Look At This Garbage......

This is a clip from a new movie called "Little" which I guess is supposed to be a modern version of "Big".
I'm looking for a more detailed version in which the Issa is stuttering and stammering in the presence of this White man because she finds him so attractive.

So it's not enough to have adult Black women salivating and panting over White men, but now they gotta train little Black girls to do the same thing???

Training our little sisters to be all up in movies making passes as White men and acting like they're in heat for them.

What kind of message are scenes like this supposed to be sending, and for whom???

Clearly, @Pioneer1 we are not the target audience for this film. But the film is rated PG-13 and not intended for "little Black girls" either. 

While I feel you, in this case you may be reading too much into it. You know major motion pictures have to have good white people in them or they can't be made. This is par for the course.

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

What kind of message are scenes like this supposed to be sending, and for whom???

@Pioneer1 LOL. There seems to be a lot of different themes being pushed in the film, not only that White man. This movie is connected to, I think, Girl Trip, so, I can see the similar themes. I just recently saw that movie, and don't know what to think really. I do think movies are used to push politic issues though. 

4 hours ago, Troy said:

But the film is rated PG-13 and not intended for "little Black girls" either. 

Oh but, because of the young girl in it, it will probably be 'intended' for little Black girls--conditioning--nonetheless. 

11 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Oh but, because of the young girl in it, it will probably be 'intended' for little Black girls--conditioning--nonetheless. 

Well any little girl who has a parents that would allow her to see this film has bigger problems to deal with than this film.

Look, this is a dumb comedy that was critically crapped on and will have zero cultural significance.  

We have bigger fish to fry like Facebook's Instagram.

Troy

This is a major film and it's getting heavy endorsement and advertisement.

I think you're taking this too lightly or not looking into the implications of it deeply enough.

With all of the uproar and hell being raised about R Kelly and Elijah Muhammad's interactions with girls and young ladies.....

Now some of these same people who were making the most noise are now silent over a film that in a back handed way seems to sexualize a 14 year old girl and make it seem as if she has the hots for a grown White man.

Again, what kind of messages are they putting into the minds of young Black girls depicting another young Black girls who can be seen over and over again giving a grown White man "bedroom eyes" and overtly flirting with him?

Who's sick ass fantasy is this?

Did Issa Rae think this was cute?

Isn't the hook of this comedy that the  "little girl" character is actually a grown woman who through some fluke has suddenly become trapped in a 14 year old's body?  The kid playing this role is a very precocious young lady who is a co-producer of the movie and for whom it is a showcase to introduce her acting skills.  This film is a spoof not to be taken seriously.  

So the next time a little Black girl accuses a grown White man of sexual assault, will she be believed?

Or will people have this image buried into their subconscious of how overt and  seductive even the LITTLE Black girls can be when "tempting" White men.....and take that into consideration for justifying any behavior inflicted upon her?

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

So the next time a little Black girl accuses a grown White man of sexual assault, will she be believed?

That question can also be asked  in the case  of a teen-aged white girl accusing a white man.  Nowadays, the credibility of every accuser is questioned because all teen-aged females know how to be seductive, thanks to the media and the internet. 

• Like 1