Cynique

I beg your indulgence...

Humm @Delano  you may have shown me a feature I was unaware of, "Last Visited."  I always assumed it was the last posting date. 

I can tell you one thing for sure, the software does not track visitors, by name, unless they have an account AND are logged in.  So, Cynique can view the forums, without logging in, and all you will see is "guest." Now, I have access to ip addresses, so I could in map the IP addresses of guests to one that Cynique has previously used and get a better indication of when she last visited, but I don't have that kind of free time.  Besides, if she wanted to make her presence known she would just post.

@Delano you seemed to be overly concerned that @Cynique will never return. Why?

Did you look at the number of posts that she actually made over a 9 years period -- winning the day 500 times!  Those stats are far more interesting.  That does not included the 13,874 posts she made from 2002 until 2010, when I moved the forums to AALBC from thumperscorner.com. 

Del, that is an average of three posts per day, everyday, for 17 years. She is 80+ years old. If she never posted another thing here in life, she did her part. I agree with @Chevdove in that fatigue -- both mental and physical played a part.  

Del think about what that means. She actively engaged in a substantive and often enlightening way here for the better part of 20 years!  Most people her age don't even use the web -- let alone actively engage on it.  Is your mom actively engaged on the web?  My own mother has no clue what I do on these forums -- let alone participate in them.

I know you miss her Del.  I do too, but all good things come to an end and she really did her part to make these forums interesting. 

All of you who participate make these forums interesting (you lurkers help too). No one else has done it on the level of Cynique -- at least not yet ;-)

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano you seemed to be overly concerned that @Cynique will never return. Why?

11 hours ago, Troy said:

all good things come to an end

So, Cynique can view the forums, without logging in, and all you will see is "guest."

Which is what I suspect she's been doing.....lol.

But since you brought up her age, I know a person can die at 20 or 30 if if you're in your 80s it would be nice to let people know that you're still around and doing alright from time to time.

But if she's gone FOR REAL for real (which I never wanted because I liked bantering with her) then I say we should nominate Chevdove or....as long as she keeps agreeing with me and leave them white menz alone, lol....Mel as the new "1st Lady" of AALBC !

• Haha 1

I could be wrong but I don't think thats a title Mel aspires to based on her comments. Clearly I am not speaking for her I am just guessing or presupposing. 

I don't think so either Del.

When I named the book discussion forum Thumper's Corner I never conceived of naming it anything else after that. The url of this site has "tc" built into it for that reason. 

I may not rename these forum unless it is some major sponsor or something 🙂

I'll email Connie periodically to check in on her. Maybe I'll make her my sole Facebook friend to keep tabs.

I guess I did. Email your email address troy@aalbc.com and I'll send you the address I use.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, Troy said:

well, what did he say?

@Troy He was a Raleigh North Carolina Police Officer and he basically said that many people have been misled to believe that once you

Then he said that if you post a pic or something that you later regret and try to delete it, however, this will not happen but, it will still be there no matter what.

Then he said that if can affect you job in the future. So he advise students to stay away from facebook.

20 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But if she's gone FOR REAL for real (which I never wanted because I liked bantering with her) then I say we should nominate Chevdove or....as long as she keeps agreeing with me and leave them white menz alone, lol....Mel as the new "1st Lady" of AALBC !

@Pioneer1 LOL! I do NOT have what it takes to stay tuned in long enough to do what Cynique did! I have short attention span!

And also, like MC Hammer said-- regarding @Mel Hopkins-- being First Lady-- She is polished and awesome imo and as MC HAMMER SAID,

when it comes to MEL HOPKINS, "I"  ...

CAN'T TOUCH THIS!...  

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

@Chevdove yes you can! All day erry day!  You got this!!!

I didn't see this one! Thank you for the heads-Up

23 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

🤣  @Pioneer1  I already failed at the gig because I agreed with you! 

Plus sorry, men are men... and although there is  this one light skinned hazel-eyed brother that I'm crushing on -  he scares me speechless  so there's that - ok TMI  TMI ...

No, I already have a club here at AALBC that Troy, appointed me moderator and I'm working on getting folks to contribute there at  readingblack.com ...  So y'all come on over!!!

Edited by Mel Hopkins
missing sentence
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Plus sorry, men are men... and although there is  this one light skinned hazel-eyed brother that I'm crushing on -  he scares me speechless  so there's that - ok TMI  TMI ...

👀 

3 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

👀 

On 7/19/2019 at 5:40 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

No, I already have a club here at AALBC that Troy, appointed me moderator and I'm working on getting folks to contribute there at  readingblack.com ...  So y'all come on over!!!

@Mel Hopkins Will do!

On 7/19/2019 at 5:58 PM, Troy said:

I will start posting tips for authors/writers.

@Troy This would help me.

• Thanks 2

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:51 PM, Delano said:

I could be wrong but I don't think thats a title Mel aspires to based on her comments. Clearly I am not speaking for her I am just guessing or presupposing. 

Kind of like what you do for feminists, right?
You don't speak for them...but you convey to us their likes and dislikes, lol.

Chev

He was a Raleigh North Carolina Police Officer and he basically said that many people have been misled to believe that once you

Then he said that if you post a pic or something that you later regret and try to delete it, however, this will not happen but, it will still be there no matter what.

Then he said that if can affect you job in the future. So he advise students to stay away from facebook.

To me this is just plain common sense.

Mel

Plus sorry, men are men... and although there is this one light skinned hazel-eyed brother that I'm crushing on - he scares me speechless so there's that - ok TMI TMI ...

Lightskinned and light eyed?

Well....that's a start.
You're on your way back home!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Kind of like what you do for feminists, right?
You don't speak for them...but you convey to us their likes and dislikes, lol.

You are missing my point.