Why we should believe the Bible

This comment was placed on one of the sites pages, where room is left for comments.  Normally I just flag these comments as spam, delete them and keep it moving.  The poster also has a "Low Reputation" on Disqus (the commenting software I use throughout the website). They also used a restricted word "smegma." I see nothing wrong with the word, but apparently Disqus see it as a flag for spammers and the like.

I started to read the article but I stopped once I got the line in all caps that says, "THE BIBLE IS SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE." Why do some religious folks have to insist that the Bible is scientifically accurate. This is absurd on it's face.  However just because something is not scientifically accurate does not mean that is can't be true.  Still the more zealous of the religious fanatics insists that it is -- which will keep them in the wing-nut category as far as I'm concerned.

Still I'm sharing it here because I do actually intent to read the entire thing, and it would be interesting to see what other think. And if you believe this don't be put off by my "wing-nut" comment 🙂  It is just my way of emphasizing how much I disagree with the scientifically accurate statement.

We should believe the Bible because of the wealth of good evidence that has demonstrated the Bible is historically reliable and divinely inspired. It speaks about:

• Its hundreds of fulfilled prophecies
• The Bible's amazing internal harmony
• The Bible's incredible scientific accuracy and foresight
• Thousands of archaeological discoveries
• Numerous details in the Bible that have been corroborated by extrabiblical historical sources
• And so on

THE BIBLE IS SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE

For the Bible to be regarded as the inspired word of God, it must be scientifically accurate…since God would certainly know the facts about his creation. A word of caution, however, as we seek to evaluate the claim of scientific accuracy. Over time, science has often discovered new facts that confirmed a revised understanding of the truth, previously unknown. These discoveries have always been consistent with the Bible, however, at times a careful consideration of the words and
The account of creation (the Bible: 1450 B.C.; science: 1900s). The account of creation as given in the Bible (Genesis 1) is accurate according to the steps understood by science. Written down originally by Moses, they were not fully recognized by science until the 1900s, using modern astronomy, physics, chemistry, paleontology, and geology.

Time, space and matter had a beginning (the Bible: 1450 B.C.; science: 1916). The Bible’s first words are “in the beginning.” And elsewhere, including the New Testament, there are references to the beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 1:2; 1 Corinthians 2:7). In 1915, Albert Einstein’s equations of general relativity proposed a beginning of time, matter and space. Later these equations were confirmed by repeated experiments.

The first law of thermodynamics (the Bible: 1450 B.C.; science: 1842). The law of conservation of energy indicates that matter and energy can neither be created nor destroyed (just converted). There are many biblical references to God’s completion (that is, there was no more creation), going as far back as Genesis (2:2-3), and also in several other books (Psalm 148:6; Isaiah 40:26; 2 Peter 3:3-7; Hebrews 4:3-4,10). Joule and Mayer both independently discovered this in the same year (1842), what is now known as the first law of thermodynamics.

The second law of thermodynamics (the Bible: 1000 B.C.; Science: 1850). Commonly known as entropy, this law states that all things progress from a state of order to a state of disorder (within a closed system) without a purposeful input of energy. Common illustrations: things decay, springs unwind, stars burn out, heat dissipates, and materials become mixed over time. There are many references to the principle of entropy in the Bible, for example,

In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like garment (Psalm 102:25-26).

Other similar references include Isaiah 51:6; Matthew 24:35; Romans 8:20-22; 1 John 2:17; and Hebrews 12:27. In 1850, Clausius discovered this second law of thermodynamics.

Circumcision on the eighth day (the Bible: 1450 B.C.; science: 1947). No one really knows for sure why God specifically chose circumcision as the sign of his covenant with Abraham (Genesis 17:11). Though it seems like an odd practice, research has indicated that it does have medical value. A study in the mid-1900s showed that Jewish women had a lower rate of cervical cancer. The smegma bacillus has been shown to be a major cause of cervical cancer. It can be easily carried in the foreskin of uncircumcised males and transferred to females through a abrasions of the cervix (as those occurring in childbirth).

Interestingly, God specified that newborns be circumcised on the eighth day after childbirth (Genesis 17:12). Research shows that infants are particularly susceptible to hemorrhaging from the second day after birth to the fifth. A small cut can be deadly. Vitamin K, necessary for the production of prothrombin (the body’s blood-clotting substance) is not present sufficiently until days five through seven. It skyrockets to 110 percent of normal on day eight, and then levels off. The Bible specifies the best possible day.

Sterilization (the Bible: 1450 B.C.; science: 1800s). It is easy to take our understanding of germs and disease for granted. However, germs and sterilization were not understood until the time of Joseph Lister (1865), near the end of the Civil War. The Bible required sterilization for many things: infectious disease (Leviticus 13), childbirth (chapter 12), bodily discharges (chapter 15), and handling of the dead (Numbers 19).

Interesting to note that many of the world’s greatest scientists have been Christians working from within a Christian worldview, including men such as Nicolaus Copernicus, Johannes Kepler, and Sir Isaac Newton. These brilliant men found to be true what many others discovered: The Bible is a book that can be trusted.

Archaeological Evidence

Archaeologists have discovered substantial support about many 
details of Jesus’ life. Some examples include:

Indirect Resurrection Evidence

Evidence that the people in Jesus’ time believed in the resurrection is found on caskets of bones (ossuaries) discovered in a sealed tomb outside Jerusalem in 1945. Coins minted in about A.D. 50 were found inside the caskets, dating the burial within about 20 years of Jesus’ crucifixion. Markings are clearly legible, including several statements reflecting knowledge of Jesus’ ability to overcome death. Example of writings (in Greek) of hope for deceased loved ones include: “Jesus, Help” and “Jesus, Let Him Arise.” The caskets also contain several crosses, clearly marked in charcoal. This is powerful evidence that early Christians believed in Jesus’ ability to triumph over death. It also ties the idea of victory over death to the cross.

Jesus’ Burial Shroud?

A burial shroud (Shroud of Turin) is believed by many people to be the actual burial shroud of Jesus (Matthew 27:59; Mark 15:46; Luke 23:53). Items supporting its authenticity are:

1. Test that confirm fiber type and small particles of limestone dust unique to the region.
2. Confirmation of blood, in wounds precisely as indicated in the accounts of Jesus’ unique execution.
3. Confirmation of a crucifixion as likely cause of the type of image created: matching a deceased body.
4. Coins on eyes dated about the time of Jesus’ crucifixion.

Sir William Ramsay (1852-1916). Sir William Ramsay was, arguably the greatest archaeologist of his day. His archaeological journeys took him to 32 countries, 44 cities, and 9 islands. Throughout some 15 years of intensive study, he concluded that “Luke is a historian of the first rank, this author should be placed along with the very greatest of historians.”

The Dead Sea Scrolls

Any doubt regarding the accurate transmission of manuscripts was erased in 1947
with the discovery of hundreds of scrolls buried in caves for nearly 2000 years. 
Many were written before 100 B.C. Comparison of biblical books with recent 
Jewish copies shows virtual no change in words or even letters.

The Trustworthiness of the New Testament

1 The New Testament has better manuscript evidence than any other ancient book.

a. There are over 5,000 New Testament manuscripts and portions of manuscripts. By comparison, the majority of classical works have less than 20 manuscripts.

b. The dates of the New Testament manuscripts are close to the original writings. One Gospel fragment (Ryland’s) dates about 25 years after the Gospel of John and most of the New Testament (Chester Beatty and Bodmer Papyri) from 50-150 years after the originals. Most classical works date from 700 – 1400 years after the originals.

c. None of the canonical New Testament is lost or missing. By comparison, 107 of Livy’s 142 books of history have been lost and about one half of Tacitus’ 30 books of Annals and Histories is missing.
2. Good arguments can be given that each of the Gospels was either written by an eyewitness, or significantly influenced by firsthand testimony, as recognized by many contemporary scholars.
3. Even without proving eyewitness authorship, the Gospels measure up well by normal historical standards used in ancient historiography.
4. The Gospel are trustworthy sources, as explained by A.M. Hunter
a. These Christian authors, like their Jewish counterparts, were careful to preserve traditional material.
b. The Gospels are close to eyewitness sources.
c. The Gospel authors were honest reporters.
d. The picture of Jesus presented in the four Gospels is virtually the same (see Archibald M. Hunter, Bible and Gospel, pp. 32-37).
5. The Gospels and Acts exhibit a specific interest in reporting historical facts, not mythology. This is especially the case when the life of Jesus is reported.
6. Contemporary historians frequently opposed the application of radical criticism to New Testament studies. According to A.N. Sherwin-White and Michael Grant, such attacks fail at a number of crucial points (see A.N. Sherman-White, Roman Society, pp. 186-193; Grant, Jesus: An Historian Review, pp. 179-184, 199-201).
a. Numerous ancient works exhibit intentions and methodologies similar to that of the New Testament authors, and yet these ancient works are well accredited as historical works.
b. There are no ancient writings in the category that radical critics place the Gospels.
c. New Testament books such as Acts have been largely confirmed by external test of historicity.
7. The Gospel and Acts were recognized as inspired books almost immediately after being written (see J.B. Lightfoot, The Apostolic Fathers).
a. 1 Timothy 5:18 quotes Luke 10:7 and refers to it as “Scripture.”
b. Clement of Rome (about AD 95) speaks of the “Gospel” and quotes portions found in all three synoptic Gospels, referring to them as the words of Jesus (Corinthians 13,46).
c. Ignatius (Smyrnaeans 3) and Polycarp (Philippians 2, 7), both writing about AD 115, refer to verses in the synoptic Gospels as the words of Christ.
8. Paul’s epistles were also recognized as inspired Scripture almost immediately after being written.
a. 2 Peter 3:15-16 calls Paul’s epistles “Scripture.”
b. Clement of Roman (Corinthians 47), Ignatius (Ephesians 10; to Polycarp 5), and Polycarp (Philippians 1,3-4, 6) all refer to Paul’s writings as inspired.

Ralph Muncaster, (former atheist) in his book: Examine the Evidence, presents extensive evidence to validate the truth-claims of Christianity. He provides compelling arguments from science, biblical prophecy, history, and archaeology. This former skeptic points out that of all religions and philosophies on earth, only one, Christianity is verifiable and testable. He was challenged to honestly investigate the Bible and the facts of modern science. He was stunned. Fact after fact, from biology, history, archaeology, physics, lined up with the Bible’s account!

Simon Greenleaf (1783-1853) Greenleaf, (former Atheist), one of the principle founders of the Harvard Law School, and a world-renowned expert on evidence, originally set out to disprove the biblical testimony concerning the resurrection of Jesus Christ. He was certain that a careful examination of the internal witness of the Gospels would dispel all the myths at the heart of Christianity. But this legal scholar came to the conclusion that the witnesses were reliable, and that the resurrection did in fact happen. Being a man of conviction and reason, and in accordance with his conclusions, Greenleaf converted from Agnosticism to Christianity.

Manuscript Documentation

The position of Jewish scribe was one of the most demanding and esteemed jobs in biblical times. After training for years, scribes were allowed to practice the profession only after age 30. Often referred to as doctors of the Law, they joined the priests in the teaching of the Law.

Scripture Copy Rules

Recording of Holy Scripture was a serious responsibility. So important was exact reproduction that Old Testament scribes were forced to adhere to demanding rules anytime a manuscript was copied:

1. Scrolls – special paper, ink, and surface preparation required.
2. Tight specifications – specified column number, 37 letters per column.
3. Master used – no duplicates of duplicates.
4. Each letter visually confirmed – no writing of phrases.
5. Distance between letters checked with thread.
6. Alphabet – each letter counted and compared to original.
7. Letters per page counted and compared to master.
8. Middle letter of scroll verified to be the same as the master.
9. One mistake – scroll was destroyed (i.e., master scrolls)

Consider the following facts about the Bible:

First, the Bible is not just one single book. This is a more common misconception than many people realize, especially with people who do not come from a Judeo-Christian background. Rather than being a single book, the Bible is actually a collection of 66 books, which is called the canon of scriptures. These 66 books contain a variety of genres: history, poetry, prophecy, wisdom literature, letters, and apocalyptic just to name a few.

Second, these 66 books were written by 40 different authors. These authors came from a variety of backgrounds: shepherds, fishermen, doctors, kings, prophets, and others. And most of these authors never knew one another personally.

Third, these 66 books were written over a period of 1500 years. Yet again, this is another reminder that many of these authors never knew or collaborated with one another in writing these books.

Fourth, the 66 books of the Bible were written in 3 different languages. In the Bible we have books that were written in the ancient languages of Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic; a reflection of the historical and cultural circumstances in which each of these books were written.

And finally, these 66 books were written on 3 different continents: Africa, Asia, and Europe . Once again, this is a testament to the varied historical and cultural circumstances of God's people.

Think about the above realities: 66 books, written by 40 different authors, over 1500 years, in 3 different languages, on 3 different continents. What's more, this collection of books shares a common storyline - the creation, fall, and redemption of God's people; a common theme - God's universal love for all of humanity; and a common message - salvation is available to all who repent of their sins and
commit to following God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength. In addition to sharing these commonalities, these 66 books contain no historical errors or contradictions. God's word truly is an amazing collection of writings!

The entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, bears the mark of Divine inspiration.

The Bible Itself Argues Against the Possibility of Its Corruption

The charge that the Bible has been corrupted, contradicts what the Bible itself teaches. After all, in Isaiah 40:8 we read, “The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands for ever.” In the New Testament Jesus says, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away”
(Matthew 24:35).

The Almighty God who had the power and sovereign control to inspire the Scriptures in the first place is surely going to continue to exercise His power and sovereign control in the preservation of Scripture.

• Confused 1

@Troy  Why, Why, Why?  😐

Since I'm on a brain cleanse, I have read your words and the first few lines of the guest poster.  

My question to the guest poster would be why do they need someone to agree with them.  Isn't it enough they believe?  What's the purpose of having others believe too? 

Most Christians believe they must proselytize, save souls. This of course is where the problems invariably arise. It is human nature I guess...

I shared to see what others thought.

2 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Since I'm on a brain cleanse,...

That is an interesting idea. Is that like a colon cleanse. Where you purge your system and don't take in any more garbage for a few days?  If so, how does one purge one's brain; what is the mental version of a laxative 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Troy said:

If so, how does one purge one's brain; what is the mental version of a laxative 😉<span><span><span><span>

You begin by using your imagination!

Also, your brain has a delete button

But anyway, next don’t reinforce the “junk” messages.  Remember the  saying “let it go in one ear and out the other”  It works.  We seem to retain what we respond/react to. So whether you say “I hate this” or “I love that” you’re still giving it space.  So be neutral and let it pass. Don’t build on it.   Then just like a laxative, fill your mind with something foreign.  Imagine things that send you on a scavenger hunt for more things you’ve never heard of.

Today, I was writing a post for The Thriving Writer and I decided I needed 1 word to describe a concept... So I “bing-ed” it and found there is such a thing as a Enigmatologist.  There’s only 1 who actually has a degree in puzzle creation and he created his own degree that was conferred upon him in 1974 from the University of Indiana.

From my one small quest - I learned that It’s possible to create your own undergraduate degree in something like puzzlemaking AND allegedly be the only one in the world -to use it.  He currently works at the New York Times as a crossword puzzle editor. 

That’s just a few examples - but thank you! You’ve given me a topic for next week’s blog post.

Also refrain from “commentary”...instead take a concept in a whole new direction.  

For example; “The Bible is scientifically Accurate”  

Instead of commenting on the topic directly in an attempt to refute or cosign the claims - we expand the topic. For example we return to @Chevdove post where we began to speculate about quantum mechanics - time travel and the possiblity of passing through walls.  This is how you perform a brain cleanse...😊

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Delano said:

is the coming attraction any good?

Can’t tell yet.  I hope the original poster sees this discussion and tells us why their believing isn’t enough.  So far, I’ve never heard a reason why being a lone believer is enough.  Even “the watchers” know their lane. 👀

6 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

So whether you say “I hate this” or “I love that” you’re still giving it space.

This is so very true.

Still i could not help but complain and debate folks about all the attention the media gave to Trump before he became POTUS.  Even smart journalists I know argued that it was important that 45's crackpot tweets be covered. Obviously the coverage of his innane tweets drew eyeballs and revenue the impact on our country did not matter.

The journlist I spoke to felt it was important the cover the tweets of a huckster with zero political experience and even less couth and intellect -- treating him like a serious candidate-- Giving trump a platform that was unparalleled contributing to his being elected as President in some twisted reality tv show that has become our lives.

But if the junk messages go unchallenged -- then what? Should the public simply ignore the pending disaster caused by man's impact on the earth or facebook's mind control over so many? Do we let any wack job say the measles vaccince causes autism, as so called journalists give any lunatic with a conspiracy theory equal standing with scientists and doctors?

I don't think we can. I read the rest of guest message... sad. The person who made the comment will not likely reply. I'll see if i can retrieve their info, reach out, and see what they do.

@Mel Hopkins I did not think the brain had a delete button -- at least not one we controlled. I'll read the article.

54 minutes ago, Troy said:

Still i could not help but complain and debate folks about all the attention the media gave to Trump before he became POTUS. 

And how did that complaining work for you?  

45 is sitting in the oval office signing his executive orders, gutting federal offices and stacking the federal benches with conservative judges...

A brain cleanse is not about dumbing yourself down.  It’s about clearing your mind to use it to benefit yourself and others.  

For example, you mentioned “teaching”  made you better at building your website.  That’s a win for you and your students. 

Arguing  with google - didn’t stop them from changing their algorithm - but it did cause you to connect with your audience in more meaningful ways.

It’s not a quick fix but you’re building a viable community in addition to the drive-bys despite google, Mr. Troy “featured in Rupert Murdoch’s Wall Street Journal” Johnson. 

And that’s the goal of a clear mind. You are more effective at transmitting a message that connects with your audience.   Arguing the obvious reinforces the message in both the sender and the receiver. 

Instead, consider not paying attention to 45’s antics. And instead following and talking  about the EOs and bills he signs - especially the ones that take an emotional toll.  

Pay attention to what the federal courts overturn and share that info.  

Follow net neutrality and make it easy for others to understand; follow the federal tax laws - and use those as talking points.  You were in finance -use your knowledge and make the 5-year-old in us understand about the tax laws. 

The tax reform has to be awful for w-2 employees. In comparison, there are a lot of expense write offs for self-employed and business owners.

Bread & butter, pocketbook issues, and education costs seem to resonate with people.

Showing people how to fish - is far more effective than saying “eating pork is bad for you”.  

• Thanks 1

@Mel Hopkins @Troy @Del The ideas you expressed in your posts on this thread were so stimulating and enlightening and profound that i express my gratitude to you all for doing my thinking for me.  Obviously i agree with what you say. (i think there a correlation between my being able to acknowledge this and the fact that Pioneer has not injected his comments)   You have all on occasion, indicated that my perspective on a subject has grounded you.  But this time you deserve the kudos for creating a seat for me in the outside of the box arena. My final thought on the subject is that religion is a force that captivates and robs you of your freedom to  develop your own divinity.  The only ones empowered by it are the leaders who preach it. Truth is an orphan that everyone wants to adopt.   

i just finished doing my income tax.  Because my pensions are not taxed enough, i usually end up owing money.  i could remedy this by requesting that the IRS take more money out, but i've just opted to make up the diference when i file. I do my taxes on-line for free courtesy of the Federal Government, my former employer, and it's a fairly simple process, especially since i don't itemize and i have complete health insurance coverage that i can afford.   I'd have to lie to get money back and I don't want to rock the boat.  Typically I pay back about $1,250.00.  This year, thanks to Trump's  tax break, i owed $935.00.  Big deal.  But i'm not complaining,  For some reason,  this doesn't affect my bottom line in any way.   I say this to say that i am somehow  nestled in a niche that keeps me under the radar.  Nothing that goes on in this world, so far,  has an impact on my life.  On all levels of my existence, i do as i please and manage to escape major repercussions or consequences.  All of my complaints result from my dismay over what other people are doing to other people in the realm of politics. All around me the world is in disarray and America in unrest.  But i am just a spectator. 

From time to time i shift into a dimension where i am taunted by mischievous forces, but as much as this can vex me i find it to be a  intriguing phenomenon that introduces me to a invisible world full of wonderment and untapped power.   Life, if nothing else, is a fascinating challenge.

• Like 2

The Bible (actually just the Torah) started off as a book of laws and statues FROM Africans (Kemet specifically) given TO Caucasians to civilize them while they were living savagely in the Caucasus mountains.

Why was meat put on an alter and sacrificed?
You couldn't explain to a savage how germs would make them sick, so you had to tell him to burn it as an offering and then eat it afterwards in order to keep him from getting sick.

So no, we shouldn't believe in the Bible because it's not our book.
It wasn't written for us, but for Caucasians.

Despite how similarly we behave from living in this society for centuries, we actually have a different nature, and therefor we should have a different moral code and different spiritual practices.

Troy

That is an interesting idea. Is that like a colon cleanse. Where you purge your system and don't take in any more garbage for a few days? If so, how does one purge one's brain; what is the mental version of a laxative

Try "brainwashing" techniques.....lol.

Or meditation.

Even when it's organized it can help or it can hurt.

It really depends on the person.

Although I don't think it's best for me personally, I recognize that some people actually DO need organized religion.

Just like some people need a regimented institution like the military to make sure they take a bath every day, eat properly, and go to bed and wake up on time....because they're not disciplined enough to do it on their own.....

It's the same with organized religion.
Some people need it to keep THEIR lives organized and morally correct.

The problem is when they try to FORCE their morals and religious beliefs on others.

But if a person living in my community needs to believe in Jesus and get "saved" in order to keep them from breaking in houses, raping, or killing people.....not only will I encourage them to go to church I'LL DRIVE THEM EVERY SUNDAY!

On 4/7/2019 at 12:20 PM, Troy said:

I started to read the article but I stopped once I got the line in all caps that says, "THE BIBLE IS SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE."

Well, I guess I am in that category that you stated further because, yes, the Bible is scientifically accurate in various ways and methodology, but I would never waste my time posting somthing like this to try and convice anybody. 

Why do some religious folks have to insist that the Bible is scientifically accurate. This is absurd on it's face.

I partially agree with you in that it is pointless to coin this phrase 'as a whole', but I believe that certain subject matter should include Bible references regarding certain scientific matter.

However just because something is not scientifically accurate does not mean that is can't be true.

Yes, I agree! But again, I think it would be more useful to simply address certain subject matters regarding 'scientific approah' and use scholarly references and then then include Biblical references as a source for the topic of interest.

Still the more zealous of the religious fanatics insists that it is -- which will keep them in the wing-nut category as far as I'm concerned.

@Troy I insist that it is--The Bible is a collection works that are are based on a scientific basis, but I would only address the topics that I  have researched and don't all. 

I a person goes to college and obtains a four year degree in many subject areas of discipline, this is called A B.S. DEGREE; a BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE, whether it is a BS degree in HISTORY, a BS degree in MATH, and BS degree in ENGINEERING, a BS degree in PSYCHOLOGY, a BS degree IN LANGUAGE ARTS, and etc. A MASTERS OF SCIENCE DEGREE in for example EGYPTOLOGY, ... -- these kinds of disciplines are firmly based on a SCIENTIFIC PROCESS and a methodology of study and discipline developed on a long period of time that involves a scholarly collection of many works that can be referenced globally and confirmed, and datable material, and etc............ and can be backed up SCIENTIFICALLY and translated into other languages.... The Bible content is no different! It contains many subject areas and can be dated and matched to many civilizations, and oncepts and thus... confirmed!

LOL--- WING NUTS...  

Still I'm sharing it here because I do actually intent to read the entire thing, and it would be interesting to see what other think. And if you believe this don't be put off by my "wing-nut" comment 🙂  It is just my way of emphasizing how much I disagree with the scientifically accurate statement.

@Troy LOL! Okay! 

c. The Gospel authors were honest reporters.

WOW, I wasn't going to read this, but then, I glanced at some parts, and this statement like many others has nothing to do with science and the Bible being confirmed based on any science methods at all! Geez! LOL.

The entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, bears the mark of Divine inspiration.

IS THIS A JOKE!? This and so many other statemens in this monotonous post show a complete contradiction with regards to 'sciencitic basis'! 

On 4/7/2019 at 8:21 PM, Troy said:

Most Christians believe they must proselytize, save souls. This of course is where the problems invariably arise. It is human nature I guess...

Not me! LOL! At this point in time, when it comes  to 'believing in the Bible' or 'believing in the Creator' or believing in 'Jesus'... it becomes a matter of 'common sense'. I don't believe that Christians should attempt to 'proselytize and save souls BLINDLY'... throwing pearls out to someone who already has enough information and has come to the conclusion that they reject CERTAIN FORMS OF CHRISTIANITY. I believe that, as a Christian it is important to share certain aspects of truth from a personal experience based format and then, this kind of information sharing will be affective to help someone get a better understanding of truth. Sharing information should be no different than sharing information from any perspective, and if people don't believe in what you share, it is not different than trying to explain physics to someone who has a 3rd grade mentality--they many not be apt to receive it for this reason or many other reasons. It may simply not be an interest to them. It's a matter of choice. Sharing information is human nature in my opinion. 

Asking someone to explain a topic that they may think they have a good understanding but in reality may not, may lead to more of a confusion. Expecting someone to listen to you speak about a certain topic that they believe they already know, is also a waste of time, because, they may be right. 

On 4/7/2019 at 8:58 PM, Delano said:

is the coming attraction any good?

@Delano LOL!