YOUR-. JESUS-. MONEY!!!!!

Black. Church. Sunday.  Black. Christians  Giving. Money,Knowing. The,Preacher. Thieves. Will. Steal. The. Money,To. Buy   Rich. Cars,Rich-Houses,Not  Feeding-Sheltering  The  Homeless.  Not  Uplifting  Poor-Black   Communities.  Black. Congregation  Are  Silent.  They  Are  More,Afraid  Of  These  Fake  Preachers  Than   A  God..Black. ,Democrats. Are  Afraid  Of  These  Money. Stealing  Corrupt  ,Preachers....Black  Christians  ,Stop  Taking. Your  Jesus  Money  To,Church.  You  Will  Find  Out  What  Kind. Of. Jesus. Preacher. You,Got..  Some. Black. People. Think. Black. Christians. Are. ,Idiots,Morons..Black. Christians Go. To. Church. With. Their. ,Jesus,Money.  Nothing. Happens. Poverty,Racism. Does. Not. Stop.  Only. The. Corrupt. Stealing. Jesus. Preacher. Has. A. Good. ,Comfortable. Living...

First of all I don't support people who tell lies ON The Supreme Being nor do I support people telling lies in the NAME OF The Supreme Being.....I want to get that straight.

However for the sake of a nice discussion...................

Who's to say that many of these wealthy preachers AREN'T being blessed as they claim?

If you....as an individual...are making a good living dressing up in fine clothes every day, ride around in expensive cars, live in mansions, and get people from all over the world to send you millions of dollars a year doing what you love to do -is that not a blessing?

You are blessed with money, smarts, and probably a lot of charisma.

What would it look like for you to run around preaching the gospel and you're broke and homeless on the street and have to beg for a meal half the time?

Why go to the extreme and say something like this;

15 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

What would it look like for you to run around preaching the gospel and you're broke and homeless on the street and have to beg for a meal half the time?

I dunno; Jesus was not wealthy man. While the ability to multiply fish eliminated the need to beg for a meal. Many preachers would benefit from being more Christ-like.

Troy

But neither the Bible nor Christian theology claims the goal of Jesus WAS to be wealthy.
According to Christian theology, the goal of Jesus was to come to die for the sins of humanity.....not acquire wealth.
And if the Bible is correct then he accomplished HIS goal/mission.

But that was the goal/mission for HIM......not his preachers, ministers, other Christians, or even the disciples.

The goal of most people.....Christian or not.....is NOT to die for the sins of humanity but to be wealthy and successful.

Preachers are human beings and besides other desires most of them want wealth and prosperity like everyone else. So if wealth is atleast ONE of their goals.....and they're accomplishing it.....then wouldn't that success be a major sign of them actually being blessed?

Further, if I were a Christian and saw my pastor accumulating huge amounts of wealth that was being GIVEN to him and was successful in his ministry and I saw no evidence that he was breaking any Christian rules, should I not take that as evidence of him being blessed and be encouraged to follow his lead in hopes I may enjoy similar blessings and successes?

Why should I condemn him and bash him for living a life that he promised we WOULD enjoy if we joined his church and accepted his message?

If anything, I would look at the poor preacher and wonder why I should follow him.

Dude you are really fixated on financial wealth as one if life's ultimate goals huh? There is also health, happiness, spirituality, peace, and other things that money can't buy. These are some of the things that a spiritual leader should help others obtain.

Only one fixated on money would see a con man convincing people to give them money as "sucessful and blessed."

Also, I wrote, "Christ-like;" no one can die to absolve humanity of all their sins.

Troy

Dude you are really fixated on financial wealth as one if life's ultimate goals huh? There is also health, happiness, spirituality, peace, and other things that money can't buy. These are some of the things that a spiritual leader should help others obtain.

Health, happiness, and peace are PART of one's wealth.....along  WITH being finanically secure.
Have you ever seen a BROKE brutha who was happy and at peace?
A broke ass nigga is liable to destroy himself, you, and anybody else crazy enough to live around him....lol.

You say money can't by these things but a sick person who can't afford to buy their medicine or pay for their operation may beg to differ with you.
Money is an important COMPONENT of a wholistic life of success and happiness.

Now I'm not defending them or their behavior, nor would I give them money, but I'm entertaining the counter-argument some may offer you..........

The Christian preacher may argue back that he IS trying to help others attain those values that you listed by pushing the message to his congregation that if they would simply put their faith in and accept Christ,  THEY TOO will attain wealth, happiness, spirituality, everlasting life, ect.....
But YOUR argument isn't against his message or it's validity, but against his LIFESTYLE.

Could it be that your FOCUS is off?

Could it be that instead of focusing on how the messenger is living, shouldn't the focus be on the validity of the message itself and whether or not the adherents of "the word" are attaining the own success?

If my goal is to become spiritually at peace and the pastor of the church I go to helps me to attain that....why should I concern myself with how big HIS house is or how nice HIS car is?

I'm just saying........

For agument's sake ofcourse, lol.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

being finanically secure.
Have you ever seen a BROKE brutha who was happy and at peace?

It depended upon how you define "financially secure?"  I'm sure you'd agree it is a FAR cry from the ministers who have private jets, a fleet of cars, and huge mansions.  

Yes, I've seen a broke brother who was happy and at peace. I'm one.  That does not mean that I don't have challenges, like everyone else, but I know money can't bring happiness.

I know many people who get on a path of trying to get more and more money, believing it will make them happy.  The problem is, "you can never get enough of what you don't need."

Money is more likely to break up a marriage that hold one together.  In the antebellum south when we WERE money -- that led to hundred of years of enslavement and a bitter war that killed a significant portion of the white male population.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But YOUR argument isn't against his message or it's validity, but against his LIFESTYLE.

No.  My argument is against though that exploit their congregations for monetary gain -- often imporveshing these hapless victims -- who were just seeking peace and spiritual enlightenment.  I don't care about anyone's lifestyle and long as it does not infringement upon others.

The minster's @harry brown decries are predators who take advantages of tax laws, people, and religion.

Troy

It depended upon how you define "financially secure?" I'm sure you'd agree it is a FAR cry from the ministers who have private jets, a fleet of cars, and huge mansions.

Maybe THAT'S what they needed for THEM to feel secure and that they've attained THEIR goal or blessing.
Perhaps the minister with the mansion may have grew up in a shack and swore  that if he ever we blessed to "make it" he would buy the biggest mansion he could afford.

Perhaps another was a little boy who couldn't even afford a bike to ride but would look up at planes flying over his head and promised himself he'd own one of THEM one day.

Just because YOU don't want these things why condemn them for wanting to live out their  dream?

Isn't it a BLESSING to live out your dreams?

Yes, I've seen a broke brother who was happy and at peace. I'm one. That does not mean that I don't have challenges, like everyone else, but I know money can't bring happiness.

MAN SHUT UP YOU KNOW YOU AIN'T BROKE....lol.

My argument is against though that exploit their congregations for monetary gain

To "exploit" means to ab-use or use incorrectly.
To take advantage of.

If they are voluntarily giving those preachers their money and getting emotional satisfaction as well as what they BELIEVE to be spiritual satisfaction., hope, and happiness from that church.....is it really exploitation?

These people are getting HOPE and HAPPINESS (a few of your precious values you spoke of) from that man and his church!
So perhaps it's fair exchange
Kind of like how a patient pays their counselor for comforting conversation and good advice.

often imporveshing these hapless victims -- who were just seeking peace and spiritual enlightenment.

I'll be honest with you......
I honestly don't know anyone who BECAME poor from dealing with a lying pimping preacher.

Most of those who ARE poor and giving money to these types were ALREADY poor and poorly educated to begin with so they didn't have a hell of a long way to fall.  But again, what you may be missing is the fact that many of these people are receiving EMOTIONAL satisfaction and hope....not to mention a place to socialize and meet friends and potential marriage partners....one of the main reasons many people go to church for in the first place.

Perhaps you are focusing too much and putting too much responsibility on the preachers and what THEY should be doing and not enough on these people and what they're GETTING already in return.

The vast majority of these followers are adults who are NOT retarded can clearly make their own decisions as to how to spend their money.
You (and Harry....lol) act as if these preachers are breaking into elementary schools and brainwashing children into signing contracts and stealing their lunch money.  These are adults who are doing what they do for their own personal reasons whether we agree with them or not.

I can't BELIEVE I'm sitting up here trying to defend these jack-legs....lol.
But it's a fun excercise!

I may take the opposite side of another argument I don't necessarily agree with just for the fun of it.

• Like 1