I beg your indulgence...

All of my sistas here have really done themselves proud in offering explanations about their approaches to interacting with other women - as well as men.  Each testament was flavored with their individual personalities and provided clues to why they are so impressive.  I have concluded that one difference between them and me is that i am more argumentive  and when it comes to engaging with men, i like to question everything they say  just to be contrary even as, on this forum,  i cringed at their written responses that had little regard for being detailed-oriented or proof read, full of disjointed sentences, misspelled, omitted, improperly-used words, and incorrect punctuation,  wondering  if these careless lapses carried over into other areas of their lives and have anything to do with their claims of black male victimization. 

On 5/16/2019 at 8:31 AM, Troy said:

Hey does this mean you and Pioneer really aren't gonna hook up? 

I am really not sure whether your parting shot was a lame attempt at humor or if you really think that i actually entertained ideas of "hooking up" with pioneer. 😩 EW.  But, I understand how observers might conclude that making him my whipping boy is motivated by my having secret designs on him. He modestly interprets my "harassment" as an attraction to the "masculine energy" which he imagines he exudes. Sooo untrue. I, myself, always felt that his aura was like a drag, mired in the sticky emanations that seeped from his pompous assertions.  But dream on, pioneer.  As usual, what you decide upon takes on a life on its own and settles into a permanent residence in your warped mentality. Be advised that you have earned a place in my "Obnoxious People Hall of Fame". 

I'd also like to clear up what i think others might suspect: that i looked upon this site as my personal domain and that i jealously guarded my status here, considering all other comers a threat, and that i competed with them for Troy's attention. In response, i say:  it's not like this forlorn forum is bristling with activity and broad participation and enjoys widespread recognition.  On a good day, there might be 4 posters here, bickering or exchanging one-liners.  I'm told there is a substantial lurker audience who, for some reason, never make themselves known and are who pioneer plays to, positive that they are in his corner, rooting him on.  Does this sound like a scenario that my life would revolve around, something that would bolster my self-esteem and make my day? Not.  What benefits accrue from Troy's approval?  Sure, he's a great guy but my being a fixture on his discussion board  enhanced or enabled me in no way. My critics got it all wrong.

So, yes, Troy, remove the "Cynique" title from this site. Free me from having to see what should be Cynique's Corner instead of "Cyniques' Corner", which is how it incorrectly appears.  i'm pretty much history here. "Connie" has more fun on Facebook, hangin' out with my homies, laughing at memes and arguing with a broad spectrum of strangers, Mark Zuckerberg be damned.   Sure, out of curiosity,  I'll be checking things out here from time to time - if you don't block me. Thanks for everything. We cool. (That goes for you too, Del.)  

To my girls, i love you all.  It's been "real".  😙    Buh-Bye!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Cynique said:

To my girls, i love you all.  It's been "real".  😙    Buh-Bye!

What's your facebook link? You can private message me if you don't want all eyes to see it here. LOL. Would love to continue reading your words.

I have made an effort to have less typos and be less argumentative. I admire your engagement in conversations , some that I watched from the sidelines. 

Will miss your wit. Although in the past 3-6months it feels as though AALBC discussions are deflating. or perhaps I don't see the point in most arguments/discussions. 

Farewell Connie

17 hours ago, Cynique said:

I am really not sure whether your parting shot was a lame attempt at humor or if you really think that i actually entertained ideas of "hooking up" with pioneer. 😩 EW.

It was an an attempt at humor.

17 hours ago, Cynique said:

I'd also like to clear up what i think others might suspect: that i looked upon this site as my personal domain and that i jealously guarded my status here, considering all other comers a threat, and that i competed with them for Troy's attention.

Yes a few women have emailed me this sentiment over the years.  I never understood it.  

There were two women in this forum that caused me to intervene in all the years you've posted here; one was Sara (who eventually left on her own after I deleted one of her particularly offensive post -- made against Cynique; and the other will remain nameless, but long time posters can probably guess who she is.  In both cases, Cynique actually defended these women! Cynique is unique.  She was always honest and definitely a defender of free speech. 

Nothing personal @Cynique, but I won't be going to Facebook to read your writings. @zaji if when you read something interesting by Connie please feel free to embed it in a post here.

I've said many times before and I still maintain that there is an under current of contempt and irreverence for Black male authority among many Black women.
You see this online as well as real life.

I'm not saying this is the case with Cynique, but I'm speaking of many female posters in general who choose not to come to this site and a few others that are owned by or mainly moderated by Black men.

Just like many Black women don't like working for a Black male manager because she doesn't want "some sorry ass nigga" whom she doesn't respect telling her what to do or getting the last word in, many don't like participating on a site where a Black male may have the last word.

The motto "to each his/her own" means nothing to people of this mentality.
The concept of simply ignoring those whom you don't agree with or staying in your lane is simply not enough.

Many women like HEAVY HANDED moderation where they can point out those whom they don't like and get them BANNED or better yet get the moderators and other members to CLOWN ON them and shame them into leaving.   

And with most Black sites you can CLEARLY recognize whether the moderator(s) is male or female simply by how they conduct themselves and what they consider inappropriate to say, where as on most White sites I've visited it's hard to tell the male moderators from the female moderators unless them mention it because of how uniformly they think and use their judgement.

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I've said many times before and I still maintain that there is an under current of contempt and irreverence for Black male authority among many Black women.

You have a lot more experience in the arean Pioneer, so I can't weigh in with much experience. The only Black owned site I visit now is run by a woman (Lipstick Alley) and I have no problem there, but I also "play nice" there too 😉

I'm looking for other Black owned forums, but I have not any with much action (most are less active than this forum). Again i encourage people to share information about other Black owned discussion forums -- indeed Black owned sites in general. I have always promoted other Black owned sites

Troy

You have a lot more experience in the arean Pioneer, so I can't weigh in with much experience.

I thought we were talking about SITES....not sex, lol.

I'm looking for other Black owned forums, but I have not any with much action 

You may think this is ridiculous but I really believe that the decline in activity is due mostly to the collective intellectual decline of the AfroAmerican community over the past 20 years.

Social media is mostly about emotion.
Fights, beefing, posturing, showing off, sexual stimulation.....basic shit that any 7th or 8th grader would be interested in. Very little interest in subjects that would provide intellectual stimulation like literature or politics.
And even if there IS intelligent discussion on SM, how long does it take for that dialog to devolve into insults, name, calling, and eventually threats?

SM isn't even DESIGNED for intelligent dialog.
Instagram   Twitter and those little chat room comment sections on the side are for people with straight up ADD who can't keep their emotions stable.
It's designed for people to just BLURT OUT the first thing that pops into thier heads...lol.

A lot of times, Black people with IQ's over 90 end up going to White sites just to have intelligent dialog about subjects they find interesting because they can't find Black sites with enough people who share their interests.

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2019 at 11:24 AM, Pioneer1 said:

How can you miss someone who never left?

She's STILL on the site monitoring what's going on here; she's just not signing in so her name doesn't appear.....lol.

@Pioneer1 Well, if you give her some space, then maybe she will offer some input. 

I love her writing style. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, Pioneer1 said:

A lot of times, Black people with IQ's over 90 end up going to White sites just to have intelligent dialog about subjects they find interesting because they can't find Black sites with enough people who share their interests.

@Pioneer1 You may be right. Black discussion forums are rapidly becoming a thing of the past. I revisited a post, not even two years old, where someone who ran a discussion forum ranked a few others. Half the forums have shut down -- including the one run by the person who made the post.

Connie summed it up best she has more fun on Facebook. The part about typos on posts here, while true, is also true on facebook.

That really is the bottom line. For the vast majority of social media users I observe in real life - who pass me their phone to share something funny they saw on some social site. Of course these sites are designed to highly engage folks and they work very well.

Fast growing platforms like TikTok are completely driven by entertaining videos. Facebook's mobile feed attempts to mimic this but they can't... ultimately people will leave Facebook too.

During the peak of this forum, I would regularly laugh out loud by something I read here, but I could also learn something. There was humourous posts, serious ones, and everything in between.

Most importantly, at least to me, is that this platform is Black-owned and independent. I'm a child of the 60s, who grew up in the segregated northern ghetto of Harlem. So Black independence is a thing I find to be important. This is a sentiment that is dying along with indie Black focused and owned websites.

One reason independence is important is that businesses like AALBC provides opportunities for people. The writers, editors, and others I pay are not being paid by the likes of a Mark Zuckerberg. Of course AALBC's ability to do this is adversely impacted the dominace of Google, Amazon, and social.

Fortunately, individuals whether they are sponsors, site vistors, or contributors to this forum are the people who keep this site alive.

If you are reading this thank YOU for helping to keep this site alive! Also, thank you on behalf of the writers whose work you support, but who will probably never fully appreciate your impact.

• Thanks 3

Chev

Well, if you give her some space, then maybe she will offer some input.

The floor was hers all along.
What I post and my presence shouldn't impact her ability to express herself.
And she said on numerous occasions that it didn't matter to her whether I stayed or left.  (yeah right....lol)

I hope you don't get offended at this as a female, but like I told Troy....it's been my observation that most female posters like being on sites where they can point their fingers at certain people and get them punished by either being shamed and ridiculed or suspended and banned.

I understand that most females tend to be more sensitive than males and it's hard for them to ignore the presence of certain individuals so the concept of "live and let live" and the concept of a place where EVERYONE (including those they don't like) have the total freedom to express themselves makes them feel uncomfortable. 
I don't think YOU are this way because you post your ideas and do your own thing but many females I know can't stand to be on the same site with someone they don't like whether they are communicating with them or not.

Personsonally I don't think it was my presence that made Cynique angry this time but my expressing my belief that she found some of the men on this site attractive and got sexual energy off of her exchanges with us that perhaps made her feel "funny" or embarassed.
I would have taken the statement back if I knew it would have gotten this reaction from her.

Troy

If I had the money, not only would I invest a lot of it into this forum but I'd also invest in your abilities to do other things like networking with and building more AfroAmerican book stores both online and physically.
Perhaps even take things to another level like tarting an on-line independent film clubs for AfroAmericans similar to what you're doing for authors.

You don't talk about your children on here much but if none of them are going to carry on your legacy then you need to find intelligent young minds whom you can trust to safely and successfuly transfer everything you've built and all the knowledge you've gained to.

The Nation of Islam teaches that the concept of "godhood" is passed down from one man to the next as he takes everything he knows and passes it to another and then the next man not only possesses that knowledge but BUILDS upon it with the knowledge he accumulates and it goes so forth and so on generation after generation. Too often in this society individual AfroAmericans have to start from scratch because their parents and elders left them nothing to build from AND when they finally do build something and die,  unless a White man steals it from them - what they know and build doesn't get passed down but just passes away with them.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 you've demonstrated your support for the site, in ways others can never know, beyond just engaging here. 

I would not be surpirised if @Cynique posted here again nor would I think less of her for doing  so. 

My kids, like most people their generation, express liite interest in what I do here. That does not mean that they don't love me. It just means that they will not be taking over the site. If I were to keel over today, unfortunately, the site would die with me. Unfortunately, as Pioneer wrote, this is how we do.

• Thanks 2

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, Troy said:

@Pioneer1 you've demonstrated your support for the site, in ways others can never know, beyond just engaging here. 

I would not be surpirised if @Cynique posted here again nor would I think less of her for doing  so. 

My kids, like most people their generation, express liite interest in what I do here. That does not mean that they don't love me. It just means that they will not be taking over the site. If I were to keel over today, unfortunately, the site would die with me. Unfortunately, as Pioneer wrote, this is how we do.

Because of the different emotions this post has generated in me (for numerous reasons) every time I've read it for the past couple nights...I'm really not sure how to respond.

@Pioneer1 life is complicated man. Often it is difficult to make sense of it. 

For example, I would love for the larger Black community to embrace what I do here simply because I'm a Black man against struggling against massive corporations, who intend to exploit us, to support Black culture and people here on the web.  

I just does not work that way.

I see people on Twitter, for example retweeting and commenting on 45's nonsense. Sure they mean well but they are only helping Twitter and counterintuitively 45.

I wish these very same people would retweet my posts that are actually promotes their work, or writers that they want supported. Some even advertise on the site. So it is not that they don't support, but too much of what we do with our energy and time can undermine what we do with our money.

@Cynique's contributions here were prodigious. I named the forum for her (though I honestly I was a bit sadden by her using a typo on this honor as a passing swipe rather than her just letting me know). However she spends time on Facebook not once sharing any of her brilliant posts here on the platform. Why? Maybe she wanted to keep her online lives separate. It really does not matter.

The bottom line is that most people do this. They easily share trivial utterances made on social media but rarely share major coverage here. They'll gladly do it when asked, but it is not automatic.

Right niw I'm too busy maintaining the site to worry about a succession plan. If the last 20 years are an indicator, the next 20 will be rough. I do recognize people do not live forever.

The reality is most businesses fail and the vast majoirity don't outlive their founders. Mult-gereational survival is not in AALBC's favor, but you've all given me something to think about 🙂

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:01 AM, Delano said:

Or more like the male posts

I've said this time and time again, many AfroAmerican women DO NOT LIKE being in an environment where an AfroAmerican man is incharge!

Some people don't think I'm serious or take me seriously when I say this.
They don't want to believe it.

But I've seen evidence of this far too often to simply dismiss it or push it off on other reasons.

Many don't feel comfortable or don't think it's "right" for an AfroAmerican or ANY African man to tell them what to do and would rather have a Caucasian man, Arab, or even a Caucasian woman tell them what to do and GLADLY do it with no complaints.
But an AfroAmerican man can give them free rein to say whatever they want and do what they like as long as they get the job done and show up on time and no matter what he allows them to do they just don't like the fact that HE is incharge!

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, Troy said:

Now don't be sexist. 

I'm serious about the social media comment. Why elevate social media when the harm it has caused is well known and documented? 

Probably to irk you......lol.

Knowing how you feel about Twitter, facebook, and Google.....if I wanted to push your buttons (or test our friendship....lol), hyping them up would be a good way to do it.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:15 PM, Delano said:

and lack of mind or spirit expanding topics. 

@Delano I know I had grown weary of it.  In fact, the reason I visited today was because of you and Feynman articles. When I saw those I thought of you and then I thought to visit the forum.  

Sadly, Pioneer’s comment up there - reminded of those times. 

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I've said this time and time again, many AfroAmerican women DO NOT LIKE being in an environment where an AfroAmerican man is incharge!

@Pioneer1  you do realize President Obama was in charge (FOR REAL) and had a cabinet filled with black women.  They seemed to love him being in charge! 

Most Black women have no problem working for black men - And there are plenty of black women who will follow black men anywhere.  

So maybe I’ve misunderstood your statement or its context.! But  as it’s written it makes NO sense. 

Troy owns the website but he works for us, the visitors, members and contributors.  In fact, I bet there are more women signed up than men.  So why would anyone (but alt-reicht)  be turned off by a black man owning a website? 🤷🏽‍♀️  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Troy owns the website but he works for us, the visitors, members and contributors.  In fact, I bet there are more women signed up than men.  So why would anyone (but alt-reicht)  be turned off by a black man owning a website? 🤷🏽‍♀️<span> 

More women sign up, buy books, and provide financial support. For, this reason I think if I were a Black woman the site would probably be more successful as my inherent biases would more easily match my demographic, making me better able to select more appealing books for the site.

Yesterday I added over 100 books to the site that are soon to be published. One title, a memoir, All Boys Aren't Blue is a book I have zero interest in personally, but I added it to the site because I suspect some of my readers would be interested in it.

If I only added books that was only personally passionate about I would have a much smaller audience and far fewer books on the site. Besides I get my kicks from turning people on to books and writers they come to love.

I also think woman, especially younger ones, have an advantage when it comes to the media, whuch would also help the site.

But no, I don't think any regular visitor is turned off by a Brother running the site.

9780374312718.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

For, this reason I think if I were a Black woman the site would probably be more successful as my inherent biases would more easily match my demographic, making me better able to select more appealing books for the site.

Don't worry Troy, your sex is not getting in the way here - I'm a black woman and I often find myself out of step with my sisters.  In fact, I think you understand most black women better than I do!  Which is another reason why you've been in business for over a score.   Anyway, I think we are socially conditioned  to support black men.   I hope I misunderstood Pioneer's comment. I rather be wrong on this one. 

50 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Anyway, I think we are socially conditioned  to support black men.

I think you are right about this. All too often I attended book events where men are overly represented as the authors and panelists and the attendees and event organizers are mostly women. 

I hope you are right about my gender not getting in the way.  

• Like 1

Mel

Sadly, Pioneer’s comment up there - reminded of those times.

Lol...now what does THAT mean?

Troy owns the website but he works for us, the visitors, members and contributors. In fact, I bet there are more women signed up than men. So why would anyone (but alt-reicht) be turned off by a black man owning a website?

Your argument is based upon not properly understanding where my focus and criticism is.

OFCOURSE AfroAmerican women (and men) will support an AfroAmerican man who is HELPING THEM OUT.....whether it's Troy helping them to sell their books or Obama giving them jobs.
They aren't stupid, they know how to be nice, who to be nice too, and WHEN to be nice and respectful.

But if they have a CHOICE.....they would rather cater to and do business with another Black woman or even a White man. And the evidence of this is when it comes to "fun" and less formal things like daily social interactions or social engagements like informal chatting they typically form cliques with eachother that exclude AfroAmerican males except for gay ones.

More evidence of this is as you say there are a ton of Black women on this site promoting thier books but when it comes to having discussions about the community on the message board if this same site they may lurk every now and then but are far from interested in participating.

Why?
No one is harassing them or calling them bitches and ho's....but they still don't feel the "urge" to participate in discussions with their male counterparts.....and I know why.

Anyway, I think we are socially conditioned to support black men.

Lol, really?
Can you provide examples where this is evident?

Tell me the city where the women are "conditioned" to support Black men so I can HURRY UP and go there.

Troy

I hope you are right about my gender not getting in the way.

Not for the site in general, because as I told Mel most people will take help from whoever can help them despite their prejudices and hang ups. You have a major platform and you're helping to push their product so ofcourse they'll patronize your site as long as you're helping them to make money.

However where your gender (and sex) probably IS getting in the way as well as any other male who participates is when it comes to the MESSAGE BOARD part where we are free to interact and discuss with eachother.  Again, many don't like being in social environments where AfroAmerican men are in control.

Look Cynique's opening and closing comments:

"All of my sistas here have really done themselves proud in offering explanations about their approaches to interacting with other women - as well as men.

To my girls, i love you all. It's been "real". "

This constant shout out to the females of the site certainly isn't without meaning.

And Cynique in my opinion is one of the LEAST feminist women I've ran into on the internet and if SHE had "us sisters against the world" mentality you can imagine what some of the other women may be thinking.

On 7/4/2019 at 1:38 PM, Pioneer1 said:

What I post and my presence shouldn't impact her ability to express herself.

@Pioneer1 You are absolutely right.

I hope you don't get offended at this as a female, but like I told Troy....it's been my observation that most female posters like being on sites where they can point their fingers at certain people and get them punished by either being shamed and ridiculed or suspended and banned.

Well, just to be sure, I certainly do NOT want you to be shamed, ridiculed, suspended or banned! 

I look forward to reading you!

I don't think YOU are this way because you post your ideas and do your own thing but many females I know can't stand to be on the same site with someone they don't like whether they are communicating with them or not.

Yes, I see this too and tend to get these vibes coming from some posters, but I don't know if it is a gender issue. 

Personsonally I don't think it was my presence that made Cynique angry this time but my expressing my belief that she found some of the men on this site attractive and got sexual energy off of her exchanges with us that perhaps made her feel "funny" or embarassed.
I would have taken the statement back if I knew it would have gotten this reaction from her.

I think a lot of you for this!

On 7/4/2019 at 10:55 PM, Delano said:

Just my feeling that she is gone for good. 

@Delano Yes, I hope you are wrong. 

• Like 1

Chev and Del

We all appreciated Cynique's presence here, including myself.
But like Troy said about the site's future....that's life.

I'm sure you've had loved ones in the off-line world that have literally died.....passed away.
You don't like it but life goes on and you continue to evolve because you don't have much of a choice.
It's a similar concept with an "online" family or friendship.
People stop posting or sites shut down for various reasons and people you've kicked it with for years disappear on you.

I remember one site I had been kicking it on for 7 or 8 years and then one day the owner came on and announced he would be shutting down it in a few weeks...and I almost cried, lol.
Some of them said they were going to facebook too, but I refused.

I still wonder where some of the characters I used to build with are.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 9:35 PM, Pioneer1 said:

We all appreciated Cynique's presence here, including myself.
But like Troy said about the site's future....that's life.

@Pioneer1 You are so right.

Besides, it seemed like she was exhausted.

People stop posting or sites shut down for various reasons and people you've kicked it with for years disappear on you.

So true.

I remember one site I had been kicking it on for 7 or 8 years and then one day the owner came on and announced he would be shutting down it in a few weeks...and I almost cried, lol.

WOW!

Some of them said they were going to facebook too, but I refused.
I still wonder where some of the characters I used to build with are.

Yes, I am not a facebook junkie at all. I do use it but it is very rare.

At an orientation once, a North Carolina Police Officer who came to speak at a major university advise college students to stay off of facebook for 

various reasons! And, I never forgot what he said. 

They may turn up sooner or later. 

On 5/16/2019 at 5:41 PM, Cynique said:

Sure, out of curiosity,  I'll be checking things out here from time to time - if you don't block me. Thanks for everything. We cool. (That goes for you too, Del.)  

@Pioneer1 Cynique also ended with the above comment. So it was not about gender, it is was about the contributions the posters made. She appreciated many of the men who posted here over the years. @ABM comes to mind but there were many others. @Delano

On 7/15/2019 at 3:49 PM, Delano said:

hope that that i am wrong. Next week will be two months that she hasn't been here. 

Cynique wrote she would be checking things out from time to time. So I guess that would make you wrong 😉

On 7/15/2019 at 12:17 PM, Chevdove said:

Sorry would have probably sufficed, but people rarely say I'm sorry and mean it. Even when contrition is expressed the recipient often does not accept it...

It's a similar concept with an "online" family or friendship.

This is so true. @Cynique and @Thumper felt indispensable, but they were not -- no one is indispensable. As long as someone pays the bills, maintains the software and hardware, as hard as that has been for 20+ years, I'm not even indispensable.

10 hours ago, Chevdove said:

At an orientation once, a North Carolina Police Officer who came to speak at a major university advise college students to stay off of facebook for various reasons! And, I never forgot what he said. 

Well @Chevdove well, what did he say?

• Like 1

Humm @Delano  you may have shown me a feature I was unaware of, "Last Visited."  I always assumed it was the last posting date. 

I can tell you one thing for sure, the software does not track visitors, by name, unless they have an account AND are logged in.  So, Cynique can view the forums, without logging in, and all you will see is "guest." Now, I have access to ip addresses, so I could in map the IP addresses of guests to one that Cynique has previously used and get a better indication of when she last visited, but I don't have that kind of free time.  Besides, if she wanted to make her presence known she would just post.

@Delano you seemed to be overly concerned that @Cynique will never return. Why?

Did you look at the number of posts that she actually made over a 9 years period -- winning the day 500 times!  Those stats are far more interesting.  That does not included the 13,874 posts she made from 2002 until 2010, when I moved the forums to AALBC from thumperscorner.com. 

Del, that is an average of three posts per day, everyday, for 17 years. She is 80+ years old. If she never posted another thing here in life, she did her part. I agree with @Chevdove in that fatigue -- both mental and physical played a part.  

Del think about what that means. She actively engaged in a substantive and often enlightening way here for the better part of 20 years!  Most people her age don't even use the web -- let alone actively engage on it.  Is your mom actively engaged on the web?  My own mother has no clue what I do on these forums -- let alone participate in them.

I know you miss her Del.  I do too, but all good things come to an end and she really did her part to make these forums interesting. 

All of you who participate make these forums interesting (you lurkers help too). No one else has done it on the level of Cynique -- at least not yet ;-)

• Thanks 2

So, Cynique can view the forums, without logging in, and all you will see is "guest."

Which is what I suspect she's been doing.....lol.

But since you brought up her age, I know a person can die at 20 or 30 if if you're in your 80s it would be nice to let people know that you're still around and doing alright from time to time.

But if she's gone FOR REAL for real (which I never wanted because I liked bantering with her) then I say we should nominate Chevdove or....as long as she keeps agreeing with me and leave them white menz alone, lol....Mel as the new "1st Lady" of AALBC !

• Haha 1

I don't think so either Del.

When I named the book discussion forum Thumper's Corner I never conceived of naming it anything else after that. The url of this site has "tc" built into it for that reason. 

I may not rename these forum unless it is some major sponsor or something 🙂

I'll email Connie periodically to check in on her. Maybe I'll make her my sole Facebook friend to keep tabs.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, Troy said:

well, what did he say?

@Troy He was a Raleigh North Carolina Police Officer and he basically said that many people have been misled to believe that once you

Then he said that if you post a pic or something that you later regret and try to delete it, however, this will not happen but, it will still be there no matter what.

Then he said that if can affect you job in the future. So he advise students to stay away from facebook.

20 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But if she's gone FOR REAL for real (which I never wanted because I liked bantering with her) then I say we should nominate Chevdove or....as long as she keeps agreeing with me and leave them white menz alone, lol....Mel as the new "1st Lady" of AALBC !

@Pioneer1 LOL! I do NOT have what it takes to stay tuned in long enough to do what Cynique did! I have short attention span!

And also, like MC Hammer said-- regarding @Mel Hopkins-- being First Lady-- She is polished and awesome imo and as MC HAMMER SAID,

when it comes to MEL HOPKINS, "I"  ...

CAN'T TOUCH THIS!...  

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

@Chevdove yes you can! All day erry day!  You got this!!!

I didn't see this one! Thank you for the heads-Up

23 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

🤣  @Pioneer1  I already failed at the gig because I agreed with you! 

Plus sorry, men are men... and although there is  this one light skinned hazel-eyed brother that I'm crushing on -  he scares me speechless  so there's that - ok TMI  TMI ...

No, I already have a club here at AALBC that Troy, appointed me moderator and I'm working on getting folks to contribute there at  readingblack.com ...  So y'all come on over!!!

Edited by Mel Hopkins
missing sentence
  • Thanks 2