ROYAL BABY BOY!!

Princess. Meghan,Prince  Harry. Had. A. Baby. Boy..  News. Not. ,Showing. Baby. Pictures. Yet.  Royal.  Family. Seems.  Pure. White.  There. Is. Racism.  In.  England,And.  The.  Rest. Of  Europe.. Maybe,,The,Royal   Baby   Will  Avoid   Racism    In  Europe.  And   This,Country.   He   WIll   Have   Dual  Citizenship   In   This   Country.  World    Is  Waiting    For   A  Baby   Name.  Wish    Them  And  Their,Baby  Good   Luck..  News   Said   Once  They.  Might   Live  ,In,Africa....

They should name the kid Leroy Tyrone. I, personally, couldn't care less about this event.  Just the birth of another parasite to live off the blood, sweat, and adulation of the subjects who bow down to the British royalty who are nothing but a bunch of dumb figure heads.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2019 at 2:27 PM, Cynique said:

They should name the kid Leroy Tyrone. I, personally, couldn't care less about this event.  Just the birth of another parasite to live off the blood, sweat, and adulation of the subjects who bow down to the British royalty who are nothing but a bunch of dumb figure heads.   

LOL. I agree!

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Guest QueenX said:

Can you imagine? Down the road.  A British King of African descent.

May I join in? Thank you. :)

There's no need to image. There has already been a black queen on the throne. Queen Sofia Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C. is named after her), grandmother of another English queen, Queen Victoria.

Meet Sophia Charlotte, the First Black Queen of England

October 14, 2015

Queen Charlotte, England's First Black Queen

Queen Charlotte, England’s First Black Queen

https://atlantablackstar.com/2015/10/14/meet-sophia-charlotte-first-black-queen-england/

Another picture of her:

http://www.noirguides.com/englandsfirstblackqueensophiecharlotte.html

Early Years

According to EnglishMonarchs.co.uk, Sophia Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz was born on May 19, 1744 in Morow, Germany. She was the child of Duke Charles Louis Frederick of Mecklenburg-Strelitz and Elizabeth Albertine. Queen Charlotte was directly descended from Margarita de Castro y Sousa, a Black branch of the Portuguese Royal House.

12 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

May I join in? Thank you. :)

There's no need to image. There has already been a black queen on the throne. Queen Sofia Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C. is named after her), grandmother of another English queen, Queen Victoria.

October 14, 2015

Queen Charlotte, England's First Black Queen

Queen Charlotte, England’s First Black Queendescended from Margarita de Castro y Sousa, a Black branch of the Portuguese Royal House.

This woman is no more "Black" than Oprah Winfrey is White.

Charlotte wasn't Black, Meghan Markle isn't Black, and her baby SURE ain't Black.

If this madness of labeling everybody suspected of having just a trace of African ancestry "Black" doesn't end, in a few generations you'll have blonde haired blue eyed people running the HBCUs and getting minority loans and calling themselves "Black" while REAL Black folks will be......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Troy said:

Why, lawd help me, @Pioneer1 is this Sister, not Black?"

Because I believe in telling the truth.

I know you don't believe in the concept of race, so I'm not sure what your standard of being Black is......but as for me you must LOOK like a Black person in order to be considered one.  I don't care what your parents or grandparents were.

You must have the PHENOTYPE.

She's just a Caucasian woman with SOME African ancestry, like most Italians and Spaniards.
If you want to call HER "Black" then you might as well call most Italians, Greeks, and Spaniards "Black" because they probably have just as much African ancestry in their genetics as Charlotte.

http://www.noirguides.com/englandsfirstblackqueensophiecharlotte.html

Although I'm very surprised you think she looks like a white woman, when painters did portraits of royalty, they drew and painted them to look better than the subjects, and as Caucasian as possible - keen noses even more pointy, white, white skin with a hint of rosy paleness to the cheeks, sleek straight hair with smooth bumper curls, etc. The portrait of Charlotte that pasted is much lighter-skinned than she, but even so, her hair is not straight-straight and her flesh is almost sepia-tone. To make it otherwise, the picture would not even resemble the subject.

Please click on and look at the above linked photo. You can see it is the same person, but with her Negroid features more pronounced -- with the exception of the long, long nose, even longer than in the previous photo, i.e., a portraitist's sop to white sensibilities.

That's racist @Pioneer1. Using your reasoning, a lot of "high yellow" people who say they are "Black" you'd reject simply because they don't meet YOUR arbitrary standard of what it means to be Black... sort of like the "brown paper bag test," but in reverse.

FAS

I don't know you or your background but perhaps you're suprised because you're used to people with ANY Black ancestry or ANY type of hue to their skin, kink to their hair, or fullness to their lips being just thrown into the "Black" category.

That's the way it's done in the United States.

But different cultures and nations have different ways of classifying their populations and if this were Brazil that same woman would be classified as something OTHER than Black and more like an Octaroon.  In Spain or Italy she would probably be considered just another White citizen as opposed to the Africans who they call Negro/Black.  Only in English speaking societies like the United States, Canada, and parts of the Caribbean like Jamaica are people with ANY African ancestry thrown into the "Black" category ignoring any other racial ancestry they may have.

You can be half Native American or half East Asian also but if one parent is Black...in America you're called Black.
They ignore the other parts....lol.

Now, I hope I'm not just typing just to hear the tapping sound of the keyboard.
Rather than posting a few opinions and then disappearing into the ether; maybe you'll stick around a while and contribute further to this conversation and others, lol.

Troy

Lol, how can a VICTIM of racism be a racist at the same time?

Actually -Mr. Engineer- I'm looking at things from a LOGICAL and SCIENTIFIC perspective, instead of using artifial rules and social standards (like that "one drop" garbage) that the Caucasian oppressors GAVE our people to further confuse them.

Unlike the rules YOU may use (because you still haven't told us how you identify who is Black and who is not) or the rules this society has forced on our people for generations.....my rules are based on NATURE.

It's simple....you're only Black (I prefer the term African because there are really 2 "Black" races) if your FEATURES (skin color, hair texture, nose, lips, ect....) are African in nature.

Everything doesn't have to be 100%.....but the MAJORITY of your features must be in line with those of African people.

There are SOME "high yellow" people I would consider Black and some I wouldn't, depending on how many other African features they have.

• Thanks 1

"Actually -Mr. Engineer- I'm looking at things from a LOGICAL and SCIENTIFIC perspective, instead of using artifial rules and social standards (like that "one drop" garbage) that the Caucasian oppressors GAVE our people to further confuse them."

Let me get this clear - the portrait(s) of Queen Charlotte are of a "white" woman because the African woman appears to be mixed with European ancestry. Isn't that using the "one drop rule" on your part? One drop of white blood and you're white? I really don't understand your rationalization. Please explain. Thank you.

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

There are SOME "high yellow" people I would consider Black and some I wouldn't, depending on how many other African features they have.

Sounds like even you understand your view is highly subjective. So while your evaluation leads you to believe the person is white everone else knows she is Black. 

FAS

Let me get this clear - the portrait(s) of Queen Charlotte are of a "white" woman because the African woman appears to be mixed with European ancestry.

I'm glad you're making sure because you didn't get it clear yet, lol.
First, she's not African but Caucasian despite the amount of African ancestry she may have.
Second, although both of them are supposedly of the same woman one of those portraits are of a Caucasian woman because in it the Caucasian features predominate and the other one in the link shows a Caucasian or possibly MIXED woman because in that picture more of her African ancestry seems to come through although the Caucasian features (light skin, thin nose and thin lips) still predominate.

Again, I don't go simply by a person's ancestry because people can lie about their ancestry.
I determine a person's race based on which racial features DOMINATE and if they have a close to even mixture of both then they are MIXED RACE....plain and simple.
Not complicated at all.

Isn't that using the "one drop rule" on your part? One drop of white blood and you're white?

No.
One drop of Caucasian blood doesn't make you a Caucasian because MOST AfroAmericans have atleast some Caucasian ancestry and most of us....although MIXED...are clearly not Caucasian.
But on the other side of the same coin one drop of African blood doesn't make you African either.

My overall point is that WE as AfroAmericans should be setting OUR OWN standards of who should or shouldn't be considered Black instead of using standards invented by Caucasians hundreds of years ago to keep their race "pure".
Which is one of the reason I usualy use the terms "Caucasian" and "African" instead of White and Black which are also misleading and confusing.

Troy

Before we continue with this issue, what is YOUR standard and requirements for who should or shouldn't be considered Black?

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

My overall point is that WE as AfroAmericans should be setting OUR OWN standards of who should or shouldn't be considered Black 

We have, but you continually reject it.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:18 AM, Guest FAS said:

WOW! That's awesome!

She is definitely very light skinned, but I can see that she is Black! 

On 6/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Charlotte wasn't Black, Meghan Markle isn't Black, and her baby SURE ain't Black.

I dunno... I think @Pioneer1 that it depends. But I agree about Meghan Markle to a great extent only because I have seen her father! That man is White and has not connection to anything close to being Black cultural wise as well. However, Meghan was raised by her mother, so culturally, she definitely has that to her background.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, Pioneer1 said:

If this madness of labeling everybody suspected of having just a trace of African ancestry "Black" doesn't end, in a few generations you'll have blonde haired blue eyed people running the HBCUs and getting minority loans and calling themselves "Black" while REAL Black folks will be......

Oh yes!! I understand this too! 

On 6/5/2019 at 9:23 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Everything doesn't have to be 100%.....but the MAJORITY of your features must be in line with those of African people.

Absolutely!!! I agree completely!

On 6/8/2019 at 1:53 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Are you going to share with us YOUR requirements for you to consider someone Black?

Or is it all they have to do is stand up and say "I'm back and I'm Black!" ......and that's enough as far as you're concerned?

Yes.

If someone self-identifies as Black they are Black as far as I'm concerned. It is not like there is a genetic test for Blackness and your subjective evaluation is far from perfect... obviously.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:35 PM, Troy said:

Yes.

If someone self-identifies as Black they are Black as far as I'm concerned. It is not like there is a genetic test for Blackness and your subjective evaluation is far from perfect... obviously.

Image result for george jefferson

SAY WHAT??????

Simmilarly, if a Black person like Carol Channing, Angie Dickenson, Dinah Shore, and others disavow their Blackness by claiming they are white they are not Black.

Being "Black" is more than skin color, kinky hair, and full lips Brother.

Troy

So you believe a person can be Black by simply claiming it and on that same idea they can just as easily be NOT Black simply by claiming otherwise?

OK, let's play your theory out in real life..................

You wake up one day and CHOOSE not to identify as Black anymore.
A person robs a liquor store.
The owner tells the police it was a Black man in a red coat.
The police put out an APB for a Black man in a red coat.

You happen to be in that area and wearing a red coat and when the police stops you and questions you accusing you of fitting the description, do you think you could be released by that officer if you simply said:  "Excuse me officer but I'm NOT Black so I don't fit that description"

????

Pioneer

We can't control how other (especially the po-po) define us, but we can define ourselves. So if someone says they are Black, I'm inclined to take them at their word.

Pioneer I'm sure you are familiar with Homer Plessy (of Plessy v. Ferguson fame). Does he meet your criteria for Blackness?

13 hours ago, Troy said:

Pioneer

We can't control how other (especially the po-po) define us, but we can define ourselves. So if someone says they are Black, I'm inclined to take them at their word.

Pioneer I'm sure you are familiar with Homer Plessy (of Plessy v. Ferguson fame). Does he meet your criteria for Blackness?

The great AfroAmerican psychologist Dr. Amos Wilson says power is the ability to not only define YOUR reality but also demand that other's accept that definition.

For centuries Caucasians in the United States have been successful in this as they have convinced not only other Caucasians in the U.S. but also most AfroAmericans in the U.S. that people who are clearly NOT African but are clearly CAUCASIAN....that these people are somehow "Black".
Do you not see how this could lead to localized genetic annihilation?

But to answer your question......

Image result for homer plessy

This man (Homer Plessy) is CLEARLY not an AfroAmerican but a Caucasian with perhaps SOME African ancestry.
According to the history I've read of him he's of Creole descent.

Creole is just another word for "spook." Homer could pass for white (only one of his 8 great grand parents was Black). Indeed he was chosen to test the absurdity of the one drop rule for this reason. Most the so xalled white folks in the area, at the time, had some African ancestry.

I doubt Homer considered himself "Black." So he does not meet either of definitions if being Black.

Troy

Creoles may not have considered themselves fully Caucasian, but they sure didn't consider themselves the same as the darker skinned AfroAmericans they were living with and around during that time.
They were a group of mixed or Mulatto people who maintained their own cultural identity.

I'm glad you recognize the "one drop" rule as absurd; now if I can just get you to realize how absurd it is to accept anyone who simply calls themselves "Black" AS Black.....lol.

Troy

My racial classification system may be personal and subjective but it's certainly not arbitrary, there are definate rules and guidelines that I follow in my determination and they are quite consistent and precise.

Which is exactly what society needs when it comes to classifying people based on race or ethnicity.....consistency and precision.

Under the current and popular method of classification; whether you agree that race even exists or not you should atleast agree that the system is inconsistent and HOW they classify people as well as the categories seem to change with each generation.
Leading to more and more confusion.