Nike Pulls a Sneaker Colin Kaepernick Found Offensive

In a “breaking News” email from the Wall Street Journal...

Nike Pulls ‘Betsy Ross Flag’ Sneaker After Colin Kaepernick Intervenes

Nike is yanking a U.S.A.-themed sneaker featuring an early American flag after former NFL star-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick told the company it shouldn’t sell a shoe with a symbol that he and others consider offensive, according to people familiar with the matter.

See More Coverage ›

Nike-Air-Max-flag.jpg

What?!

This whole scenario is crazy on so many levels...

Does Nike think they are "woke" as a result?

Is Colin really that soft that he finds a stupid sneaker offensive.  That sport he got booted from is way more offensive in the way they treat their athletes most of whom are Black.  If a flag offends him he could not walk down the street of many neighborhoods without having his fragile sensibilities offended.

Of all the news that the Wall Street Journal could have shared with me today -- this is what they decided to share.  Obviously their algorithms are working cause they knew what would peak my interest (I'm sharing the article here).  But I'm not sharing any more of their nonsense "news." It just drives them to cover silly interactions between a greedy corporation and the childish Black athletes they are exploiting.

@CDBurns I hope you scored a few pair before they were pulled. Colin has driven the price of these sneakers through the roof on the secondary markets.  I saw one site selling the shoes for $2,500. Colin next time you find a shoe offense let me know before you tell Nike so I can buy a few pair. 

You simply can't make this shit up.

On 7/1/2019 at 8:11 PM, Troy said:

I saw one site selling the shoes for $2,500. Colin next time you find a shoe offense let me know before you tell Nike so I can buy a few pair. 

That is crazy! 

But about the article; from what I read, Colin spoke up after it went viral on some social media sites. So, I don't believe that Colin is the spark of this issue, but he became involved later. 

So I guess mulattos like Colin Kaepernick and Aeshya Curry are going to be among the new spokesperson's for AfroAmerican issues.

Or better yet.....the KARDASHIANS can also be spokespersons!

When it comes to AfroAmerican isssues, Trump seems to be paying more attention to and granting favors for KIM KARDASHIAN than even Kanye, Jim Brown, Steve Harvey or any other AfroAmerican jockying for his attention.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

...than even Kanye, Jim Brown, Steve Harvey or any other AfroAmerican jockying for his attention.

If would be interesting to hear what Steve and Jim have to say for themselves today.

You're probably right.
I remember during a spat on a radio program with a sista from Michigan Steve Harvey's retort was for her to enjoy a nice BROWN glass of water...and he emphasized the word brown.
Despite numerous calls for him to I don't recall him ever apologizing for that snap either.

What made me think that someone who is that insensitive to the attempted environmental genocide that was being inflicted upon an entire city would be burdened by emotions like shame and embarrassment?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 6:56 AM, Troy said:

so there was outrage before Colin spoke up? So folks Black folks are offended by this sneaker... do i have the right shoe?  I don't get it?

@Troy I didn't follow the story ver well, but yes, I believe this topic went viral before Colin was noted for his position. 

On 7/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, Pioneer1 said:

So I guess mulattos like Colin Kaepernick and Aeshya Curry are going to be among the new spokesperson's for AfroAmerican issues.

Or better yet.....the KARDASHIANS can also be spokespersons!

When it comes to AfroAmerican isssues, Trump seems to be paying more attention to and granting favors for KIM KARDASHIAN than even Kanye, Jim Brown, Steve Harvey or any other AfroAmerican jockying for his attention.

@Pioneer1 You struck a nerve!!!

Add to this list the former President Obama, okay! He too is bi-racial but many Blacks will get angry if this is noted by a Black person.

Yeah, regarding Kim K., @Pioneer1 this is old, old, .... very old news in how Black African people have historically been sidelined!

You may not agree, but this is the very process in the term 'CAUCASIAN' and more ancient terms being changed in its' original meaning!

Today, many people, WHITE PEOPLE in SOUTH AFRICA are known to be WHITE, CAUCASIANS and EUROPEAN, but if the higher powers allow this to continue, thousands of years from now, this term 'AFRICAN' will be defined as being today's White European Caucasians.

Your belief too about the term 'Jew' means a White person, but this is not true in ancient times. 

There are so many terms today that we believe define White people but this kind of history is deceptive.

Chev

Your belief too about the term 'Jew' means a White person, but this is not true in ancient times.

There are so many terms today that we believe define White people but this kind of history is deceptive.

"Jews" are just one ethnic group within the Caucasian race and for the most part Jews have pretty much always been predominately Caucasian.  You've have a few African and dark Arab Jews here and there but for the most part Jews are just one branch of the Caucasian race....like Slavs, Celts, Iberians, Aryans, ect...

I told you before the that Children of Israel or the Israelites represent the Caucasian race, and just like the Bible says that Judah is just one tribe out of 12 Israelites......
Jews are just one ethnic group out of many tribes or ethnicities of Caucasians.

By the way the word "Jew" isn't the original correct name.
It's just an Anglicanized version of the original word "Yahoodi" which is the actual and original name.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:45 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Jews" are just one ethnic group within the Caucasian race and for the most part Jews have pretty much always been predominately Caucasian.  You've have a few African and dark Arab Jews here and there but for the most part Jews are just one branch of the Caucasian race....like Slavs, Celts, Iberians, Aryans, ect...

@Pioneer1 I acknowledge what you say, but I totally disagree.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:45 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I told you before the that Children of Israel or the Israelites represent the Caucasian race, and just like the Bible says that Judah is just one tribe out of 12 Israelites......
Jews are just one ethnic group out of many tribes or ethnicities of Caucasians.

Yes, and again, I acknowledge what you believe, but you are absolutely wrong.

However, I would not make any attempt to change your mind.