Oregon started as an all white state

Deep so very deep.

I say let them have their state. If it will make them happy. It a rainy place any way. I went once just to say i went there. I dont care if I never go back. Maybe Black people can have Mississippi. 

All the normal, sane people can live in the rest of the country and not have to worry about racists of any color.

4 hours ago, Troy said:

Deep so very deep.

I say let them have their state. If it will make them happy. It a rainy place any way. I went once just to say i went there. I dont care if never go back. Maybe Black people can have Mississippi. 

All the normal, sane people can live in the rest of the country and not have to worry about racists of any color.

They are normal

It might even END as an All White state.
Has anyone been following what's been going on there the past few days where right-wing militias have grouped up to take over the state's capital?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/militia-threat-shuts-down-oregon-capitol-amid-walkout-republican-lawmakers-n1020696

I used to live in Oregon.
Portland has a LOT of Black people and most of them come from the Los Angeles and Oakland area.

@Delano because the behavior is exhibited here in America does not make it "normal."

On 6/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Portland has a LOT of Black

A lot? Relative to what? Sure there are some negroes living in Portland, but that is really stretching it man -- about the same number of people attend a cowboys game on any given Sunday as there are Black people living  in Portland. It is an amazingly white city. As far as I'm concerned they can have it. Though I would like to visit Powell's Book Store one day.

6 minutes ago, Troy said:

@Delano because the behavior is exhibited here in America does not make it "normal."

A lot? Relative to what? Sure there are some negroes living in Portland, but that is really stretching it man -- about the same number of people attend a cowboys game on any given Sunday as there are Black people living  in Portland. It is an amazingly white city. As far as I'm concerned they can have it. Though I would like to visit Powell's Book Store one day.

Oh man, Powell's City of Books used to be my SPOT when I lived in Portland!
I'd go up there every other weekend to read and meet women but mostly to read books that I didn't see anywhere else.

I remember  sitting down reading some some authentic translation of books by members of the Chinese revolution who documented what they saw and did and it talked about how children were attacking and killing their teachers in the class room.  I haven't read books like that anywhere else.

You may laugh when I say this but if you ever went to the Northside of Portland many of the streets would remind you a lot of Harlem; not only demographically but even how dense the infrastructure of the buildings are.
North Portland is mostly Black and used to be even Blacker than it is today but it's been gentrified over the past 20 years.

40 minutes ago, Troy said:

@Delano I don't think I know any Black people affected by racial violence. Sure I'm aware of the sensationalized stories that make the news, but I don't know anyone personally.

So you don't know anyone who died in the drug wars or from street violence?