I Heard Facebook Gave Farrakhan the Boot

Now I don't think that a man like Minister Farrakhan spends time connecting with family and friends on Facebook. Nor do I think he needs, or desires Facebook, anymore than you or I.

I just went to Facebook and still see plenty of Farrakhan related content, so I have know idea what Facebook's banning of Farrakhan really means. I read the NY Times account and it was not illuminating.

Then it dawned on me! Facebook made this announcement in desperate move to garner attention and visitors to their site. Well it worked on me, 'cause I scrolled through Facebook site for the first time in the better part of a year.

My overall reaction was that there was nothing there to see, and that I was manipulated, by a platform quickly hurtling toward irrelevancy. Good riddance.

• Like 1

So you don't believe Farrakhan runs a hate group. Do you think Marky Z was justified in kicking Farrakhan to curb?

If not should people do somthing about it? Do we just should just let Zuck tell the world Farrakhan runs a hate group without consequence?

Of course we will, because we are constructly weak as a people...

3 hours ago, Troy said:

So you don't believe Farrakhan runs a hate group. Do you think Marky Z was justified in kicking Farrakhan to curb?

Wow! Well, I wonder now, just what the specific statement used to justify kicking  him off. But. I don't spend hardly any time on Facebook because I don't want to get drawn into it.

2 hours ago, Delano said:

Weakness or resignation? 

Or maybe fear? 

• Like 1

The media is calling Minister Farrakhan part of the "far right" although he promotes Supremacy of the Black man which is the opposite of White Supremacy.....lol.

Perhaps it's his stance on homosexuality and criticizm of Jews that got him that lable.

Promoting racial superiority, embracing homophobia, and spewing anti-semitism are, indeed,  tenets of right wing  politics, and your hero is nothing more than a black nazi full of hate for the "other".  Farrakhan is exactly where he belongs, in a category with the 2 white conspiracy bigots who FaceBook also gave the boot to.  (And it's not "lable", it's "label." )

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cynique said:

Promoting racial superiority, embracing homophobia, and spewing anti-semitism are, indeed,  tenets of right wing  politics, and your hero is nothing more than a black nazi full of hate for the "other".  Farrakhan is exactly where he belongs, in a category with the 2 white conspiracy bigots who FaceBook also gave the boot to.  (And it's not "lable", it's "label." )

Thank YOU! Exactly!!!  I still don't know why some folks are surprised Farrakhan got the boot. I can't believe Hidden Colors Tariq Nasheed is still on twitter.  😄

Cynique

and your hero is nothing more than a black Nazi full of hate for the "other". Farrakhan is exactly where he belongs, in a category with the 2 white conspiracy bigots

A "Black Nazi"?????

Not only is this an oxymoron FROM a moron...........
But I've never heard of Minister Farrakhan killing or even advocating the killing of anyone like the Nazis.
I've never heard of Minister Farrakhan building or sending anyone to gas chambers or ovens like the Nazis.
Infact, Minister Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam don't even carry guns and prohibit them from their meetings!

But Minster Farrakhan is a powerful intelligent man with a large following and I can understand how that it could make someone like YOU upset since you only find those qualities admirable in WHITE MEN.

Now go back to enjoying your fantasy as a sex slave for the poweful and hairy White men you so appreciate on the Game of Thrones.....lol.

Image result for game of thrones violence

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

a black Nazi full of hate for the "other".  

Whoa... hold on there lets not get carried away. Black Nazi is a bit much don't yi3u think?  How many Jews has Farrakhan killed? I'll tell you: none.

Have you listened to Farrakhan in context or are you just parroting what Facebook says?

I just now read @Pioneer1's response and see I'm being repetitive. 

@Mel Hopkins why are you surprised Tariq has not been booted from Twitter? Are you surprised 45 hasn't been booted too?

Do you see tweets from Tariq? I quess that means you must agree with him, using your reasoning from our other conversation.

22 minutes ago, Troy said:

Do you see tweets from Tariq? I

@Troy, no I don’t.

Do you know how Twitter works?

I only see his tweets when I go into trending topics.  That’s when  I see how he provokes folks.  

As for 45, I muted him when he was elected.  The only time I see his tweets is when I watch. “Deadline” 

I don’t follow Farrakhan but I do follow 2 women who follow him. I had to mute one of who seemed enthralled by his rhetoric.    But she has since calmed down.  

See how that works?   We can decide who and what we see. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I only see his tweets when I go into trending topics.  

Yes, but you see them. In fact you've seen enough of them to make a judgment call about whether he should he be on the Twitter and are even talking about his tweets here.

Who decides how his tweets are seen and makes it into the trending topics? 

You are not ready to see it now... it is a red/blue pill thing.

45 minutes ago, Troy said:

Yes, but you see them. In fact you've seen enough of them to make a judgment call about whether he should he be on the Twitter and are even talking about his tweets here.

Who decides how his tweets are seen and makes it into the trending topics? 

You are not ready to see it now... it is a red/blue pill thing.

@TroyI don’t think you know how twitter works ... I asked but you didn’t answer.  

I have to literally look for his tweets in trending topics -NOT every trending topic.  And if you look at anyone’s tweets and know enough about Twitter - you definitely know who is going to end up in Twitter Jail.

But you don’t know enough about twitter for us to have this debate - i’d have to spend too much time

explaining it to you. 

I’ll just say this he doesn’t show up in my twitterfeed because no one I follow follows him. 

I see every thing you do on twitter because  I turned on your notifications -so if we are on at the same time - I can retweet, comment and like what you ever you do on twitter.. 

You can say blue pill or red but take it to heart because  these social media networks are mirrors of us and the folks we hang with.

52 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@TroyI don’t think you know how twitter works ... I asked but you didn’t answer.  

You are confusing a lack of affinity with a lack of understanding.

I've used Twitter since it was invented.  You don't get as many followers as i have not knowing how to use it Mel.

I use Twitter, but I don't allow it to use me. Again, this is something you can't see.

Twitter can dissappear tomorrow and it will make no difference to me. Acutally, if it meant not hearing about anither tweet from 45 I wish it would go away tomorrow.

While Troy is waiting for Mel to reply to his statement above...

@Pioneer1@Troy If you 2 are offended by my calling Farrakhan a black nazi, it's is too friggin bad. Get over it.  In 2019, you don't have to be a killer to be called a nazi, albeit Farrakhan was complicit in Malcolm's execution. All you have to do is  what neo nazis do: spew anti-semitism, and homophobia and racial superiority, - which is why i called pioneer's "secret crush" a black nazi. Pioneer has had a hard-on for Farrakhan for years, creams in his jeans at just the thought of him and pees on himself if i say anything bad about his idol with feet of clay.   And just like you guys' , Hitler's sycophants thought he was doing good things for the master race. As for "Farkie" upsetting me, no way. I'm case hardened against bigots.  i really couldn't care less about whether he stays or goes on Twitter.   i take him with a grain of salt, like i do all glib, unctuous con men.  

pioneer's conception of the white male characters i fantasize about in Game of Thrones is, of course, inaccurate.  But even the picture he included is preferable to a reject like him who admitted that people find him ugly. And if that isn't bad enough he's also obnoxious.  BWAHAHAHAHAH!

Ahhh but not so with with my GOT guy, Jon Snow.    

1198941351_jonsnow.jpg.e322fab6bfba74da26e2b89bf9fc9b3f.jpg

@Mel Hopkins  Thanks for explaining how Twitter works.  Sounds complicated which is why i keep it simple and limit my social media  participation to just scrolling and "liking" and trolling and ranting on FaceBook. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

Thanks for explaining how Twitter works.  Sounds complicated 

Actually it is not very complicated at all. Nothing designed to be used by the masses is designed to be complicated. Even 45 has mastered it to the point where he plays the media like a fiddle.

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

If you 2 are offended by my calling Farrakhan a black nazi, it's is too friggin bad. Get over it.  In 2019, you don't have to be a killer to be called a nazi, albeit Farrakhan was complicit in Malcolm's execution. 

Cynique, I'm not exactly loosing sleep over your statement. I'm just not gonna join the chorus of Zuck and other white folks and put Minister Farrakhan in the same class as a Hitler.

Yes you are right about not having to be a killer to be called a Nazi today, but that is a problem because the term has lost it's meaning and confuses people. Some really do believe Farrakhan is as bad as Hitler. This is particularly troublesome when other Bkack people do it.

You condemn Farrakhan for being "complicit in Malcolm's execution." Do you also condemn Muhammad Ali or do you worship him like the other white people? We can't keep allowing white people to tell us whuch Bkack people are acceptable.

On lighter note: did you notice coffee cup on the last GOT episode? (That was a good episode)

9 hours ago, Troy said:

I've used Twitter since it was invented.  You don't get as many followers as i have not knowing how to use it Mel.

I use Twitter, but I don't allow it to use me. Again, this is something you can't see.

Twitter can dissappear tomorrow and it will make no difference to me. Acutally, if it meant not hearing about anither tweet from 45 I wish it would go away tomorrow.

@TroyYou don't know how it works ... if you did you would have understood how I saw Tariq's tweets without them appearing in my feed.  In fact, just by the way you discuss most things about social networks - shows you don't know.   You may think you're using Twitter - but if you think it's about drawing traffic to aalbc...then you aren't using it very well.  

We both started twitter in 2008 - you in your birthday month and me in my birthday month - It's easy to get followers - but what's not easy is to get them to retweet you or like your tweets... You have almost 6000 followers yet your tweets average the same ratio as mine and I only have about 1800 followers.  

I don't post that much - I tend to retweet and like post, but mostly I'm gathering information and looking for trends.  

But using something effectively requires understanding it.  You are  a product on twitter but your blinders are preventing you from getting more than what you're giving up.   

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

Thanks for explaining how Twitter works.  Sounds complicated which is why i keep it simple and limit my social media  participation to just scrolling and "liking" and trolling and ranting on FaceBook. 

@Cynique  thank you!  - I don't feel I shared much.    Twitter does incremental changes  to its design practically every quarter ... so you're right it can be complicated especially if you don't use it every day. 

It's a natural social network for writers and journalists  especially broadcast journalists.  You'll find a lot of legislators and politicians on there because of the ratio of journalists /writers / news publications.

But it's perfect for me because I can connect  with magazine editors and literary agents to see what's on their manuscript wish list or what type of pitches they're looking to publish in their newspapers or magazines.  

Oh please Mel repeating that I don t know how Twitter works does not make it true. 

I measure my success on Twitter based upon how much traffic I get from Twitter to my website -- not by how many "likes" I get on comments. There is a whole psychology of likes that you are aware of I'm sure, but are deliberately ignoring for it would force you to address how manipulative the platform is. It is one if several reasons I have contempt for the platform, and social media in general. 

24 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

it can be complicated especially if you don't use it every day. 

Oh please a dumb grade schooler can use Twitter.

25 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

You are  a product on twitter but your blinders are preventing you from getting more than what you're giving up.   

Been there done that. @Mel Hopkins you have rejected my experience and success using Twitter solely on the basis that I think it sucks and is hurting our culture.

Without checking do you know what percentage if tweets are generated by bots? Does it matter to you?

I used to make money on Twitter though automated tweets. If you intetested I'll tell how.

You dismiss my follower count as easy to accomplish, but do you know what percentage of people on Twitter have half as many followers as I have? Do you what it tskes to get a lot of followers?

Your rejection of my knowledge of Twitter is intellectually dishonest Mel and preventing you from learning from me.

Just now, Troy said:

Without checking do you know what percentage if tweets are generated by bots? Does it matter to you?

@TroyYes, but if you haven't noticed - Twitter let's you know how the tweets arrive on the website.

1 minute ago, Troy said:

You dismiss my follower count as easy to accomplish, but do you know what percentage of people on Twitter have half as many followers as I have? Do you what it tskes to get a lot of follower

you do know  that's not a lot of followers, right?  But what matters is how the tweet  is echoed throughout the system. You're not engaging your followers in a meaningful way - if I didn't have your notifications on - I'd never see your tweets because they aren't retweeted, liked or commented on.  With almost 6000 followers you'd come up in my feed more often than those who only have 1000 but are engaged by others.  By the way;  Twitter dumped most of the fake accounts and bots in 2017 and more get dumped at least every quarter.

8 minutes ago, Troy said:

Your rejection of my knowledge of Twitter is intellectually dishonest Mel and preventing you from learning from me.

That's not how learning works. You can make me aware of something and it's up to me to synthesize it - but so far you haven't shared anything I don't already know. 

1 hour ago, Mel Hopkins said:

if you haven't noticed - Twitter let's you know how the tweets arrive on the website.

Surely you know you can't trust what Twitter reports indeed you need to know more about those visitors than Twitter has access to. Like how long those twitter visitors stay on the your site, how nany pages they view, etc. Knowing how to use Twitter's website is just one aspect of knowing how to use Twitter.

you do know  that's not a lot of followers, right? 

Compared to what?! Less than 1% of users on Twitter have 1,000 followers and I have almost 7 times that many -- and I barely use the app. I posted tweets -- just links back to my site 18 times in the last 28 days. I don't comment and occassionally i like your tweets -- just because -- as i do with @CDBurns and others i know. But these have to have the top of my feed, because I never scroll. 

Mel you are ignorant of my engagement from Twitter and social media engagement in general.

I've actually posted a trending tweet before. I've also  generated over $2,000 in Google ad revenue in  single day from another viral social media post. 

All of this with less than 15 minutes a month on social media. I think that qualifies knowing how to use twitter for my benefit.

I glad twitter finally got around to actively  dumping fakes accounts. I don't have any fake followers.  Were you trying to imply that  I did by bringing that up?

You can make me aware of something and it's up to me to synthesize it - but so far you haven't shared anything I don't already know.

Mel, you can't teach anyone who knows everything.

11 minutes ago, Troy said:

Mel you are ignorant of my engagement from Twitter and social media engagement in general.

I've actually posted a trending tweet before. I've also  generated over $2,000 in Google ad revenue in  single day from another viral social media post. 

that was in 2016, if I remember correctly.  I believe you actually posted about here.     No, I'm not ignorant of your twitter and social media engagement... I've been observing you since December 2015...And sending people to the site to get their initial reaction on why they would or would not spend time here.   I even wrote a 41-page strategic communication plan on how you could capture and have more VISIBLE interaction. 

Remember, I sent you the first draft  and you implemented one of the ideas - but then you told me you lost it in your files. 

I completed the final draft but decided instead to use it as a case study... 

19 minutes ago, Troy said:

I glad twitter finally got around to actively  dumping fakes accounts. I don't have any fake followers.  Were you trying to imply that  I did by bringing that up? 

They removed 70 million fake accounts.   But there was no need for me to imply anything.  You ASKED me about bots.  Do you even read your post? 

You wouldn't know if you had fake followers, unless you did an audit. Did you audit your 6000 followers?   If there were fake followers Twitter dumped them.   

For someone who is trying to teach me - you seem to miss out on  a lot of Twitter's activities.   So nah, I'd rather continue to read my twitter developer news and review  their positions.  I think they know how their operation runs better than someone on the outside.  Even hit pieces reveal more about their operation than the paranoid-inducing theories you've submitted.   

16 minutes ago, Troy said:

Mel, you can't teach anyone who knows everything

And here's where we agree.  It's a wrap. 

7 hours ago, Troy said:

You condemn Farrakhan for being "complicit in Malcolm's execution." Do you also condemn Muhammad Ali or do you worship him like the other white people? We can't keep allowing white people to tell us whuch Bkack people are acceptable.

@Troy i can't believe you asked that question as much as i bad mouthed Muhammad Ali about being a male chauvanist,  hypocritical loud mouth, who always voiced his preference for light skinned women with long "good" hair,  and who referred to Joe Frazier as a "gorilla".  i've never idolized him!  i did feel sorry for him after Parkinson disease ravaged his body and i never had a problem with him being a draft resistor.   And i don't worship any human being, nor do i allow anybody white or black to dictate to me who is "acceptable".  

No i didn't notice the coffee cup on GOT.  Yes, as the series winds down, these final episodes are wrenching... Gonna miss this show when it ends.

14 hours ago, Troy said:

Utilising or interacting with anything doesn't mean you understand it. You can know things but not understand them. That also applies to people, places, ideas et cetera.

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

Muhammad Ali about being a male chauvanist,  hypocritical loud mouth, who always voiced his preference for light skinned women with long "good" hair,  and who referred to Joe Frazier as a "gorilla".

On that note I agree with you. But that is not why I brought up Ali.

You justified calling Farrakhan a Nazi, in part, because he condoned Malcolm's killing. Ali called Malcolm hypocrite (a very serious thing). I was asking if you'd also considered Ali to be a Nazi on that basis too.

Gonna miss this show when it ends.

Yeah last weeks episode was great. But fear not; I read somewhere there are about 4 GOT spin off shows in the works 🙂

3 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

They removed 70 million fake accounts.   But there was no need for me to imply anything.  You ASKED me about bots.  Do you even read your post? 

My automated tweets which made up the vast majority of the tweets i've sent were created with my real aalbc account -- no fake account needed. You may not know that most tweets are automatically generated without humans involved or created by social media pros on behalf of another person.

3 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

nah, I'd rather continue to read my twitter developer news

Go ahead gorge yourself on the koolaid. Do you believe everything that comes out of Marky Z's mouth too?

All I know is I check the quality of my visitors based upon source and it dictates where I spend my time. After a decade of research an actual analysis of my data. I've found an optimal balance. 15 minutes a month works for me.

My $2,000+ day was less than a year ago.

Last year i generated thousands of dollars in revenue as a direct result of using Twitter with a few hours of effort. If I was only concerned with making money I would ditch AALBC and put more effort in gaming social media. One challenge to this is that Twitter does constantly change. Several of the 3rd party tools i used no longer work because of Twitter's changing their api.

@Mel Hopkins I noticed you've generated over 15k tweets did you actually create those by hand?

Much of the power in using Twitter comes from programmed interfaces. Using only the aps itself is really for amateurs. But you already know this.

I did share info about my children's book post here. That is a page that just keeps on giving. I akso use social media to help determine what might resonate with more readers, but to see that you have to look beyond likes which often mean very little.

Have you ever observed social media users? Many click like without even reading what they are liking. You'll also discover many people read content without ever engaging. You have to look deeper than what Twitter tells you, if not you are being lied to.

BTW: Thanks for follow the reader effort. I was wondering where that ended uo but never pressed since it was done ourely out of the goodness in your heart. I was greatful for that. Thank you.

53 minutes ago, Delano said:

Utilising or interacting with anything doesn't mean you understand it. 

Yes you've demonstrated that Del 🙂

Serious question now. Do you believe that I don't know how to use Twitter? 

17 minutes ago, Troy said:

My automated tweets which made up the vast majority of the tweets i've sent were created with my real aalbc account -- no fake account needed. 

What does this have to do with your question?  

i know how automated tweets works - BUT we weren’t discussing  your account being fake - you wrote you didn’t have any fake followers.  

I’m leaving this conversation now - you’re not even keeping up with your own written words.  It is clear you left the discussion quite some time ago and you’re wasting my time. 

24 minutes ago, Troy said:

Much of the power in using Twitter comes from programmed interfaces. Using only the aps itself is really for amateur

Depends on your goal - - if you’re just looking for drive-bys  then yes but if you are looking to engage and network - it is not. Remember when you were being interviewed and you needed an audience? You don’t engage and it showed. 

I

27 minutes ago, Troy said:

Have you ever observed social media users? Many click like without even reading what they are liking

You don’t spend time on the site - you don’t know what they do. 

28 minutes ago, Troy said:

but to see that you have to look beyond likes which often mean very little.

Exactly! But if you hashtag it... you’ll know it’s popularity immediately! Or you can query the popularity. 

33 minutes ago, Troy said:

I noticed you've generated over 15k tweets did you actually create those by hand

Most likely -but 15k in a 11 years that’s kind of low. Welp, I did have facebook back then too so that makes sense.  

Anyway, Yes I have discussions on twitter and have since 2008 - especially when I was flying around the world.  

You say you’re not gaming social media - but really you use it to drive traffic at the expense of engagement.  But like I wrote  your limited use is based on your knowledge and goals. 

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Serious question now. Do you believe that I don't know how to use Twitter? 

I think you are confusing utilisation with comprehension. But it doesn't matter to any of us.

I’m leaving this conversation now - you’re not even keeping up with your own written words.  It is clear you left the discussion quite some time ago and you’re wasting my time. 

I am staying because the entertainment value is still quite good.

Troy were you multitasking while responding to this thread?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Delano said:

am staying because the entertainment value is still quite good.

@Delano

ok that made me laugh out loud!!! 😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Delano said:

Troy were you multitasking while responding to this thread?

He must have been!  I was enjoying the convo too! Doggone it!!!

@Troy one thing I will back up off you for - is this: I realized when you went off on that tangent  - that’ may be your MO (how you operate)... And Im in no position to fault you for being efficient.  

You may not care about the twitter nuances because you don’t need to use them.  

Although you didn’t admit it I get it.  But myopic educators get my panties in a bunch.

[NO I’m not saying you teach like that but it is my trigger]

i just hope when you’re teaching the co-eds - you share with them  it’s your method.  

When I was at LIU, I had a professor who refused to see from any other perspective but her own.   I was taking a mandatory advertising class  with her and she refused to see that having all white women dressed in white in a tampon commercial sent a message that black women are unclean... (something like that.   I was 19) 

She told me I was overthinking the assignment... and then it was on and popping...i ended up taking the class with an openminded prof. He gave me a “B+ on my final assignment and an “A-“ in the class. He said he would have given me an “A” but I was “overthinking it”

So, see you’re not the only one who sees the invisible hand turning the wheels of  social engineering  ... but  it turns  both ways - especially if someone doubts everyone’s intention that appears different than their own. 

I use the tech the tech doesn't use me. I listen to music. I converse with people. I keep contact intact. All for free. I am  even gotten some work because of the internet. 

The only downside is I have to clear my applications because they all collect data. 

I don't see the internet as salvation nor damnation. However it magnifies and accelerates what exists. 

Troy you care more than I do about people's perceived ignorance. I admire your position. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Troy said:

You justified calling Farrakhan a Nazi, in part, because he condoned Malcolm's killing. Ali called Malcolm hypocrite (a very serious thing). I was asking if you'd also considered Ali to be a Nazi on that basis too.

No, because Muhammad Ali calling somebody a hypcrite is not an example of the hate speech that neo nazis spwe.  Malcolm X was not above reproach.  Muhammad Ali is free to express his opinion.     

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

i just hope when you’re teaching the co-eds - you share with them  it’s your method

Defintely. In fact Mel the ONLY reason I'm messing with Instagram is for the benefit of my student's. The reality is they are all skilked users of the Instagram. My role is to help them use it to benefit their websites; acquisition of traffic, promotion, ecommerce, etc and to help them determine what works best for them. All websites, people, and niches are different. I tell them in advance when I'm on a soap box, I think as a practitioner, as opposed to someone merely reaching subject, my perspective has value to the students.

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

No, because Muhammad Ali calling somebody a hypcrite is not an example of the hate speech

No, ya'll don't get it; in Islam denonoucing one as a "hypocrite" is about the worse thing you can say to a practicing Muslim. I saw a YouTube video of Ali saying this and only then did I understand why Malcolm knew he was a dead man.  Malcolm was an amazingly brave man and the NOI, nor are their, leadership Nazis.

Again @Delano corporate run social media is not about you or I.  Think of it this way:

I don't smoke cigarettes, but it would be shorted sigthed not to see how I'm we all are effected. Because of all the deaths that tobacco companies caused they should be in jail. You dont have to have a ton of empathy to feel that way -- you just have to know that they actively peddle cancer sticks and our governments are pussies for not stopping them and executing a few executive -- seriously. @Cynique if you wanna call some a nazi start with these folks.

What companies like Facebook is doing, while not quite as horrific as big tobacco, is serious and needs to be stopped before even more damage is done.

Because people consume news on social media, journalism is a dying profession, and our politicals a the hand maidens of corporate America our ability to know about corporate evil has been greatly diminished, so the problem gets worse much faster.

20 hours ago, Troy said:

No, ya'll don't get it; in Islam denonoucing one as a "hypocrite" is about the worse thing you can say to a practicing Muslim. I saw a YouTube video of Ali saying this and only then did I understand why Malcolm knew he was a dead man.  Malcolm was an amazingly brave man and the NOI, nor are their, leadership Nazis.

I'm not talking about what Muslims do or what Muhammad Ali did or what Malcolm was.  What does this have to do with Farrakhan having things in common with nazis when it comes to disparaging Jews, and embodying homophobia and preaching racial superiority or with Ali being a male chauvinist? i expressed my opinion about these issues.  Since i didn't know about what hypocrisy denotes among NOI,  how could i answer your question about this.  

5 hours ago, Troy said:

Again @Delano corporate run social media is not about you or I.  Think of it this way

No Troy I am telling you what is for me and how I use it. I use to go out 4 to  6 nights a week for 20  years. So I have literally talked to thousands of people. I can tell there are only a few who think critically. 

People will adapt. or not. 

What about you? 

On 5/9/2019 at 10:34 PM, Cynique said:

What does this have to do with Farrakhan having things in common with nazis when it comes to disparaging Jews, and embodying homophobia and preaching racial superiority or with Ali being a male chauvinist? 

I'm trying to understand your reasoning for calling Farrakhan "...a black nazi full of hate for the 'other'."

Fararrkhan only disparaged Jews who behave in a wicked fashion. He is no more homophibic or chavanistic than many Christians -- but no one calls them Nazi's.

You don't like Fararekhan; I get that, but lets not adopt the language of our oppressor to disparage our Brother. Look, Nazi's killed 6 millions jews and were coming after us next.

Fararrkhan is nothing like a nazi... not even close.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:02 PM, Delano said:

People will adapt. or not. 

What about you

I will adapt I have no choice. But I will also resist. We can do both.

5 hours ago, Troy said:

I'm trying to understand your reasoning for calling Farrakhan "...a black nazi full of hate for the 'other'."

Farrakhan only disparaged Jews who behave in a wicked fashion. He is no more homophibic or chavanistic than many Christians -- but no one calls them Nazi's.

Well one of the things that come to my mind when Jews are excoriated  in  public orations reminiscent of Hitler, is nazism because  Hitler was a nazi and this is what he did.  Just because Farrakhan didn't preside over a holocaust doesn't exempt him from having something in common with nazis.    i don't call Christians "nazis" because they don't publicly disparage Jews.  i do call them and anybody else "homophobic" when they condemn gays  on the basis of their religious beliefs.  I also call anybody who advocates female submissiveness a "male chauvinist".

i don't really detest Farrakhan.  What piques my cynicism are the many who idolize him and think he can do no wrong and lavish praise on him for converting convicts and losers into a rigid albeit productive lifestyle that only a relatively few follow, something which begs the question of people like this. Since what Farrakhan does is so great and inspiring why don't they join his cult? The NOI numbers are relatively small in comparison to the overall black population whose members are either helped by other black organizations or who have the gumption to make it on their own.  Farrakhan is simply a charismatic rabble rouser with very limited success, a slickster who owes his popularity among blacks to his ability to piss white folks off.     

Farrakhan was recently invited to his church by Father Michael Phleger, a white militant Catholic priest who pastors a black parish in Chicago, to speak at a rally supporting his right to free speech.  Farrakhan showed up grinning from ear to ear, so happy this white man had thrown him a few crumbs that he declared he didn't hate all Jews,  Just the satantic ones.  LOL 

• Like 1

it's almost ten years old. Like I always say you don't have to believe me use the internet. You can then make up your own mind. I don't have a position. I just post information. What you do with it is on you. This is a lesson that was taught to me in the many pointless arguments here. 

@Delano, seriously, it matters where you get information.  I never use, or repeat, information from sources from an unknown entity -- especially if it second hand info.  That is how fake news spreads -- sometimes virally.

So when you say the NOI is considering merging with Scientology I dismiss it immediately; first because, on it's face, it makes no sense; and second because you provided no reputable source.  

I don't make it a habit of using the internet to verify things that are ludicrous.   I did however do this once.  I did some internet searches on Flat Earthers and watched a couple of videos in an effort to understand why some people believe the Earth is flat.  The problem really is not a lack of intelligence, but one of information, a propensity to believe in conspiracies, and other issues. It is the same reasoning used by people who believe 45 is good for the country or don't believe man is responsible for the dramatic change in climate

Now if you provided a link to a source like the Final Call newspaper which said the NOI are looking to merge with Scientology I would believe it and actually be interested in reading more. 

I agree with you it would be pointless to argue about the NOI merging with Scientology because all we have is your unsubstantiated rumor from a decade ago.

ð´

See that's why you didn't know Mexico and Haiti were part of America!

Instead of paying attention, you were probably nodding off and sleeping in your Social Studies class back in Highschool like you're doing now...lol.

WAKE UP!

And

STAY WOKE!