and abetted by the lure of computerized technology. I don't think Mankind has any control over how society is evolving. It's simply being swept along.  I, myself, am caught up in a sphere where everything is out of kilter. It's like unseen forces are toying with me.  As an example, Mel's on point response to the above posts by Troy and "non American black man", has disappeared... 

• Like 2

@Cynique, maybe @Mel Hopkins reconsidered and deleted (I hope it is not a bug). I'd be interested in a contrary or differing opinion.

Cynique, you consume more commercial media than I. Contrived conspiracy or not, do you think mixed race couples are over represented on tv shows, film, ads, commercials comoared to there occurence in the real world?

Any agenda that is displayed into the public is given alot of thoughts to. Remember that white women aren't reproducing, whether in America or Europe, while black women are. Again regarding the white men-black women couple propaganda, as i said one explanation is because of the superiority of black womens womb, white women are more likely to deliver non healthy babies. I don't believe in the one drop rule and while i've heard some of Dr Welsings videos, what she said is really only valid if those mixed people would then reproduce with black people but most of the times they will reproduce with white people and thus whiten their line age and as said a good example is Blake Griffins children, they look like any other white children. Also look at Meghan Markle, she's a white lady with some black ancestry, even the white supramacist didn't know she had african ancestry before they were told about it. Her kids will be white, as simple as that.  And the third most common interracial couple matching in U.S is white/multiracial after white/hispanic and white /asian. (https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/06/12/key-facts-about-race-and-marriage-50-years-after-loving-v-virginia/) . 

And them lynching black people who look at white women, that really doesn't say anything about the relationship between black and white people. While they were lynching black men for looking at their women and proclaiming how superior they were to black people they were also busy raping black women, doing so more than the attention they gave to their white wives. In my home country in Africa(specific country in central africa) they came and created thousand of biracial children with the local women and in countries such as Kenya they put the men in forced labour camps when they were fighting for independence and they then raped hundreds of kenyan women,  and the atrocities continued even after independence through the entire 1900s and today the local women who experienced this and bore  their mixed babies are fighting for reparations from the brittish.

Mixing agenda will destroy black people all over, you can't have a black family without a black father and a black mother. 

9 hours ago, Troy said:

@Mel Hopkins reconsidered and deleted (I hope it is not a bug). I'd be interested in a contrary or differing opinion.

Nah,  it wasn't worth the 1s and 0s used to post it.  It just referred to the myopic view you and "guest non american black man" posted. 

I'm glad @Cynique 's voice of reason is in this thread.  She always helps me remain on the path I'm meant to travel.

I tend to forget I'm not here to correct anyone's beliefs.  Or point out the ignorance.   It's a knee-jerk reaction in response to protecting myself because "stupid" is contagious.

As far as I know, there's only one species of HUMAN on the planet at this time. 

11 hours ago, Cynique said:

As an example, Mel's on point response to the above posts by Troy and "non American black man", has disappeared...

:D , Yes, it was there. @Cynique   I removed it because I'm tired of validating "parking" in my psyche. 

• Like 1

@Mel Hopkins what "myopic" view did I express?  Please copy and paste it so that I'm clear -- thanks. 

After reviewing the Pew report.  I can confidently say (willing to bet money), that the depiction of interracial couples is indeed over represented.  I'm still not convinced it is part of a deliberate plan to eradicate Black people, though obviously there are people with this agenda -- I just don't think they are that sophisticated.

Interestingly, according to pew, newlywed Black men are 2.5 times more likely, than Black women, to marry outside their "race" or ethnicity. there is also a greater likelihood for more educated people to marry outside of their so called race.

3 hours ago, Guest Non american black man said:

Blake Griffins children, they look like any other white children.

maxresdefault.jpgMan I had to look up Blake's children.   This son looks whiter than most white people, with blond hair and light eyes. 

Yeah I see your point if mixed race kids continue to procreate with white folks the children will be white.

I've seen Black line convert to white in other families myself.  The Black ancestor often express pride in their white offspring -- and I'm not talking about the pride grandparents have for their progeny. I'm talking about a sense of pride at having created a white descendants.  It is the "my kids have good hair," effect but on steroids.

I see Blake's marriage is on the rocks.  I wonder if these so called "mixed race" marriage are more or less likely to end in divorce. Or how long they last relative to same race couples?

Yeah I did and I don't understand the Black women here who celebrate Meghan as if she reflected some sort of advancement for the masses of Black women.  Then I don't get American obsession with the "royal" family. 

Blake Griffin is just one and not a particularly typical version of the new breed of basket ball players out there who are the progeny of the symbionic hook-ups between black basketball players and opportunistic white women, wherein the black guys marry  white women to give themselves status among their peers, and the white women marry rich black athletes to get a meal ticket for life. Right here on the Chicago Bulls team is an example of such a coupling, a bi-racial player named Zack LeVine who has pale skin white but a black grade of hair. and definitely talks like a black person.  Black LA Clippers Coach,  Doc Rivers is married to a white woman and his son who plays for the NBA looks the same way.  As i say, there are quite a few of these hybrid players out there.   BTW, Blake Griffin was briefly married to Kim Kardasian, before Kanye. The Kardasian women  have a penchant for black basketball players, and a couple of them have babies by them.  As for Meghan Markel, her mother is a light-skinned black woman who has corn-rowed hair and wouldn't be mistaken for white. Nor does Meghan have straight white hair.  Hair is always the give-away. Below are pictures of Zack LeVine and Austin Rivers.

th?id=OIP.b4g0wjg9qiA8FjyCoe5JwgHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=223&h=168 a picture of Austin Rivers

•  
  •                                                                               pictures of Zack Levine
  • th?id=OIP.PT-F_I1zhp-jkBqBozIiNAHaFX&pidth?id=OIP.lri5q-pAZPZWeXTxQkx2bwHaJ3&pidth?id=OIP.2LNX8yJDBYU4o-ef4sRISwHaKR&pid
  •  
  • 15 hours ago, Troy said:

Cynique, you consume more commercial media than I. Contrived conspiracy or not, do you think mixed race couples are over represented on tv shows, film, ads, commercials comoared to there occurence in the real world?

@TroyUntil you brought up this subject, i have never given it a thought.  So obviously it was not my impression that white men  occasionally paired with black women in the media are subliminal images that are part of a conspiracy.  To me, these examples were just token nods to diversity. And is there any scientific data that proves  black women have better and more productive wombs than Caucasiasn ones??

One thing i have come to notice, is that light-skinned blacks and darker skinned ones see color differently. Darker skinned ones seem more color-consciously and  sensitive about their skin color and are quick to feel that lighter skin blacks have an advantage over them.  As a light-skinned black, i never think about this until it is brought to my attention by resentful darker skinned ones.  I guess this is what colorism is all about. Chris Rock just recently made a telling remark when he was a presenter at the NAACP image awards TV show.  In making a joke about Jussie Smolett, dark-sinned Chris cracked how Jussie was an example of light-skin and "good' hair gone to waste and how much better he would've fared  had he possessed these traits. Really?    I, myself, do not have a preference when it comes to skin color but i am picky about facial features.  i have a thing about noses and ears and prefer them to be well sculpted and in proportion.  i don't like spiked hair or Mohawks or bushy beards or small grubby fingers but i love buffed bodies.   Last but not least, i am turned off by someone who speaks Ebonics.   So, take that for what it's worth.  To each his own.  i'm an old lady who is old school and i realize my day is over when it comes to how people of color comes across.  There possibly is a trend afoot to tamper with the color of the species and personally I'd say this goal would at least eliminate the "bottom of the totem pole" position that, according to dark-skinned people, puts them at a disadvantage.  Whatever.

Troy

Man, I strongly suspect that you posted this thread JUST to get my participation in it.....lol.

But I share those observations you've mentioned about the media pushing Caucasian male and African (Black) female couples more and more in the media now.
It's clearly a racist attempt, but the vulgar behavior of so many young Black men ain't helping the situation much.

Many young Black men aren't dressing and dancing or just acting as smooth as they used to.   Too many are smelling like skunky weed, are fat, sloppy dressing, and can't even hold a conversation and this is turning a lot of women off who would ordinarily under normal circumstance RATHER have a Black man over a White man.

On top of that,  if you notice, some White men are imitating the smooth style that many Black men had back in the 70s and 90s!

It's funny, I thought it was just ME who noticed the large amount of mixed race basketball players on the scene lately.
This is especially seen in the NCAA more so than the NBC.

I didn't mention it to anyone but kind of noticed it and now I hear others talking about it!

This picture explains it the best.                                                 Bilden kan innehÃ¥lla: 1 person

On 4/5/2019 at 4:04 PM, Troy said:

@Mel Hopkins I see Blake's marriage is on the rocks.  I wonder if these so called "mixed race" marriage are more or less likely to end in divorce. Or how long they last relative to same race couples?

Yeah I did and I don't understand the Black women here who celebrate Meghan as if she reflected some sort of advancement for the masses of Black women.  Then I don't get American obsession with the "royal" family. 

From what i've seen its that most of these relationships are more about fetishization than anything. Black men - white women relationships usually dont last long, and these men are usually heavily fetishized by these women, black men have big black...... Fetishization in black women - white men, from what i've absorbed is that there are lots, and i mean a lot of natural haired black women dating white men, alot of them even pro black and talk about how rasism affect them etc.... I've even came by those black women sharing their stories on how they dated racist white men, and while one may think that racist won't date black women they are. During slavery the slave master used to rape black women with natural hair, and because so many white men are looking for these type i heard a theory that it's because they want to have the same feeling like back then. 

I recently saw this video of this natural haired black women talking about how she found out her boyfriend watching ghetto gaggers. This is the reality in alot of these relationships. 

On 4/5/2019 at 2:44 PM, Cynique said:

...token nods to diversity.

This seems perfectly plausible. On Star Trek (which nonAmerican bkack man's image made me thunk if) for example, they have a Black male / white male homosexualcouple.  One of many reason I'm not particularly pleased with the most recent Star Trek offering -- and not because i have anthing against interracial homosexuals. What you describe as a nod to diversity seems forced, contrived, disingenuous, and condescending. Meanwhile middle aged heterosexual black men (paired with a black woman) are all but nonexistent.

Besides the characters should be battling malevolent aliens and exploring the cosmos. Who cares about their sexuality? It is just a thinly veiled atrempt to appeal to a particular audience and to get people to talk about the program... the way I am now (I hate being manipulated).

Darker skinned ones seem more color-consciously and  sensitive about their skin color and are quick to feel that lighter skin blacks have an advantage over them.

Because lighter skinned women still do have an advantage Cynique. It also explains why you never had to give it a thought.

BTW, Blake Griffin was briefly married to Kim Kardasian, before Kanye.

Sheesh, why am I not surprised... what is her appeal -- given the options these brothers have?

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Man, I strongly suspect that you posted this thread JUST to get my participation in it

Of course I knew the subject would be one you'd have a strong opinion in. 😉

Having lived in different spots across this nation I can say that BY FAR the most common interracial couples are that of Caucasian men and East Asian (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipina) women.
Yet it appears that few people even raise an eyebrow at how frequent this occurs, let alone criticize it.

The focus of most people is STILL who Black men are having sex with.

Not just Whites but Asians, Arabs, Latinos, ect.....all non-AfroAmerican races and ethnic groups have a sub-conscious interest with who AfroAmerican males are sleeping with.

Does anyone remember when Grey's Anatomy first came out and you had a -VERY rarely seen on television- Black man who had an East Asian love interest?

I knew it wasn't going to last long and before you knew it the brother ended up being kicked off the show because he allegedly made a homophobic remark.
But he wasn't replaced with ANOTHER Black man; so that was the end of that Afro/Asian love affair.

Non-American Black Man

Women tend to be less "racially loyal" than men, and will usually get with whoever has the most protection and provision to offer them in community.

If it's a White dominated community like a suburb or college campus you'll see most of the women catering to White men and their likes in order to secure some provision.

If it's a Black dominated community like many American ghettoes, or a rap/hip hop event you'll see the women of all races trying to act Black and get next to Black men for protection and provision.

It's about WHICH men control the resources and hold the most respect in a particular society or community.
I don't know if you've ever heard this but it's one of the reasons integration was so harmful to the Black community in the United States.

Also, it seems to me that many dark skinned Black women are angry at Black men in particular and even other Black women and the Black community in general for how they were treated as children.
I'm what many would consider light skinned but I've always liked women of ALL shades. It wasn't the shade or complexion that attracted me but the facial FEATURES as well as the body shape.

On 4/4/2019 at 3:35 PM, Troy said:

Of course I have no problem with mixed raced couples; what I'm trying to understand is why are media companies seemingly pushing it.  Are they trying to appeal to multiple demographics at once? 

@Troy Oh yes, something definitely is going on and I believe it has to do with more reasons that one, but especially economical. 

On 4/4/2019 at 3:35 PM, Troy said:

I dunno, but I don't like it. The message delivered -- regardless of intent -- is that Black women would be more happy with a white man.

Interracial relationships are normal and a natural part of our human existence, but for some strange reason, this happening where certian governments has historically exploited people on racial levels and it does harm.  

On 4/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, Troy said:

Thanks for your comments Non American Black Man. Sorry to read you are seeing the same thing overseas.

I think that some of the 'fears' about consipiracy may be extreme, but, I also think that this government uses media propaganda to push certain issues on racial levels.

I just don't believe Dr. Welsing completely on that note though about race mixing being damanging on all levels. 

Blake Griffin is just one and not a particularly typical version of the new breed of basket ball players out there who are the progeny of the symbionic hook-ups between black basketball players and opportunistic white women, wherein the black guys marry  white women to give themselves status among their peers, and the white women marry rich black athletes to get a meal ticket for life.

@Cyniqueyes, I agree.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:03 PM, Pioneer1 said:

But I share those observations you've mentioned about the media pushing Caucasian male and African (Black) female couples more and more in the media now.
It's clearly a racist attempt, but the vulgar behavior of so many young Black men ain't helping the situation much.

@Pioneer1 I don't think it's the behavior that the propagandist are concerned about, however, I think it is partly based on 'economics' being a tool used to continue to promote division. I don't think, [and this is a guess] that Black men are the money makers 'as they were decades ago'. Of course, Black men were never on the top level as moneymakers 'as a whole' but, in the past, I feel that I saw more Black men/White women couples than what is going on today. And, I am wondering if certain jobs offered in the past has dwindled down even more so, regarding Black men.

I was surprise too, to see, the famous producer of the Sci-Fi flims, George Lucas, depicted with his African American wife and their baby daughter recently featured. His wife is absolutely beautiful, and so is the baby, and I am happy to see this! But, I do think this government is orchestrating a movement, for what ever gain.

I don't feel that Black people should get upset though, but I do believe that we should acknowledge the part that the media and government is playing in this matter.

23 hours ago, Chevdove said:

I was surprise too, to see, the famous producer of the Sci-Fi flims, George Lucas, depicted with his African American wife and their baby daughter recently featured. His wife is absolutely beautiful, and so is the baby, and I am happy to see this!

Honestly, I could care less about these two, but if forced to offer an opinion and to be unduly judgmental I'll say this:  First lets put things in perspective, Lucas is a 75-year-old white multibillionaire.  Melody Hobson, who born around the time Lucas was married to his first wife is young enough to be his daughter.  Melody is president of a prominent investment firm she would have been quote a catch for any Brother.  So no, if pressed, I'm not exactly "happy" to see this, because I guess there was not a single Brother "good enough" for Melody to marry.  As "non American Black man" suggests her descendants and all of that wealth will go to he white descendants.   But at the end of the day who really cares about those two?

@Pioneer1 I'd put Melody Hobson in the "upper class," one way to get into it is to marry into it like Meghan Markle

7 hours ago, Troy said:

I'd put Melody Hobson in the "upper class,"

You know @Troy  Melody has been "upper class" for some time.  She was adopted into it long before she married George Lucas... Her story is fascinating.    According to the article I read, even though she had a modest upbringing - her mother wasn't all into "race" this "race that...her mother taught her to be "color brave" period.   Maybe there aren't too many black men on her level that are "color brave".   The black man she worked for at Ariel Investments was married, twice ... and then we have the handful of corporate 100 CEOs... So who could be on her level AND not be intimidated? It's important to have a mate that is mentally stimulating so both can grow.   Skin color is not enough... you have to share culture too.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Troy said:

First lets put things in perspective, Lucas is a 75-year-old white multibillionaire.  Melody Hobson, who born around the time Lucas was married to his first wife is young enough to be his daughter. 

@Troy Yes, you make a very good point.

7 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Skin color is not enough... you have to share culture too.  

@Mel Hopkins Yes, I agree.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Melody has been "upper class" for some time. 

Again if you are using income as the only measure then you'd probably consider someone like Lebron James upper class too.  I do not, at least not with my definition. 

I'm thinking old money, upper class, not someone like Bill Cosby or Trump. If Melody was born into modest means she would not be upper class.  Upper class people are independently wealthy at birth. Now given her marriage to a white billionaire and George can move in those rarefied circles, but would they really be down? 

If is like this; Black people of modest means can rent a house in Martha's Vineyard for a couple of weeks, but would they really be down with the upper middle class Blacks who "summer" in homes they have owned for generations?  If someone raised in the ghetto hits the lotto or signs a big basketball contract and buys a home in the Vineyard would be they readily embraced by the established Black elite?

Do you see the distinction I'm illustrating between the two groups?

23 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

She was adopted into it long before she married George Lucas... Her story is fascinating. 

Your second is not clear to me.  What does "long before" mean?  Is it a few years or several decades?  How or why was she "adopted" into the "upper" class?  What changed in her life to lead to her adoption? 

@Mel Hopkins to clarify: using your definition of upper class, would you consider Lebron James to belong to the upper class?

2 hours ago, Troy said:

to clarify: using your definition of upper class, would you consider Lebron James to belong to the upper class?

In the article I read, John Rogers (Founder -Ariel Investments  manages 15.5 bn) took Mellody Hobson under his wing and convinced her to go to Princeton.  So the answer to “a while back” would be when she was 17-18 years old.  

Note:  John Rogers’s father was Tuskegee Airman John Rogers, Sr. who met his wife,  Jewel Lafontant on the first day of Law School (University of Chicago) Lafontant became the first female deputy solicitor general of the United States. - Edit 

Keep this in mind when we explore the “Upperclass” definition.

Upper class is a socialeconomic term used to divide folks.  It’s not “my” definition but the “unspoken” definition of my acquaintances who are in  the “pearl-clutching class” of “our kind of people”   

Lebron is upper class if we simply go by income - but those in  “our kind of people” class rarely make that distinction.  They are into “breeding” ... who’s your mommy and daddy, grandfather and grandmother and  so on.

You’re never the first to graduate college - more like  the 5th or 6th generation college grad.  What did they do, what do they own?   What philanthropic boards do they sit on...how much land and where?  AND here’s the big one - I haven’t heard of one entertainer or sports celebrity belonging to  that group. 

So when Rogers tapped Mellody she became the proverbial debutante into the upperclass world.

By the time Hobson married Lucas, whose parents were middle class btw, she’d already had an impressive resume and upperclass pedigree.  Aside: she’s now vice chair of Starbucks and was chair of Dreamworks and negotiated its sale to comcast. 

So, by your working definition, it was Lucas who is “new money” albeit, 5.6 bn dollars of new money and he married into the uppercrust ;)

Edited by Mel Hopkins
Clariry

1 hour ago, Mel Hopkins said:

You’re never the first to graduate college - more like  the 5th or 6th generation college grad.  What did they do, what do they own?   What philanthropic boards do they sit on...how much land and where?

Ok we are working with the same definition. You know more about Melody so I'm not gonna debate whether she is in that group or not. 

1 hour ago, Mel Hopkins said:

So, by your working definition, it was Lucas who is “new money” albeit, 5.6 bn dollars of new money and he married into the uppercrust ;)

Yeah right 🙂lets not forget white men -- even criminals like Joe Kennedy -- can bogart their way into the upper class in a generation.

10 hours ago, Troy said:

You know more about Melody so I'm not gonna debate whether she is in that group or not. 

I kind of figured that, @Troy.  I tend to gravitate towards black women excelling in their fields and those on the move. I take notes on their failures and success.

I also tend to look for more information  about the men who, through their actions, show their desire to help black women achieve their goals. 

What this thread has revealed to me is my love and adoration for black women and the men who show their love for them (us) to fuel their (our) success.   

Since Mellody is from Chicago, and her name was familiar to locals long before she married George Lucas, i have tried to track down her family history which is rather sketchy and vague, which makes me suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if  she just happens to be an extremely bright girl who got ahead because of her scholarship and ambition, who may not have even been middle class in origin.  

Chicago's black population  has no large  "old money" class.  What passes for its elite, doesn't go back more than 3 generations with a high percentage of this first generation drawing from  residents of "the projects" which, back in the day, were populated by respectable working-class people from the ranks of the great migration and who possessed middle class "values" but were employed in the service industries or at places like the Post Office  or who ran"on the road" as Pullman Car waiters or were employed in Civil Service positions after passing tests which qualified them for these government jobs.  They are who strove to send their kids to college and these college graduates in turn,  became the parents of what is now Chicago's  present young professional class which while affluent are not upper class.  

34 minutes ago, Cynique said:

. I wouldn't be surprised if  she just happens to be an extremely bright girl who got ahead because of her scholarship and ambition, who may not have even been middle class in origin.  

Yep! That’s exactly what the article reads - John Rogers (he’s from one of those “upper class black families) took her under his wing at an early age. When Mellody Hobson graduated from Princeton she was intern at Ariel Investments - 10 years later she was president and then board chairman. 

According to the Vanity fair article Hobson’s mom (single parent) sold condos and they lived on the northside - the article says mom was a pragmatist yet unrealistic and had a hard time managing money. Mom was often evicted - 

• Like 1

Cynique

Chicago's black population has no large "old money" class. What passes for its elite, doesn't go back more than 3 generations with a high percentage of this first generation drawing from residents of "the projects" which, back in the day, were populated by respectable working-class people from the ranks of the great migration and who possessed middle class "values" but were employed in the service industries or at places like the Post Office or who ran"on the road" as Pullman Car waiters or were employed in Civil Service positions after passing tests which qualified them for these government jobs.

Well Chicago SHOULD have a Black "old money" class since Black folks have been getting rich in Chicago for over a century now.
The Defender was full of Black success stories back in the old Black and White days so Black wealth and power has had a strong grip in Chicago for a long time.

Maybe Black Chicagoans with money should stop abandoning their city letting Latinos and Arabs take over formerly Black neighborhoods while they run off to Atlanta, California, and Las Vegas.

If you go down to Atlanta nearly a third of Black folks there are actually FROM Chicago.
And if you ask them why they left they'll same some crazy shit like "they didn't like all the snow".

@Pioneer1You  have never lived in or around Chicago, nor Atlanta so your observations belong in the context of that.   And you are apparently incapable of comprehending the difference between upper class inherited wealth and second generation middle class affluence.  What might, though a stretch of the imagination, qualify for Chicago's black upper class did not make a bee-line for Atlanta (or are they summer homeowners in Martha's vineyard.) They stayed right here in the University of Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood where the newly-rich Obamas and the prominent families of such people as Valerie Jarret  reside.  The majority of black people who migrated from Chicago to Atlanta, relocated for the weather and the lower cost of real estate, and they were average people.  The Chicago Defender is on its last legs like Ebony and other print media.   Hispanics and Arabs are not driving out or taking over black neighborhoods.     

21 hours ago, Cynique said:

Have you ever lived in or near Chicago or Atlanta?  Here's your opportunity to correct me for basing my conclusions on the things you stated with such inflated confidence. 

You tell me....lol.

You JUST SAID that I didn't; so what sense does it make to ask me NOW?

Seems to me a question like that should be asked BEFORE telling someone where they have or haven't lived, not after....lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, Cynique said:

Obviously, you've never lived in or around Chicago or Atlanta.  So in answer to your question as to whether you have, my response is "no". Case closed,

Lol......
I guess YOU know, then.

I just wonder what others will think when they happen to come across past posts of mine which may suggest otherwise.

Will they think I'm lying...or you.

@Pioneer1You've been known to lie as when you said i was sending you suggestive pictures of myself.  The obvious question is why would you pass up a chance to prove me wrong by giving details of your residency in or around Chicago and Atlanta.  Actually, i don't think anybody, including me, really gives a damn whether you lived in these places or not.  

• 1 year later...
Guest Real America

I'm sick and tired of the media portraying America the way it is not, hardly anybody is mixed race couples or transgender yet the TV makes it look like everybody is...stop the brainwashing !!!

• 4 months later...
Guest Chris

I see the same thing with black men and white women.

For example, in the Netflix show “Containment”, literally all 3 couples in the first few episodes of the show are WHITE WOMAN WITH BLACK MAN. One couple is a young white girl pregnant with a black baby… another is an old couple, white woken talking to a Morgan Freeman-esque black man… Third one is a middle aged white woman with a black man.

in fact, the only same-race couple is a BLACK MAN AND BLACK WOMAN together.

they even have a clearly good looking, 6,’3 fit and good face white man in his late 20’s, and his “role” in the show is simply to be comedic relief and he never dates or breeds with any woman on the show. 

I agree with you, that I don’t like this propaganda being pushed, regardless of whether it’s white male/black female or white female/black male. Either way it’s wrong.

I think black on black couples are beautiful and white on white couples are beautiful. We should all celebrate our own cultures, history, values, country heritage, etc. Interracial couples have a very high statistical rate of divorce. 

I'm not gonna lie.
I think the Black man with the Black woman OR women (plural) is the ideal; however I also accept Black men having sex with women of other races as long as we're doing so responsibily.

But when it comes to Black women having sex with men of other races...that's an issue, in my book.

Especially if she's an attractive, smart, successful Black woman.
If she's some hoodrat who is a disgrace to the community, she can sleep with who she likes.

....and yes, it IS a double standard.