Calling Professor Johnson: What Is America?

Hey Troy, there seems to be a bit of confusion about what constitutes what is known as the Americas.

I said that Haiti, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Jamaica are nations that are part of America.

Cynique said NO they aren't and Mel (to my surprise actually)  supported her and said this was fact.

https://aalbc.com/tc/topic/5840-what-is-african-american-culture/page/2/?_fromLogin=1

I know geography isn't your field but since you are an educator and I assume have a general foundation of geo/political knowledge as part of a well rounded education, so would YOU care to set the record straight?

Are Haiti, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Jamaica nations that are part of AMERICA (not U.S.A), or are they not ?

@Pioneer1 I don't think anyone would dispute that the Caribbean makes up part of the Americas the north or south american continental plate (or whatever the correct tecnical term is).

However, when you wrote, "Both Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic are part of AMERICA just like Jamaica, Haiti, Mexico, ect...," you were unclear because when people say "America" they are normally referring to the U.S. of A., not the Caribbean, Canada, or North America.

"I rule in favor of the ladies, case closed." I slam down the gavel and rise to retire to my chambers.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I said that Haiti, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Jamaica are nations that are part of America.

Cynique said NO they aren't and Mel (to my surprise actually)  supported her and said this was fact.

I did not include Puerto Rico in my statement because It is a possession of the USA.  The natives of these other 3 countries when asked what they are, would in all probability say Haitian , Jamaican or Mexican, not American, although technically their countries are located in the American hemisphere.

Troy

So even when I'm clearly correct you're STILL going to give it to them????

I'd hate to have YOU as a judge in a divorce proceeding.....

A woman could kill her husband's dog, set his clothes on fire, and demolish his car and you'd STILL rule in favor of her and give her the house and the money because he "didn't make it clear" that he didn't want her to do those things....LOL.

Cynique

I did not include Puerto Rico in my statement because It is a possession of the USA. The natives of these other 3 countries when asked what they are, would in all probability say Haitian , Jamaican or Mexican, not American, although technically their countries are located in the American hemisphere.

Ahhhhhh....you fucked up, lol.
Don't try to clean it up NOW.

You said specifically and I have you in quotes that those other nations are NOT part of America:

"Haiti, Jamaica and Mexico etc not ect are not part of America. And nobody said that white people invented rap or hip hop. That's just you trying to create a straw man argument."

https://aalbc.com/tc/topic/5840-what-is-african-american-culture/page/2/#comments

You were clear in your words.
What people CALL themselves is irrelevant, facts are facts.

You guys keep getting on me about not admitting when I'm wrong but when have YOU admitted that you were wrong????
You certainly aren't doing it now.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

You said specifically and I have you in quotes that those other nations are NOT part of America:

I corrected myself, something you never do, and later i also elaborated on my correction  by classifying these countries as being a part of "greater America", a fact you couldn't come up with because you were too busy sucking up to Mel and Troy, begging them to agree with you. And you conveniently ignored all  of the facts  i did offer about Haiti, Jamaica and Mexico, opting instead to cherry pick what is an ambiguous status of these countries, and you never explained why their being located in  the American hemisphere had anything to do with the subject being discussed. Now go change your pee-soaked shorts.  LOL  

@Pioneer1 you asked for my opinion in this case and I gave it.  I have no horse in this race I can agree with people can disagree with them just as easily. 

For the record I'be been know to change my position on issues as well when provided with new perspectives and additional information. @Pioneer1 can you reference a single incidence when you did this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

or the record I'be been know to change my position on issues as well when provided with new perspectives and additional information. @Pioneer1 can you reference a single incidence when you did this?

No.  Pioneer still can't bring himself to acknowledge that using a turntable to create a different genre of music does not make it synonymous with inventing a turntable. 

On 5/12/2019 at 4:50 AM, Troy said:

However, when you wrote, "Both Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic are part of AMERICA just like Jamaica, Haiti, Mexico, ect...," you were unclear

Exactly @Troy! But I’m no lady...🙄

I would have agreed, @Pioneer1.  If you wrote “the Americas”  of even North America.

- I would have given you a pass on PR and DR ... Yep! I will sometimes let those slide because I can’t keep up with the politics - like with Guam. 

BUT NOOOO..you tried to be tricky and write “America”...That  was a technical foul in my book.  Plus you tried to “shame” me - and that really pisses me off.  I don’t take kindly to social engineering 😠

Edited by Mel Hopkins
Typos
  • Like 1

Cynique

I corrected myself, something you never do, and

Well your words are still there in the other thread just as I quoted them, no changes have been made to your statement that Haiti, Jamaica, and Mexico are NOT part of America.

So you're STILL wrong.

Troy

can you reference a single incidence when you did this?

Can you ponit to a reference when Del or Cynique admitted that they were wrong and I was right about an issue?
I was clearly correct about this issue, but once again.....the women are sticking together while the Black men are divided.

A microcosm of the macrocosm.....lol.

Mel

I would have agreed, @Pioneer1. If you wrote "the Americas" of even North America.

- I would have given you a pass on PR and DR ... Yep! I will sometimes let those slide because I can’t keep up with the politics - like with Guam.

BUT NOOOO..you tried to be tricky and write "America"...That was a technical foul in my book.

There are no tricks and fouls, I was CLEARLY correct.

The ENTIRE Western Hemisphere is America.
You may have North America and South America and our nation is the United States OF America, but it's all part of America (proper).
No need to qualify it with other words.

Plus you tried to "shame" me - and that really pisses me off. I don’t take kindly to social engineering 😠

Listen.....
If you aren't ashamed of coming on here and declaring how grateful you are that some blue eyed White man swooped down and scooped you up......lol....there's nothing I can say that will shame you.

There IS NO shame in your game.

Besides, my calling you into the dispute wasn't an attempt to shame you as much as it was a TAUNT.

I figured you knew geography and were purposely remaining silent so as to show solidarity with Cynque rather than tell her she's wrong.
I had no idea you'd come right on out and BACK HER UP in her foolishness though....lol.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well your words are still there in the other thread just as I quoted them, no changes have been made to your statement that Haiti, Jamaica, and Mexico are NOT part of America.

So you're STILL wrong.

18 hours ago, Cynique said:
19 hours ago, Troy said:

For the record I'be been know to change my position on issues as well when provided with new perspectives and additional information. @Pioneer1 can you reference a single incidence when you did this?

No.  Pioneer still can't bring himself to acknowledge that using a turntable to create a different genre of music does not make it synonymous with inventing a turntable. 

@Pioneer1YOU are still wrong about this, and everybody here knows the chances of you admitting it are nil.  You are trying to divert attention from your inability to acknowledge you are ever incorrect by harping on a very ambiguous designation, considering that Haiti and Jamaica were colonized by the European countries of France and Britain and in the modern vernacular are more commonly identified as being a part of the Caribbean.  We realize that your sanity depends on your winning this argument but get a grip and stop playing the victim.  You are stumbling over your ego in trying to take a victory lap.   LOL

22 hours ago, Troy said:

Actually.........................

@Pioneer1Strange looking format your admission is in... This day should be marked on the calendar! Now all we need is an answer as to why Mexico, Haiti, and Jamaica being a part of the Western Hemisphere has anything to do with hip-hop, rap, breakdancing and turn table MCing. 

24 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@Pioneer1Strange looking format your admission is in... This day should be marked on the calendar! Now all we need is an answer as to why Mexico, Haiti, and Jamaica being a part of the Western Hemisphere has anything to do with hip-hop, rap, breakdancing and turn table MCing. 

Oh!
I know you're a little "special"....so let me slowly explain..............

Both you and Del were INSINUATING (without being brave enough to come right out and say it) in the other thread that "Latinos" in New York are just as responsible for the invention/creation of Hiphop as the AfroAmericans.
I believe you two were WRONG about this.

Clearly Puerto Ricans (and Dominicans?) were PARTICIPATING in Hiphop during it's embryonic stage but that doesn't mean they came up with the idea.
Where is the Latino version of Kool Herc?

No matter how far back you go, the idea had to originate with SOMEONE and I maintain that that "someone" was an English speaking AfroAmerican.
However my point for naming those countries is....

Even if we were to entertain your INSINUATION that "Latinos" either came up with the idea of Hiphop or deserve just as much credit:

1.Most Latinos involved in early Hiphop were Puerto Ricans of African descent.
2. And since Latino nations like Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Haiti are also part of the American hemisphere

....technically speaking most of those Puerto Ricans were AfroAmerican who just practiced a Latin culture.

Which means the founders of Hiphop were STILL AfroAmerican.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Both you and Del were INSINUATING (without being brave enough to come right out and say it) in the other thread that "Latinos" in New York are just as responsible for the invention/creation of Hiphop as the AfroAmericans.
I believe you two were WRONG about this.

Who gives a damn what you believe? You offer no references except a bunch of opinionated subterfuge. Unlike you, i pursue the truth, and am not beholden to an afro-centric agenda. 

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

Who gives a damn what you believe? You offer no references except a bunch of opinionated subterfuge. Unlike you, i pursue the truth, and am not beholden to an afro-centric agenda. 

Why don't you "behold" on to  deez afro-centric nu   :P-never mind....lol.

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

the women are sticking together while the Black men are divided.

That is interesting. While I'm certain @Cynique and @Mel Hopkins have had disagreements (no two people agree on everything). They appear to keep those disagreements to themselves.

Allow me to mansplain, I think part of the reason is that women recognize that they are more sensitive and don't express disagreement, opting for harmony, unless they really don't like the other woman, or otherwise don't care about how she feels.

In the 20+ years I've run this forum it is only women that have taken something said to them so seriously that they left in a huff. Men, on the other hand, have tougher skin. I'm sure there is nothing cynique can say to you pioneer (much to her chagrin) to run you off these forums, but I'm not so sure that is would be true for the average woman.

Can you ponit to a reference when Del or Cynique admitted that they were wrong and I was right about an issue?

Del has admitted he was wrong on a number of occasions. Most notably he recently lost $50 to me for being wrong.

Cynique generally expresses her opinion on subjects. While we may disagree with them, as I do from time to time, they are how she feels (ex Farrakhan is a Nazi). People are entitled to their opinions.

Cynique does not express opinions that run counter to known science and assert them as fact; like there are multiple human races or that man's impact on climate is a hoax. So there really aren't too many opportunities where she needs to admit she was "wrong."

@TroyAn interesting explanation but not entirely on the mark. I don't know about Mel, but my always being in step with her  is not because we are both females but because she a smart astute, insightful person who i find easy to side with because she makes sense and is amusing.  I don't find any reason to oppose Chevedove, either,  whether i disagree with her or not.  She's full of documented information.  I know very little about the subjects she posts and she educates me and doesn't have an arrogant bone in her body.  i also felt this way about Chris Burns, who is a man. 

i am not a sensitive person and there is not a man on this board who could hurt my feelings  because insults just roll off my back.  I don't take myself that seriously.  

As for pioneer i couldn't care less whether he stays or goes. i'm not trying to run him away.    i just  don't feel like i have an obligation to like everybody. Some people are just the epitome of what turns me off and familiarity breeds contempt if you get my drift,  but that's life.    You and Del have areas of expertise that make you interesting people.  A lot of what i say is off the top of my head.  i have a store on knowledge in my mental files.  Sometimes it's accurate, sometimes not. Whatever  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Cynique thanks for the thoughtful response.

It is clear that men regularly express disagreement with each other and the women on these forums. Men even go as far as to wager on those differences. 

Here is a question for the women who regularly post: @Mel Hopkins, @Chevdove, and Cynique have you, in recent memory, disagreed with something written by one of the regular female posters mentioned and have expressed that disagreement?

If so, would you describe ths issue or post a link to it. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Troy said:

Here is a question for the women who regularly post: @Mel Hopkins, @Chevdove, and Cynique have you, in recent memory, disagreed with something written by one of the regular female posters mentioned and have expressed that disagreement?

I indirectly disagree with Chevdov's suspicions about a sinister conspiracy to feminize black men by promoting homosexuality,  

• Thanks 1

Troy

I keep telling yall that she doesn't WANT me to leave, lol.

I told you months (probably a couple years) ago that Cynique has mixed feelings for me that fluxuate back and forth between jealousy and attraction.

- Jealous that I may get more attention from you than she does because she enjoys the attention of saying what's on her mind
- And attracted to me (and you too...as well as Xeon and Nubian Fellow -but not Del....lol) based on the natural feminine desire for masculine energy.

Infact, based on my observations I'd say the order for her attraction goes like this.

1. Troy
2. Xeon/ Pioneer1 (for different reasons)
3. Nubian Fellow

For some reason I thought she'd be more attracted to Kalexander but she doesn't seem to care too much for him based on what I've noticed between those two.

11 hours ago, Cynique said:

I indirectly disagree with Chevdov's suspicions about a sinister conspiracy to feminize black men

Yes that us what I mean. You will strongly disagree with me on occasion but never with Mel or Chev. 

Maybe @Pioneer1 has a point. 🤔

6 hours ago, Troy said:

Yes that us what I mean. You will strongly disagree with me on occasion but never with Mel or Chev. 

Because you  strongly engage in  debating with me.  i fight fire with fire.  Mel and Chevdove  are cool.

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I keep telling yall that she doesn't WANT me to leave, lol.

I told you months (probably a couple years) ago that Cynique has mixed feelings for me that fluxuate back and forth between jealousy and attraction.

- Jealous that I may get more attention from you than she does because she enjoys the attention of saying what's on her mind
- And attracted to me (and you too...as well as Xeon and Nubian Fellow -but not Del....lol) based on the natural feminine desire for masculine energy.

Infact, based on my observations I'd say the order for her attraction goes like this.

1. Troy
2. Xeon/ Pioneer1 (for different reasons)
3. Nubian Fellow

@Pioneer1Watta crock of  psycho-babbo bull shit. It's almost too absurd for me to dignify with a response.  I 've never seen you, never talked to you in person and the only thing i have to go by is the crap you post which i never find has much merit as exemplified by your above post.What you call masculine energy i call the resistance of opposites poles and just for the record i like Del a hell of lot more than i do you.  There's nothing about you for me to be attracted to. You guys must really think i have nothing better to do than sit around and wallow in jealousy and compete for your attention.  Get outta here. You flatter yourselves. My main concern in life is waking up every morning. Men, in general, and y'all, in particular, do not command a great deal of my concern because the more i come in contact with men, the more they get on my nerves. i have to try and rein myself in to keep from saying some of the things i really think about you because i'm trying to not be so hypercritical.   But believe whatever makes you feel good about yourself.  Obviously pioneer's ego thrives on his fantasizing and he concocts rationales because he can't deal with rejection so, as usual, his imagination works over time.   Excuse me while i go barf.  And i think i need a hiatus from this presumptuous egomanical drivel.  @TroyAnd feel free to remove my name from this site. I'm serious. Things have run their course.   And i'm bored and tired.

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

Mel and Chevdove  are cool.

Yes, they are cool to you. Again, this is my point; you, describe Mel "cool." Del observed a recent conversation I was having with Mel as combative.  You and Mel are never combative with each other.

I know you and Sara and others went at each other like no one else on the forums have -- regardless of gender, so i'm not saying women treating each others more gently than they do men is universally true in all cases.  But is seems to be the default condition.

Of course this is all a matter of perception and personal observation.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:36 PM, Cynique said:

I don't find any reason to oppose Chevedove, either,  whether i disagree with her or not.  She's full of documented information.  I know very little about the subjects she posts and she educates me and doesn't have an arrogant bone in her body.  i also felt this way about Chris Burns, who is a man. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!! @Cynique For you thoughts! 

On 5/15/2019 at 6:11 AM, Troy said:

Here is a question for the women who regularly post: @Mel Hopkins, @Chevdove, Cynique have you, in recent memory, disagreed with something written by one of the regular female posters mentioned and have expressed that disagreement?

If so, would you describe ths issue or post a link to it. Thanks.

First, I have to go back and read this thread! I have not tuned in until now! So, I am not sure of the subject of this post, but off the top of my head, yes, I can see that we as women in this community don't completely agree, however, it seems to me, that we women that are a part of this community right now, don't take it seriously! And, it seems to me that the subjects and disagreements are not so important as to take it as a personal attack. 

I have to think about the links though and topics because, again, there is nothing that I can think of that was serious enough to even remember! I remember posting about 'BLUE EYES' and I shared some scientific research that was discussed between me and @Cynique. And, I think I remember posting some scientific research about 'giants' on a topic between @Mel Hopkins but, I can't remember if we disagreed or not; it was probably just sharing and learning from different research. 

On 5/15/2019 at 6:51 AM, Delano said:

sounds a bit off

LOL!

21 hours ago, Cynique said:

I indirectly disagree with Chevdov's suspicions about a sinister conspiracy to feminize black men by promoting homosexuality,  

Yeah!-- and we just kept it moving!!! 

9 hours ago, Troy said:

@Troy I don't think so! I think @Cynique is on point! She can bring it! Strong! LOL! But, I just don't feel it is personal at all. She is genuine! Gotta Love her!

9 hours ago, Cynique said:

Because you  strongly engage in  debating with me.  i fight fire with fire.  Mel and Chevdove  are cool.

LOL! TRUTH! 

Men, in general, and y'all, in particular, do not command a great deal of my concern because the more i come in contact with men, the more they get on my nerves. i have to try and rein myself in to keep from saying some of the things i really think about you because i'm trying to not be so hypercritical.

And what real woman cannot understand this point!? Gender conflicts go way back in time.

• Like 1

@TroyAnd feel free to remove my name from this site. I'm serious. Things have run their course.   And i'm bored and tired.

I actually missed this message.  I just now noticed it because Chevdove just highlighted it. The name of forum is permanent unless you want me to remove it. 

As far as your participation, all good things must come to an end and you've done more than your fair share participating. I'm not keen on seeing you go, but alas nothing last forever.

I will miss you when you decide to stop posting. 

Hey does this mean you and Pioneer really aren't gonna hook up? 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 6:11 AM, Troy said:

It is clear that men regularly express disagreement with each other and the women on these forums. Men even go as far as to wager on those differences. 

@Troy  I can't remember disagreeing with @Cynique   @Chevdove or @zaji  in any way that would cause me to want to express that disagreement.    I may have a different opinion about something but their presentation allows for me to consider their perspective. I've  even found myself doing some research and keeping an open mind for more information to possibly advance the discussion.  But I don't disagree with them.  Even if you can find where I said "I disagree" know that I misspoke. 

I believe most women are socialized to have a perspective that is built on a foundation of evidence.  Unfortunately, here in America women are often dismissed as NOT having knowledge about a topic.   Even In your thread about instagram - you decided I didn't have knowledge of world wide web and its commercial activities. You didn't even ask me, first.  But that's the world women live in - so when we express an opinion or subjective observation, trust most of us have a mountain of evidence to back it up.  

I don't bet on stuff.  Aside: I used to bet on horses but racing horses is cruel and inhumane so I don't do it anymore. 

I would absolutely miss Cynique if she leaves the board - but I saw that in my email and I had to stop what I was doing to respond to this thread.  I really appreciate you @Cynique ! You add the je ne sais quoi to this forum that allows so many of us to think and consider your words, experiences and thoughts.  You are a magus and beautiful philosopher! ♥️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I believe most women are socialized to have a perspective that is built on a foundation of evidence.  Unfortunately, here in America women are often dismissed as NOT having knowledge about a topic.

Yes!!! 

4 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I can't remember disagreeing with @Cynique   @Chevdove or @zaji  in any way that would cause me to want to express that disagreement.    I may have a different opinion about something but their presentation allows for me to consider their perspective.

@Mel Hopkins Thank you!! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Troy  I can't remember disagreeing with @Cynique   @Chevdove or @zaji  in any way that would cause me to want to express that disagreement.    I may have a different opinion about something but their presentation allows for me to consider their perspective. I've  even found myself doing some research and keeping an open mind for more information to possibly advance the discussion.  But I don't disagree with them.  Even if you can find where I said "I disagree" know that I misspoke. 

I believe most women are socialized to have a perspective that is built on a foundation of evidence.  Unfortunately, here in America women are often dismissed as NOT having knowledge about a topic.   Even In your thread about instagram - you decided I didn't have knowledge of world wide web and its commercial activities. You didn't even ask me, first.  But that's the world women live in - so when we express an opinion or subjective observation, trust most of us have a mountain of evidence to back it up.  

I don't bet on stuff.  Aside: I used to bet on horses but racing horses is cruel and inhumane so I don't do it anymore. 

I would absolutely miss Cynique if she leaves the board - but I saw that in my email and I had to stop what I was doing to respond to this thread.  I really appreciate you @Cynique ! You add the je ne sais quoi to this forum that allows so many of us to think and consider your words, experiences and thoughts.  You are a magus and beautiful philosopher! ♥️

I am the same way. I typically try to merely express my opinion/views, not launch into outright disagreement, as though in a war. Additionally, if I have ever used that language (I disagree), it is not hard and fast disagreement. I am always open to discussing anything, regardless of my personal views. I know one fundamental thing, no human (including myself) knows everything. No human has a monopoly on truth. I try to carry a sense of humility around things/ideas/knowledge, as long as the thing isn't so overboard that it can do great harm. Then humility or not, I must do everything to stop the verbal harm being done. Generally, however, I will discourse to a point. If I see there is no balance, I stop talking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Even In your thread about instagram - you decided I didn't have knowledge of world wide web and its commercial activities.

Wow this is is so deep.  Mel you know you do the same thing.  For example, you stated emphatically, multiple times, that I did not know how to use Twitter. The statement flies in the face of logic. However I don't recall making a similar statement about your knowledge.  As far as your knowledge about the WWW, I honestly don't recall saying that you did not know anything about Mel.  I don't hold that belief, so it is not clear to me what I could have wrote to give you that impression. Think you are a very smart and passionate woman Mel, one who thinks deeply about subjects and loves people.

However, I do strongly suspect that there are areas of the web that I know a lot more about than you do.  But this is not a personal attack as I demonstrably, know more about the WWW than most people. I also understand that when I say somethings about the web people won't get it because they simply don't have the foundational knowledge or experience.

Still, often I feel it is not what I say/write, but how I say it, which is the thing that irks women far more often than it does men.  I think part of the reason is as Mel stated, "...here in America women are often dismissed as NOT having knowledge about a topic." If this is your worldview you'd be more likely to perceive a slight where one did not exist and was not intended. Black men, in general, don't have this hangup when we relate to each other.  As a result, we don't have to pull punches or couch things in softer language when communicating with each other.

However I can relate to Mel's sentiment; white people (both men and women) assume Black American men don't know very much either.  The is a result of both classism and racism.  The impact of this is broad and deep culturally. It speaks to everything from our education to our incarceration.

Hey @zaji we miss you (or I'll just speak for myself.  I miss you).  You coming to the Black Pack Party?

6 minutes ago, Troy said:

Hey @zaji we miss you (or I'll just speak for myself.  I miss you).  You coming to the Black Pack Party?

Hey there! Partially I have been busy. But mostly staying low and watching words unfold. It's always interesting. I won't be able to make it to the Black Pack Party. How have you been?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

You are a magus and beautiful philosopher! ♥️

In Deed

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Mel you know you do the same thing. 

I don't agree. Mel argues points factually. You argue from a pedigree.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

I also understand that when I say somethings about the web people won't get it because they simply don't have the foundational knowledge or experience.

You may not be aware this sounds condescending. @Troy

• Thanks 1

Troy

Lol @ the way Cynique kept saying "you guys" and snapping on YOU TOO even though you didn't even say anything......LOL.

She just tossed you in the pile with me....COMRAD.

But yeah, AfroAmerican women actually WILL "get down" and THROW DOWN with eachother!

They just have a code not to do it with eachother when a BLACK MAN is around because many of them have been trained to see the Black man as their enemy or the one they should stick together to challenge.

If this was a typical female site with a female moderator there would be beefs and fights left and right that would make the fights between Cynique and Sara look like choir practice....lol.

Cynique

and just for the record i like Del a hell of lot more than i do you

I didn't say you didn't LIKE Del or that you LIKED me more than him.
Those weren't my words.....lol.

I said you weren't ATTRACTED to him like you are to us for the simple fact that he doesn't give off masculine energy vibes.
There's nothing wrong with him being like that; he's just more observatory or neutral......like warm water or kool aid with no sugar.

Some people's gender or sexual identity is mild while others is so strong it "burns" through even online.

Troy doesn't have to post the fact that he's a man or show his picture, the way he writes and how he puts his words together is clearly masculine.

Chevdove on the other hand is the complete opposite and doesn't have to show her picture for you to know she's a woman.

Now just picture some big muscle bound DUDE calling himself a "dove" and chatting away about how he took some cold medicine, put on some pajamas and went to sleep....LOL.

.....infact, one of the reasons I "lol" so much in my posts is to take some of the masculine "edge" off in my delivery.
If I didn't "lol" as much as I did.....my strong opinions and statements would seem much harsher than they probably already do.

Why is that women can disagree without knifing each others. Although i think Nubian Fellow was an exception and Chris Burns as well. 

Although when i think of growing up in the Bronx. Mist of my interactions with other boys was competition with various typea if aggression. Interesting 

15 hours ago, Delano said:

You may not be aware this sounds condescending.

To who, you?  How would you couch the same sentiment without appearing "condescending" Del?

15 hours ago, Delano said:

You argue from a pedigree.

This is a patently false and ignorant statement  I guess you have never read any of my articles providing statistics and data. Indeed, I've learned over time that people are more easily swayed by emotion -- not information.  Indeed you appear to be one of those people.

Also, education and experience (what you apparently mean by "pedigree") are important factor that should be considered when having a conversation/debate with someone.  I would not debate you about astrology and more than I would debate @Chevdove the about the historical content of Christianity.  

@zaji I'm doing fine.  I moved to Tampa, full time, back in December 2017 and am really enjoying it. 

If this was a typical female site with a female moderator there would be beefs and fights left and right that would make the fights between Cynique and Sara look like choir practice....lol.

I have seen evidence of this.  Indeed when a poster emails me about something another poster wrote -- it is always a woman.  There was only two men that have done this in over two decades (I could tell you who both were -- simply because it is so unusual).  I have even had women on other forums email me disparaging remarks about  female moderators on a different discussion forums! -- trying to secretly undermine the another woman.  I've never witnessed a man do this.  

...the way he writes and how he puts his words together is clearly masculine.

I agree.  Overly sensitive people like Del call this type of writing "condescending," when I'm simply stating a fact.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 9:14 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Are Haiti, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Jamaica nations that are part of AMERICA (not U.S.A), or are they not ?

I see being a part of the AmericaS and being AmericaN (U.S.A Citizen) as different. All those places can be a part of the AmericaS, in fact. But not be AmericaN. So it really depends on what is meant. Based on maps online, the attached is what is actually, in modern times, considered The Americas.

11x17-map-72dpi.jpg

7 hours ago, Troy said:

I would not debate you about astrolog

I guess i am more democratic. I dont think my knowledge in the esoteric means a monologue. 

The differnce between me being overly sensitive and you being insensitive is perception. 

I prefer to be seen as sensitive to another person's feelings and positions than insensitive. 

7 hours ago, Troy said:

This is a patently false and ignorant statement  I guess you have never read any of my articles providing statistics and data

Expertise in engineering does not make you an expert in statistics. As is evident when you use statistics to try to prove a point. 

7 hours ago, Delano said:

As is evident when you use statistics to try to prove a point. 

True, since there is apparently no such thing as objective sensitivity.

7 hours ago, Delano said:

As is evident when you use statistics to try to prove a point. 

Here we go... ok, point to a single article I've written to support your statement.  It never ceases to amaze what people will without a shred if evidence....

2 hours ago, Troy said:

True, since there is apparently no such thing as objective sensitivity.

Here we go... ok, point to a single article I've written to support your statement.  It never ceases to amaze what people will without a shred if evidence....

We had this conversation years ago. And you started bitching about how that was years ago. So fur get it

Zaji

I see being a part of the AmericaS and being AmericaN (U.S.A Citizen) as different. All those places can be a part of the AmericaS, in fact. But not be AmericaN. So it really depends on what is meant. Based on maps online, the attached is what is actually, in modern times, considered The Americas

Welcome back to the site, I missed your input.

Yes you're right that the most common term used in refering to the Western Hemisphere is the "Americas" (plural) and for the most part it's the term I also use; but because of the misinformation and confusion that leads so many to believe that ONLY the U.S.A should be called America....I often use the term "America" singularly for shock value to initiate conversation.

For example, I'll call Mexico or Brazil "America" expecting disagreement which will then lead to me correcting them and as it follows a conversations will usually open up over the matter.

Del

Expertise in engineering does not make you an expert in statistics.

Doesn't both fields require you to think logically and in terms of numbers and mathematics?
If so, I would think the same basic intellectual skills that lay at the foundation of both careers could be used by one field to understand the other.
Similar to how an expert in Espanol would atleast have some familiarity with Italiano since both have their roots in the same Latin foundation.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:03 PM, Troy said:

Think you are a very smart and passionate woman Mel, one who thinks deeply about subjects and loves people.

@Troy  wow I didn't know that's how I appear to others.  Welp, here it is. Smart is not how I would describe myself.   I'm curious and sometimes that may appear to be passion but it's more of an obsession to understand the its properties.  I build on a foundation of information so I don't have to think deeply - so while it may appear I think deeply, its actually an  intimate understanding of topic.   And no, I don't have love for people.  I have a love for all living things and their ability to express life that will lead to evolution. 

1 minute ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Troy     And no, I don't have love for people.  I have a love for all living things and their ability to express life that will lead to evolution. 

Now wouldn't this "all" also INCLUDE people?
The man is giving you a compliment, why are you giving him a hard time....lol.