Sign in to follow this  
Troy

I Installed Instagram on My Phone and Already Regret it

@Troy Your “moral” judgement quote comes from AALBC.com.  

NEVER means NOT EVER in ANY context.

So, it’s  telling that you won’t impose your morality on a elijah muhammad impregnating youg girls in his charge. 

Impressionable young black girls don’t get your moral outrage. 

In their case you wrote you will NEVER make a moral judgement. 

NEVER means NOT EVER in ANY context.  

Except you reserve your feigned moral outrage against faceless institutions - and without proof. 

Yeah ok. :rolleyes:

Perspicere

9 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

NEVER means NOT EVER in ANY context.  

No, it does not. 

I know what the word "never' means. Again, context is everything.  Sometimes I'm deliberately hyperbolic for effect, to emphasize a point, or to elicit a reaction.  I did not try to find the quote in context, because you would have provided, it in context, or at least a link to it if that is truly what you were interested in doing. 

Again you cherry pick a quote out, of context, to make a point and I called you on it.

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Yet you make many arguments with second hand information. 

Many?!  Really?  Show me one. 

Any argument that isn't about you has to involve secimd information or hearsay. Or do you disagree.? 

Ok allow me to clarify: If you said I read in the Final Call that the NOI and the Church of Scientology were merging and provided a link. I would consider that, for the sake of our conversations (or battles if you prefer that term), first hand information even though the information was related through you.

But when you make the statement (especially an absurd one) without citing a source that is no more than a rumor. I don't pass rumors certainly not without saying so unless it is otherwise obvious. 

It makes no sense it argue about unsubstantiated rumors. But I can see arguing about why one should believe one or not.

@Delano it is not a matter of caring: I read the Earth was flat. Do you feel any compulsion to do any research on your own to check if the Earth is indeed flat? 

• Like 1

Well you have already made up your mind and neither of us is going to expend any energy to change what you believe.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:06 AM, Mel Hopkins said:

registered my first domain in 2001...

I’ve been online since 1997... When we still had to type in numbers to find certain web addresses.

I want to say my first account was with netscape but I think that was actually my second one.. 

i’ve had more websites than I care to admit ... and I was a media marketing cofounder of a very popular tech startup (2006), that we grew our audience to 100,000+ We started on myspace took it to facebook then to a standalone lifestyle digital publishing platform.

We did this while hosting a weekly live 2 hour broadcast on blogtalkradio.com where we’d interview celebrities and business mover and shakers.  Our show remained in the top shows on blogtalkradio for nearly two years (2007 - 2009) 

In fact, you were probably in school when I started working in broadcast media.  I was uploading news packages and downloading feeds via satellite coordinates to and from CBS newspath and CNN Newsource — I was writing scripts, voicing and producing 30 minute newscasts -and short  documentaries  AND putting them online” in 1999... It was just a larger production back then...

So while I only know a little HTML (adv beginner) and may not know how to code;  I doubt if you know much more than I do when it comes to mass media, digital publishing, social media, the “internets” et al because this isn’t my first tech rodeo.  

OH WAIT! I’m a “certified” SeedTech Instructor!  For two years,  I taught basic computing and internet skills to adults in the USDOJ Weed & Seed target area in WV!  lol!  

Oh Man! I'm wiping sweat from my forehead just reading this! WHEW! @Mel Hopkins You go girl! I am impressed!

Even though, I don't really understand all what you have done, I am amazed. 

On 5/8/2019 at 1:32 AM, Troy said:

Check the age of aalbc.com, a site I started after serveral years of building websites for other businesses. I've been online since 1981.

Man! @Troy I am grateful to be a part of this community and if I am able to learn just a little of what you know, I will be grateful. 

Yins make me feel so frickin small!

This is one major reason why I refrain from being on sites like Twitter and Instagram and facebook and whatever else-- I am like what @Mel Hopkins described about the scenario about her mother thinking if she stays off one site, it will somehow shield her from being exposed completely, and etc. 

I know it is wishful thinking and a ridiculous endeavor because, these sites can somehow collect enough data to expose people, but still, I don't belong to just anything site.

I think it is pointless to think it would be good to 'GO OFF THE GRID' but, I bet there are some people who probably try.

Even if these sites collect data, I still think that some peoples' privacy rights are being comprimised nonetheless, but with technology today, what can be done about it?

On 5/11/2019 at 4:43 PM, Delano said:

I am enjoying the renewed vigir of this battle... The I mean discussion. 

@Delano ROFL

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Troy said:

It makes no sense it argue about unsubstantiated rumors.

This is where we differ. Yet I have no need or desire to change anyone's mind about anything. I thought my position on this was clear. 

I have come to realise that we all live in different worlds. And

it is impossible ae

and fruitless to try and convey the contours of my internal world to people. However there are a few people who do I make the effort to do so

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano it is not a matter of caring: I read the Earth was flat. Do you feel any compulsion to do any research on your own to check if the Earth is indeed flat? 

Is the  flat earthers something you care about. The answer is most likely No. 

7 hours ago, Delano said:

it is impossible ae

and fruitless to try and convey the contours of my internal world to people. However there are a few people who do I make the effort to do so

If you're referring to your psychiatrists................

You should know they are devising medication to bring  your "internal world" to an end, so be careful....lol.

You may be projecting. Mel thinks you are several people perhaps she is correct. 

You are perhaps to erratic for psychiatry or psychology to assist you. Sometimes you actually make sense, this isn't one of those times.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Mel thinks you are several people perhaps

@Delano  “No lies detected.”  I really do!

There is one Pioneer that I really dig - that Pioneer makes me reflect on the world’s schism. 

Then there are a two others - one who I swear is a white guy from michigan - and you know that guy -he’s a lot like “Archie Bunker/Roseanne”...

Then the other Pioneer is young-minded - doesn’t read much but is very much into street corner lectures.  The scary part with that Pioneer - is i used to think the same way - I found some old school writings that revealed a similar philosophy - which makes me think that Pioneer is actually a 30-something woman!

On 5/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, Troy said:

I know what the word "never' means.

😂 clearly you don’t - so I’ll leave it alone.  But please,  don’t EVER tell me my worldview without checking your own consistency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

clearly you don’t - so I’ll leave it alone.  But please,  don’t EVER tell me my worldview without checking your own consistency

The end.

18 hours ago, Delano said:

This is where we differ. Yet I have no need or desire to change anyone's mind about anything. I thought my position on this was clear. 

it is impossible ae

5 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Then the other Pioneer is young-minded - doesn’t read much but is very much into street corner lectures.  The scary part with that Pioneer - is i used to think the same way

Yep that is the Pioneer I can relate to. I've said, even when disagreeing with @Pioneer1, that i know where he is coming from.

5 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

...don’t EVER tell me my worldview...

You mean as in "never?"  At least I did not try to shame you 😉

Del

You may be projecting. Mel thinks you are several people perhaps she is correct.

Is this the same Mel who thinks you and her are TWINS?????

Unless you have a long lost twin sister, I wouldn't put too much faith in her diagnosis....LOL.

Mel

which makes me think that Pioneer is actually a 30-something woman!

LOL.....WOMAN IS YOU CRAZY????????

I wish I had the number to some of your people and I'd call them and tell them to come and check on you, make sure you're alright....lol.

Troy

What's up with your people?

One of them thinks I'm a gay White mason....

Another thinks I'm a 30 year old woman....

....ofcourse you haven't met me so YOU can't dispute any of these assertions outright, but I can't be ALL of them....lol.

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

YOU can't dispute any of these assertions outright, but I can't be ALL of them....lol.

split personalities 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Delano said:

split personalities 

A guy who ADMITS he lives in a "different world" shouldn't mention split personalities, lol.

56 minutes ago, Troy said:

Maybe @Pioneer1 is just a complex Brother, "and noone understands him but his woman...:

OR that Asian man from Starbucks 

23 hours ago, Troy said:

Maybe @Pioneer1 is just a complex Brother, "and noone understands him but his woman...:

I also heard he was one baaaaad mutha:ph34r:--watch yo mouth!!

On 5/15/2019 at 12:11 PM, Troy said:

Maybe @Pioneer1 is just a complex Brother, "and noone understands him but his woman..

Or his man

5 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Lol.....are you "homophobic" now?

How is my acknowledgement that a man was in Love with you homophobic. 

17 minutes ago, Delano said:

How is my acknowledgement that a man was in Love with you homophobic. 

Lol....and how would you even KNOW that a man was in love with me unless YOU were  da' man????