Troy in the Home Office Where AALBC Started

Some guys have man caves, but I don't spend a lot of time doing the things one would do in  one.

There are a lot of stories in this photo. It really it tells me how much technology has improved in 20 years. I still use the same desk. It is probably the only thing I still use from back then. The room is only about 9 x 12. Technically one of three bedrooms in the apartment I rented in NYC right out of grad school. 

20190724_164406.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

The photo above popped up in a completely unrelated search on Google for a book.  Completely distracted from what I was I was originally looking for by this photo I had to see where it was posted which brought me back here.  I also felt compelled to share an updated version. This photo was taken a few minutes ago.  I'm in my current office.  

My high school diploma is above my right shoulder in both photos. I suspect most people don't have their HS diploma framed and hung on a wall. I guess that is why it is called an "Ego Wall." Then again, if you went to my HS, you'd probably get it.  Am I right @Mel Hopkins

Troy in the photo above could have never imagined Troy in the photo below.  Anyone who has been an adult for more than 25 years can say the same thing.  I guess that is why I find older people so fascinating.

What will the next 25 years hold for us?

troy-in-2023-1000-aalbc-office.jpg

Google knows really knows what will engage you...  I miss the days when Google was just a good search engine.

• Like 1

@Troy The Next 25 years? 😅 Oh how cool would  that be!  I just got skinny again - so I’m ready for it!  lol!  Anyway - you got me going through my old Tech pics and here is a multicultural representation of how advanced our specialized talented tenth school was back in the day! #GoEngineers

Scan_20170730 (49).jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

.  I did not know they had color photography back then

LOL! I didn’t even know I wanted to be a journalist but I went on gathering, documenting and disseminating information major/minor events anyway.  So yes, I agree with you - if you get a chance to live and age -you have a lot  great stories to tell! And if you’re really lucky you get to journey with some really interesting people.  😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Awe... @Mel Hopkins and @Troy you're adorbs.  I won't dare show my oldie but goodie - I was all forehead and shiny fa-real, and had the nerve to have a toothpick in my mouth, an afro pick in my hair (in several pics) and wore my platform shoes til the heal came off!  A legit tom-boy who went to a Catholic Grade School, and graduated with honors throughout all of my formal education years.  ahh, the good old days. 

What's changed from then to now, well, I wear my hair natural, I still have a lot of tom-boy in me, but much more graceful, I have a laptop, a bike...and livin the dream (an artist, an author, but still an 8-5).  Hey, it's hard out here for a pimp, but I'm loving the journey!  

On 5/11/2023 at 6:01 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

if you get a chance to live and age -you have a lot  great stories to tell! And if you’re really lucky you get to journey with some really interesting people.

@Mel Hopkins  Tru dat!

• Like 2