Michelle Obama Gives Beyonce Some Advice

Me neither @Delano. Normally I would skip over stuff like this, but occasionally I'll check things just so that I'm not 100% out of the pop-culture loop. 

The headline I used for this post was the same one used by the Huntington Post -- another click-baity misleading head line they are prone to using.  I wanted to see if it would attract more attention than other posts here (it did not).

I'm curious to understand why Michelle produced a video to praise her friend -- when a call or text message to Beyonce would more than suffice.  Is Michelle Obama no different than any of the other attention seeking social media junkies out there?

My 20-something kid was in town this past weekend and we watched the Beyonce Chochella (sp?) convert documentary, for which Michelle Obama was praising Beyonce in the video above (@Chevdove) -- also something I would not normally do.  It was a major production and I can only image how much money Beyonce made giving that performance. I have to say though I loved how she integrated the marching band into the performance -- but I love HBCU marching bands :-)

• Like 3

On 4/25/2019 at 5:12 PM, Troy said:

Beyonce made giving that performance. I have to say though I loved how she integrated the marching band into the performance -- but I love HBCU marching bands 🙂

Allegedly $8 million for her Coachella 2 weekend appearance last year and $60 million for the 3-content deal with Netflix.

One thing I enjoy about Beyonce is that she continues to bring African American culture to the mainstream stage.  

This past weekend Kanye did the same with his Sunday service —- I felt like I was back in a black baptist church during his set on Easter Sunday.  To see pink arms swaying in the air to gospel music was bedazzling lol.  

Anyway, with Lemonade and its visual album she brought elements of the Yoruba traditions to the mainstage.  

Both Michelle Obama and Beyonce celebrate each other publicly - Beyonce wrote Mrs Obama’s Time 100 caption

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 5:44 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

This past weekend Kanye did the same with his Sunday service —- I felt like I was back in a black baptist church during his set on Easter Sunday.  To see pink arms swaying in the air to gospel music was bedazzling lol.  

@Troy and @Mel Hopkins This is the kind of post that makes me so happy that this forum exist. I never heard of Coachella! I had no idea about Beyonce's performance! I guess that's why former First Lady decided to plug it! I loved it! It brings back so many memories for me when I was in college.

And, I had no idea about Kanye's performance too. Wow! It was awesome.

• Like 2

@Cynique I hear ya. I'm too old and too male to be moved by this public exchange of platitudes myself.

I did not consider that they were endeavoring to be role models. It seems a bit self serving.... i mean we all have friends that we are proud of, but who goes on twitter to praise them... i dunno. Again, this is for the kids I guess.

Maybe if Ms. Obama praised someone unknown but doing great work...

• Like 1