...Tap, Tap, Tap Is This Thing On?

{Looking around like the last guy on Earth surveying his surroundings after a nuclear holocaust or the Rapture.}

Since @harry brown has posted recently, I presume the site is not broken. Indeed, in the time that it took me to write this 16 people have visited this forum:

users on the site.jpg

I guess the period between Palm Sunday and Easter is really slow around here. Maybe everyone is on spring break (actually mine starts Friday).  Or maybe, more ominously, social media's domination and control over the online conversation is now complete.

Does that mean I can't communicate with my people unless I go to Facebook... Lawd help me!

• Haha 2

😃  I’m here!  But I’ve been poking around doing research on Black authors who have written series... Then I found this other website that catalogs every series that’s ever been created.   And then I realized I don’t know the names of every black author, yet I’m trying to make a comprehensive list.. so, there’s that...lol

Yes, this thing is on 👋🏽

• Like 1

I'm just uninspired and unmotivated. 'Don't have anything to say and am becoming indifferent to all the crap going on in the world.  The whole political scene is cock-eyed and discouraging.   Elsewhere,  I couldn't care less about the fire that razed the cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris, a  fiery holocaust that  struck me as being karma for the hypocrisy and corruption within the Catholic church.

i'm suspended in a zone which regularly reminds me of how out-of-kilter my sphere of existence is as things are still disappearing, then materializing in a familiar place days later, - this along with weird examples of syncronicity between unexpected occurrences.  I'm also like a time traveler as my memories and dreams constantly return to the distant past.  And the weather. Below freezing temps and ground covered with snow one day, then 70 degrees and sunny 2 days later...rash of fatal accidents in the area with drivers going the wrong way on Chicago's expressway, plowing into oncoming traffic...my grandson's dog becoming more attached to me, always wanting to hang out in my room...in-laws suddenly back in my life.   Craziness.   

The return of "Game of Thrones" did break through and pique my interest, and looking forward to seeing how it comes out is one of the few things that captivates my focus, along with the Reconstruction era documentaries airing on PBS.  Oh, well. Hopefully, i'll snap out of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cynique said:

The return of "Game of Thrones" did break through and pique my interest, and looking forward to seeing how it comes out is one of the few things that captivates my focus, along with the Reconstruction era documentaries airing on PBS.  Oh, well. Hopefully, i'll snap out of it.  

Ahhhh.....Game of Thrones.

More powerful and confident (and quite violent) White men for you and Mel to appreciate and fall inlove with, lol.

• Haha 1

Yeah I watched GOT last night.  I wish they would release all the episodes so that I can binge watch the final season.  Waiting a whole week for the next episode is so 20th century...  Man if I did not have to wait for over a year for this season I would just wait until the end of this season to to binge.

I have been watching the new season of Star Trek and it is a challenge to keep watching it is so much like a soap opera.  If Michael Bernum (Spock's Black step sister) cries in again in the episode I swear I'm going to stop watching -- she was raised on Vulcan for Christ's sake... ah never mind...

Well, I'm glad the site is not broken. Now how do I get all the people who register new accounts to participate?  While I block more than I approve there are at least 10 to 20 new people signing up each week.  In fact someone registered while I was making this post, but if history is any indicators that visitor will not post. 

One does not need to post to read the forums or to even post comments, so it has never been clear why someone would register and never post. If I had the resources I would try to figure out why this happens.  

• Like 1

"Game Of Thrones" is not for everybody.  The plot is intriguing, the acting and dialogue outstanding but the violence and sex are gratuitous.  Keeping up with the characters and story-line for a 10-year run of over 60 episodes is a challenge but i've binge-watched it in its entirety 3 times on HBO re-reuns during the yearly hiatuses, and i've found it to be well worth the wait for this final season which is off to an interesting start. I credit this epic with inspiring me to keep on living.  It ends in May, so i'm hanging on, hoping to even make it to August for my 86th birthday. 😱

A lot of latecomers to "GOT" don't stay with it, and complain about various aspects of its production before dropping out.   Other people boast about having never watched one single episode of it, and i look at them, shrug, and say: "so what"?  I never try to persuade anyone to become a fan. You either like it, or you don't. 

What with all of the frenzy over the releases from super hero movie franchises, and Star Wars reboots, people are hungry for escapism, yearning for somebody to come and save the world. Without even trying, Trump is a perfect anti-hero by default. As much as i try to tune him out, I really hate him and his supporters who are growing in numbers while Democrats chase their tails.  

@Troy i m trying to muster up some energy and concentration to "do my thing". It ain't easy being a zombie.   😖 

@Cynique I hear you.  If you don't do it I'll do it for you :-)  It would be best with your input. 

It would be interesting to read you take on GOT after the series ends.  Yes the violence and the sex was gratuitous.  In the later seasons they seemed to have back off on the sex and no one died in the season opener so...

My kid and her coworkers have a pool and chart for who will die first this season. So far those who picked no one are winning :-)

The acting and production of GOT in on the scale of a major motion picture. My favorite character is Tyrion Lannister, that dwarf is too cool! But was he too trust of his conniving and incestuous sister?

@Delano I was not familiar with the series American Gods it looks worth checking out.  But I don't have access to Starz.  I'll check to see if it is on Amazon Prime before I allow my subscription to lapse.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Troy said:

I hear you.  If you don't do it I'll do it for you 🙂 It would be best with your input. 

My input in readily available for the choices you make. You know i'm better at responding than initiating.  😉 

7 hours ago, Troy said:

It would be interesting to read you take on GOT after the series ends.

I wonder myself what my final thoughts will be on GOT, whose characters have become like friends - and enemies to me.  I have my own theory of how it all will end but  i hesitate to reveal it.  Daenarys is my favorite character, naturally.  A strong woman.

@DelanoI have access to American Gods because i have Starz but i've never watched it... Maybe i'll check it out.  As for me needing a worthy opponent, can a worthy opponent also be a soul mate?  😮 

• Like 1