Trump. Attacking. Women. Of. Color.

Racist. Idiot. Trump. Vocally.  Attacking. Black. And. Brown. Women,Politicians. Saying. They.  Should.  Go. Back. To. Their. Own,Country,Knowing.  They.  We're. Born   In.   America.  While  His,KLAN   Trash  Supporters  Cheer...Trump  Supports   Rapper,ASAP-Rocky  Who  Is   In  Jail  In Sweden.  Never    Heard  Of  Him..

I'm glad to see this.

This is the type of wake-up call these Latinos and Arabs need to let them know the REAL America and how so many of these Caucasians REALLY feel about them.
I just wish Trump was doing this with Asians too.
Since they like education so much Trump will give them a GOOD old fashioned education on White Supremist ideology American style.

For decades AfroAmericans have been trying to tell these people about the racism that exists in this nation but they didn't want to listen and insisted that hard work and education and keeping their mouths shut would suffice; hell many of them even joined the Republican party and ran around calling themselves "conservatives".
........but now they're beggining to learn what time it really is.

Maurice

Welcome to the site.

With Trump, Boris, and that character down in Brazil....all you're witnessing is just an "unmasking" of the Satanic racism that was hidden for years.  It's a strategy where they're trying to make it more acceptable to be racist in public.

I have a couple questions for you......

1. Are you "Black"?
I put Black in quotes because it's a term I don't care too much for using.

2. Obvious most Africans in the West have familial roots in Africa but more immediately, since you're in the UK if you ARE "Black" does your immediate family come from Africa or the Carribean?

33 minutes ago, Troy said:

Hey @Pioneer1 now that Cynique is no longer here, I feel more comfortable publically asking this question: Does Cynique past your test of being "Black?"

Man, I'm glad I saw this question before I ran out the door for lunch.......lol.

To answer your question: no

But that doesn't mean I don't consider her a "sista" in the colloquial sense because she's AfroAmerican.

When I use the term "Black" or "African" I use it as a RACIAL term for people with a PREDOMINANCE of African ancestry.
When I use the term "AfroAmerican" I use it as an ETHNIC term for those who have  ATLEAST SOME African ancestry but grew up in America and share the common AfroAmerican experience.
They can range from having only trace amounts of African ancestry to being 100% African descent with no Whites or Native Americans in their family tree.

Cynique was just a typical light skinned AfroAmerican woman.....with Chinese eyes, lol.

@Pioneer1 you can't see why your use of race is so problematic.

Because I'm not (try not to be) so fixed on race I concerned about a person's skin color -- something which they have no control over.  I do, however, consider their ethnicity or cultural -- which is independent of skin color.

From my vantage point Cynique is as "Black" as they come. Given what you wrote about ethnicity we are probably in agreement that Cynique is "Black," or "Afro-American." if you prefer.

As far as Cynique being racially Black the question is irrelevant to me as there is no race. You believe in race, so it is important to you.

You asked @Maurice if he was "Black." Given your understanding of "Black" means, what you are really asking him is what is his skin color.  My question to you is what difference does it make? How does his skin color inform your understanding of who he is or what he believes.  Why can't what he writes serve that purpose?

Troy

It's not my USE of race that is problematic, it's your UNDERSTANDING of it...or rather MISUNDERSTANDING that is causing problems.

You keep looking at race through a CULTURAL lense which is a huge mistake.
Race may influence culture but one has to do with genetics and phenotype while the other has to do with language, foods, experiences, and other behaviors.

When I asked Maurice was he "Black"....if you noticed I capialized the word and put it in quotation marks to make it clear that I'm not using the term in a literal sense but in it's most commonly used racial sense.

I also made it clear that I don't like using the word "Black" for a racial term.
And your misunderstanding illustrates my reasoning for NOT being fond of using the word "Black" with regard to race......because it's an inaccurate term and often too confusing.
Few people on this planet are actually Black in color, most are various shades of brown.

Maurice

Hiya Pioneer1,

No, I'm not black. I'm a white East End of Londoner, born and bred. 

Here for the literature, of course 👍

Thank you.

Is the East End of London where they speak Cockney?

4 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Troy

It's not my USE of race that is problematic, it's your UNDERSTANDING of it...or rather MISUNDERSTANDING that is causing problems.

You keep looking at race through a CULTURAL lense which is a huge mistake.
Race may influence culture but one has to do with genetics and phenotype while the other has to do with language, foods, experiences, and other behaviors.

When I asked Maurice was he "Black"....if you noticed I capialized the word and put it in quotation marks to make it clear that I'm not using the term in a literal sense but in it's most commonly used racial sense.

I also made it clear that I don't like using the word "Black" for a racial term.
And your misunderstanding illustrates my reasoning for NOT being fond of using the word "Black" with regard to race......because it's an inaccurate term and often too confusing.
Few people on this planet are actually Black in color, most are various shades of brown.

Maurice

Thank you.

Is the East End of London where they speak Cockney?

Yes, that's the traditional home of Cockney lingo. Nowadays, you can hear many dialects . I moved to Kent almost 20 years ago. Not far from London and not from the sea which is great.